Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Commercial Sales > New Product Announcements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

New Product Announcements Vendors, share information about your newest products. Only CGN Vendors can start threads in this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 12-14-2017, 3:22 AM
Pranqster Pranqster is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 24
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Waiting for somebody (with more $$$ than me) to compare this to the resurgent arms and Liberal grips that have a more perpendicular frontstrap. Pretty please....

Liberal:


Resurgent:


Sparrow:

Last edited by Pranqster; 12-14-2017 at 3:26 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 12-15-2017, 5:36 PM
chrish4ku's Avatar
chrish4ku chrish4ku is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 35
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Order placed - I am going to use some tennis racket grip wrap over my castle nut to ensure no scrapy the knuckle...

Thanks!
__________________
Alarmed and Dangerous
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 12-16-2017, 7:58 AM
Sparrow Dynamics's Avatar
Sparrow Dynamics Sparrow Dynamics is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Shingle Springs, CA
Posts: 438
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranqster View Post
Waiting for somebody (with more $$$ than me) to compare this to the resurgent arms and Liberal grips that have a more perpendicular frontstrap. Pretty please....
.......
Hi Pranqster, there have already been a couple of great reviews, and a few comparison comments within full reviews and quick posts... if you do a search for Sparrow Dynamics you can find them.

BUT, keep in mind everyone’s hands are very different, and what grip (grip angle, size, shape, etc.) might be perfect for someone else might not be good for you. These are all good choices because they look good, they’re affordable, and help you not register. I encourage you to do that search and read over what is out there so far (it should be a little helpful). Hopefully you can find what you are looking for.

We are running a sale right now and you can still get ours in time for Christmas. Maybe that will help a little.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 12-16-2017, 8:07 AM
Sparrow Dynamics's Avatar
Sparrow Dynamics Sparrow Dynamics is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Shingle Springs, CA
Posts: 438
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrish4ku View Post
Order placed - I am going to use some tennis racket grip wrap over my castle nut to ensure no scrapy the knuckle...

Thanks!
That could be a really good solution. I’m looking into something else similar to that also. But, you may only need this if you have what are lovingly referred to as “sausage fingers”.
I have average sized hands and find that I don’t have any rubbing issue.

Thanks for the order! Please let us know how you like it.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 12-18-2017, 10:24 PM
Sparrow Dynamics's Avatar
Sparrow Dynamics Sparrow Dynamics is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Shingle Springs, CA
Posts: 438
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Just a friendly reminder. Order by Tuesday to receive it before Christmas.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 12-19-2017, 3:30 PM
jingerale jingerale is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 1,987
iTrader: 28 / 100%
Default

ordered 1. don't really need it, but perhaps this will change my mind and replace the thordsens.
__________________
Don't have Activejunky yet? Use this, we both get $10.
https://www.activejunky.com/invite/187782
Swagbucks, we both get $3.
http://www.swagbucks.com/p/register?rb=16618665
What about Ebates? click below
https://www.ebates.com/r/CEECEE318?eeid=28187
Lemoney referral link
http://www.lemoney.com/i/jin-rewards...8f24fc1c4ccc17
BeFrugal referral link
https://www.befrugal.com/referral/?ref=PBPSEAE&s=5
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 12-19-2017, 3:44 PM
Sparrow Dynamics's Avatar
Sparrow Dynamics Sparrow Dynamics is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Shingle Springs, CA
Posts: 438
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingerale View Post
ordered 1. don't really need it, but perhaps this will change my mind and replace the thordsens.
The Thordsen is a great product, but I think you'll find that our grip fills your hand a bit nicer. I hope you like it, and thanks for the order! And thanks for giving us a try even though you didn't need to.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 12-19-2017, 5:56 PM
C.W.M.V. C.W.M.V. is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,670
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingerale View Post
ordered 1. don't really need it, but perhaps this will change my mind and replace the thordsens.
I prefer this to the original thordsden.
I found the grip of the thordsden very narrow, too thin to grasp really well. I can’t speak for the latest gen.

The S.D. Grip fits my hand like it was custom made.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 12-20-2017, 12:35 PM
Sparrow Dynamics's Avatar
Sparrow Dynamics Sparrow Dynamics is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Shingle Springs, CA
Posts: 438
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911RONIN View Post


I haven’t tested it yet, but I like it better than all of the other options at this point.
That looks awesome! Thanks for posting that photo. Have you had any chance to try it out? Does the QD endplate get in your way? We are thinking of making a rounded edge endplate. I haven't been to the range lately, so I need to live vicariously through others. LOL!
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 12-21-2017, 5:36 PM
chrish4ku's Avatar
chrish4ku chrish4ku is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 35
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I like it - a lot

Just got mine the other day. I can still get to the regular safety and I am using the Magpul MOE stock. I just drilled and put a screw into the under area so that now the stock is no way adjustable unless I use tools to remove during cleaning/disassembly.

I will have to remove the single point sling plate and go back to the standard plate. It hits my thumb knuckle.



__________________
Alarmed and Dangerous
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 12-29-2017, 11:54 AM
trhallmark trhallmark is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default Satisfied Customer

Just installed Sparrow Dynamic grips on several of my rifles. They are perfect in fit and finish. The colors match my lowers perfectly, including the FDE. These grips are certainly a top choice in maintaining compliance in CA.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 12-29-2017, 12:28 PM
Sparrow Dynamics's Avatar
Sparrow Dynamics Sparrow Dynamics is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Shingle Springs, CA
Posts: 438
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trhallmark View Post
Just installed Sparrow Dynamic grips on several of my rifles. They are perfect in fit and finish. The colors match my lowers perfectly, including the FDE. These grips are certainly a top choice in maintaining compliance in CA.
Glad to hear it! Thank you.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 12-31-2017, 10:20 AM
Wicked K5's Avatar
Wicked K5 Wicked K5 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hollister, NorCal
Posts: 786
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Any New Years coupon codes going on? With the hustle and bustle of the holidays, I missed out on the pre Christmas sale
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 12-31-2017, 12:09 PM
Sparrow Dynamics's Avatar
Sparrow Dynamics Sparrow Dynamics is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Shingle Springs, CA
Posts: 438
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked K5 View Post
Any New Years coupon codes going on? With the hustle and bustle of the holidays, I missed out on the pre Christmas sale
This is the post about the New Years deal.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...arrow+Dynamics

No coupon codes. Now is the best time to buy if you are looking for the lowest price. Free shipping when you spend $85 or more. 3 grips will get you there, or one grip and a safety.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 01-05-2018, 4:44 PM
Sparrow Dynamics's Avatar
Sparrow Dynamics Sparrow Dynamics is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Shingle Springs, CA
Posts: 438
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

The inside scoop...
Price adjustment is planned for Monday. Have a great weekend! Get out and shoot.

Also, if anyone out there has a grip and likes it, please post a photo here or in the featureless rifles thread. We also appreciate all the kind comments we've been getting via email and chats. Thanks!!!

Last edited by Sparrow Dynamics; 01-05-2018 at 4:49 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 01-09-2018, 7:27 AM
Mute's Avatar
Mute Mute is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Diamond Bar
Posts: 6,536
iTrader: 37 / 100%
Default

Have you guys considered developing a grip for the FN SCAR rifles? I think it's doable.
__________________
NRA Patron Life Member
NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle & Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

American Marksman Training Group, LLC
Visit our American Marksman Facebook Page
Diamond Bar CCW Facebook Page


Discounted NRA Membership Sign Up
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 01-09-2018, 8:31 AM
Sparrow Dynamics's Avatar
Sparrow Dynamics Sparrow Dynamics is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Shingle Springs, CA
Posts: 438
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mute View Post
Have you guys considered developing a grip for the FN SCAR rifles? I think it's doable.
Yes we have, and I’ve had a few people ask me, but there wouldn’t be enough room between the backstrap of the grip and the SCAR stock for your thumb. So you would be stuck using the cradle hold (with your thumb on the same side as your trigger finger). I know it would be way better than a grip wrap, but I am not convinced we would sell enough to make a return on our investment much less break-even.

Maybe I would change my mind later if I buy a SCAR.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 01-10-2018, 11:14 AM
Sparrow Dynamics's Avatar
Sparrow Dynamics Sparrow Dynamics is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Shingle Springs, CA
Posts: 438
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

This is to say thank you to our Calguns.net community.


Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 01-10-2018, 11:16 AM
Sparrow Dynamics's Avatar
Sparrow Dynamics Sparrow Dynamics is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Shingle Springs, CA
Posts: 438
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Our SSA-15 Safety Switch is currently out of stock, but we are machining more! We will have them back on our website by Monday the 15th. Thanks for your patience and all your positive feedback AND testimonials. We appreciate it very much.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 01-10-2018, 2:29 PM
Mute's Avatar
Mute Mute is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Diamond Bar
Posts: 6,536
iTrader: 37 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow Dynamics View Post
Yes we have, and I’ve had a few people ask me, but there wouldn’t be enough room between the backstrap of the grip and the SCAR stock for your thumb. So you would be stuck using the cradle hold (with your thumb on the same side as your trigger finger). I know it would be way better than a grip wrap, but I am not convinced we would sell enough to make a return on our investment much less break-even.

Maybe I would change my mind later if I buy a SCAR.
There is room if you convert the stock with an adapter so it that it can use a buffer tube. This will create the needed room. I'd much rather have a grip like this for going featureless on a SCAR than some of the other options. Of course having enough interest to make a profit...that's another matter.
__________________
NRA Patron Life Member
NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle & Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

American Marksman Training Group, LLC
Visit our American Marksman Facebook Page
Diamond Bar CCW Facebook Page


Discounted NRA Membership Sign Up
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 01-16-2018, 1:14 AM
Pranqster Pranqster is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 24
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I finally pulled the trigger on two featurless grips, the sparrow dynamics and strike industries grips. Both are great options in their own right; the spikes has a more traditional grip angle, with a thumb rest and finger indent that offers a good grip, while the sparrow grip allows for the thumb to wrap around the grip, but has a more slanted grip angle. I do like that they both have a "factory look" that goes well with magpul gear, and the reason I didn't go with the more rounded Featureless arms grip. Of the two I bought, I prefer the sparrow a bit more because with the spikes, my trigger finger is forced a bit too far into the trigger guard. The sparrow does require that you use a stock that allows for your thump to fit above the grip like a pinned MOE or CTR stock. I paid $43 for the spikes and $50 for the Sparrow. I wish they were closer to $35-$40 so I could outfit all my rifles.


Last edited by Pranqster; 01-16-2018 at 1:21 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 01-16-2018, 10:58 AM
Justintoxicated's Avatar
Justintoxicated Justintoxicated is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Escondido
Posts: 3,780
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Default

any plans for a 308 version?
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 01-18-2018, 5:25 PM
imarangemaster's Avatar
imarangemaster imarangemaster is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Nor-Cal Foothills area
Posts: 2,052
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

I really would not have bothered to register my Middy build, if I had the Sparrow grip before I started the process.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 01-19-2018, 1:49 PM
Sparrow Dynamics's Avatar
Sparrow Dynamics Sparrow Dynamics is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Shingle Springs, CA
Posts: 438
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranqster View Post
I finally pulled the trigger on two featurless grips, the sparrow dynamics and strike industries grips. Both are great options in their own right; the spikes has a more traditional grip angle, with a thumb rest and finger indent that offers a good grip, while the sparrow grip allows for the thumb to wrap around the grip, but has a more slanted grip angle. I do like that they both have a "factory look" that goes well with magpul gear, and the reason I didn't go with the more rounded Featureless arms grip. Of the two I bought, I prefer the sparrow a bit more because with the spikes, my trigger finger is forced a bit too far into the trigger guard. The sparrow does require that you use a stock that allows for your thump to fit above the grip like a pinned MOE or CTR stock. I paid $43 for the spikes and $50 for the Sparrow. I wish they were closer to $35-$40 so I could outfit all my rifles.

Thanks for the good review! The grips do go on sale occasionally, so keep an eye out for that so you can outfit your other rifles. If you are on the mailing list, we will notify you.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 01-19-2018, 1:58 PM
Sparrow Dynamics's Avatar
Sparrow Dynamics Sparrow Dynamics is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Shingle Springs, CA
Posts: 438
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justintoxicated View Post
any plans for a 308 version?
Sorry, not at this time. Molds are incredibly expensive. ALSO, because the part of the lower where the buffer tube attaches is so far back... making a grip with a similar design to ours would set your hand too far back.

Post #6 in this thread shows our grip on a .308 lower.
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...23&postcount=6

Our current grip does fit on a .308 lower, but won't be usable with your thumb over the top. There just isn't enough room for your thumb to fit between the grip and the lower where the buffer tube meets. Although you can still use it similar to how you would a Monsterman grip with your thumb to one side. This works very well if you mostly shoot prone or bench with your .308
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 01-22-2018, 11:32 AM
Justintoxicated's Avatar
Justintoxicated Justintoxicated is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Escondido
Posts: 3,780
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow Dynamics View Post
Sorry, not at this time. Molds are incredibly expensive. ALSO, because the part of the lower where the buffer tube attaches is so far back... making a grip with a similar design to ours would set your hand too far back.

Post #6 in this thread shows our grip on a .308 lower.
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...23&postcount=6

Our current grip does fit on a .308 lower, but won't be usable with your thumb over the top. There just isn't enough room for your thumb to fit between the grip and the lower where the buffer tube meets. Although you can still use it similar to how you would a Monsterman grip with your thumb to one side. This works very well if you mostly shoot prone or bench with your .308
Thanks, I think the thumb wrapping issue would be the case with a PRS stock anyways. I just wonder if the angle would be better than other grips that maintain more standard angle since I would not be able to wrap my thumbs around the back anyways. I have a hard time picturing this in my head. I'm thinking the angle would in fact be better still in either case but I am not sure.

Last edited by Justintoxicated; 01-22-2018 at 11:34 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 01-22-2018, 12:10 PM
Sparrow Dynamics's Avatar
Sparrow Dynamics Sparrow Dynamics is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Shingle Springs, CA
Posts: 438
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justintoxicated View Post
Thanks, I think the thumb wrapping issue would be the case with a PRS stock anyways. I just wonder if the angle would be better than other grips that maintain more standard angle since I would not be able to wrap my thumbs around the back anyways. I have a hard time picturing this in my head. I'm thinking the angle would in fact be better still in either case but I am not sure.
Yes, I personally feel the angle is much better especially if you have to use the "cradle hold" with your thumb to the side, because you are supporting the weight of the rifle with more fingers. When you have a grip fin, all the back-end weight of the rifle is on your middle finger. On a bigger rifle, this will matter more. Also, when you are on the bench or prone, it is still pretty natural to have your hand "pointing" that way (you really use the grip less and focusing on trigger control). Many people also suggest keeping your thumb to the side of the rifle when precision shooting including Ryan Cleckner. Lastly, I think our grip would look pretty awesome with a PRS stock and am hoping someone will post photos soon.

Last edited by Sparrow Dynamics; 01-22-2018 at 12:11 PM.. Reason: forgot quote part
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 01-22-2018, 12:33 PM
Justintoxicated's Avatar
Justintoxicated Justintoxicated is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Escondido
Posts: 3,780
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow Dynamics View Post
Yes, I personally feel the angle is much better especially if you have to use the "cradle hold" with your thumb to the side, because you are supporting the weight of the rifle with more fingers. When you have a grip fin, all the back-end weight of the rifle is on your middle finger. On a bigger rifle, this will matter more. Also, when you are on the bench or prone, it is still pretty natural to have your hand "pointing" that way (you really use the grip less and focusing on trigger control). Many people also suggest keeping your thumb to the side of the rifle when precision shooting including Ryan Cleckner. Lastly, I think our grip would look pretty awesome with a PRS stock and am hoping someone will post photos soon.
I'll post you a photo of the grip with a PRS stock when this guy I know gets it installed
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 01-22-2018, 12:57 PM
Sparrow Dynamics's Avatar
Sparrow Dynamics Sparrow Dynamics is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Shingle Springs, CA
Posts: 438
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justintoxicated View Post
I'll post you a photo of the grip with a PRS stock when this guy I know gets it installed
Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 01-24-2018, 12:18 PM
crookedshooter crookedshooter is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 10
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I put mine on my c308 hk clone tat has an AR grip lower on it. But I am not sure if it keeps the web of my hand high enough.

Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 01-24-2018, 8:23 PM
Sparrow Dynamics's Avatar
Sparrow Dynamics Sparrow Dynamics is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Shingle Springs, CA
Posts: 438
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crookedshooter View Post
I put mine on my c308 hk clone tat has an AR grip lower on it. But I am not sure if it keeps the web of my hand high enough.

Yea, it doesn’t look like it.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 01-25-2018, 12:06 PM
crookedshooter crookedshooter is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 10
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow Dynamics View Post
Yea, it doesn’t look like it.
No problem it was worth and try I am still happy with the grip on my AR nicer that the fin i had.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 01-28-2018, 6:09 AM
Sparrow Dynamics's Avatar
Sparrow Dynamics Sparrow Dynamics is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Shingle Springs, CA
Posts: 438
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Just a friendly reminder, the current sale ends tonight.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 01-31-2018, 4:50 PM
Sparrow Dynamics's Avatar
Sparrow Dynamics Sparrow Dynamics is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Shingle Springs, CA
Posts: 438
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

The sale may have ended, but there is still this...
This is to say thank you to our Calguns.net community.


Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 02-08-2018, 6:40 PM
MudCamper's Avatar
MudCamper MudCamper is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sebastopol
Posts: 4,264
iTrader: 28 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranqster View Post
Waiting for somebody (with more $$$ than me) to compare this to the resurgent arms and Liberal grips that have a more perpendicular frontstrap. Pretty please....
I have some comparative pics of all three over here.

And my full review of the Sparrow Dynamics grip is over here.

But I'm also going to copy it right here, just in case:

Larry with Sparrow Dynamics sent me one of their CRG-15 featureless grips. He also included one of their ambidextrous safety selectors. Thanks Larry!

I've lost track of how many featureless grip options I've tried by now, but it's more than ten. And the CRG-15 has landed squarely in my top three.

First, it's one of the best looking options out there, and it's available in several colors. The one I have is in FDE. (And the ambi selector is too.)

The grip allows you to wrap your thumb around it, in a way similar to a traditional rifle stock. It does not fall into the California pistol grip definition by not allowing your thumb below the exposed portion of the trigger. While not quite as comfortable as a pistol grip, it's still reasonably comfortable.

Adding an ambi safety selector is a nice bonus with this style of grip, as otherwise you can't easily reach the selector on the left side (if you are right-handed). The Sparrow Dynamics ambi selector is versatile - it allows for either 90 or 60 degree throw, and you can mount the levers at just about any angle on both sides. This one also included normal length and a prototype half-length lever. (This may or may not become a regular feature.)

OK some pictures.

First, the CRG-15 grip on a typical lower half:


And the other side:


from the back - the CRG-15 is hollow but it's reenforced and quite sturdy:


View from the front:


Comfortable grip, showing easy reach to the trigger:


And from the other side:


Comparing the CRG-15 to the closest competition:


Continued...
__________________
FPC, CGF, SAF, Madison, NRA, CRPA - CCW DENIED by SCSO

Last edited by MudCamper; 02-09-2018 at 7:09 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 02-08-2018, 6:54 PM
MudCamper's Avatar
MudCamper MudCamper is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sebastopol
Posts: 4,264
iTrader: 28 / 100%
Default

OK I want to put this on my featureless franken-AR, so getting ready for that:


All done. Pretty easy:


Other side. Remember you could mount that safety selector at other angles, or use the shorter lever:


The ambi safety and mag release are both easy to reach:


And you can hold and manipulate the rifle with one hand, something you cannot do with a fin design:


Overall this is a high quality, good looking, very functional grip, perfect for keeping your AR featureless.
__________________
FPC, CGF, SAF, Madison, NRA, CRPA - CCW DENIED by SCSO

Last edited by MudCamper; 02-08-2018 at 6:57 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 02-08-2018, 8:17 PM
Sparrow Dynamics's Avatar
Sparrow Dynamics Sparrow Dynamics is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Shingle Springs, CA
Posts: 438
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Awesome review and photos! Thanks for posting! We really appreciate your time and effort on this.
Just a clarification: our safety does not come with the “bonus” short lever. That was just a prototype I threw in if you wanted to test it. We might switch to one long and one short lever. You might try flipping your right lever to be down for safe and coward for fire. You can actuate it with your trigger finger knuckle without letting go with your thumb. I personally prefer it that way, but everyone is different, so that is why we made it so customizable.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 03-09-2018, 4:26 PM
Sparrow Dynamics's Avatar
Sparrow Dynamics Sparrow Dynamics is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Shingle Springs, CA
Posts: 438
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Mudcamper, did you ever try the safety in the forward position for fire? We only have a couple of safeties left in stock, BUT a new batch will be available very soon (gray too).

And gray grips! (Hopefully in week or so if the Magpul Stealth Gray color match works out.) We will email everyone on our mailing list when that is available.
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 03-18-2018, 12:55 PM
Ajlopez281's Avatar
Ajlopez281 Ajlopez281 is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: I.E. Foothills
Posts: 153
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Just received my grip supper quick shipping. I ordered it on the 14th and it was at my door on the 16th. It was packaged well. Awesome finish. It fits my large hand well. I am still able to engage my mil spec safety with my thumb but maintain positive control of my rifle. The OD Green matches Magpul OD Green really well. Just need to figure a way to plug or cap the end for extra storage. Thank you for an awesome product.


__________________

Last edited by Ajlopez281; 03-19-2018 at 3:16 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 03-20-2018, 8:56 PM
malfini's Avatar
malfini malfini is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 403
iTrader: 52 / 100%
Default Sparrow Dynamics Featureless Grip

I purchased the sparrow grip from a fellow CG member..
I have tried a few different compliant grips!
(Hammerhead, Spur, Monster man and grip wrap)
Sparrow Dynamics has hit a HOME RUN with this one!!
The packaging is informative and simple.
It needed a bit of a file work for a perfect fit on my NFA 9mm lower. It is quite tough. I had to hit it with a rubber mallet many times during the fitting process. In the end the grip feels very solid and It is very comfortable. Even those who are not going featureless should consider this grip... it's that comfortable... I like the light texture. I like the addition of the star and stripes and the logo.. over all it is pleasing to the eye and was very well thought out.
All of my compliant grips will be replaced with the sparrow grip.... thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20180309_002610_01.jpg (92.2 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20180309_002709_01.jpg (91.6 KB, 39 views)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:39 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
Calguns.net and The Calguns Foundation have no affiliation and are in no way related to each other.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.