Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 01-20-2018, 6:07 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancer1 View Post
Ok you got me there Dvrjon, guilty. I guess I'm getting a charge out of thinking I'm this close to it (if at all). How's the parking down there at Hurley Way? The satellite image does not look too promising, only a few spots around the building (I can imagine those go to the staff there). I did notice a shopping center about a block down.
Employees park in the back. The spots up front never seem to be more then half full. I've never had a problem finding a spot.
Old 01-20-2018, 7:01 PM

bad comes to worse, just park at bucca di beppo and walk your *** over there.
Old 01-21-2018, 11:03 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsodeez View Post
bad comes to worse, just park at bucca di beppo and walk your *** over there.
EVERY time I hear that restaurants name I think of Family Guy when he speaks Italian.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Old 01-23-2018, 8:16 AM

Quote:
I have read all 109 pages of this post, so I hope I'm not being annoying by asking redundant questions. I applied 28 Aug, 2017. My initial appointment is for 21 Feb, 2018. I took the 16 hour course, and qual with 3 pistols on 8 Oct, 2017. If I have digested all the info in these posts correctly, "If" I am approved, my training must be within 180 days of approval. My training would expire on 8 Apr 2018 (180 days from 8 Oct, 2017). If I'm approved, that leaves me 46 days from my initial appointment, until my training expires on 8 Apr. Does the 180 day shelf life go backwards, as well a forward? I understand it may take longer than 46 days for the livescan, so if that's the case, I would have to train / qual again. If my livescan came back quickly (as I see the trend), would my training / qual work for the final issuance? Two days ago, Sac Sheriff sent me an email to upload two POR, and my driver's license. I did that, but I was not sure it posted on the permitium site. I emailed ccw@sheriff.com, they responded quickly to say "yes, we received your new documents". Also, suddenly, all my uploads appeared on my permitium tracker, the complete list. That is encouraging, but my question is, should I take the training / qual again to make sure my certs don't lapse? I'm the type who would like to get things done ahead of time, and I'm not going to cry if I'm not approved at all (I don't see that happening, I've been a good boy all these years, retired Navy with S clearance). What do you guys think? I want to go to Cordova SC if I have to do this again, I could do that next weekend, I've read that they have to close because of the lease expiring in June. I know, I'm a PIA, but thanks for any inputs you can offer.
Before you sign up and pay for full training again, you should check with your initial training instructor to see if they will let you come is just for qualification. Is. Shooting only. With a small fee of course.

My Cordova instructor told us we could do this at CSC. The instructor you trained with might let you do that too.

Yeah you’re not the only one who took the class too early in the process. A couple of guys in my class at CSC last weekend were in the same situation.
People really should not sign up for a class until they get asked to do so by permitium, which is the same time you get asked to do livescan. It’s not very obvious when you first submit application though.

Last edited by gunhun; 01-23-2018 at 8:19 AM..
Old 01-24-2018, 8:13 PM

Gunhun, you raise a good point, and thanks to you the others who are basically saying the same thing, and I agree. I took the original course because I wanted the experience, and to go through it for my own knowledge, even if I didn't (or don't) get the final authorization from Sac Sheriff, so I'm OK with it all. However, I'm confident I will meet the vetting criterion, and ultimately be granted (I know they are the only ones to make the determination). I think my original guy, Joe Truesdale, would probably work with me, our conversation did touch on the subject. Here's the funny part; two of the guns I will carry (if), are an Ed Brown Kobra Carry, and a Springfield Armory Professional, because I have 100% confidence that neither of those would ever fail, should the need arise. These are each $3000 guns, and I don't like to holster / draw them, as the finish now has tiny scratches. Not so much the Springfield, but the Ed Brown more so. I talked to the boys at Cordova SC, and the say there is no holstering / drawing, he said you shoot from the bench at 15 yards. I am proficient with these guns, I can shoot 'em. However, they are not range guns, and I don't want to put draw marks on them. Even the Ed Brown magazines got scratches from having to drop them in the dirt. I don't want to use them that way. I have heard that CSC may not be able to renew their lease, so I don't want to miss the chance to qualify in a more controlled environment. What do you guys think? I appreciate the inputs from those of you in this forum (great information, thoughtful and informative!)
Old 01-25-2018, 6:27 AM

Lancer, you are funny indeed. two of the 3 guns you want on your CCW permit are guns you do not want to holster. . In any case, you should expect to hear from Sac sheriff about 1 month, latest-2 months, after your feb interview, and that is when they will ask for training certificate and Livescan. I got the impression the review committee meets every month, so you should be part of the next committees review after your late feb interview. If that works as scheduled, then your previous training, which expires late april, should still be valid. If for some reason it takes more than two months, then your Truesdale training is obviously no longer valid. CSC offers the 16 hr class several weekends a month, and it seemed registering for it was easy, even a couple of weeks before the class itself. You can always wait til sometime april to decide to sign up for a CSC class.

Problem is if CSC decides not to renew lease and to close in the summer, then we really don't know when the range will close all services in order to start packing up. Apparently Cordova Parks is upping the cost of the new lease to five times higher than the current lease. It's sounds like the parks system/city just wants to make more money from the property. Good luck to ya. ....and you really dont' have to shoot well to pass the qual at CSC. Just hit paper and show safe technique, and you'll pass.
Old 01-25-2018, 7:24 AM

It's not that I don't want to holster them, perhaps I should invest in a gentler, kinder holster (leather?) so as not to scrape the sides of that Ed Brown like the cheap kydex one I used at the range. I love these things (does that sound funny?), and want to keep them in pristine condition, as much as possible. However, I do understand they are serious tools, intended for serious use and reliability. This is all good stuff, I appreciate the inputs. Mr. Truesdale called any markings on those expensive guns as "Love", meaning you are really using them as intended from their makers, and don't complain about service marks on them. The third gun is an HK VP9, which seems to have an indestructible finish on it. I'm not looking for an easy qualification, of course I should be 100% proficient with any weapon I intend to carry. I hear you, and thanks for the consideration of my post. I guess I can't have everything, there usually is some sacrifice, as with any worthwhile endeavor. You know, it just gets no better than this, information, and an exchange of knowledge / experience from many of you on this forum.
Old 01-25-2018, 7:30 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
What do you guys think?
I think you should use paragraphs.
I think you should edit.
I think you should follow the advice previously given on this.
I think you haven't followed through on any of the previous guidance.
Quote:
I think my original guy, Joe Truesdale, would probably work with me, our conversation did touch on the subject.
Then talk to Joe.

I think short-term "holster marks" rub out. It takes a great deal of holster wear and use to wear away the finish on these guns.

On a larger issue, I think you should reconsider your choice of these guns.
-Full-size 1911s with extra ammo become a pain to carry concealed all day. (I did it for years, before realizing there are better alternatives). Try passive concealment...not training scenarios...in cargo shorts and tank top for a day. You can do it, but it isn't fun.
-If you are unwilling to put holster marks on these guns, you will be unable to practice your draw stroke. Being proficient with your weapon will do you no good if you can't rapidly draw and present it.
-Don't confuse "qualification" with "training". A number of qualification agencies conduct firing at indoor facilities without draw requirements. CSC isn't the only one.
-You are overly concerned about the physical "niceness" of the gun (and mags). If you are in a fight, and the mag fails, will you gingerly pull it and place it in a pocket so it doesn't get scratched? (I'm sure Joe didn't teach you that.)
-If you use one of these guns, they will become evidence and be confiscated. LEO will shoot it, dismantle it, examine it and store it in a cardboard box or on a hook somewhere. If criminal or civil litigation arises, it will be re-examined by the prosecution or tort attorney. You won't see the gun again for a very long time. If/when you get it back, you will wish it only had holster marks on it.

If I have to use/lose a reliable gun that saved my life, I'd rather lose a $500 Glock or S&W. And they are easier to conceal and carry.

Last edited by Dvrjon; 04-18-2018 at 10:02 AM..
Old 01-25-2018, 8:10 AM

To each his own. He wants his favorite handguns to be in the permit in case he ever wants to carry his big heavy albeit reliable bling, why not. I suspect it’ll be the VP9 mostly tho. Lancer, if it comes to signing up at CSC, you should first ask them if they will let you come in to only qualify, instead of taking the course, even tho you did not take their class. You never know and it might save you 150 or so.
Old 01-25-2018, 8:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodi54 View Post
D'OH!

TL/DR: Submitted wrong copy of DD214, Received and sent said form minutes after Appt was cancelled, tried to go to appt anyway, denied. 8/23/17 appt rescheduled to 1/24/18.

5/3/2017: Submitted Application Online. Appt scheduled for 8/23

8/14/2017: YOUR CCW APPLICATION HAS BEEN PENDED. YOU MUST SUBMIT A COPY OF YOUR DD214. PLEASE UPLOAD THIS TO YOUR PERMITIUM FILE. IF IT IS NOT RECEIVED AT LEAST 3 DAYS PRIOR TO YOUR APPOINTMENT, YOUR APPOINTMENT WILL BE CANCELED.

8/15/2017: Uploaded DD214

8/22/2017: THE PAGE YOU SCANNED OF YOUR DD-214 DOES NOT REFLECT THE TYPE OF DISCHARGE YOU RECEIVED. *PLEASE SCAN AND UPLOAD THE COPY THAT DOES. *IF YOU FAIL TO DO SO PRIOR TO 4:00 P.M. TODAY, YOUR APPOINTMENT WILL BE CANCELLED. *PLEASE SCAN AND UPLOAD THE REQUIRED DOCUMENT.
Scramble for correct copy of DD214. Nowhere to be found. Attach Honorable Discharge Certificate and Reserve Orders that indicate same. Also requested DD214 from ebenfits, old employer, college.

8/23/2017, 11:59AM: Thank you for submitting the documents regarding your service. *We need the official DD-214 stating the type of discharge. *Unfortunately your appointment has been canceled. *Please reschedule. *Thank you.

8/23/2017, 12:19PM: Your request for Official Military Personnel File (OMPF) Information has been processed and retrieved images or exception status is now available for viewing in DPRIS at the eBenefits portal. You can access your OMPF information by logging into the eBenefits Portal at*http://www.ebenefits.va.gov

8/23/2017, 12:20PM: Upload correct DD214, reply to email, call, leave message and email Amber asking if there is any way to keep Appt.

8/23/2017, 2:00PM: No reply, leave office for 3:00 PM Appt hoping I can keep it.

8/23/2017, 2:40PM: Arrive at Sheriff's Department. Explain situation and ask if I can keep Appt. Denied. Next available appointment: 1/24/2018

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Kept checking back for an earlier appointment and it paid off.

9/18/2017: Rescheduled Appt to 1/8/2018

1/8/2018: Completed Appt

1/10/2018: Approved to proceed with Live Scan. Uploaded new proof of residency docs per request

1/19/2018: Completed Live Scan ($130)

1/24/2018: Notified Live Scan was approved. Advised to schedule training within 6 mos. Training scheduled for 2/10 - 2/11 with besthandguntraining.com ($175 + $15 range fee)

Old 01-25-2018, 8:32 AM

Eagle Defense has Sac CCW Training on 2/24 - 2/25 for $120.
https://www.facebook.com/events/140482793328515/?ti=cl

I wanted to go sooner so I chose Best Handgun Training on 2/10-2/11 for $175

Old 01-25-2018, 8:38 AM
Calguns Addict

As noted some time ago, the solution to Lancer1's scheduling problem is to try to change the appointment.

Rodi54 has illustrated this can be done:
Quote:

Last edited by Dvrjon; 01-25-2018 at 8:59 AM..
Old 01-25-2018, 12:40 PM

The Ed Brown weighs 27oz (empty).
The VP9, 25 oz.
The SA Pro, is a bit heavy - 36 oz.

I never thought of these as bling, but I suppose that's how this is coming across. Thanks for the thoughtful insight.
Old 01-25-2018, 12:55 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
The Ed Brown weighs 27oz (empty).
The VP9, 25 oz.
The SA Pro, is a bit heavy - 36 oz.

I never thought of these as bling, but I suppose that's how this is coming across. Thanks for the thoughtful insight.
Good paragraphs

Just for the record, I don't think the guns are "bling"; that's gunhun's characterization.

They are excellently designed tools of the trade. But, to do its job, every shovel has to get dirty.

(BTW: I think you're a bit light on the Cobra Carry weight.)

Best.
Old 01-25-2018, 3:32 PM

Default Sacramento *** TIME TO APPLY!!! ***

Update! CCW renewal: Class taken on 1/17 at CSC from 5:30-9:30. Submitted renewal application that evening. Rec’d automated call today (1/25) at 4pm (closing) saying it’s ready for pick up. They still seem to have a 5-6 business day turnaround.
Renewal license pick ups are only on Tuesdays & Thursday’s, however-so I’ll get it next week. My current expires 2/8 so everything was timed perfectly.
Now we just gotta get to work on making sure a decent Sheriff is getting the seat, or we are all screwed by July 1.

Cheers
Old 01-25-2018, 3:37 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgarbled View Post
Now we just gotta get to work on making sure a decent Sheriff is getting the seat, or we are all screwed by July 1.

Cheers
You know Sheriff Jones is not retiring and is running again, right?
Old 01-26-2018, 7:35 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Not following the July 1 part of that. Election is in November, swearing in (Jones or whomever) in January 2019 AFAIK. One way or the other, Jones will still be in office at beginning of new fiscal year, so what’s the deal about July 1?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 01-30-2018, 3:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvrjon View Post
You know Sheriff Jones is not retiring and is running again, right?

Yes, found that out today when I picked up my renewal.. good news. We just gotta make sure he (or whoever gets elected) is pro 2A, and we retain some semblance of our 2A rights.
Old 01-30-2018, 4:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Bald_Guy View Post
Not following the July 1 part of that. Election is in November, swearing in (Jones or whomever) in January 2019 AFAIK. One way or the other, Jones will still be in office at beginning of new fiscal year, so what’s the deal about July 1?

@Old_Bald_Guy - Was posted based on my understanding of an earlier post a few weeks ago:

Quote:
A quick caveat:

(....)

In June, there will be an election for a new Sheriff. No one knows how many guns will be allowed in the new administration. If it does open up, your certs may no longer be valid.

Apologies for any misunderstanding on my part.

Anyway I picked up my renewal this afternoon, and the officer told me Sheriff is planning to run again.. signed on to post the info, but looks like it’s been covered.

Cheers
Old 01-30-2018, 4:38 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
@Old_Bald_Guy - Was posted based on my understanding of an earlier post a few weeks ago:

Apologies for any misunderstanding on my part.

Anyway I picked up my renewal this afternoon, and the officer told me Sheriff is planning to run again.. signed on to post the info, but looks like it’s been covered.

Cheers
Clearly, I was fantasizing about my new-found state right to smoke dope that day. My bad.

On the plus side, the Sacto Bee is in full throat to find someone (anyone) to run against him. http://www.sacbee.com/opinion/editor...196746294.html
Old 01-30-2018, 4:41 PM
Veteran Member

There will be an election in June, but if no candidate receives at least 50% plus 1 vote, there’ll be a runoff in November. I still think the term of whomever is elected begins in January 2019 even if they win outright in June, but I may be wrong on that detail. Not sure.

Old 01-31-2018, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Clearly, I was fantasizing about my new-found state right to smoke dope that day. My bad.

On the plus side, the Sacto Bee is in full throat to find someone (anyone) to run against him. http://www.sacbee.com/opinion/editor...196746294.html

Honest mistake - no worries. I bet the monsters are all freaking out across the country trying to retain some semblance of their many slavery agendas. Worms. We gotta get/continue to get active.. now more than ever. The iron is hot, thanks to our amazing President !!
Old 02-01-2018, 6:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Bald_Guy View Post
What the hell. I’ll calm down in my edit:

Your amazing president? Huh. Well, I guess “amazing” is one possible descriptor.

Yes, it sure is.
Old 02-02-2018, 7:45 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Honest mistake - no worries.
Just to be clear, the honest mistake here was in your belief that the Sheriff's new term opens on July 1. It doesn't.

My error was in not fully explaining the state electoral process to the reading "electorate". It's also important to note that my post was made prior to Sheriff Jones entering the race.

As OBG indicated, the Primary Election is in June if there are two or more candidates. That's the first hurdle, and the Bee is trying to drum up a contender. Three individuals filed preliminary papers to run, (Daniels, Cox and Bernard), but all declared before Jones came back in, so who knows if any will now run against the incumbent? Final filing is March 9.

If there is no challenge, the Sheriff bypasses the primary by default and runs unopposed in November as he did four years ago.

If there are challengers, and no single candidate receives more than 50% of the vote taken, the top two vote-getters in June will face off in November.

Since the primary election doesn't decide the issue, and the General Election in November does, the term of the new sheriff begins January 1, 2019 and runs for another 4 years.

So, the first hurdle is, again, the June primary, and not November. But the new sheriff's term doesn't start until 1/1/19.
Old 02-02-2018, 8:29 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
I bet the monsters are all freaking out across the country trying to retain some semblance of their many slavery agendas. Worms. We gotta get/continue to get active.. now more than ever. The iron is hot, thanks to our amazing President !!
"...monsters...?"
"...slavery agendas...?"
"...Worms...?"

Your invective doesn't seem to enhance anyone's ability to "Make America Great, Again".

Also, I would hope you are monitoring the impact of the current political shenanigans on the previously-dormant progressive camp. The Mid-Term elections hold a less than rosy outlook which could have a debilitating impact on Republican leadership across the country.

And indicator of the blow-back:
Quote:
Roughly 900 women contacted Emily’s List, which recruits and trains pro-choice Democratic women, about running for office from 2015 to 2016; since President Trump’s election, more than 26,000 women have reached out about launching a campaign. The group had to knock down a wall in its Washington office to make room for more staff.
See: http://time.com/5107499/record-numbe...ng-for-office/
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/fir...office-n841916

Even Tom McClintock has 4 Dem challengers this year.

Already, at least 38 House Republicans have announced they are retiring, running for another office or resigning outright. They're leaving from all over the map, from southern New Jersey to southern New Mexico.
See:
http://www.people-press.org/2018/01/...nal-elections/
https://ballotpedia.org/List_of_U.S....ection_in_2018
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/republi...retiring-2018/, and;
https://www.cnn.com/2017/11/10/polit...ker/index.html

The Koch brothers have figured it out:
Quote:
“Koch Brothers-backed Americans for Prosperity reiterated its pledge...to spend upwards of $400 million to help boost like-minded candidates and incumbents in the midterm elections.”

I don't think the progressives are freaking out. I think they've been awakened and are pushing hard. This is going to be a difficult year.
/

We now return to our regularly-scheduled program of "Sacramento-Time to Apply for CCW".
Old 02-02-2018, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Just to be clear, the honest mistake here was in your belief that the Sheriff's new term opens on July 1. It doesn't.

My error was in not fully explaining the state electoral process to the reading "electorate". It's also important to note that my post was made prior to Sheriff Jones entering the race.

As OBG indicated, the Primary Election is in June if there are two or more candidates. That's the first hurdle, and the Bee is trying to drum up a contender. Three individuals filed preliminary papers to run, (Daniels, Cox and Bernard), but all declared before Jones came back in, so who knows if any will now run against the incumbent? Final filing is March 9.

If there is no challenge, the Sheriff bypasses the primary by default and runs unopposed in November as he did four years ago.

If there are challengers, and no single candidate receives more than 50% of the vote taken, the top two vote-getters in June will face off in November.

Since the primary election doesn't decide the issue, and the General Election in November does, the term of the new sheriff begins January 1, 2019 and runs for another 4 years.

So, the first hurdle is, again, the June primary, and not November. But the new sheriff's term doesn't start until 1/1/19.

Last edited by bgarbled; 02-02-2018 at 11:39 AM..
Old 02-02-2018, 10:56 AM

Quote:

As I said before, I apologized for any misunderstanding on my part. I am not sure why this is being beaten to death at this point. It’s covered, and we can research it on our own.

Last edited by bgarbled; 02-02-2018 at 11:06 AM..
Old 02-02-2018, 11:08 AM

Quote:

"...monsters...?"

"...slavery agendas...?"

"...Worms...?"

Your invective doesn't seem to enhance anyone's ability to "Make America Great, Again".

Also, I would hope you are monitoring the impact of the current political shenanigans on the previously-dormant progressive camp. The Mid-Term elections hold a less than rosy outlook which could have a debilitating impact on Republican leadership across the country.

And indicator of the blow-back: See: http://time.com/5107499/record-numbe...ng-for-office/

Even Tom McClintock has 4 Dem challengers this year.

Already, at least 38 House Republicans have announced they are retiring, running for another office or resigning outright. They're leaving from all over the map, from southern New Jersey to southern New Mexico.

See:

http://www.people-press.org/2018/01/...nal-elections/

https://ballotpedia.org/List_of_U.S....ection_in_2018

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/republi...retiring-2018/, and;

https://www.cnn.com/2017/11/10/polit...ker/index.html

The Koch brothers have figured it out: https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/fir...office-n841916

I don't think the progressives are freaking out. I think they've been awakened and are pushing hard. This is going to be a difficult year.

/

We now return to our regularly-scheduled program of "Sacramento-Time to Apply for CCW".

I think you missed my meaning-I assumed we all could tell I was generalizing. I think your opinion about the struggle in 2018 are a bit off, personally-but I have no interest in getting into the weeds about it here. Sorry if my passion against AntiFa’s actions, and those that support/fund their actions (including organizations ran by Soros, etc) and all the corruption that is about to come out in the FISA memo & Fusion GPS scandal by Obama holdovers has me a bit ‘concerned’ of what they have been up to. Not to be taken lightly, sedition bordering on treason. I’m sure we all read quite a bit from the leaked emails WikiLeaks released on the various agendas of these worms & scumbags, and it has me heated from the moment they were exposed - these instances are who or what I was referring to. Yet I’m excited to see those who wish to oppress us being tried for their crimes, as they scramble to piece together every type of imagined BS to try and stop Trump from exposing them further. It’s truly a historic time, that I think we all can agree on. I guess it’s my mistake in assuming we all can see the different angles of what’s really going on around us right now - but I absolutely stand by my earlier comments. Thanks for yours & best to you and yours.

Last edited by bgarbled; 02-02-2018 at 11:36 AM..
Old 02-02-2018, 1:57 PM
Veteran Member

Bgarbled feels oppressed. That’s worthy of a hearty guffaw right there.

Old 02-02-2018, 5:31 PM

SacBEE has yet another article suggesting that the chief of the Folsom police, Cynthia Renaud, would be a good candidate to run against Jones. They're suggesting that she would be more moderate in her approach.

Oh well . . . .

http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/new...198126779.html
Old 02-02-2018, 5:40 PM

Politics, Litigation, and Activism Board:

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...&share_type=sf

Old 02-02-2018, 8:10 PM

Sounds like someone’s trying to start a cat fight where there aren’t any cats. I think we’re concerned about the size of the 2A goldfish, and not who spotted it first. I hope we can all make sure it stays on the table and somehow doesn’t flip itself back into the water. Or did I miss something.
Old 02-06-2018, 8:03 AM
Calguns Addict

Wait is Jones running? I thought he wasn't going to
Old 02-06-2018, 9:18 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Man View Post
Wait is Jones running? I thought he wasn't going to
Changed his mind when his successor, Palmer, bailed on him.
Old 02-13-2018, 2:23 PM

Quote:

1/8/2018: Completed Appt

1/10/2018: Approved to proceed with Live Scan. Uploaded new proof of residency docs per request

1/19/2018: Completed Live Scan ($130)

1/24/2018: Notified Live Scan was approved. Advised to schedule training within 6 mos. Training scheduled for 2/10 - 2/11 with besthandguntraining.com ($175 + $15 range fee)

Completed Training!

2/10 - 2/11 - Best Handgun Training Sacramento CCW 16 Hour Course completed.

2/13: Uploaded Training Cert and SSD Qualification forms to Permitium.

Recv'd email indicating my permit was issued and that I need to pay my final fee.

Paid final fee.

Recv'd email stating my fee was received and to stand by for pick up instructions.

Recv'd email stating "Your permit is ready for pick up!" Pick up days and hours are Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM and 1:30 - 4:00 PM.

Total cost: $443.00
- Application Processing Fee: $25.00
- LiveScan: $130.00
- Training: $205.00 ($175 for course, $15x2 Range Fees)
- Final Permit Fee: $83.00

Total Time: 9.5 months, though would have been ~5.5 months if I had the correct copy of my DD Form 215 before my 1st scheduled interview.

Old 02-13-2018, 2:41 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Recv'd email stating "Your permit is ready for pick up!" Pick up days and hours are Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM and 1:30 - 4:00 PM.
Congrats!
Old 02-13-2018, 2:45 PM

Quote:
Congrats!
Thank you! Finally got it done.

Old 02-13-2018, 9:57 PM

Submitted my renewal app Monday 2-12-18 and got notified today my permit is ready for pickup.
Old 02-14-2018, 10:19 AM

Had my Sac Co interview today. Just a couple updates with info I haven't previously seen posted here (apologies if missed):

1) They said, because of issues with the committee meeting to review new applications, they have a current backlog of over 100 applications to review, so it may be up to 3 months or so before I hear anything about a decision.

2) For those who have or have previously had a medical marijuana card, they did ask if I'd ever even applied for a med marijuana card in addition to whether I currently had one and whether I'd ever used an illicit drug before.
Old 02-17-2018, 4:33 PM

Default Modification changed my expiration date

My expiration date for the last two times was 3/31. I changed my address temporarily in August 2017 and the new permit changed the expiration date to 8/4/19. I find that odd. So when I move back to my old residence before next year, it will change my expiration date again? Has anyone else had this happen? (A couple of years ago, I did a modification on a serial number when my instructor had made a mistake, and exp date stayed the same). Just curious if this the new normal.