Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Ladies Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ladies Forum A place for our female Calgunners to discuss, share and interact without the 'excess attention' sometimes found in online forums.

Old 03-06-2009, 10:32 PM

I did not bring my lady to the range for our first date, but I wish I had.
Old 03-12-2009, 4:15 PM

My (Now) wife went with me to the range for a first date. Great excuse to make physical contact. "Put your hands here, like so..."

Oddly enough, I met my previous GF at a range as well.

A hell of a lot more interesting than a movie. You're forced to actually talk. If you just aren't clicking, then great, you get to blow something up anyway.

NTM
Old 03-12-2009, 4:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic Moran View Post
My (Now) wife went with me to the range for a first date. Great excuse to make physical contact. "Put your hands here, like so..."

Oddly enough, I met my previous GF at a range as well.

A hell of a lot more interesting than a movie. You're forced to actually talk. If you just aren't clicking, then great, you get to blow something up anyway.

NTM
YAY!
Old 03-12-2009, 4:23 PM

I don't think there is much talking on the range but alot of yelling over the ear plugs and muzzleblasts lol
Old 03-12-2009, 8:53 PM
Banned

I have a number of lady clients I take to the range for training on a regular basis, as part of a monthly retainer. Yes, I get paid to take ladies shooting. Part of that is because I'm a trained and educated professional, and part of that is because I'm a nice guy.

To get back to the OP, just be nice, and if the lady has an interest in learning to shoot, you will know. Go take her, be nice, and things will work out
Old 03-13-2009, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueSniper View Post
2 hours in the dark and not talk?

That can turn out really good depends on how you played your cards j/k
Old 03-13-2009, 12:05 PM

Ah that's awesome. I'd marry her on the spot

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
I am getting old and my bull***** tolerance is rapidly diminishing.
Old 03-13-2009, 12:40 PM

An unsuccessful first date involving a gun...
Old 03-13-2009, 12:47 PM

Maybe not the first, but definitely the second or third. I did and I've been with her for 26 years.

And she still thinks the smell of Hoppes No.9 is a cologne for men....
Old 03-16-2009, 2:00 PM

I've gone to the shooting range plenty of times with the boyfriend and his friends. I dont always shoot but I still enjoy it. If she seems interested in firearms I dont see why it would be a bad idea.. ask her! plus, you've already gone on a couple of casual dates.. just take the risk she might just be better than you (;
Old 03-16-2009, 3:51 PM
C3 Leader
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Absolutely. My first date was to a bass tournament many moons ago in January on Berryessa. It was about 35 degrees all day, but I won Big Fish. My BF (now husband) decided it was alright for me to stick around with him at that point.

To be fair, on the second date, I took him to the range to show him that I wasn't kidding when I said I can shoot. (I could feel him rolling his eyes at me when he was standing in back, watching.) We had a great time; the guys running the range had a good laugh watching us trying to outshoot each other.

I have since added all of my guy's 1911s to my own collection. I just make sure I keep him in tackle, so that's a fair swap!
Old 04-18-2009, 5:20 PM

I've had a few shooting dates as first, second, third and so on...and I've seen women on dates at the range. Make sure she is interested in shooting and by the fact that she did take a Hunter Safety course that is a good sign. I would suggest to have a nice dinner somewhere afterwards. At least in my case, shooting is relaxing so the conversation should flow easily....
Oh, when I say nice I'm talking about a casual dinning place - Applebee's, Outback, etc....

Yes, I married the guy I met at the range when he worked there....So dates at the range can work....
Thanx, Stormy, growl away!
Grrrrrrrrrr!
Old 04-19-2009, 4:08 AM
Veteran Member

Whatever venue allows for you to get to know the other person, every time you see them, is the best venue.

"America is not at war. The Marine Corps is at war; America is at the mall."
Quote:
Originally Posted by berto View Post
You're right. There's no possible way that CGN members marching alongside the Pink Pistols in the SF Pride Parade can do anything to dispel the stereotype that gun owners are conservative bigots clinging to their guns and bibles. Not a single person in the crowd is rational or reachable because the parade's for gay folks and it's in SF.
Old 04-19-2009, 11:47 AM

I haven't taken first dates to the shooting range, but I have taken dates and they've always enjoyed it. Good times indeed

The girl I'm seeing now has been asking me to go back, but I'm afraid to shoot my ammo right now because I don't know when I'll be able to replace it!!!

"Don't steal, the Government hates competition."
Old 04-19-2009, 9:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steyrlp10 View Post
Absolutely. My first date was to a bass tournament many moons ago in January on Berryessa. It was about 35 degrees all day, but I won Big Fish. My BF (now husband) decided it was alright for me to stick around with him at that point.

To be fair, on the second date, I took him to the range to show him that I wasn't kidding when I said I can shoot. (I could feel him rolling his eyes at me when he was standing in back, watching.) We had a great time; the guys running the range had a good laugh watching us trying to outshoot each other.

I have since added all of my guy's 1911s to my own collection. I just make sure I keep him in tackle, so that's a fair swap!

Ok you just made me homesick. I miss berryessa badly sometimes. But I so do NOT miss the Vacaville summers LOL
Old 04-19-2009, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movie zombie View Post
i think its ok. she's got an interest. you've already been casually out to lunch....why not casually out to the range? with dinner or coffe after?

movie zombie
My sentiments exactly!

Old 05-09-2009, 11:46 PM

I wouldn't - but not so much for the redneck factor.

This is just me - but I have a policy of not taking someone to the range unless I have a pretty firm grasp of what their experience level is before hand. That's not to say I wouldn't take someone of any experience level - I just need to know what it is beforehand. If I'm taking an absolute beginner, i'm going to treat them a little differently there then someone who I know is experienced.
If you take an unknown to the range, you run the risk of doing one of two things. A) talking/acting in a way which can come off as arrogant to someone who is experienced, or B) turning an absolute beginner loose with guns - after assuming they're more knowledgeable then they really are.
The consequences can run the range of mildly embarrassing- something you might laugh about over a beer after words, to downright fatal.

My advice - not on a "first date". Get a better grasp of where she's at knowledge/experience wise first.
Old 05-09-2009, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tillers_Rule View Post
I haven't taken first dates to the shooting range, but I have taken dates and they've always enjoyed it. Good times indeed

The girl I'm seeing now has been asking me to go back, but I'm afraid to shoot my ammo right now because I don't know when I'll be able to replace it!!!

Tell her if she can find the ammo - you'll take her, even pay her back for the cost. Let someone else run around town on your behalf for a little while - lol.
Old 05-10-2009, 12:53 AM

Crap - another old thread.

I didn't even see the dates on these. Sorry for the resurrection.
Old 05-10-2009, 1:48 AM
Veteran Member

Sinixtar, you're not bringing up really old thread, just a bit dusty.

Actually, I decided to not make it a first date, but more of a fun outing for both of us and to figure out her thoughts on shooting. We'll go out for some more shooting if she wants to, but I think I'll make it a group thing. She's not a new shooter, not really. She's not terribly experienced with a firearm, but had some harsh tries with a shotgun and clays. We'll start off easy with .22's and move on to bigger calibers, at her pace. We'll do what she likes in order to focus on the fun factor. And as someone mentioned, yelling at each other with ear protection can be annoying!

"You know the real difference between you and me?"
"Yeah. Denial."

Toys I'm looking for (PPT/used): Thompson Contender receiver and barrels
Cashback sites:
Huntin Obessesion / Active Junky / Dvor / Ebates
Stuff for sale:
WTS Magpul X-22 Stock Formica Sample Case
Old 05-10-2009, 2:12 AM

I wish I could get my wife to shoot.
She's only done it for her compulsory service in China. I think it's important for potential spouses to know what you're into and accept it.
Old 05-10-2009, 2:27 AM

deleted

Last edited by proudamerican831; 05-19-2009 at 12:10 AM..
Old 05-25-2009, 6:19 PM

I dunno, one of my fave dates went from the range to drinks and dinner.
Old 05-25-2009, 9:02 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax View Post
If she sticks with you after a gaff like that it's true love!
To keep it you must give it

"I will talk with you no more.
I will go now, and fight you."
(Red Cloud)
Old 05-25-2009, 9:10 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shantel View Post
I've gone to the shooting range plenty of times with the boyfriend and his friends. I dont always shoot but I still enjoy it. If she seems interested in firearms I dont see why it would be a bad idea.. ask her! plus, you've already gone on a couple of casual dates.. just take the risk she might just be better than you (;
The experience of coaching Jr. High and High School shooting teams has taught me that young women are often better shots than young men. So be prepared to have your socks shot off. It seems to be a mental thing. 90% of shooting is between the ears. Girls do it for fun and listen to their coach. Boys have their manhood all wrapped up in it and think if they are not natural John Wayns they are inadequate.

(Red Cloud)
Old 05-25-2009, 9:16 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tillers_Rule View Post

If you do not have enough ammo or at least components socked away, she should reject you as an unreliable provider.

(Red Cloud)
Old 05-25-2009, 9:19 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinixstar View Post
Tell her if she can find the ammo - you'll take her, even pay her back for the cost. Let someone else run around town on your behalf for a little while - lol.
Good idea, women love to shop!

(Red Cloud)
Old 05-26-2009, 8:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by savs2k View Post
ok since no one said it i'll do it. I don't think it's a good idea for a FIRST date. A second is a good idea though. I only say this because on a first date you wanna make a good impression and have some nice convo. It's pretty hard to talk with earplugs and gunshots.
Good impression YES. But maybe Breakfast / Lunch first to talk about range safety and what to expect i.e. go over the basic safety rules, eyes, ears, range officer. Remember most women like the protector roll of men and by doing this she will see how you two can have fun and respect you, teach her something, this will show her your true personality) then on to the range , . Or range then Lunch then you will have something to 'talk' about. But don't only talk about guns remember ask about some of her activities IMO