Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CALGUNS.NET > New to Calguns? Check here first!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

New to Calguns? Check here first! Introductions, How to's, FAQ's and posts of interest to new members.

Old 02-05-2018, 12:04 PM

Default Some information on Cow Mountain BLM Range!

For those with a Garmin...

39 7'57.54"N
123 6'6.37"W

The Rangers have been ticketing people shooting outside of the range. Evidently there is only one spot to shoot while on Cow Mountain, no shooting on South Cow (the OHV area) anywhere (4X4 course, or the little "range" near Scott's Creek). The local OHV clubs are pretty vocal about illegal target shooting in "their" area.

A friend of a friend got a ticket ($180.00?) for shooting at a turnout going up North Cow Mtn ~ the Rangers are out there!

Spoke to Ukiah BLM and they are cracking down because of the expense of clean up. :-(

The best time to shoot at the Target Range is mid-week, preferably in the mornings. Beware that on the weekends it is CRAZY up there...

Have fun and clean up your ****! :-)

Last edited by PublicLandsUZR; 02-05-2018 at 12:07 PM..
Old 02-06-2018, 10:11 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Welcome to Calguns!

Yes, the A-holes have ruined yet another BLM Shooting area. A Class C Motorhome was driven/thrashed just past the concrete water tank then burned along with a small compact car and a stolen Cadillac Escalade was driven over the bank and shot up in the same area. If stuff like that keeps happening, I wouldn't be surprised if the whole area including the Range gets closed down permanently...
Old 02-08-2018, 6:28 AM

The village idiots around Ukiah flow into the place from town on friday and the @#$%show starts.
I have seen several stolen rigs run out on the trails in south cow, then stripped and shot up or burned.

The caliber of human there on the weekends is amazing.
For every 1 normal guy ya get 2 of the above mentioned idiots.
Its amazing (thank god) that blm reopened it period.
Old 02-08-2018, 7:45 AM
I need a LIFE!!

welcome to the forum.
Old 02-13-2018, 9:44 PM

It's always been like that. The only designated area is the rifle range... I've seen people getting DUI"s. Arrested and crazy people shooting at trees. I been cleaning cow rifle range for 7 years. And there is a lot of people that do that. I got permission from the Ukiah BLM office to post signs to tell people to pack their trash. But they end using my signs for targets. There is a new person in charge of the BLM. I'm going to ask for approval to set more signs. ( no shovel / no bag? No shooting) people blem outsiders .. but I talk to people from the Bay Area and they treat cow like a private range With respect they clean after their selfs. You will surprise what you see. The guy with the bigger truck and hunter stickers in most cases are the ones making a mess. No offense. I hunt too.
Old 03-14-2018, 3:40 PM

The range has potential it just needs a little TLC from the public that use it! I ran into one of the local Rangers at a place he called Garbage Hill(?) - a turn off at the top of the hill before you drop down toward the range. He seemed frustrated because a local CCC crew had just cleaned up the site and now it was full of shot up TV's, a computer, and hundreds of shotgun shells. LOL, he did not look happy but we talked guns (showed him my new Glock) and that seemed to cheer him up! Guess he is use to talking to a different caliber of person? I wished him luck and went out to the range with a couple boxes of .40 cal and all was right with the world again...

Last edited by PublicLandsUZR; 03-14-2018 at 3:47 PM..
Old 03-15-2018, 9:54 AM
CGN Contributor

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting that.

Here I am.

"I'm for Hoffa until they pat my face with a shovel and steal my cufflinks." Frank Sheerin
Old 04-02-2018, 6:48 PM

I was just up there last Wednesday ... range was clean......someone stain the benches. Looks good