Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Deals, Sales and Coupons
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Deals, Sales and Coupons Found a good deal or sale? Got a coupon or code? Share them here!

Old 06-15-2018, 11:21 AM

Did the San Diego list get combined with the the Inland Empire one?
Old 06-15-2018, 4:47 PM
Veteran Member

I still havent heard of anyone in North SD County willing to host a JIG yet.
Mines already built but will be building more so I am offering it up to others local.

Never make yourself too available or useful...... Semper Fidelis

John Dickerson: What keeps you awake at night?
James Mattis: Nothing, I keep other people awake at night.

Old 06-15-2018, 4:52 PM

i keep getting PM's about hosting a get together for the bay area folks, but my place will NOT be available. last weekend was the only time i was available to host, and if are you up to date on the thread, you'll know why we had to cancel.

i do not have the jig or the replacement inserts, so a get together this weekend could not happen, and later this week i will be leaving country and will not be back until after the deadline.

if anyone else has the space to host but not the tools, you can borrow my drill press, vice, and dremel. there is no rush to pick them up, as my housemates will be here while i am gone.
Old 06-16-2018, 3:40 PM
Vendor/Retailer

good times in the IE today! time to deburr and fit

Last edited by munkeeboi; 06-16-2018 at 4:13 PM..
Old 06-16-2018, 5:37 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by munkeeboi View Post
good times in the IE today! time to deburr and fit

Yes it was, I think the final count was like 25 completed yesterday and today...
Old 06-16-2018, 5:59 PM
Veteran Member

awesome, clean up the burrs / polish and enjoy.

Never make yourself too available or useful...... Semper Fidelis

John Dickerson: What keeps you awake at night?
James Mattis: Nothing, I keep other people awake at night.

Old 06-16-2018, 6:12 PM

Nubrun is the man!

He went out of his way and made me stay till he sorted out the problem with my build on friday.

This guy is a legend. i want to thank you for hosting this gathering,helping us/guiding how to properly do each step of the build, the drinks you were providing us.

Whats not to love this man? Calgunner of the year in my book. *thumbs up*

I also want to thank the calgunner that was helping me. Never got your name but you were awesome as well and nice.

Thanks again for everything!
Old 06-16-2018, 6:35 PM

Yes. A great big thanks to nubrun for hosting this build and sharing his tools and home with us.

Incredibly patient and really cared that we had our frames made the right way. Great amount of knowledge too from developing the process with f&f.

A model of how to run a build party even if we, the builders, took way, way longer to do the bending and drilling than planned.

Again, a big thank you for taking half of your father's day weekend to make sure we had it all done prior to the deadline.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Old 06-16-2018, 8:19 PM

Glad things are working out! What's the schedule for the jig for the SF Bay area?
Old 06-16-2018, 8:55 PM

I second, third or fourth what everyone said about Nick hosting today. He really went out of his way to make sure everything went smoothly. Thanks again!
Old 06-16-2018, 9:11 PM

Anyone else's trigger feel kinda anemic? My striker doesn't seem to be releasing hard enough. Or is that just the way these strikers fall?
Old 06-16-2018, 11:17 PM

Huge thanks to Nick as well! Can't say enough about him. Truly an awesome dude willing to open up his home to strangers and even bring donuts and drinks for us
Old 06-17-2018, 6:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odegard View Post
Anyone else's trigger feel kinda anemic? My striker doesn't seem to be releasing hard enough. Or is that just the way these strikers fall?

Mine did at first. After some oil and working it a few times, it has gotten better. One issue we had to resolve was the slide safety mechanism. Mine wasnít resetting. It needs to be worked. I may pull everything out and polish the FCU in spots. There are a few spots where I think some more sanding and polishing will help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-17-2018, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocbc View Post
Mine did at first. After some oil and working it a few times, it has gotten better. One issue we had to resolve was the slide safety mechanism. Mine wasnít resetting. It needs to be worked. I may pull everything out and polish the FCU in spots. There are a few spots where I think some more sanding and polishing will help.

Yeah my reset was working just fine everything seems to be in working order and even the trigger pull is fine except the striker fall just feels weak. I'll know more when I finally take it to the range to see if it malfunctions or not. If everything pews I'm calling it good !
Old 06-17-2018, 2:35 PM

Thanks again to nick for putting all this together. I wish I had more time to stick around but had some things to do yesterday. I wanted to be able to ifjish everything on the spot just in case I run into any problems. Again many thanks to nick for organizing this and providing his knowledge and everything else to our community.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 06-17-2018, 5:37 PM

Huge Thanks to Nick for arranging everything! He was only half an hr away from me.

I spent my saturday with Alma Coles youtube channel putting together the FCU my fingers hurt now lol. I installed the factory trigger first the trigger pull is not bad at all i would say about 5-6 lbs and then i took it off and installed my Gray guns trigger kit.

https://youtu.be/PuzUQcmH3Z0

I had an issue with the takedown safety notch not catching the hole resulting the trigger not producing an audible click when dry fired. Also the magazine will not go all the way in. I simply bend the slide release metal where it holds the spring to give it more clearance and that fixed the issue.

However i have another issue when im doing a field strip my slide wont come off completely freely, something is catching and stopping the slide! I have to yank the slide from the grip in order to remove it. I make sure i have the lever is in the 7oclock position. My slide rails are filed with no sharp edges. Grease didnt help either.

Anybody else having the same issue?

Pics below.

Takedown safety Notch inside the hole

How i fixed it.
Edit: bent the slide release metal thats holding the spring from 90deg to 85deg

Stuck in this position, not completely sliding off freely
Edit: it comes off just needs to yank it. Will try the sharpie method to see whats catching.

Last edited by Jcarp03; 06-17-2018 at 6:30 PM..
Old 06-17-2018, 5:46 PM

I hate to sound like a broken record but any word if JSD will be shipping the jigs any time soon? If not if like to add my name to the Los Angeles roaming jig
Old 06-17-2018, 6:00 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcarp03 View Post
Huge Thanks to Nick for arranging everything! He was only half an hr away from me.
No problem, I'm glad it all went smooth for the most part.

Quote:
I had an issue with the takedown safety notch not catching the hole resulting the trigger not producing an audible click when dry fired. Also the magazine will not go all the way in. I simply bend the slide release metal where it holds the spring to give it more clearance and that fixed the issue.
To be clear, after installing the slide, the trigger was dead? Or after you installed and tried to reset the takedown safety (you need to lock the slide back after installing the slide to reset the takedown safety mechanism) the trigger was still dead? Did you have to manually reset it by pressing it down?

Quote:
However i have another issue when im doing a field strip my slide wont come off completely freely, something is catching and stopping the slide! I have to yank the slide from the grip in order to remove it. I make sure i have the lever is in the 7oclock position. My slide rails are filed with no sharp edges. Grease didnt help either.
So it comes off, but it just takes some work? One thing you can do is take a black sharpie and mark the top of the insert and see if it is rubbing. Mine is sort of like that though, it does loosen up a bit after some firing.
Old 06-17-2018, 6:18 PM

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubrun View Post
No problem, I'm glad it all went smooth for the most part.

To be clear, after installing the slide, the trigger was dead? Or after you installed and tried to reset the takedown safety (you need to lock the slide back after installing the slide to reset the takedown safety mechanism) the trigger was still dead? Did you have to manually reset it by pressing it down?

So it comes off, but it just takes some work? One thing you can do is take a black sharpie and mark the top of the insert and see if it is rubbing. Mine is sort of like that though, it does loosen up a bit after some firing.

Yes, i did the reassembly of the slide to the frame by the book, locking the slide and turning the lever in the normal position. pulling the slide release lever upwards actually fixes it as it gives the notch room to go all the way inside the hole. That is how i come up with the solution of bening the material slightly.

Alma Cole talked about it in this video https://youtu.be/esXcrADPYy0 all is well now since i made the minor fix. I mentioned above

Brownells guy talked about it in this video as well
https://youtu.be/-wyxiD9O83o

Yes it comes off but takes a good force to completely release it. I will try the sharpie method.

I still have a lot of learning to do with this pistol and cant wait to go to Riverside Magnum to test fire

Last edited by Jcarp03; 06-17-2018 at 6:38 PM..
Old 06-17-2018, 6:36 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Big thanks to all of the IE folks from the weekend! Everyone was more than generous and prepared prior to arriving which was crucial for things to go smooth.

The jig is ready to ship to the next region. Can a date be coordinated for a get together this weekend for the bay area? I don't know that at this date its possible to ship the jig from person to person with only 13 days.

A couple of things learned from the weekend:
  • You will not find the drill bits required at the local hardware store, so be prepared to order them
  • Used properly, you should get at least 4 inserts completed per set of bits, if not more.
  • Be prepared for a lot of filing and finish work after using the jig. If you don't spend the time here be prepared to take the FCU apart multiple times to fix issues
  • Make sure when you cut the slot between the two #40 holes that its perfectly straight and smooth.
  • Calgunners are a great community

Old Business:
A couple of things, please, please, please, read through all of the instructions at the link below completely before attempting to complete you're insert. There are a couple of important notes in there that can save you significant headache or broken drill bits/jigs. You don't want to be that guy that ruins the jig for everyone!

Step-by-step Instruction with Pictures:
http://80percenter.com/jsd-supply-p3...ert-completion

I want to address a new issue that is coming up... Now that the jigs are moving around people are asking to be added to the list as the jigs get to that region. Here is how I am proposing this is handled to be fair to the guys that have been on the list forever...

People wanting to be added to the jig use list:
If someone in the region hosts (such as jig hosts) the jig at their location for a day (read between the lines), I don't have a problem with new requestor's using it that day. If they want to be added to the list where the jig is shipped to them, or transferred to them in person, I propose that these new requestor's wait until the jigs have shipped through all regions and everyone that has been on the list has completed theirs.

Inland Empire: June 14-15
Jig Host:nubrun
lambduh
obpwankel
Sitruc
Jcarp03
Deedzman
razmataz
abcdef760
rmnc3r
superjover
Ocbc
Odegard
Dkindrumr
Brian7581
Hamster07
Tribalpinoy
fahqtoo
munkeeboi

Bay Area:
Jig Host: TBD
get-a-gun
golfhack
Inplainsight
Jingerale
BayMaverick
CMC
Revognah
Brasscase
Marxman
willidru
1hotrod
GunnEnvy
westcoaster

SFV:
northridgegun
striker199

Los Angeles:
pensiveape
qvo
Old 06-17-2018, 6:54 PM

May i also suggest that you get 2 of those diamond dremel bits to use to connect the 2 #40 holes. I personally went thru 2, 1 1/2 to be precise.

Quote:
Big thanks to all of the IE folks from the weekend! Everyone was more than generous and prepared prior to arriving which was crucial for things to go smooth.

The jig is ready to ship to the next region. Can a date be coordinated for a get together this weekend for the bay area? I don't know that at this date its possible to ship the jig from person to person with only 13 days.

• You will not find the drill bits required at the local hardware store, so be prepared to order them
  • Used properly, you should get at least 4 inserts completed per set of bits, if not more.
  • Be prepared for a lot of filing and finish work after using the jig. If you don't spend the time here be prepared to take the FCU apart multiple times to fix issues
  • Make sure when you cut the slot between the two #40 holes that its perfectly straight and smooth.

Old Business:
A couple of things, please, please, please, read through all of the instructions at the link below completely before attempting to complete you're insert. There are a couple of important notes in there that can save you significant headache or broken drill bits/jigs. You don't want to be that guy that ruins the jig for everyone!

I want to address a new issue that is coming up... Now that the jigs are moving around people are asking to be added to the list as the jigs get to that region. Here is how I am proposing this is handled to be fair to the guys that have been on the list forever...

If someone in the region hosts (such as jig hosts) the jig at their location for a day (read between the lines), I don't have a problem with new requestor's using it that day. If they want to be added to the list where the jig is shipped to them, or transferred to them in person, I propose that these new requestor's wait until the jigs have shipped through all regions and everyone that has been on the list has completed theirs.

lambduh
obpwankel
Sitruc
Jcarp03
Deedzman
razmataz
abcdef760
rmnc3r
superjover
Ocbc
Odegard
Dkindrumr
Brian7581
Hamster07
Tribalpinoy
fahqtoo
munkeeboi

Bay Area:
get-a-gun
golfhack
Inplainsight
Jingerale
BayMaverick
CMC
Revognah
Brasscase
Marxman
willidru
1hotrod
GunnEnvy
westcoaster

SFV:
northridgegun
striker199

Los Angeles:
pensiveape
qvo
Old 06-17-2018, 8:54 PM

Also important is taking some steps to make the cheaper HSS drill bits last:

1) You MUST use cutting oil. It lubricates and cools the bit. Smoke should not be coming out of the hole you are drilling!
2) Peck drill the holes. This means drilling a short distance then backing the drill out part way to clear the chip from the hole. So drilling in and out until the hole is complete. Don't just try and drill the hole all in one motion.
3) Let the tool do the work. If you have to use a lot of pressure to drill the hole, something is wrong. The bit is binding somewhere or more likely is worn out and needs to be replaced.

Quote:

Old Business:

lambduh
obpwankel
Sitruc
Jcarp03
Deedzman
razmataz
abcdef760
rmnc3r
superjover
Ocbc
Odegard
Dkindrumr
Brian7581
Hamster07
Tribalpinoy
fahqtoo
munkeeboi

Bay Area:
get-a-gun
golfhack
Inplainsight
Jingerale
BayMaverick
CMC
Revognah
Brasscase
Marxman
willidru
1hotrod
GunnEnvy
westcoaster

SFV:
northridgegun
striker199

Los Angeles:
pensiveape
qvo
Old 06-17-2018, 9:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by docflash View Post
Also important is taking some steps to make the cheaper HSS drill bits last:

1) You MUST use cutting oil. It lubricates and cools the bit. Smoke should not be coming out of the hole you are drilling!
2) Peck drill the holes. This means drilling a short distance then backing the drill out part way to clear the chip from the hole. So drilling in and out until the hole is complete. Don't just try and drill the hole all in one motion.
3) Let the tool do the work. If you have to use a lot of pressure to drill the hole, something is wrong. The bit is binding somewhere or more likely is worn out and needs to be replaced.
Very correct. Use alot of cutting oil, compressors helps to clear out debris. If someone has a reamer tool or a debur yooo that would help instead of files to debur, works fine but just takes longer.

I got these ones

https://www.amazon.com/Rely2016-Prac...ref=mp_s_a_1_8

Simple cheap dont press and pull towards you to hard you can actually make the hole bigger if you pulls it past the rolled shaft of the tool and start removing material from the ID of the hole

Old 06-17-2018, 9:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
Anyone in the Bay Area capable or considering hosting a get together to discuss jig etiquette and proper usage of a drill press for educational purposes?
I'll be holding the Bay Area Jig Symposium at my office. I've PM'd those on the list above. Anyone not on list, PM me and we'll see where we can fit you in. Priority goes to those on list; then, those who RSVP'd late to the Etiquette Symposium. There's should be plenty of room.

Remember to bring a Dremel diamond taper bit (#7144).

Last edited by Flanders; 06-18-2018 at 7:08 PM..
Old 06-18-2018, 7:18 AM
Vendor/Retailer

any tips aside on a tough take down lever? Wiggled the recoil spring guide and it helps a little, but any tips on making the takedown more consistent and easier for my thumbs?
Old 06-18-2018, 7:42 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by munkeeboi View Post
any tips aside on a tough take down lever? Wiggled the recoil spring guide and it helps a little, but any tips on making the takedown more consistent and easier for my thumbs?

Make sure the channel you made between the two #40 is smooth and straight. If itís not it can bind up and not go back smoothly. Sometimes it helps to disassemble and just put the sear housing, takedown safety bar, trigger stop pin, and trigger in an make sure it slides smoothly. You should be able to work it by hand or with a punch. If it doesnít mark everything with a sharpie and see where itís rubbed off.
Old 06-18-2018, 11:58 AM

I've PM'd those who contacted me.
Old 06-18-2018, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuMasco View Post
I hate to sound like a broken record but any word if JSD will be shipping the jigs any time soon? If not if like to add my name to the Los Angeles roaming jig
I would also like to know if there have been any new developments
Old 06-18-2018, 1:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myv View Post

Purchase Date: 01-19 thru 2-16 Shipping Date: 6-4

Purchase Date: 2-16 thru 03-10 Shipping Date: 6-11

Purchase Date: 3-11 thru 4-30 Shipping Date: UPDATE TO COME

Old 06-18-2018, 3:51 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalNative View Post
Purchase Date: 01-19 thru 2-16 Shipping Date: 6-4

Purchase Date: 2-16 thru 03-10 Shipping Date: 6-11

Purchase Date: 3-11 thru 4-30 Shipping Date: UPDATE TO COME

I donít think that shipping schedule is accurate. I ordered on 2/6 and havenít received a shipping notice yet. I think heís tracking about two weeks behind, but it sounds like the second shop that came online is sending Jordan a big shipment that should take care of the rest of the pre-orders next week. I would think Chrisís orders would ship to him next week and then ship out to you late next week or the week after.

None of that is confirmed, just bits and pieces of what Iíve heard.
Old 06-18-2018, 3:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuMasco View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by myv View Post
i asked JSD about buying my own jig exactly one week ago, and have also contacted him about having my two damaged inserts replaced (which he has said he would do in post #969), but i have not heard back from him regarding either matter.

i can only assume he is still on vacation, which is fine with me, since i've already accepted the fact that i will not be able to complete this build by the deadline.
Old 06-18-2018, 4:08 PM

Default Jig

I recieved shipping confirmation on 6/9 which stayed in status of shipping label created until today. Now has a delivery date that usps has recieved item for shipping. So items sound like they are shipping now. my order was any early march order.
Old 06-18-2018, 4:26 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by motojager View Post
I recieved shipping confirmation on 6/9 which stayed in status of shipping label created until today. Now has a delivery date that usps has recieved item for shipping. So items sound like they are shipping now. my order was any early march order.

I take it back I got a shipping notice June 8th but it must have gone to my spam folder. Still doesnít show as received by usps yet though.
Old 06-18-2018, 9:01 PM

Soooooo I got mine fitted and assembled today but when I rack the slide and pull the trigger no click. Anybody have this problem ?

Old 06-19-2018, 4:25 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamduh View Post
Soooooo I got mine fitted and assembled today but when I rack the slide and pull the trigger no click. Anybody have this problem ?

Lock the slide back and make sure the takedown safety bar clicks forward under the slide lock.
Old 06-19-2018, 6:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribalpinoy View Post
May i also suggest that you get 2 of those diamond dremel bits to use to connect the 2 #40 holes. I personally went thru 2, 1 1/2 to be precise.
If you guys have a Harbor Freight nearby, these worked great to connect the two #40 holes, notching the rear for the safety lever and overall cleaning up rough spots. Plus you get a bunch of different shaped bits for the same price as one from HD.

https://www.harborfreight.com/diamon...-pc-69653.html

Old 06-19-2018, 8:29 AM

Quote:

watch these two videos:

https://youtu.be/-wyxiD9O83o
https://youtu.be/esXcrADPYy0
Old 06-19-2018, 9:00 AM

I saw those videos I just haven't had a chance to look at it again after I gave up last night. I was going to look at it today once I get home.
Quote:
Old 06-19-2018, 9:02 AM

Quote:
Lock the slide back and make sure the takedown safety bar clicks forward under the slide lock.
See the weird thing is that black safety bae moves freely once the insurer is not in the frame once I put it I. The frame it feels like something is rubbing on it or binding somewhere

And the whole insert either got wider or the frame shrunk. Its tuff trying to get the insert in and out of the frame even when the insert is disassembled.

Old 06-19-2018, 9:03 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
See the weird thing is that black safety bae moves freely once the insurer is not in the frame once I put it I. The frame it feels like something is rubbing on it or binding somewhere

Interesting. Are you sure it just isnít locked because you havenít released it with the slide lock? I have seen that get a lot of people.