Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Non-California Permits/Licenses
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Non-California Permits/Licenses For out of State License/Permit discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-16-2018, 7:03 PM
OCEquestrian's Avatar
OCEquestrian OCEquestrian is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 1,680
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default 40 day turn around time for Az non resident CCW

Got the paperwork / fingerprints done at the SAR gun show in Phoenix on Sunday Dec 3. Sent my package in on Dec. 6 with $60 cashiers check and a copy of my Florida CCW as proof of meeting Az's educational / testing qualifications. Pleasant surprise to receive my Az CCW in the mail today... Jan 16. It was issued on Jan 11, 2017 and good for 5 years.

I will use this instead of my Fl permit when I visit Las Vegas for the SHOT show next week.

I now have:

CA
WA
FL
Az

__________________
NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member

Last edited by OCEquestrian; 01-16-2018 at 7:06 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-16-2018, 7:30 PM
38Special's Avatar
38Special 38Special is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: San Bernardino County
Posts: 736
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCEquestrian View Post
Got the paperwork / fingerprints done at the SAR gun show in Phoenix on Sunday Dec 3. Sent my package in on Dec. 6 with $60 cashiers check and a copy of my Florida CCW as proof of meeting Az's educational / testing qualifications. Pleasant surprise to receive my Az CCW in the mail today... Jan 16. It was issued on Jan 11, 2017 and good for 5 years.

I will use this instead of my Fl permit when I visit Las Vegas for the SHOT show next week.

I now have:

CA
WA
FL
Az

Your CA CCW would have worked as proof.
__________________
Mrs 38Special
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-16-2018, 7:37 PM
RobG's Avatar
RobG RobG is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Prietostan
Posts: 4,703
iTrader: 97 / 100%
Default

Good info. I had my prints rolled today, should go out in a few days. Used my UT non res for proof of training.
__________________
*PSE Archery* *Gold Tip Arrows* *Riptide Code Red* *Magnus Broadheads* *Scott Release* *Archery Shack bowstrings* *Trophy Ridge bow sights* *Bee Stinger* *Vortex Optics* *EXO Mountain*
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-16-2018, 9:20 PM
wannabefree wannabefree is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: State of Jefferson
Posts: 112
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I will be mailing out my application Thursday after I get my prints roll a the local Highway Patrol office. An they do it for free up here too. Used my Ca CCW certificate of completion as proof as I just finished up that this weekend. Bet I get the AZ permit before my CA permit.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-17-2018, 7:59 AM
38Special's Avatar
38Special 38Special is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: San Bernardino County
Posts: 736
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Did our AZ via mail a year ago. Used my Cali CCW and hubby's DD214.
Our UPS Store did prints for free. Had them in under 3 weeks.
__________________
Mrs 38Special
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-07-2018, 2:07 PM
jarent jarent is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 24
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Mailed AZ CCW application today....Used my CA CCW as proof. I really cant believe the turn times posted on here, WOW.

On a side note, I should have done some research before applying-

I was charged $21 per card at the local Mail Stop my instructor referred me to...f**K

AND my instructor that I took my CA CCW class charged me $100 for the AZ package which I now see can be acquired directly from AZ DPS.

He also claimed I needed his certificate, he literally just copied my CCW for me.

I was excited and trusted what I was told, point is DO YOUR RESEARCH so you don't overpay by 100 plus bucks!

FML
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-07-2018, 2:50 PM
38Special's Avatar
38Special 38Special is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: San Bernardino County
Posts: 736
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarent View Post
Mailed AZ CCW application today....Used my CA CCW as proof. I really cant believe the turn times posted on here, WOW.

On a side note, I should have done some research before applying-

I was charged $21 per card at the local Mail Stop my instructor referred me to...f**K

AND my instructor that I took my CA CCW class charged me $100 for the AZ package which I now see can be acquired directly from AZ DPS.

He also claimed I needed his certificate, he literally just copied my CCW for me.

I was excited and trusted what I was told, point is DO YOUR RESEARCH so you don't overpay by 100 plus bucks!

FML
You may have been able to save on the prints but that wasn't a lot of money. The $100 fee was a rip off!!!!!!!
__________________
Mrs 38Special
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-07-2018, 8:03 PM
RobG's Avatar
RobG RobG is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Prietostan
Posts: 4,703
iTrader: 97 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarent View Post
Mailed AZ CCW application today....Used my CA CCW as proof. I really cant believe the turn times posted on here, WOW.

On a side note, I should have done some research before applying-

I was charged $21 per card at the local Mail Stop my instructor referred me to...f**K

AND my instructor that I took my CA CCW class charged me $100 for the AZ package which I now see can be acquired directly from AZ DPS.

He also claimed I needed his certificate, he literally just copied my CCW for me.

I was excited and trusted what I was told, point is DO YOUR RESEARCH so you don't overpay by 100 plus bucks!

FML
Sounds like you got hosed. The only thing you needed were the prints rolled. I paid 22 for both cards. Oh well, live and learn.
__________________
*PSE Archery* *Gold Tip Arrows* *Riptide Code Red* *Magnus Broadheads* *Scott Release* *Archery Shack bowstrings* *Trophy Ridge bow sights* *Bee Stinger* *Vortex Optics* *EXO Mountain*
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-08-2018, 7:20 AM
jarent jarent is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 24
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobG View Post
Sounds like you got hosed. The only thing you needed were the prints rolled. I paid 22 for both cards. Oh well, live and learn.
Subtle Brag
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-08-2018, 9:32 AM
RobG's Avatar
RobG RobG is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Prietostan
Posts: 4,703
iTrader: 97 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarent View Post
Subtle Brag
Not at all, didn't mean it to come out that way. Just relating what I paid. Now, to get AZ I used my UT which I had to take a class for since I didn't have any of the required training, 75.00. So in essence, it did cost a bit more than the 22 for prints.
__________________
*PSE Archery* *Gold Tip Arrows* *Riptide Code Red* *Magnus Broadheads* *Scott Release* *Archery Shack bowstrings* *Trophy Ridge bow sights* *Bee Stinger* *Vortex Optics* *EXO Mountain*
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-08-2018, 12:00 PM
jarent jarent is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 24
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobG View Post
Not at all, didn't mean it to come out that way. Just relating what I paid. Now, to get AZ I used my UT which I had to take a class for since I didn't have any of the required training, 75.00. So in essence, it did cost a bit more than the 22 for prints.
I was totally kidding with you, I'm thinking about doing my Utah now too.

I am going to take this opportunity to speak with my instructor...If he makes it right then great. If he doesn't, no more business or referrals to him. I just cancelled a private training with him to try and work it out.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-08-2018, 12:15 PM
RobG's Avatar
RobG RobG is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Prietostan
Posts: 4,703
iTrader: 97 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarent View Post
I was totally kidding with you, I'm thinking about doing my Utah now too.

I am going to take this opportunity to speak with my instructor...If he makes it right then great. If he doesn't, no more business or referrals to him. I just cancelled a private training with him to try and work it out.
Good deal. I saw you posted on Johns thread regarding UT. I took mine from him; good dude, straight forward, no BS.
__________________
*PSE Archery* *Gold Tip Arrows* *Riptide Code Red* *Magnus Broadheads* *Scott Release* *Archery Shack bowstrings* *Trophy Ridge bow sights* *Bee Stinger* *Vortex Optics* *EXO Mountain*
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-08-2018, 1:00 PM
jarent jarent is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 24
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobG View Post
Good deal. I saw you posted on Johns thread regarding UT. I took mine from him; good dude, straight forward, no BS.
That's great, thank you for the info. Looks like the 4 hour class is all classroom? No range time? is that correct?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-08-2018, 5:09 PM
RobG's Avatar
RobG RobG is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Prietostan
Posts: 4,703
iTrader: 97 / 100%
Default

UT does not require it but there is range time. He is looking for proficiency and will help if you need any.
__________________
*PSE Archery* *Gold Tip Arrows* *Riptide Code Red* *Magnus Broadheads* *Scott Release* *Archery Shack bowstrings* *Trophy Ridge bow sights* *Bee Stinger* *Vortex Optics* *EXO Mountain*
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-09-2018, 7:24 AM
jarent jarent is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 24
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobG View Post
UT does not require it but there is range time. He is looking for proficiency and will help if you need any.
Perfect, thank you!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-20-2018, 9:44 AM
vocoder vocoder is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 22
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Just wanted to drop my Arizona non-resident dates here.

Mailed application - 1/17/19
Approval Letter date - 2/14/19
Postmarked - 2/15/19
Received - 2/17/19

I mailed Utah the same day - they cashed my check on 1/31, but I haven't received anything yet.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-20-2018, 4:00 PM
Darklyte27's Avatar
Darklyte27 Darklyte27 is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: East Bay Area USI Range
Posts: 9,425
iTrader: 59 / 100%
Default

I should have had my renewal by now but mail was stolen on 1/5. Had to resend it 1/22
__________________
2 HANDGUNS STOLEN! 1 RECOVERED READ HERE

Chickens

Want to get into Ham Radio? Click here
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=202581

PM me Wouxun 2M radio 4 Sale
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-20-2018, 9:06 PM
RobG's Avatar
RobG RobG is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Prietostan
Posts: 4,703
iTrader: 97 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vocoder View Post
Just wanted to drop my Arizona non-resident dates here.

Mailed application - 1/17/19
Approval Letter date - 2/14/19
Postmarked - 2/15/19
Received - 2/17/19

I mailed Utah the same day - they cashed my check on 1/31, but I haven't received anything yet.
Nice. Mailed mine 1/23 so hopefully soon
__________________
*PSE Archery* *Gold Tip Arrows* *Riptide Code Red* *Magnus Broadheads* *Scott Release* *Archery Shack bowstrings* *Trophy Ridge bow sights* *Bee Stinger* *Vortex Optics* *EXO Mountain*
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-09-2018, 10:36 AM
lpspinner's Avatar
lpspinner lpspinner is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 1,139
iTrader: 94 / 99%
Default

My permit was issued Feb 28th and postmarked Mar 01.

I did mine on the cheap. Rolling was free, I used my CCW certificate of completion from my class in Las Vegas in 2002. So all I paid for was $60 plus postage.
__________________
Quote:
Some guys like their powder like their women, hot, cheap, dirty, that would be TiteGroup. -CocoBolo
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-09-2018, 12:31 PM
RobG's Avatar
RobG RobG is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Prietostan
Posts: 4,703
iTrader: 97 / 100%
Default

Mailed 1/23, issued 2/21, rec 2/26, so 35 days total
__________________
*PSE Archery* *Gold Tip Arrows* *Riptide Code Red* *Magnus Broadheads* *Scott Release* *Archery Shack bowstrings* *Trophy Ridge bow sights* *Bee Stinger* *Vortex Optics* *EXO Mountain*
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 3:12 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
Calguns.net and The Calguns Foundation have no affiliation and are in no way related to each other.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.