Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 12-27-2017, 9:18 AM
Calguns Addict
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sousuke View Post
IMO there are two types of CA democrats. Ones who want to curtail gun rights "for the greater good" and ones who want to curtail gun rights to get elected.

Newsom fits in the second category. He doesn't actually care what happens to gun rights, he just wants to be seen as "doing something" to get elected and climb the ladder in the party.
Nope, unfortunately that's not a correct reading of Newsom. Because of a personal tragedy in his past, he really really really hates guns.

Quote:
The November ballot measure aimed at clamping down on the sale of bullets in California can trace its genesis to one grisly death 43 years ago at a dining room table in Stinson Beach.

That table is where Gavin Newsom’s grandfather shot himself to death in front of the future lieutenant governor’s mother and aunt. Arthur Menzies had endured the Bataan Death March as a World War II prisoner, and apparently was never able to shed the anguish.

“My grandfather committed suicide, but not before putting his daughter — my mother — and her twin against the fireplace and saying he was going to blow their brains out,” Newsom said. “That’s how I grew up. That’s how I found out about guns."

“I can’t stand ’em."

http://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/a...to-9308473.php
As for banning featureless rifles, the California Legislature passed a law that would do that - SB 374 - in 2013, but Gov. Brown vetoed it.

Quote:
SB 374, Steinberg. Firearms: assault weapons.

Existing law regulates the sale, carrying, and control of firearms, including assault weapons, and requires assault weapons to be registered with the Department of Justice. Violation of these provisions is a crime. Existing law defines a semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and other specified features, and a semiautomatic weapon that has a fixed magazine with a capacity to accept 10 or more rounds as an assault weapon.

This bill would, instead, classify a semiautomatic centerfire rifle that does not have a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept no more than 10 rounds as an assault weapon. The bill would require a person who, between January 1, 2001, and December 31, 2013, inclusive, lawfully possessed an assault weapon that does not have a fixed magazine, including those weapons with an ammunition feeding device that can be removed readily from the firearm with the use of a tool, and who, on or after January 1, 2014, possesses that firearm, to register the firearm by July 1, 2015. By expanding the definition of a crime, this bill would impose a state-mandated local program.

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/f...201320140SB374
I would not be surprised if they passed a similar law again, and this time Gov. Newsom will make a big deal about signing it.

Then with great fanfare CGF or someone will announce that a lawsuit challenging the law has been filed, that will take years to work its way through the courts until the 9th Circuit inevitably finds in favor of the State of California.

Quote:
pistol noun pis·tol \ˈpi-stəl\

1: a handgun whose chamber is integral with the barrel
I'm happy to help people who have specific questions, but I ignore threads that begin with the command "school me".

Old 12-27-2017, 9:43 AM
Veteran Member

Yup. Newsom is much more dangerous because he has a personal vendetta against gun rights. It's not just about getting votes for him.
Old 12-27-2017, 9:58 AM
Calguns Addict

And this is why I've decided that any semi's purchased post 2014 will likely be registered as AWs.

If they go after NONRAWs again, I will just send those lowers out of state.
Old 12-28-2017, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcwatchdog View Post
I wish people would stop bringing up the whole SKS issue. That was a unique situation. SKSs were allowed to be registered, some people didn't register them, and there was an extension period that was later disallowed, and those people who registered during the disallowed registration period had to turn them in. Basically, it was their fault for not registering in the first place. The people who did register them during the specific time, still have them to this day.
This.

DOJ confused folks and indicated that some SKS DOES not need to be registered because it does not have a detachable mag, but later changed that opinion and named all SKS rifle to be AW. So DOJ extended the registration period for those SKS owners that did not register within the time frame. However, anti sued and indicated correctly that DOJ did not have the legal authority to extend the registration period, only the legislature body can do that. So those folks who registered in the "extended" period got screwed and held a self declared illegal rifle. NO ONE was persecuted, and if I remember correctly, money was actually paid for the rifles turned in to avoid a "taking".

So confiscation? No, it never happened on registered AW.
Old 01-03-2018, 1:22 PM

The bickering over registering or going featureless is a useless endeavor. People who register are no more insulated from the antis as those who enjoy using their rifles featureless. And as a neutral party reading this thread, the "registration" crowd seems just as fanatical as the antis to me. The reality is that NO semi-auto rifle is safe going forward.

Governor Brown had a history of supporting gradual change to achieve a Marxist utopia, in order to give the courts time to sort out and legitimize his leftist policies. He wants guns gone, but wants it done slowly so it is gradually legalized and accepted as the new norm.

Gavin Newson DOES NOT do the gradual change thing, he will go after ALL semi-auto rifles, and do it without delay regardless of how much of a legal risk it is. He will not play around with rifle configurations, or lists, or magazine capacities, or bullet buttons. He will go straight for the proverbial "kill shot", and try to rid the state of semi-auto rifles. He will treat all legislation like this, not just guns. He will do regardless of what the SCOTUS thinks. He has lived his life above the law and will not change just because we want him to.

Comparing Brown to Newsome is like comparing Marxism to Leninism. Brown favored a gradual and peaceful evolution to communism, Newsome will do it by force without delay.
Old 01-03-2018, 1:28 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by desert dog View Post
He will go straight for the proverbial "kill shot", and try to rid the state of semi-auto rifles.
And he won't stop there. He will always try to ban the "most dangerous" weapon. Next is semi-auto pistols, then revolvers, then bolt action rifles, then .22lr, then pellet guns, then painball guns, then airsoft, then knives.

There will always be a "most dangerous" weapon that must be banned at all costs.

"“[S]cientific proof” of both gun-rights and gun-control theories “is very hard to get”; therefore, requiring “some substantial scientific proof to show that a [firearm] law will indeed substantially reduce crime and injury” is tantamount to applying strict scrutiny to, and almost certainly will lead to invalidation of, the law." - Kamela Harris

Lawyers and their Stockholm Syndrome
Old 01-03-2018, 1:59 PM

IF it comes, it will come in stages. First, as law now stands, they want all firearms registered. Second, they will move to classify all semiauto rifles as "assault weapons." Then and only then will they try to ban them--because then they know where to go looking for them. On the other hand, I think that SCOTUS, notwithstanding its denial of review in the Maryland AR ban case (which actually still allows featureless rifles) will look askance at a law banning Garands and M1 Carbines that have been legally distributed by the US Government and collected throughout the country for decades, as well as any law seeking to ban semiauto handguns that exist in the tens of millions across the country. That court has already ruled that a complete ban on the possession of handguns violates the Second Amendment, and that is not something a reconstituted court is likely to later change.
Old 01-03-2018, 3:47 PM

Well, I'm selling everything before they are seized and I lose my total investment. It's just a matter of time. And now Jackie Speier is planning on running for the Governor's seat. Remember when she was shot 5 times at Johnstown (Rev Jim Jones mass execution and suicide) and waited 22 hours for help to arrive? Newscum might not like guns but 67 year old Jackie has real reason to hate them.
"I did, after all, have weapons. And I liked to shoot them -- especially at night, when the great blue flame would leap out, along with all that noise ... and, yes, the bullets, too. We couldn't ignore that. Big balls of lead/alloy flying around the valley at speeds up to 3700 feet per second...." -Hunter S. Thompson
Old 01-03-2018, 5:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruOil View Post
IF it comes, it will come in stages. First, as law now stands, they want all firearms registered. Second, they will move to classify all semiauto rifles as "assault weapons." Then and only then will they try to ban them--because then they know where to go looking for them. On the other hand, I think that SCOTUS, notwithstanding its denial of review in the Maryland AR ban case (which actually still allows featureless rifles) will look askance at a law banning Garands and M1 Carbines that have been legally distributed by the US Government and collected throughout the country for decades, as well as any law seeking to ban semiauto handguns that exist in the tens of millions across the country. That court has already ruled that a complete ban on the possession of handguns violates the Second Amendment, and that is not something a reconstituted court is likely to later change.
I remember the arguments on there about voting for Brown (pile of shiz), and how it will not be that bad. I wish I could find some of the old threads to throw this crap in their face!!! Idiots in this state plain idiots! And sad part is some are firearm owners!!

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg48/winxp_man/MeShooting-1.jpg
Old 01-03-2018, 5:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperFi1775 View Post
fact is there had been plenty of uprisings or revolts since 1776, and they all failed miserably for those that took up arms against the US...

just ask native Americans, blacks and southerners, etc..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._United_States
The issue is like the movie "The Debt." In it the Doctor tells he Jewish mossad peeps how in all the bullshiz they could not coordinate to take down one officer that would guard hundred of prisoners. They where all afraid of losing their lives yet they still lost so many!

As for natives sorry but all of America was hell bent on suppressing them!

The blacks one word minority.

The southerners didtn't bring up the true cause as to why they were fighting. The Abe excuse in the end was "free blackman."

Out of all the firearm owners in the US trust me the .Gov would not want to start shiz! But libs seem hell bend on starting it!

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg48/winxp_man/MeShooting-1.jpg
Old 01-03-2018, 5:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiese View Post
A 'featureless' rifle is a normal ordinary semiauto centerfire rifle - M1A, Mini14, Garand, SKS, Saiga, Browning BAR (Hunting style), etc.

The enemy realizes they can't go directly against 'plain' rifles - yet.

That's why they're doing creeping incrementalism.
I have a feeling it's only going to take them 5 years or less to outright ban semi-auto rifles. They went bold in 2016 with ammo and passed with flying colors. I'm convinced many in CA won't care if we are restricted to manually operated rifles.
Old 01-03-2018, 5:31 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by baekacaek View Post
I have a feeling it's only going to take them 5 years or less to outright ban semi-auto rifles. They went bold in 2016 with ammo and passed with flying colors. I'm convinced many in CA won't care if we are restricted to manually operated rifles.
You mean high powered military grade sniper rifles? You really think they'll allow those killing machines?

When did I go from being a "citizen" to a "taxpayer"?

Jon Lovitz: ‘I can’t wait to go to a hospital run by the DMV!’

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestryll View Post
Dude went full CNN...
Old 01-03-2018, 5:33 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by baekacaek View Post
I'm convinced many in CA won't care if we are restricted to manually operated rifles.
Joe and Jane Public don't even know the difference between semi and full auto.

All they need to do it hold a press conference and have some DOJ puppet start regurgitating some false info describing a semi auto as capable of high rates of fire (vegas). This will cause an emotional hashtag wave storm and before we know it, we are arguing with ifilef about being in possession of unregistered assault weapons because of circular logic his colleagues wrote in the regulations.
Old 01-04-2018, 8:46 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Grandfathering will be included if a future ban is enacted. Better get it now.
Old 01-04-2018, 5:52 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milsurp Collector View Post
Nope, unfortunately that's not a correct reading of Newsom. Because of a personal tragedy in his past, he really really really hates guns.

Quote:
The November ballot measure aimed at clamping down on the sale of bullets in California can trace its genesis to one grisly death 43 years ago at a dining room table in Stinson Beach.

That table is where Gavin Newsom’s grandfather shot himself to death in front of the future lieutenant governor’s mother and aunt. Arthur Menzies had endured the Bataan Death March as a World War II prisoner, and apparently was never able to shed the anguish.

“My grandfather committed suicide, but not before putting his daughter — my mother — and her twin against the fireplace and saying he was going to blow their brains out,” Newsom said. “That’s how I grew up. That’s how I found out about guns."

“I can’t stand ’em."

http://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/a...to-9308473.php

As for banning featureless rifles, the California Legislature passed a law that would do that - SB 374 - in 2013, but Gov. Brown vetoed it.

Quote:
SB 374, Steinberg. Firearms: assault weapons.

Existing law regulates the sale, carrying, and control of firearms, including assault weapons, and requires assault weapons to be registered with the Department of Justice. Violation of these provisions is a crime. Existing law defines a semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and other specified features, and a semiautomatic weapon that has a fixed magazine with a capacity to accept 10 or more rounds as an assault weapon.

This bill would, instead, classify a semiautomatic centerfire rifle that does not have a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept no more than 10 rounds as an assault weapon. The bill would require a person who, between January 1, 2001, and December 31, 2013, inclusive, lawfully possessed an assault weapon that does not have a fixed magazine, including those weapons with an ammunition feeding device that can be removed readily from the firearm with the use of a tool, and who, on or after January 1, 2014, possesses that firearm, to register the firearm by July 1, 2015. By expanding the definition of a crime, this bill would impose a state-mandated local program.

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/f...201320140SB374
I would not be surprised if they passed a similar law again, and this time Gov. Newsom will make a big deal about signing it.

Then with great fanfare CGF or someone will announce that a lawsuit challenging the law has been filed, that will take years to work its way through the courts until the 9th Circuit inevitably finds in favor of the State of California.
I completely agree. This bill will be back. IMO this is ready to go the minute he wins. On his first day or first 6 months this bill will be passed and signed into law with great fanfare.
The Democrats are salivating over him winning. Because they know he will sign every single gun legislation they send to him. It will be a s**tshow of it.

It's over when that fool gets in.

Thank your neighbor and fellow gun owners for passing Prop 63. For that gun control is a winning legislative agenda.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
NRA Life Member.
Old 01-04-2018, 6:06 PM

Don't let him win, then. Vote for Travis Allen and be done with crazy Sacramento.
Old 01-04-2018, 7:49 PM

"Will featureless be outlawed with no recourse?"

We will find out at the end of the year.
Old 01-04-2018, 8:39 PM

If Newsom cant stand guns, is he protected by them?

Last edited by JeffC; 01-04-2018 at 8:42 PM..
Old 01-04-2018, 9:25 PM

The people on Calguns who keep saying Gavin is a lock for governor remind me of the people who go to Vegas and say they have a certain amount of money to lose instead of saying they are going to Vegas to double their money , I know the odds of doubling your money in Vegas are slim and the odds of Gavin winning are like a 1 to 9 favorite at Santa Anita race track but there’s that chance that the favorite tumbles at the gate and the jockey falls off ! There’s a chance he loses how ever small that chance is .
Old problems are like dry poop, if you let the dry poop sit it doesn't smell but the minute you decide to stir the poop with a stick, the smell comes back. Moral of the story, Don't bring up old problems!
Old 01-04-2018, 10:01 PM
NRA Member, CRPA Member,
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaka View Post
The people on Calguns who keep saying Gavin is a lock for governor remind me of the people who go to Vegas and say they have a certain amount of money to lose instead of saying they are going to Vegas to double their money-
If you’re playing house games, saying you’re going to Vegas to double your money is not in touch with reality.
Old 01-04-2018, 10:07 PM

In an fwiw post.
Cbs. hawaii 5oh... just showed an m4 on full auto, cop says perps have" semi auto weapons"
The useful idiot training channel.
So Sacramento will do whatever they want and the media will set the tone for the other side.

Last edited by clb; 01-04-2018 at 10:30 PM..
Old 01-04-2018, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by champu View Post
If you’re playing house games, saying you’re going to Vegas to double your money is not in touch with reality.
The analogy of Vegas is people already succumb to losing before it even happens . I know the odds are against you the minute you leave your house but to say Gavin is a lock is like saying Hillary was a lock too . There’s that chance that he loses how ever slim the margin might be . On top of that why stroke his ego ? What if he reads these threads on Calguns? He probably reads them and says look at how I have the gun community shaking scared . It probably makes his day to know Calguns has anointed him already .
Old problems are like dry poop, if you let the dry poop sit it doesn't smell but the minute you decide to stir the poop with a stick, the smell comes back. Moral of the story, Don't bring up old problems!
Old 01-04-2018, 10:23 PM
Veteran Member

I know I'm late to this thread but, yes without a doubt.
Old 01-04-2018, 11:53 PM
NRA Member, CRPA Member,
CGN Contributor

Quote:
but to say Gavin is a lock is like saying Hillary was a lock too.
That’s probably a better analogy.

I think the way you beat Gavin is to ghost him on his relatableness being an act. I’ve listened to several interviews and he’s a smooth-talking, staunchly opinionated ***, and is dismissive of other peoples’ opinions.
Old 01-05-2018, 1:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffC View Post
If Newsom cant stand guns, is he protected by them?
Yep, only the best, Raymond “Shrimp Boy” Chow!

"I did, after all, have weapons. And I liked to shoot them -- especially at night, when the great blue flame would leap out, along with all that noise ... and, yes, the bullets, too. We couldn't ignore that. Big balls of lead/alloy flying around the valley at speeds up to 3700 feet per second...." -Hunter S. Thompson
Old 01-05-2018, 8:48 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milsurp Collector View Post
Bullplop. He loves guns. He's surrounded by armed guards and police security.

He hates gun OWNERS. The man is a bigot.
Old 01-05-2018, 9:01 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Cultural Marxism which is preached in the public Universities demands that all Firearms be removed from Society for the betterment of all. It is their utopian message, the US Constitution be damed. Totalitarianism exists on both the far Right and Left.

Only Arizona seems to be taking steps to give the Marxists the finger.
"The California matrix of gun control laws is among the harshest in the nation and are filled with criminal law traps for people of common intelligence who desire to obey the law." - U.S. District Judge Roger T. Benitez
Old 01-05-2018, 9:03 AM

Someone should set up a gun locker business in NV and AZ, store your Cali illegal guns here.
Old 01-05-2018, 9:18 AM
I need a LIFE!!

They already have. They are called public storage units. Everytown has them.

Soon you will see those "last chance for gas" signs replaced with "last chance for ammo" signs at the borders.
Old 01-05-2018, 9:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi Jah View Post
They already have. They are called public storage units. Everytown has them.

Soon you will see those "last chance for gas" signs replaced with "last chance for ammo" signs at the borders.
I looked into storing some stuff once and the place had a rule "no firearms or ammo".

I wonder if insuring a storage locker like the ones you are referring to is possible.
Old 01-05-2018, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limeman View Post
Don't let him win, then. Vote for Travis Allen and be done with crazy Sacramento.
Oh, is he that write-in candidate?
Old 01-05-2018, 12:13 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limeman View Post
Great plan. If 20 people in the entire state vote.

Quote:
Dude went full CNN...
Old 01-05-2018, 3:48 PM

Quote:
The analogy of Vegas is people already succumb to losing before it even happens . I know the odds are against you the minute you leave your house but to say Gavin is a lock is like saying Hillary was a lock too . There’s that chance that he loses how ever slim the margin might be . On top of that why stroke his ego ? What if he reads these threads on Calguns? He probably reads them and says look at how I have the gun community shaking scared . It probably makes his day to know Calguns has anointed him already .
I highly doubt Gavin Newsom pays attention to Calguns

Comparing Newsom with the Hillary run is like apples to rocks, foolish to compare the two. Hillary beat Trump in this state by a margin of 2 to1 votes, one of the highest of the 50 states. And CA voter turnout last November was the highest in the last 10 years.

Newsom is not running for national office, he is running for office in the most liberal state in the union.

"You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crockett
Old 01-05-2018, 4:37 PM

California needs it's own Donald trump and the last chance to get one will be the next election if a united front is put up against Newsom and past pictures and facts are used. How many legislators and public appointed officials have been grandfathered by law CCW permits? How many have armed security paid for by the taxpayer? use this against Newsom. Use his personal tragedy against him to show prejudice and any statements he made in the past against self defense or the right to own weapons. And start doing it now and not at the last minute before voting. newsom will start looking around once he is being attacked for his past. Ask the public how they feel about being unable to own a gun and then have a criminal with an illegal gun breaking in to the house bent on eliminating witnesses and when the family calls the police they are put on hold. By the time the cops arrive the family is dead. Is this what families want in california? are they willing to risk their families and even the neighbors cannot help because they are bared fro owning a gun. something to think about.
Old 01-05-2018, 5:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddball View Post

Comparing Newsom with the Hillary run is like apples to rocks, foolish to compare the two. Hillary beat Trump in this state by a margin of 2 to1 votes, one of the highest of the 50 states. And CA voter turnout last November was the highest in the last 10 years.

Newsom is not running for national office, he is running for office in the most liberal state in the union.
I didn’t say a Republican would win did I ? I hate to tell this but Antonio Villaragosa is going to play the Latino factor in the governors race . And you’d be surprised who follows Calguns . Pick your poison
Old 01-05-2018, 5:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddball View Post

Cruz bustamante almost pulled it off against Arnold with the Latino card Antonio Villaragosa has a Spanish news Channel behind him . He’s going to play the first Mexican Governor of California since California was admitted to the United States . And the Latino invasion persuasion will lead the way for him.
Old 01-05-2018, 5:41 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
I didn’t say a Republican would win did I ? I hate to tell this but Antonio Villaragosa is going to play the Latino factor in the governors race . And you’d be surprised who follows Calguns . Pick your poison
Why does anybody think Newsome's past bad behavior will in ANY way impact votes in California? They don't care. He could be caught on camera buggering a baby harp seal while killing a transsexual illegal alien and the ONLY thing the overwhelming majority of voters will see is the (D) after his name.

Quote:
Dude went full CNN...
Old 01-05-2018, 9:04 PM

Newsom is literally Patrick Bateman.
Old 01-05-2018, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris View Post
I completely agree. This bill will be back. IMO this is ready to go the minute he wins. On his first day or first 6 months this bill will be passed and signed into law with great fanfare.
The Democrats are salivating over him winning. Because they know he will sign every single gun legislation they send to him. It will be a s**tshow of it.

It's over when that fool gets in.
All things considered, his gun bias seems to a secondary effect from personal emotional trauma. People in this mental condition are hardly fit to govern anyone regardless of how justified he considers the anti movement. I'm baffled how anyone trusts this man, he seems quite unstable.
Old 01-05-2018, 10:49 PM
Low-Functioning Genius
CGN Contributor

He blames the gun? A strange point of view, I would blame the untreated PTSD and general ambivalence to WW2 vets until recently. Vets in general until about 20 years ago were treated about the same as when they returned from Vietnam- that is disrespect and no concept of treating mental illnesses associated with combat and service.

I doubt anyone who is anti-gun has any real investment in hating an inanimate object. I am sure alcohol was involved with Newsom's situation, yet he does not blame that object? Just a convenient story to pander to his base and attack conservatives philosophically and economically.

He's a punk neo-liberal corporatist at heart, having had it all served to him on a silver platter. Has he championed anything even remotely pertaining to the VA or Veterans in general? No, it's the guns fault.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMACA_MFG View Post
Not checkers, not chess, its Jenga.
"The California matrix of gun control laws is among the harshest in the nation and are filled with criminal law traps for people of common intelligence who desire to obey the law." - U.S. District Judge Roger T. Benitez