Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > National 2nd Amend. Political & Legal Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

National 2nd Amend. Political & Legal Discussion Discuss national gun rights and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 03-07-2018, 9:43 PM

Default Trump's 2nd Amendment Stance in Text, on His Website

PHP Code:
https://assets.donaldjtrump.com/Second_Amendment_Rights.pdf 
This has been on his site and was actually an easy link to find before/during the election, along with his other policies. After he was elected, the links seemed to have disappeared and luckily, I had saved the PDF's. I found this link again by googling part of the text.

I wonder if he'll ever fulfill this. It would be nice if he stopped backtracking and agreeing with Dianne Feinstein . This bump-fire stock bill they are proposing is super sketchy, using the term "rate increasing devices" and never mentioning bump stocks.

Also, as a new 18 year old firearm owner, I would be furious if the national or state minimum age changed to 21.
Old 03-07-2018, 9:59 PM

Good job finding this. Trump's behavior related to 2A is unacceptable. This is the main reason I voted for him.
Old 03-07-2018, 10:18 PM

The only reason I voted for him was to fill SCOTUS seats as they come open.
But I would like to see some effort being put into protecting the 2A.
Old 03-07-2018, 10:53 PM
Veteran Member

Look we know the truth. "Take the guns first, go through due process second."

Some have mentioned it, but realistically, if Obama had said that, this board would have been non-stop with comments, threats from fake right posers about revolution brewing and a lot of impeachment talk. Unfortunately, the fact of the matter is we have a president, right now, that wants us as a base, but really doesn't give a crap about the 2A and obviously doesn't give a crap about the 4th either.

Whatever someone wrote for Trump in the past is clearly not aligned with his true feelings on the matter.
Old 03-08-2018, 5:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootuser View Post
Look we know the truth. "Take the guns first, go through due process second."

Some have mentioned it, but realistically, if Obama had said that, this board would have been non-stop with comments, threats from fake right posers about revolution brewing and a lot of impeachment talk. Unfortunately, the fact of the matter is we have a president, right now, that wants us as a base, but really doesn't give a crap about the 2A and obviously doesn't give a crap about the 4th either.

Whatever someone wrote for Trump in the past is clearly not aligned with his true feelings on the matter.
I agree
Old 03-08-2018, 6:41 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by all-cal View Post
Good job finding this. Trump's behavior related to 2A is unacceptable. This is the main reason I voted for him.
So what action has he actually taken against the 2nd A?

You can't buy happiness but you can buy guns and that's pretty much the same thing.

NRA Benefactor Member

Police brutality? Visit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRd5oucG114 to learn more about "isolated incidents"
Old 03-08-2018, 6:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRICKSTER View Post

A better question is what has he done to support it and follow through on his promises in the document above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-08-2018, 6:53 AM
Veteran Member

Time will tell. Trump seems to know what he is doing with deals.
John 3:16

United Air Epic Fail Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u99Q7pNAjvg
Old 03-08-2018, 7:05 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heygibson View Post
A better question is what has he done to support it and follow through on his promises in the document above.

You are aware that congress writes the laws, not the POTUS. Has he opposed National Right to Carry? Has he opposed fixing the mental health system? Has he opposed fixing the background check system?

And of course there is this...
Trump Pushes to Allow Troops to Carry Personal Weapons on Bases
https://www.military.com/daily-news/...ons-bases.html

Your lack of information and understanding does not equate to a lack of action on Trumps part.

You can't buy happiness but you can buy guns and that's pretty much the same thing.

NRA Benefactor Member

Police brutality? Visit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRd5oucG114 to learn more about "isolated incidents"
Old 03-08-2018, 7:35 AM

Quote:
You are aware that congress writes the laws, not the POTUS. Has he opposed National Right to Carry? Has he opposed fixing the mental health system? Has he opposed fixing the background check system?

Your lack of information and understanding does not equate to a lack of action on Trumps part.

Saying “Has he opposed this or that” doesn’t change the fact that he has done nothing. I’m not ignorant to our government’s structure. I also am not ignorant to the fact that presidents abuse their executive power and actually do have an influence on what bills congress will try to pass.

Rearming our troops is great though so I may be able to check off 1/6 of his promises on the 2A.

If he pushes this “rate increasing devices” ban, his third promise in the PDF will be broken.

Old 03-08-2018, 7:48 AM

Apart from not signing any crap put up by Dems, the most important thing TD (The Donald) can do is fill the federal courts with judges that respect the constitution.

I sure hope he was trolling the Dems in that "gun law round table" the other day
Old 03-08-2018, 9:19 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:

Well, he publicly promoted anti-2A initiatives from Dems, including the infamous AW ban from DF. At the same time, he opposed adding then National Carry bill in the package deal. These are the facts.
Old 03-08-2018, 3:09 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by riderr View Post
Well, he publicly promoted anti-2A initiatives from Dems, including the infamous AW ban from DF. At the same time, he opposed adding then National Carry bill in the package deal. These are the facts.
Did he? What exactly did he say and under what context was it said? Making an off the wall comment during a meeting where everyone is throwing out different suggestions, or pointing out the fact that a bill has no chance of passing if something else is attached to it is a far cry from publicly supporting and pushing for something.
If people haven't learned by now that Trump says off the wall things to disarm ideas that he doesn't support and troll the left, they are going to be stressing out over nothing for the next few years. Pay attention to what he does and official policy announcements, not off the cuff comments.

NRA Benefactor Member

Last edited by TRICKSTER; 03-08-2018 at 3:12 PM..
Old 03-08-2018, 3:29 PM
Calguns Addict

HAHAHAHA, All you crybabies.

He effectively turned the dialog from banning guns to arming school teachers in less then a week. And all he had to do to get that done was acknowledge the Anti's words.

Just like DACA he knows how to bluff.

Can you name one campaign promise he actually has caved on??

And don't say "Mexico paying for the wall" because the threat of tariffs just made that way more possible.

We already have the only reasonable Gun Control we need, It's called the Second Amendment and it's the government it controls.
Old 03-08-2018, 3:38 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Did he? What exactly did he say and under what context was it said? Making an off the wall comment during a meeting where everyone is throwing out different suggestions, or pointing out the fact that a bill has no chance of passing if something else is attached to it is a far cry from publicly supporting and pushing for something.
If people haven't learned by now that Trump says off the wall things to disarm ideas that he doesn't support and troll the left, they are going to be stressing out over nothing for the next few years. Pay attention to what he does and official policy announcements, not off the cuff comments.
You know exactly what he said, supported or opposed to. If not, watch the video again.
If your point is that Trump's words are worth *****, then his election promises and statements are probably of the same cost. Then again, POTUS must be held accountable for the words he says. If he calls himself a 2A supporter, then suggests ridiculous gun control measures, he probably doesn't understand the position he's at

Last edited by riderr; 03-08-2018 at 3:41 PM..
Old 03-08-2018, 3:57 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Ding Ding a winner!
Im afraid that when people of average or less than average intelligence try to conclude what a genius is doing it doesn't always compute.

Just saying you tried to explain what every gun culture person knows that President trump defends the NRA and NRA members trust President Trump!
Old 03-08-2018, 4:37 PM
Made in the USA
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Location: Free in AZ!!! yes, it's worth the Pain to make it happen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71MUSTY View Post

He effectively turned the dialog from banning guns to arming school teachers in less then a week. And all he had to do to get that done was acknowledge the Anti's words.

And don't say "Mexico paying for the wall" because the threat of tariffs just made that way more possible.
He exempted Mexico from the steel tariffs.
-----------------------------
"RIGHT POWER!"
http://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w558/LBDamneds/Misc/III_zpsofbisb36.jpg
-----------------------------
Dignity, Respect, Purpose - Live It!
Old 03-08-2018, 5:00 PM

Below! Also, I'm thankful he beat Hillary...can you imagine if Hillary was prez.right now at this time....

Quote:

Old 03-08-2018, 5:43 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:

Speaking of silly babies... LOL.
Mexico is exempt. Got a better argument?
Old 03-08-2018, 5:45 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
You know exactly what he said, supported or opposed to. If not, watch the video again.
If your point is that Trump's words are worth *****, then his election promises and statements are probably of the same cost. Then again, POTUS must be held accountable for the words he says. If he calls himself a 2A supporter, then suggests ridiculous gun control measures, he probably doesn't understand the position he's at
Watch which video? Are you talking about the video of the entire meeting or just a small snippet? That is exactly why I am asking you exactly what he said and under what context. The fact that you are dodging this request tells me that you really can't be sure that you know.
As far as his election promises, he has done pretty good in trying to keep them. Can you name a recent POTUS that has done the same?

NRA Benefactor Member

Old 03-08-2018, 5:45 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBDamned View Post
He exempted Mexico from the steel tariffs.
And the aluminium tariffs.

Quote:
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump pressed ahead on Thursday with import tariffs of 25 percent on steel and 10 percent for aluminum but exempted Canada and Mexico and offered the possibility of excluding other allies, backtracking from an earlier “no-exceptions” stance.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-c...-idUSKCN1GK09C
Old 03-08-2018, 6:07 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Watch which video? Are you talking about the video of the entire meeting or just a small snippet?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TN1qsBrep8

Quote:
As far as his election promises, he has done pretty good in trying to keep them. Can you name a recent POTUS that has done the same?
Obamacare repeal - failed.
CCW reciprocity - failed.
Steel and alum taxes - castrated, mostly failed
Hard stance on illegal immigration - failed
Mexico pays for the wall - failed

Tax reform - passed
SCOTUS judge assignment - passed
Old 03-08-2018, 6:17 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TN1qsBrep8

Obamacare repeal - failed.
CCW reciprocity - failed.
Steel and alum taxes - castrated, mostly failed
Hard stance on illegal immigration - failed
Mexico pays for the wall - failed

Tax reform - passed
SCOTUS judge assignment - passed
You seem to miss the point that Congress needs to pass these bills before Trump has anything to sign. So tell me again how Congress not passing a bill that Trump supports and has promised to sign it when it gets to his desk is somehow Trumps fault.

When Congress gets one of these bills passed and Trump refuses to sign it, then you will have a point. Until then your comments seem to show a lack of understanding about the responsibilities of Congress and POTUS.

NRA Benefactor Member

Old 03-08-2018, 6:20 PM

Quote:
You seem to miss the point that Congress needs to pass these bills before Trump has anything to sign. So tell me again how Congress not passing a bill that Trump supports and has promised to sign it when it gets to his desk is somehow Trumps fault.

When Congress gets one of these bills passed and Trump refuses to sign it, then you will have a point. Until then your comments seem to show a lack of understanding about the responsibilities of Congress and POTUS.

Did you ignore my first reply to you?

Old 03-08-2018, 6:22 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Did you ignore my first reply to you?

Did you have a point for me to reply to?
Sorry, I didn't see one.

NRA Benefactor Member

Old 03-08-2018, 6:49 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:

You are telling me he didn't know GOP wouldn't support his, rather immature, proposals? I am sure he did, but still kept promising. What would you call such a person?
However, he really showed his true colors when flipped on 2A.
Old 03-08-2018, 6:53 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
You are telling me he didn't know GOP wouldn't support his, rather immature, proposals? I am sure he did, but still kept promising. What would you call such a person?
However, he really showed his true colors when flipped on 2A.
You keep saying that and yet you can't show one action that he has taken or attempted to take against the 2nd A. What would you call such a person that keeps making a claim and cannot provide an example to back it up?

NRA Benefactor Member

Old 03-08-2018, 7:11 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
You keep saying that and yet you can't show one action that he has taken or attempted to take against the 2nd A. What would you call such a person that keeps making a claim and cannot provide an example to back it up?
Did you watch the video? Do you need me to chew it up for you? Did you follow the news recently?

1. Take the guns first, go through due process second
2. "You are afraid of NRA"
3. "If you can add that to this bill, that would be great. Dianne, if you could add what you have also and I think you can into the bill" (We all know the bill, DF keeps pushing every single Congress)

Shall I continue, or you finally watch the video?
Old 03-08-2018, 7:19 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Did you watch the video? Do you need me to chew it up for you? Did you follow the news recently?

1. Take the guns first, go through due process second
2. "You are afraid of NRA"
3. "If you can add that to this bill, that would be great. Dianne, if you could add what you have also and I think you can into the bill" (We all know the bill, DF keeps pushing every single Congress)

Shall I continue, or you finally watch the video?
What actions has he taken. Off the cuff comments are not actions, and they basically shut down the liberals and deflected the discussion to arming teaches, securing schools and fixing the background check system?

You still haven't pointed to one single anti-2A action that Trump has taken.

NRA Benefactor Member

Last edited by TRICKSTER; 03-08-2018 at 7:24 PM..
Old 03-08-2018, 7:30 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
What actions has he taken. Off the cuff comments are not actions, and they basically shut down the liberals and deflected the discussion to arming teaches, securing schools and fixing the background check system?

You still haven't pointed to one single anti-2A action that Trump has taken.
You see how I shot down all your previous arguments?
Let me ask you this. Now, you agree he did make anti-2A statements. How fast will it convert into anti-2A actions is a great question. Or probably, what should we do to remind him of his pro-2A election rhetoric to prevent him from damaging 2A further? I think it's even a better question.
Old 03-08-2018, 8:58 PM

Quote:
Did you have a point for me to reply to?

Sorry, I didn't see one.

It was about the powers of congress and the president. It’s a reply to your first post on page 1.

Old 03-08-2018, 11:33 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
You see how I shot down all your previous arguments?
Let me ask you this. Now, you agree he did make anti-2A statements. How fast will it convert into anti-2A actions is a great question. Or probably, what should we do to remind him of his pro-2A election rhetoric to prevent him from damaging 2A further? I think it's even a better question.
Damaging the 2nd A further?

You have still failed to point out one action that he has taken to damage the 2ndA. Until you can, you are doing nothing but playing Chicken Little.

NRA Benefactor Member

Old 03-08-2018, 11:35 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
It was about the powers of congress and the president. It’s a reply to your first post on page 1.

What about it? Are you saying that you want Trump to abuse his position and rule with a phone and a pen?

NRA Benefactor Member

Old 03-08-2018, 11:38 PM

Quote:
You and I both know that if President Obama had said anything remotely resembling what Trump said you would be absolutely apoplectic. LOL

While we are on the subject why is Fox News not talking about presidential vacations or golf outings anymore?

Trump's going down like the Titanic!
“It was miraculous. It was almost no trick at all, he saw, to turn vice into virtue and slander into truth, impotence into abstinence, arrogance into humility, plunder into philanthropy, thievery into honor, blasphemy into wisdom, brutality into patriotism, and sadism into justice. Anybody could do it; it required no brains at all. It merely required no character.”

― Joseph Heller, Catch 22
Old 03-08-2018, 11:56 PM

President Trump is a million times better on the Constitution and the 2nd than the Evil, Fat, Progressive Communist ditch would have been.

No doubt about it at all. Every one who has a brain knows this.

It would be end game for our rights- if the evil, old, Bolshevik babushka had managed to worm her way into the white house.

So far Trump has beaten the hell out of the new Democrat Prog/Comm.'s and their allies in the major fake news outlets, the Socialist fake media, and the Hollywood hate America first crowd at every turn.

Beats hell out of them, plays them like a fiddle- and makes them look like the fools that they are.

It is damn funny- one guy against all the useless idiots and their puppet masters and he whomp's their azz's.

Looks like Hillary, might be going to jail- for selling weapons grade uranium to Putin's crew. Seems the mole placed in the Democrats plot- to sell nuclear weapons material to the Russian's is going to testify.

Along with the false flag Democrat FISA warrent- It's gonna get good.

Perhaps Obama will go down as well- what did he know and when did he know it?

I will trust President Trump to do the right thing in regards to the 2nd.

Until some concrete Anti Constitution action happens.

The NRA still backs him and that says a lot to me...

Last edited by Ugly Hombre; 03-09-2018 at 12:25 AM..
Old 03-09-2018, 12:59 AM

some of you younger folks need to look this up;

A young bull and an old bull are at the top of a hill.....

Old 03-09-2018, 1:03 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosdanger View Post
You and I both know that if President Obama had said anything remotely resembling what Trump said you would be absolutely apoplectic. LOL

While we are on the subject why is Fox News not talking about presidential vacations or golf outings anymore?

Trump's going down like the Titanic!
What's it like to be wrong in almost every post.

Next you will be telling us that Trump didn't pay taxes in 2005.

NRA Benefactor Member

Old 03-09-2018, 6:31 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Damaging the 2nd A further?

You have still failed to point out one action that he has taken to damage the 2ndA. Until you can, you are doing nothing but playing Chicken Little.
You are a hardcode Trump's fan in denial. You tend to find any excuse for him. Well, wait till he f**ks your a**, but then you will still worship him.
Old 03-09-2018, 9:03 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Speaking of silly babies... LOL.
Mexico is exempt. Got a better argument?
What's the problem with exempting Mexico and Canada for tariffs on Aluminum and Steel?
Old 03-09-2018, 9:40 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja308 View Post
What's the problem with exempting Mexico and Canada for tariffs on Aluminum and Steel?
No problem at all. It was a reply to a little bit arrogant post

Quote:

Last edited by riderr; 03-09-2018 at 9:43 AM..