Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

View Poll Results: It's
Cool 16 2.96%
Not Cool 227 42.04%
I dont give a ____ 297 55.00%
Voters: 540. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-27-2009, 7:35 AM

Other times?

The times I have a loaded M1919A4?
Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Sage View Post
I support violence against communists.
The United States once fought and killed communists abroad. Domestically, persons suspect of being a communist faced interrogation, juries, and having their careers and lives destroyed.

Today, they walk among us. They’re on the television, they write for the newspapers, they have infiltrated the schools, the political system, and law enforcement. They call themselves Liberals.
Old 05-27-2009, 7:45 AM

Speaking as a super-secret, double-ought undercover agent trained in all of the mystic and deadly martial arts [ my entire body is a lethal weapon], I often find it useful to dress in my combat gear at the shooting range for those occassions when an impending super-secret-double-ought mission demands a quick review of my 'essential martial equipments' [ sorry gents, that's as much as I can say about my essential martial equipments, were I to tell you any more I'd have to kill you.... ].

Old 05-27-2009, 7:51 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronHorrocks View Post
Other times?

The times I have a loaded M1919A4?
Are there any times when you don't have a loaded firearm within reach?
Originally Posted by SJgunguy24 View Post
Some people are so open minded, their brains have fallen out.

WTB: Saiga .223 bolt; HK G3 bolt; Chinese AK pistol grips; milled AK cut receiver pieces and stubs.
Old 05-27-2009, 8:16 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick View Post
Dan, we don't assume you're a mall ninja. We know you're one

And that's how we know it's you. Hard to tell under that helmet and behind those ballistic glasses

Nah. WHo in his right mind would judge a guy with two camo dildoes strapped to his forehead
I LOL'd

Got a little frustrated in previous post. I'm off my soapbox now.

It's not me you have to worry about, you should see my gunner. Total Gear Queer...
My gut is good for two things, making poo and spotting crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiese View Post
Do not get your legal advice from Forest Rangers or Sheriffs: that's like getting medical advice from your plumber.
Old 05-27-2009, 9:17 AM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick View Post
Are there any times when you don't have a loaded firearm within reach?
Yes... While I'm a work. It's against company policy.
Quote:
The United States once fought and killed communists abroad. Domestically, persons suspect of being a communist faced interrogation, juries, and having their careers and lives destroyed.

Today, they walk among us. They’re on the television, they write for the newspapers, they have infiltrated the schools, the political system, and law enforcement. They call themselves Liberals.
Old 05-27-2009, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanze View Post
Sound familiar?
Actually in the army you are gonna get M4, rather than AR-15. Having a semi automatic weapon on the battlefield is rather unfortunate. Brits had semi FALs during Folkland war and swapped with the Argentinian full auto FALs whenever they had a chance. Also, you can't substitute skills with tacticool gear.
Old 05-27-2009, 10:20 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Roy View Post
Actually in the army you are gonna get M4, rather than AR-15. Having a semi automatic weapon on the battlefield is rather unfortunate. Brits had semi FALs during Folkland war and swapped with the Argentinian full auto FALs whenever they had a chance. Also, you can't substitute skills with tacticool gear.
Actually, it is preferrable for rifleman to have a very accurate rifle in semi auto

We have SAWs, M240's, M2s, Mk19s for full auto
Quote:
Do not get your legal advice from Forest Rangers or Sheriffs: that's like getting medical advice from your plumber.
Old 05-27-2009, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBamBoo View Post
As soon as you pull up he will rush over and inspect your guns...and then tell you why it is crap and what he has is so much better....after that he proceeds to tell you about his adventure as a Air Cav pilot in 'Nam...ok...in case you missed the first part of my post...his AGE...re-read.
Every place seems to have one of these guys.
Old 05-27-2009, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronHorrocks View Post
I'm guessing you guys would make fun of me and my buddies when I host a "WWII rifle shoot"
That's cool, I would join you if I had a WWII uniform, all I have is Vietnam era and modern uniforms.
Old 05-27-2009, 11:26 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by God Bless The Mauser View Post
That's cool, I would join you if I had a WWII uniform, all I have is Vietnam era and modern uniforms.
We're actually a Vietnam reenacting group, but many of us have other unique impressions that we like to use from time to time.

Check out www.myspace.com/AaronHorrocks and look at the latest group of photos I uploaded called "Vietnam Deployment" or something to that effect. I think you'll need to change your shorts after that!

Also, put in a friend request to "Airsoft Reenactors Group" www.myspace.com/AirsoftReenactorsGroup and you'll be kept up to date on our events and such.
Quote:

Old 05-27-2009, 11:32 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier415 View Post
Hell, I may even come out with two camoflauged dildos strapped to my forehead with windsocks attached to the top just for the hell of it.
Best line in the thread. Now how you keep coming up with the imagery, like the windsocks, is notable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier415
For as close as we all are here, and how gun owners are a brotherhood, sure are a lot of judgemental people...
+1. I have been noticing this a bit more on CGN. Lot more judgmental tone in some threads, which is not sarcasm - which we all do from time to time, but some kind of "higher pillar" snobbery is itching in.

The moment the idea is admitted into society, that property is not as sacred as the laws of God, and that there is not a force of law and public justice to protect it, anarchy and tyranny commence.' and that `Property is surely a right of mankind as real as liberty.'
- John Adams

http://www.usdebtclock.org/
Old 05-27-2009, 11:33 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
The original AR-15 made by Armalite in Hollywood CA was select fire which was adopted by the military and designated the M-16 which later became the M4.

No **** you can't substitute skills with tactical gear. Who said that you could in this thread?

The "sound familiar?" point I was making was that your mentality is shared with notable gun control supporters like Gen. Wesley Clark who support a ban on so-called "Assault Weapons" by saying things like, "If you want to shoot an assault weapon, join the military." with no regard to the second amendment. Yanno? That silly thing called the constitution that he has taken an oath to protect, preserve and defend?

So again, if you are indeed a supporter of the second amendment I fail to see why you'd make such elitist comments and admonish someone for acquiring and learning to use gear on par with the military and most definitely a militia.

Peace. (Through superior firepower)

"It is the first responsibility of every citizen to question authority." - Benjamin Franklin

Quote:
"Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack." -Stanze
Old 05-27-2009, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanze View Post
The original AR-15 made by Armalite in Hollywood CA was select fire which was adopted by the military and designated the M-16 which later became the M4.

No **** you can't substitute skills with tactical gear. Who said that you could in this thread?

The "sound familiar?" point I was making was that your mentality is shared with notable gun control supporters like Gen. Wesley Clark who support a ban on so-called "Assault Weapons" by saying things like, "If you want to shoot an assault weapon, join the military." with no regard to the second amendment. Yanno? That silly thing called the constitution that he has taken an oath to protect, preserve and defend?

So again, if you are indeed a supporter of the second amendment I fail to see why you'd make such elitist comments and admonish someone for acquiring and learning to use gear on par with the military and most definitely a militia.

Peace. (Through superior firepower)
Actually, I wasn't bringing in any politics here... The point is that many people are trying to become military proficient using tacticool gear or larger caliber instead of gaining proper skills.
Old 05-27-2009, 11:55 AM

Larger Caliber = Larger Fun!
Quote:

Old 05-27-2009, 12:50 PM
Veteran Member

I like to wear my butt-less chaps to the range with nothing underneath. People look at me funny but nobody has shot at me yet.
Old 05-27-2009, 3:59 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Actually, it is preferrable for rifleman to have a very accurate rifle in semi auto

We have SAWs, M240's, M2s, Mk19s for full auto
Don't even try and explain the difference between traveling overwatch and bounding overwatch.

...... you cant have no idea how little I care "

Monte (Tom Selleck) - 'Monte Walsh'

"It's not always being fast or even accurate that counts, it's being willing. I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger--and I won't."

John Wayne as John Bernard (J. B.) Books in The Shootist
Old 05-27-2009, 4:05 PM

who cares what people wear
And the wisdom to know the difference.
Old 05-27-2009, 5:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1fabweld View Post
I like to wear my butt-less chaps to the range with nothing underneath. People look at me funny but nobody has shot at me yet.

Is the range in San Fran by any chance?
Old 05-27-2009, 5:58 PM
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Majik View Post
"kind of".

I vote for just plain dumb. It's not "a little" dumb, or "sort of" dumb. It is dumb.
Dumb? Really? What if tf they intend to wear that stuff when the SHTF? Where else are they going to get to practice carrying, shooting and reloading with all that crap on?

Old 05-27-2009, 6:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal-Irish View Post
So what do you think when you see someone in goggles, gloves and combat attire at the range?
What do you consider combat attire? Like tact vest with 73 pockets with a Kevlar helmet, gloves with reinforced knuckles and sand goggles?

Some times i sport a pair of digi camo pants, but thats as far as my tact gear goes while at the range.

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass" -Japanese Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto (WW2)
Old 05-27-2009, 6:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grammaton76 View Post
I go to the range in tacti-cool body armor. I tend to look like this while I'm wearing it:

No law against concealed body armor...
I've heard of, and even had high and tight hair cuts while i was in the Army, but high and tight pants? Thats new to me, lol.

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass" -Japanese Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto (WW2)
Old 05-27-2009, 6:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-NewYawker View Post
Dumb? Really? What if tf they intend to wear that stuff when the SHTF? Where else are they going to get to practice carrying, shooting and reloading with all that crap on?

Dressed like that during SHTF is like a magnet to engage for LEO, Army, contractors, etc.
Old 05-27-2009, 6:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tango5 View Post
I've heard of, and even had high and tight hair cuts while i was in the Army, but high and tight pants? Thats new to me, lol.
LOL
Old 05-27-2009, 6:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-NewYawker View Post

That is an awsome setup
Old 05-27-2009, 6:18 PM
Jonathan Doe

Let them do whatever they want. It is their business.
Old 05-27-2009, 6:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal-Irish View Post
So what do you think when you see someone in goggles, gloves and combat attire at the range?
The goggles, gloves and combat, attire I can care less about. Its the mullets that do it for me

Old 05-27-2009, 6:49 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:

nevermind me, i'll be the guy down at the end who chugs a few high octane energy drinks (best way to simulate adrenaline shakes on an empty stomach) and commences running in place and doing pushups for a few minutes to get my heartrate through the roof before grabbing a weapon and drilling low ready to ready, controlled pairs, scan and back to low ready.

If I saw someone pounding energy drinks and running in place, I might consider shooting another day
Old 05-27-2009, 7:06 PM

I USUALLY dont care much what people wear BUT I DO watch how people ACT...if I see people that look,dress,act like GB's I watch them like a hawk.....if some guys or guys are in tacticool..fine JUST AS LONG as they dont start acting like diccks,macho,criticize my firearms,crowd my table or area...THEN i say or do something......if people are acting in a careless manner...I tell them or the RO if they dont get the hint.
Old 05-27-2009, 7:11 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Dressed like that during SHTF is like a magnet to engage for LEO, Army, contractors, etc.
Open-carrying during SHTF is just as likely to draw unwanted engagements from the LEO and .mil guys.

BUT, I'd say that a guy tac'd out is less likely to be thought of as a common criminal than a guy wearing a baggy T-shirt and low-rider baggy jeans running down the street with a gun in hand. I'd rather the LEOs stop and wonder if I'm a friendly and try to contact/ID me than make assumptions that I'm an armed looter and start shooting.

Case in point: a couple of days ago, I passed through some sort of LEO action on Santa Monica Blvd. just west of Beverly Hills. There were cops dressed in khaki pants and polo shirts with black chest rigs and thigh rigs strapped on. There were no obvious SWAT team markings on their vests, but you could tell they were LEO because they intermingled freely with uniformed patrolmen. These guys all tac'd out looked no different than regular civilians at the range wearing khakis, polo shirts, and tac gear, including myself when I take tac courses.

So if I were dressed like that running down the street with a long gun in SHTF, chances are VERY HIGH that another LEO would initially assume that I'm also LEO. And hell, I'd be happy to work with them in protecting my neighborhood, so if they hailed me for help, I'd do exactly that.

Last edited by dchang0; 05-27-2009 at 7:25 PM..
Old 05-27-2009, 7:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchang0 View Post
Open-carrying during SHTF is just as likely to draw unwanted engagements from the LEO and .mil guys.

BUT, I'd say that a guy tac'd out is less likely to be thought of as a common criminal than a guy wearing a baggy T-shirt and low-rider baggy jeans running down the street with a gun in hand. I'd rather the LEOs stop and wonder if I'm a friendly and try to contact/ID me than make assumptions that I'm an armed looter and start shooting.
Exactly, i dont want to end up as an "accident" or a "statistic". Being shot for the wrong reason by a inexperienced cop with high blood pressure would suck.

Old 05-27-2009, 7:21 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchang0 View Post

Depending on the degree of S hitting the fan, you would be better off flying under the radar.

That means civilian attire and concealed carry. Now if its a whole fan fulla S, then in the hills all tactacooled out would be the way to go.

You are not gonna catch me all BDU'd out with my M4gery and 300 rounds in my chest rig walking down the street to get some micky D's.
Old 05-27-2009, 7:31 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmace22 View Post
Depending on the degree of S hitting the fan, you would be better off flying under the radar.

That means civilian attire and concealed carry. Now if its a whole fan fulla S, then in the hills all tactacooled out would be the way to go.

You are not gonna catch me all BDU'd out with my M4gery and 300 rounds in my chest rig walking down the street to get some micky D's.

LOL--yeah, I agree. Dress like a 'fugee and carry concealed for the "regular" SHTF like Hurricane Katrina, and tac all out for the Apocalypse.
Old 05-27-2009, 7:49 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
If I saw someone pounding energy drinks and running in place, I might consider shooting another day
Good to know training makes you nervous
Quote:
Old 05-27-2009, 7:52 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Good to know training makes you nervous

I wont lie.... That would freak me out!
Old 05-27-2009, 7:56 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
I wont lie.... That would freak me out!
Why? Specifically?
Quote:
Old 05-27-2009, 7:57 PM

To some people that were asking about my definition of combat attire;
Carbon fiber knuckled gloves, tac vest/rig, goggles etc

But the baggy ACU wearing t-shirt guy who approaches the bench during ceasefire numerous times is a little bit more of a concern to me.

This has turned into a great thread btw good contributions by all.
Old 05-27-2009, 8:08 PM

I care less about what people wear to the range and more about which direction their rounds are traveling.
Old 05-27-2009, 8:37 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Why? Specifically?

Just the idea of someone operating a deadly weapon while pounding stimulants on top of physical exertion on an empty stomach isnt the most settling image.

I understand the point of it, but someone not knowing exactly why you are doing it may freak them out alittle.
Old 05-27-2009, 8:40 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1859sharps View Post
I care less about what people wear to the range and more about which direction their rounds are traveling.

True, but who are you going to be paying more attention too?

The guy wearing blue jeans and a tee shirt

or

The guy in cammie's doing pushups and wind sprints between shotgunning 40oz speed stacks

Just having some fun with ya soldier415
Old 05-27-2009, 8:51 PM

I dont care what folks where out to the range just remain safe while doing it..