Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Old 01-02-2018, 5:20 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdfthetech View Post
I see your point, but would have to suggest the companies could make the argument that the laws were too onerous to comply.
Not for revolvers. No microstamping or LCI or magazine disconnect safety are required for revolvers. It isn't any harder to certify a revolver now than when the roster first started, and many have been certified. If manufacturers pull their revolvers off of the roster California would just say that's not our decision, they are welcome back anytime they want.

Quote:
Either way, the laws are completely unconstitutional.
Well so far no one has been able to convince a court of that. See http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=812117

Don't get me wrong. I'm not defending the roster, I think it sucks. I'm just challenging the often-repeated idea here that if all the manufacturers pulled their handguns including revolvers off the roster and the roster went to zero, then it would be easy to declare it unconstitutional. Not necessarily.

Quote:
pistol noun pis·tol \ˈpi-stəl\

1: a handgun whose chamber is integral with the barrel
I'm happy to help people who have specific questions, but I ignore threads that begin with the command "school me".

Old 01-02-2018, 7:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milsurp Collector View Post
Not for revolvers. No microstamping or LCI or magazine disconnect safety are required for revolvers. It isn't any harder to certify a revolver now than when the roster first started, and many have been certified. If manufacturers pull their revolvers off of the roster California would just say that's not our decision, they are welcome back anytime they want.

Well so far no one has been able to convince a court of that. See http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=812117

Don't get me wrong. I'm not defending the roster, I think it sucks. I'm just challenging the often-repeated idea here that if all the manufacturers pulled their handguns including revolvers off the roster and the roster went to zero, then it would be easy to declare it unconstitutional. Not necessarily.
I completely agree with you on the point of items going to 0 and no roster. I was trying to make a point that all companies would have had to do it the minute it was created. I think legally it can be proven it's not completely impossible now since they've succeeded, now new designs will be another matter entirely.
Old 01-03-2018, 1:05 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Old 01-03-2018, 5:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo2112 View Post
Support companies that support the Second Amendment.

Buy the SIG.
Have all you anti Springfield Armory guys dumped your Rugers?
Old 01-03-2018, 8:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakerloo View Post
Have all you anti Springfield Armory guys dumped your Rugers?
Bill Ruger was responsible for their anti-2A postions. He retired in 2000 and died in 2002. Ruger has new management since then.

Springfield Armory CEO Dennis Reese is responsible for their anti-2A postions and the fiasco with SB-1657. He is still CEO.

Last edited by boo2112; 01-03-2018 at 9:10 AM..
Old 01-03-2018, 9:02 AM
Kitchen Operator
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanz2 View Post
Instead of spending your hard-earned money on an anti-gun company, why not buy the real Sig 238? The Sig is on the CA Roster

That Sig P238HD is an AWESOME little gun - my favorite 380 by a mile.
Old 01-03-2018, 9:49 AM

Quote:
It's not hearsay and there are plenty of specifics. You just need to educate yourself and read the links posted in the thread.
Yup. Plenty of sources to fact check. SA can kiss my posterior. Use to be a SA fan. They do not deserve my business.
Old 01-03-2018, 10:31 AM
Veteran Member

Not buying either, but I'll admit SA looks a lot better than Sig 1911 style 380
Old 01-03-2018, 11:14 AM

Default SOOO

If we are to avoid Rock Island and Springfield for their campaign contribution then shouldn't every member of PERS, CA Teachers Union, Nurses Unions, Prison Guards' union in CA be shunned for supporting nearly ever democrat in the state assembly and state senate? Not too mention Gun Grabbing Gavin?

Guess I'm biased since the only HG I have is a Springfield. I don't like the .380 though and 45 in such a small gun would be a real tough gun for me to handle.

Quote:
so this article states they paid a lobbying firm in an attempt to get in a back door to a politician in IL who was anti-gun. It doesn't state intent, nor does it explain anything about what this lobbying was used for. Did they lobby specifically for anti gun legislation? Did they attempt to change his mind? Was this a rogue lobbyist that wasn't really doing what the company wanted?

There are a lot of unanswered questions and this articles bias makes it difficult to know the intent of these expenses.

Have you further information from reputable sources on this? I've dug and dug and cant find specifics.
Old 01-03-2018, 1:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harbormaster View Post
If we are to avoid Rock Island and Springfield for their campaign contribution then shouldn't every member of PERS, CA Teachers Union, Nurses Unions, Prison Guards' union in CA be shunned for supporting nearly ever democrat in the state assembly and state senate? Not too mention Gun Grabbing Gavin?
Do you shun anti-2A Democrats and instead vote for pro-2A Republicans?

If so, you should likewise shun anti-2A Springfield Armory and instead support pro-2A gun manufacturers.

Edit: Any by the way, it is "Rock River Arms" that should also be shunned, and NOT "Rock Island Armory".
Despite the similarity in name, Rock Island Armory is not the same company as Rock River Arms, and the two entities have no association with one another.
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...ck-river-arms/

Last edited by boo2112; 01-03-2018 at 3:06 PM..
Old 01-03-2018, 3:33 PM

Default silliness

I just find it silly that we're trying to talk about a gun and someone is bent on two donations to anit-gun zealots while every public employee in CA donates dues to anti 2a politicians. Who knows what Springfield and RIA thought they might get with that donation. You never know what they might have accomplished; perhaps they kept a market open, maybe the kept things from getting worse, who knows. All I know is that every public employee union member in CA buys and pays for a rabid anti 2a legislature in this state - no one is ostracizing them like they are Springfield and RIA.

Quote:
Do you shun anti-2A Democrats and instead vote for pro-2A Republicans?

If so, you should likewise shun anti-2A Springfield Armory and instead support pro-2A gun manufacturers.

Edit: Any by the way, it is "Rock River Arms" that should also be shunned, and NOT "Rock Island Armory".
Despite the similarity in name, Rock Island Armory is not the same company as Rock River Arms, and the two entities have no association with one another.
Old 01-03-2018, 3:37 PM

Quote:

Guess I'm biased since the only HG I have is a Springfield. I don't like the .380 though and 45 in such a small gun would be a real tough gun for me to handle.
Got news for you... Not every member of PERS supports the democrats. Far, far from it. My former agency was maybe, maybe 30% democrat. But this is off the topic and deserves to be in one of the many PERS bashing threads. Sorry OP felt it was necessary to correct the misinformed.

And how do you shun someone that was forced to be in a union??? Start another thread dude.
Old 01-03-2018, 3:44 PM

Quote:
Who knows what Springfield and RIA thought they might get with that donation. You never know what they might have accomplished; perhaps they kept a market open, maybe the kept things from getting worse, who knows. All I know is that every public employee union member in CA buys and pays for a rabid anti 2a legislature in this state - no one is ostracizing them like they are Springfield and RIA.
It isn't RIA. Please educate yourself and read my post:

It is Rock River Arms, NOT Rock Island Armory / RIA.

Old 01-03-2018, 3:47 PM

Wink my bad sorry

Sorry didn't see that; I was trying to find out more about the Springfield clone of the little Sig 380.

Quote:
It isn't RIA. Please educate yourself and read my post:

It is Rock River Arms, NOT Rock Island Armory / RIA.