Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Northern California Chapters > Bay Area Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2018, 6:33 PM

Default Hello

I'm in Santa Clara. Are there any group(s) that meet monthly for tactical shoots with a handgun or rifle, preferably on Saturday (ie -besides the Defensive Shooting Club that meets 2x a month on Sundays)?

Thanks,

David
Old 01-31-2018, 9:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bktay View Post
I'm in Santa Clara. Are there any group(s) that meet monthly for tactical shoots with a handgun or rifle, preferably on Saturday (ie -besides the Defensive Shooting Club that meets 2x a month on Sundays)?

Thanks,

David

http://www.actionpistolclub.com/calendar.html
Old 02-10-2018, 4:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryff View Post

No waiting period. If he is willing to sponsor you now, then you can start the membership process immediately.
hey Gryff, I just went to Richmond and completed my safe handgunner class. Can't wait to shoot my first match there!

One question for you - the regular match fee is $30. Do you know whether there is any discount for members? (I plan to apply for Richmond club membership ...)
Old 02-19-2018, 9:01 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Hello all! Newbee from San Mateo here =)
Old 03-01-2018, 4:18 PM

Hey all, new to site. Live in Walnut Creek and consistently bouncing from range to range. Was a member at Livermore when I lived in Dublin but now bounce between Dublin indoor and Martinez Gun Club depending on what I am shooting. I have a house up in Copperopolis that travel to quite frequently and looking for some BLM land in Calaveras County or closer to the Bay Area/East Bay. Anyone know of any spots (DM me if you do not wish to publish publicly). I will not disclose locations and always clean up my brass and shells when I am through. It is getting tougher and tougher to find decent spots, so I can respect if you do not want to share. I’ll tell you one thing, man I miss the days when I lived in AZ and could drive out 20mins and have an open desert playground.
Old 03-02-2018, 10:32 AM

Welcome Skyedog and RDuarte. Copperopolis has a private 1-mile sniper range if I recall, is that still active?

Inventor of Moodog D-Fog for eyepro :: Founder of NYCAirsoft :: NRA Life Member
Old 03-02-2018, 12:47 PM

Thank you for the welcome MoonDog. I haven't heard of any mile range in the area. I have been to one in Angels Camp and shot trap but the R&P range was closed to non-members. Does anyone know if Candy Rock still allows shooting? I have heard on more than one occasion that it is forbidden.
Old 03-25-2018, 8:29 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoondogIndustries View Post
Welcome Skyedog and RDuarte. Copperopolis has a private 1-mile sniper range if I recall, is that still active?

just google them ... they are still open for business unfortunately they are almost 2 hrs drive from me.....

Last edited by Skyedog; 03-25-2018 at 8:33 AM..
Old 03-25-2018, 2:16 PM

There may be new Calguns leadership in the Bay Area, but the Calguns Bay Area Forum has been there since 2013. I know, because I was one of the people who insisted on it from the Calguns Southern California Leadership.

Just to keep the record straight.
• Don't have children until you're married five years or at least age 30.
• Put 10% of your salary into savings every month no matter how broke you are.
• Don't ever screw around with the IRS.
• Keep a handgun on your bedside table.
• Don't smart-mouth judges, or cops who stop you on the road.
Old 03-25-2018, 9:26 PM

New here, I live in concord and shoot at the San Leandro range, Does Richmond, Martinez, or Diablo have pistol ranges?
Old 03-27-2018, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rduarte View Post
I have a house up in Copperopolis that travel to quite frequently and looking for some BLM land in Calaveras County or closer to the Bay Area/East Bay. Anyone know of any spots (DM me if you do not wish to publish publicly).

The old quarry is very close to Copperopolis. See if you can find it here. If not I'll dig up the GPS coordinates.
Old 04-07-2018, 11:33 AM

LEO

Graphic Design / IT Systems

North Bay and East Bay.
Old 05-12-2018, 10:45 PM

My name is Kris, Bay area native, born & breed. Veteran of the United States Marine Corp as of late 2014! I served as part of the Marine Aviation Logistics Squadron 11, 3rd Marine Aircraft Wing as a Cryogenic Equipment Operator with 2 tours (Afgan and Bahrain) OEF 12.2-14.1, before enlistment I was a certified airframe and powerplant mechanic, post enlistment I've obtained an AS degree in electrical engineering and technology and now work as a service engineer in the field of electron microscoscopy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-05-2018, 11:49 PM

Hi, I’m Colin. I’m in Alameda. Since Chabot was closed I’ve been visiting San Leandro mostly, though I do have memberships with Diablo and the SLO Sportsman’s Association down on the central coast. Looking forward to participating in this forum!
Old 06-06-2018, 2:12 AM

Im in. San Mateo here
Old 07-17-2018, 5:34 PM

I'm in SF. Looking to meet up with people for shooting stuff, potentially borrow lower receiver jigs (however/if this can be done in a non-legally-risky fashion; I'm not totally clear on this point), and discuss/get help on my weird plans for building gun gadgets.

My current project (when/if I get enough spare time) is to make a sensor which attaches to a pistol rail, connects to an app on your phone, and tells you if you're anticipating recoil or milking the gun or whatever while you shoot. Or at least figure out why this is not technically feasible.
Old 09-27-2018, 5:59 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Ron in Hayward checking in. I've been using calguns for awhile and I'm trying to get more involved. It's been a great resource.

I'm tired of seeing so much misinformation everywhere. From news reports, social media, and especially when arguments come primarily from more of a reactionary and emotional basis.
Old 09-28-2018, 3:26 PM

I'm in Berkeley. Returned back to the Golden state after 3 years of Japan. Going to check out Richmond Rod and Gun club one of these weekends when my degree isn't crushing me. I'll try to attend the next CGSSA meetup.
Old 10-07-2018, 8:31 PM

Jose from Antioch here. Been using Calguns for info and opinions lately. Constant lurker of the Private Firearms Sales section (handguns specifically). Still new to guns, I shoot at least every other week at the Livermore range, but I am trying to get more range time.