Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > How CA Laws Apply to/Affect Me
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2019, 11:14 AM

Yep, my wife and I are still here too.
Old 03-13-2019, 11:54 AM

Yep, my wife and I are still here too.
Old 03-13-2019, 5:31 PM

So two of mine finally submitted, but i am thoroughly confused about WTF these *******s are doing with two of my appplications.

Both got kicked back for not marking forward pistol grip, then i click the box and then they are kicked back for saying i dont have pistol grip.

I also see the new box for "pistol grip conspicously underneath action"

WTF IS THAT??

here is what they wrote me.....god i hate these ****ing commies

On 03/06/2019 0849, Admin wrote: Based on the photos you provided, a characteristic you marked does not reflect what is displayed in the photos. Additionally, there is a characteristic shown in your photos that was not marked on the application. Please refer to California Code of Regulations, title 11, section 5471(t) and (z), regarding forward pistol grip and pistol grip, for more information: https://oag.ca.gov/sites/all/files/a...let-button.pdf
On 11/08/2018 1525, Admin wrote: Based on the photos you provided, there is an additional characteristic shown on your firearm that was not marked on the application. Please refer to California Code of Regulations, title 11, section 5471(z), regarding pistol grip, for more information:
Old 03-13-2019, 5:37 PM

So two of mine finally submitted, but i am thoroughly confused about WTF these *******s are doing with two of my appplications.

Both got kicked back for not marking forward pistol grip, then i click the box and then they are kicked back for saying i dont have pistol grip.

I also see the new box for "pistol grip conspicously underneath action"

WTF IS THAT??

here is what they wrote me.....god i hate these ****ing commies

On 03/06/2019 0849, Admin wrote: Based on the photos you provided, a characteristic you marked does not reflect what is displayed in the photos. Additionally, there is a characteristic shown in your photos that was not marked on the application. Please refer to California Code of Regulations, title 11, section 5471(t) and (z), regarding forward pistol grip and pistol grip, for more information: https://oag.ca.gov/sites/all/files/a...let-button.pdf
On 11/08/2018 1525, Admin wrote: Based on the photos you provided, there is an additional characteristic shown on your firearm that was not marked on the application. Please refer to California Code of Regulations, title 11, section 5471(z), regarding pistol grip, for more information:
Old 03-13-2019, 5:49 PM

its pretty digusting that the DOJ is now giving registrants only 30 days to fix their applications or they are automatically DQ'd.

PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR EMAILS! If you get a kickback now, you only have 30 days to resubmit the changes.

Also, i see a new category as been added "Pistol grip below action" WTF is this???
Old 03-13-2019, 9:38 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlasPRK View Post
Yes.

06/2018 - Submitted
02/2019 - 8 of 9 rec'd confirmation email. 1 of 9 request for additional pic.
03/2019 - All still "in progress" - no letter for the 8 of 9 without errors, no further communication on the 1 of 9 that I updated/corrected.
Is 7 of 9 your sexiest rifle?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffmang View Post
12050[CCW] licenses will be shall issue soon.

-Gene
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meplat View Post
Ignorance of the law is no excuse……..except for police.
Old 03-14-2019, 6:27 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendo223 View Post
its pretty digusting that the DOJ is now giving registrants only 30 days to fix their applications or they are automatically DQ'd.

PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR EMAILS! If you get a kickback now, you only have 30 days to resubmit the changes.

Also, i see a new category as been added "Pistol grip below action" WTF is this???
pistol grip has always been an evil feature

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSACANNONEER View Post
A real live woman is more expensive than a fleshlight. Which would you rather have?
Old 03-14-2019, 5:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
pistol grip has always been an evil feature
I thought forward pistol grips were legal in CA, either way the pictures i sent in all showed NO forward pistol grip.

SO im assuming they want me to check the "pistol grip conspicously below action" box now??

Can anyone help, i simply sent the app back with the both boxes marked empty and we will see what happens.

oddly enough both of my AR pistol applications were cleared of errors and officially submitted now i await...
Old 03-14-2019, 7:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E Pluribus Unum View Post
Is 7 of 9 your sexiest rifle?
Depends on which upper she is wearing that day.
Old 03-15-2019, 8:44 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
I thought forward pistol grips were legal in CA, either way the pictures i sent in all showed NO forward pistol grip.

SO im assuming they want me to check the "pistol grip conspicously below action" box now??

Can anyone help, i simply sent the app back with the both boxes marked empty and we will see what happens.

oddly enough both of my AR pistol applications were cleared of errors and officially submitted now i await...
pistol grips and forward pistol grips have always been evil features

Quote:
A real live woman is more expensive than a fleshlight. Which would you rather have?
Old 03-15-2019, 7:16 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Default DOJ Idiocy

Ok what a day. Finally get a letter after a year and it says "you were sent a notification on your account and will need to reply by 4-7-19 or your registration will be cancelled.

So I try to log back into the reg site and it says "your password has expired" please select "forgot password" to create a new one. Asks two questions what was the color of your first car and what street did you live on in the 3rd grade, both I know and it tells me I'm wrong and locks out the account. So now I need to call and speak to a customer service rep.

Ok, on hold for 20 minutes now the she says oh yes we've been getting a lot of calls because of this. Gives me a temp password at least makes sure I can login then search through the supposed message left which was not even obvious to find and it says "one or more pictures were not acceptable" but does tell you which ones and only "please review the following pdf for directions.

So retook all the pictures resent them and said more then a few adult words to the process that the DOJ followed. B.S. in the extreme any earlier pictures were just the same as the pdf they requested to preview but they now had specific menu categories that you select when uploading the new ones. I'm done, never should have started the whole thing like many others did.

NRA Life Member

Vet since 1978

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn
Old 03-16-2019, 9:01 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveinwoodland View Post
Ok what a day. Finally get a letter after a year and it says "you were sent a notification on your account and will need to reply by 4-7-19 or your registration will be cancelled.
What a mess.....sorry for your troubles. Makes me feel lucky my two went through ok. Good luck and stick with it..
Old 03-16-2019, 9:13 PM

yea DOJ is dropping the balll major on this and now giving us this BS 30 day deadline

I got another application kicked back again for the same ****! Tells me to mark something for pistol grip, so i mark the box for forward pistol grip and then tells me that wrong.

The only other box to check is (z) “Pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon” means a grip that allows for a pistol style grasp in which the web of the trigger hand (between the thumb and index finger) can be placed beneath or below the top of the exposed portion of the trigger while firing. This definition includes pistol grips on bullpup firearm designs.

DO I CHECK THIS BOX????
Old 03-17-2019, 7:02 AM
NRA Member, CRPA Member,
CGN Contributor

Quote:
yea DOJ is dropping the balll major on this and now giving us this BS 30 day deadline

I got another application kicked back again for the same ****! Tells me to mark something for pistol grip, so i mark the box for forward pistol grip and then tells me that wrong.

The only other box to check is (z) “Pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon” means a grip that allows for a pistol style grasp in which the web of the trigger hand (between the thumb and index finger) can be placed beneath or below the top of the exposed portion of the trigger while firing. This definition includes pistol grips on bullpup firearm designs.

DO I CHECK THIS BOX????
That’s what they’re asking for...

[ ] (t) forward pistol grip
[X] (z) pistol grip

Quote:
Old 03-17-2019, 10:23 PM
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

There has always been a 30 day deadline for making corrections, it isn't new
Old 03-17-2019, 10:24 PM
Vendor/Retailer

There has always been a 30 day deadline for making corrections, it isn't new
Old 03-18-2019, 5:47 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:

DO I CHECK THIS BOX????
I don't know, does your gun have a pistol grip? If so, you check that box.

Regarding the 30 days, I thought there was something about that in the law but could be remembering wrong.

Quote:
Old 03-18-2019, 5:29 PM

Got my letter. Waiting for one for my wife (her's all say In Progress). I'm assuming we'll both get one?
Old 03-18-2019, 6:47 PM

Default Got Registration Receipt but No Pending, No Records

I registered one AR and got an electronic receipt in June, 2018.
After six months of not hearing from DOJ, I logged in and found no records of transactions, zero Pending items.
I filed an issue with DOJ and supplied my receipt.
After a month, in February, DOJ said that in August, 2018 my application was marked as incomplete. No reason was given. I thought it was likely an error on DOJ's part.

They say "when the required updates are made to your application and your application is marked as complete you will receive a confirmation letter confirming the firearm has been successfully registered in our system." I thanked them and said I looked forward to receiving my letter when the application was updated. (I assumed it was DOC who would be updating the application as nothing was asked of me.)

Time passes...to today.
DOJ responds and says to review my emails then log in to "My CRIS Transaction History" link and _for me_ to update the application.

Today, I go to "My CRIS Transaction History" and find the message "You do not have any transaction history."

Obviously I cannot proceed to update any information. There's nothing to update or correct.
They are doing their best to avoid issuing RAW approval letters.
Has anyone hired a lawyer to help with this process?
Old 03-18-2019, 8:20 PM

So weird thing happened to my brother.. turns out the DOJ sent his 3 Vol Reg letters to someone else.

The other person must have had their own letters because the envelope says “mistakingly enclosed with mine” and the other person mailed them to my brother.

Thank you mystery gun owner but WTF DOJ!?
Old 03-20-2019, 8:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highspeednodrag View Post
After six months of not hearing from DOJ, I logged in and found no records of transactions, zero Pending items.
After a month, in February, DOJ said that in August, 2018 my application was marked as incomplete. No reason was given. I thought it was likely an error on DOJ's part.

They say "when the required updates are made to your application and your application is marked as complete you will receive a confirmation letter confirming the firearm has been successfully registered in our system." I thanked them and said I looked forward to receiving my letter when the application was updated. (I assumed it was DOC who would be updating the application as nothing was asked of me.)

Time passes...to today.
DOJ responds and says to review my emails then log in to "My CRIS Transaction History" link and _for me_ to update the application.

Today, I go to "My CRIS Transaction History" and find the message "You do not have any transaction history."

Obviously I cannot proceed to update any information. There's nothing to update or correct.
They are doing their best to avoid issuing RAW approval letters.
Has anyone hired a lawyer to help with this process?
Were you checking CFARS every 2 weeks to see if any of you applicatons were set to incomplete.

Technically they have their rule of 30 days to respond then your application expires.

All but my last CFARS email went to my normal email while my last CFARS email went to spam. Could be they sent info to your SPAM or an older email address so you did not see it. That's why this big ol' thread said to check every two weeks to see your application status so that 30 days does not pass without your updating.

When did you call for them to help? Has it been another 30 days since? The updates they are talking about are updates that you make within 30 days-not that you wait around for them to update because they do not do updates. They are talking about you fixing your application as spelled out in the email and by a communication box that has the same message on your application.

There is one instance in this big ol' long thread of someone calling after they had a similar situation and of then being able to log on and fix. That was long ago. Having TWO 30 day periods expire I have not heard of anyone jumping that hurdle.

Try calling them again and ask what gives. Lawyers are expensive. Be polite and act stupid-like you are a bird with a bad wing in need of help to fly and soar once again. Folks do generally like to help others as opposed to being told argumentavely what to do.

GOOD LUCK!
Old 03-20-2019, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highspeednodrag View Post
"Incomplete" means they want you to fix/clarify something on your registration, which starts a 30 day countdown window. Once 30 days pass without you submitting your fixes, your registration is canceled. I recommend separating your uppers from your lowers until (if) DOJ allows you to re-open your registration. I wouldn't hold my breath.

Unfortunately, whether this was your fault or their fault doesn't matter - their mistakes can screw you over just as thoroughly as your own. Good luck.
Old 03-23-2019, 8:23 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

After 5 months of silence I got some movement finally.
Old 03-23-2019, 12:14 PM

I got a notice to mark pistol grip on my wife’s joint registration. I set hers up exactly like mine and while mine was approved already, hers needed a correction. Weird. Fixed it and got the follow up email saying they’re working in it.
Old 03-25-2019, 6:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabinetguy View Post
After 5 months of silence I got some movement finally.
Ya might need some fiber supplement....

Just sayin....
Old 03-25-2019, 8:29 AM
Entry Level Thread Killer
CGN Contributor

I'm worried about my ar pistol purchased SSE...
They sent me corrections on everything but that one.
Not a peep.

Anybody register an SSE?

Thank you

"Paranoia is only good thinking when everyone is out to get you"

Who is John Galt?
Old 03-25-2019, 10:44 AM

Has anyone successfully reg’d an SSE1 ar pistol?
I gotta feeling mine needs to stay in NV. I dont think there gonna approve it.
When they come to get it, and I dont have it anymore, what will they do?

Last edited by Falstaff; 03-25-2019 at 11:29 AM.. Reason: typo
Old 03-25-2019, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falstaff View Post
Yes, I got my letter. I purchased under SSE1 as well
Old 03-25-2019, 1:04 PM

Quote:
Yes. I got my letter for 2 that I made from 80% receivers during SSE1. One was already vol reg'd as single shot, but both were AW reg'd as semi-auto with note that it was converted prior to law changes.
Old 03-25-2019, 1:22 PM

Any idea on why these folks at DOJ can't communicate through registered mail? I registered and thought that would be the end of it. Clearly I'm an ignorant rookie with no clue about how bad this could be. Found some emails from DOJ marked spam by gmail back in January. Looks like they claim my rifle looks too long and they didn't like my claim of caliber being multi. Hope they still let me submit the edits otherwise this thing is going featureless or off to TN.
Old 03-25-2019, 5:02 PM

They are still processing. Got my letter finally.
filed: 4-12-18
corrections to be made (manufacturer was created by them after submission) 11-05-18
Letter approval 2-14-19
Old 03-25-2019, 5:41 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by five.ten View Post
Any idea on why these folks at DOJ can't communicate through registered mail? I registered and thought that would be the end of it. Clearly I'm an ignorant rookie with no clue about how bad this could be. Found some emails from DOJ marked spam by gmail back in January. Looks like they claim my rifle looks too long and they didn't like my claim of caliber being multi. Hope they still let me submit the edits otherwise this thing is going featureless or off to TN.
You are probably SOL if it is from January. I think you have 30 days to jump through any hoops before your app expires.
Old 03-26-2019, 6:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbully View Post
Yes. I got my letter for 2 that I made from 80% receivers during SSE1. One was already vol reg'd as single shot, but both were AW reg'd as semi-auto with note that it was converted prior to law changes.
Well, thats good news, question for you if you dont mind. At what point would one have to notfy that the conversion to semi auto was made? and when did the law prihibiting such convrsions go into effect?
Old 03-26-2019, 8:22 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Well, thats good news, question for you if you dont mind. At what point would one have to notfy that the conversion to semi auto was made? and when did the law prihibiting such convrsions go into effect?
I am not 100% sure on this answer, but I believe 1/1/2015 was when the original Single Shot Exemption that allowed us to do that was closed.
Old 03-26-2019, 8:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockBros View Post
I'm worried about my ar pistol purchased SSE...
They sent me corrections on everything but that one.
Not a peep.

Anybody register an SSE?

Thank you
Yes, registered 80% pistol in early June 2018, "Corrections" made end of August. E-mail received March 1st '19, letter received March 25th.

Just in time for my move to Texas this weekend, where this gun just becomes a "pistol".

Note: I mfr'd the 80%, not a SSE purchase, but should be pretty much the same deal.
Old 03-26-2019, 9:02 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Pistols bought or built under SSE 1.0 (pre-2015) should have no problem. Lots of people have had successful registrations of those.

The only problems we've seen involved pistols bought/built in or after 2015.
Old 03-26-2019, 9:41 AM

9 Months from submission to rec't of papers. Submit a couple weeks before deadline, correction because receiver said cal multi and I put the caliber of the uppers, had to change to "Firearm with interchangable barrels" on 10/1. Another correction for driver license on 2/15, reg complete 3/19, received paper 3/25.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7x57 View Post
Sacramento would declare martial law sooner than they'd meet with Gandhi, Gautama Budda, and Jesus Christ if the three were packing heat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiese View Post
Even people not from San Francisco can appreciate a good public spanking like this.
WANTED: G19. New or near new condition in Sacramento area.
Old 03-29-2019, 9:02 AM

I submitted 6/19, received letter dated 2/28 about a week ago. They made me correct a model number for my Saiga rifle from the action model number to say Saiga. Funny enough, I just recently got the notice on 2/25 that they just started looking at my Saiga. 8 months.

That being said, this guide was a god-send. Thank you for putting it together, if only they hired you to test their completely broken registration system.
Old 03-29-2019, 9:06 AM

I submitted 6/19, received letter dated 2/28 about a week ago. They made me correct a model number for my Saiga rifle from the actual model number to say Saiga. Funny enough, I just recently got the notice on 2/25 that they just started looking at my Saiga. 8 months.

That being said, this guide was a god-send. Thank you for putting it together, if only they hired you to test their completely broken registration system.

Last edited by bobnfloyd; 03-29-2019 at 9:16 AM..
Old 03-30-2019, 1:09 PM

Has anybody went to court over a bullet button assault rifle yet? PC30605(a)