Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > National 2nd Amend. Political & Legal Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

National 2nd Amend. Political & Legal Discussion Discuss national gun rights and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 12-06-2017, 3:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IVC View Post
Local laws apply. Cannot carry standard capacity magazines and cannot carry where it's generally prohibited.
Unless an amendment passed today that changes the wording of the bill, this is incorrect.

The bill as written explicitly prevents any arrest or detainment for "any" law or regulation pertaining to the possession, carry, or transportation of a firearm.

Please see post #56 in this thread for a breakdown of the wording. Quoted below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyLaundry View Post
This is incorrect, there is no text in the bill indicate this forces those who carry in a state to conform to that state's laws regarding type of firearm carried or magazine capacity.
The text of the bill actually specifically covers magazines and ammunition as a "handgun" to be protected under this law:
15 ‘‘(2) The term ‘handgun’ includes any magazine
16 for use in a handgun
and any ammunition loaded
17 into the handgun or its magazine.
Section (b) outlines the limits upon which a state may exert it's local laws in relation to this bill:
16 ‘‘(b) This section shall not be construed to supersede
17 or limit the laws of any State that—
18 ‘‘(1) permit private persons or entities to pro-
19 hibit or restrict the possession of concealed firearms
20 on their property; or
21 ‘‘(2) prohibit or restrict the possession of fire-
22 arms on any State or local government property, in-
23 stallation, building, base, or park.
Section (c) says that if someone complies with sections (a) (carry requirements) and section (b) (allowable state restrictions), this person may not be arrested or detained for violation of any of that state's rules or laws regarding possession or transportation or carrying of firearms:
24 ‘‘(c)(1) A person who carries or possesses a concealed
25 handgun
in accordance with subsections (a) and (b) may
1 not be arrested or otherwise detained for violation of any
2 law or any rule or regulation of a State or any political
3 subdivision thereof related to the possession, transpor-
4 tation, or carrying of firearms
unless there is probable
5 cause to believe that the person is doing so in a manner
6 not provided for by this section. Presentation of facially
7 valid documents as specified in subsection (a) is prima
8 facie evidence that the individual has a license or permit
9 as required by this section.
This bill specifically protects someone who carries under its provisions against a states laws regarding type of firearm and type of magazine AND type of ammo.

The only valid criticism of this aspect of the bill that I have seen is that there is no illicit protection against confiscation, only against detainment and arrest. Although it could also be argued that this protection is implicit.

Edit: Bolded relevant text for clarity on this point.

Last edited by DirtyLaundry; 12-06-2017 at 3:38 PM..
Old 12-06-2017, 3:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johncmng View Post
I can see a lot of out-of-state people getting into trouble with this.

Text from the Bill itself

“(2) The term ‘handgun’ includes any magazine for use in a handgun and any ammunition loaded into the handgun or its magazine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-06-2017, 3:49 PM

Quote:
Unless an amendment passed today that changes the wording of the bill, this is incorrect.

The bill as written explicitly prevents any arrest or detainment for "any" law or regulation pertaining to the possession, carry, or transportation of a firearm.

Please see post #56 in this thread for a breakdown of the wording. Quoted below:
Correct. And further, the House Judiciary Committee considered an amendment that would have excluded “large capacity ammunition feeding devices” from the protections of H.R. 38. The Committee voted down that amendment, 7-17.

Here’s how the committee report described it:
Quote:
High Capacity Ammunition Magazines. Congressman David Cicilline (D-RI) offered an amendment to prohibit the bill from allowing the carrying of high capacity magazines for use with handguns across state lines. The amendment was defeated by a vote of 7-17.
That is a clear indication of legislative intent—H.R. 38 allows people to carry “any” magazine across state lines, if they have an out of state CCW.
Old 12-06-2017, 4:28 PM

Quote:
Cut the hyperbole and have a reasonable open discussion.

NICS and FFL mandated background checks aren't going anywhere. Fix NICS bill does not change any enforcement criteria, it only enacts .gov agency accountability according to current law. You are choosing a poor place to draw lines.

Saying no to a pro-2A bill on the grounds of insignificant administrative changes at the government agency level to laws already on the books is a pretty poor excuse IMO.
Agreed. The naysayers on this thread should get out of there mom's basements and actually try and effect change in the real world. I work in politics. This is a great deal for us.
Old 12-06-2017, 4:43 PM
Part time Emperor
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Do we have enough votes in the Senate to get this pushed through?
Old 12-06-2017, 4:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruel View Post
Text from the Bill itself

“(2) The term ‘handgun’ includes any magazine for use in a handgun and any ammunition loaded into the handgun or its magazine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This seems like an easy 10th am. challenge in court
Old 12-06-2017, 5:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WokMaster1 View Post
Do we have enough votes in the Senate to get this pushed through?
God I hope so, but I doubt it.

Old 12-06-2017, 5:07 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by stag6.8 View Post
Hopefully the dems in the senate wont try to add a residency ammendent like they tried to do in the house and failed to do so...and all the republicans will be on board with this...and since its no longer a stand alone bill (NICS), some dems will vote for it too...and most of all PASS!!!
The Senate version of the bill (sponsored by Cornyn) already has a "permit issued by state of residence" provision, which makes it different from the House bill. If the Senate doesn't alter Cornyn's bill, and it passes the senate, then the two chambers will have to reconcile the bills, come up with an agreed version to take to a vote, and pass that too.

I fear that in order to get through the Senate, they'll have to go with a residency requirement, but fingers crossed!

Lots of work left to do. Good idea to press the leadership and our own reps / senators to pass it (even if it seems fruitless to pressure Harris and Feinstein). Frankly, any reciprocity - even with a residency requirement - is better than nothing and continues to advance the ball and put pressure on CA sheriffs to move closer to shall-issue.
Old 12-06-2017, 5:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortelli View Post
The Senate version of the bill (sponsored by Cornyn) already has a "permit issued by state of residence" provision, which makes it different from the House bill. If the Senate doesn't alter Cornyn's bill, and it passes the senate, then the two chambers will have to reconcile the bills, come up with an agreed version to take to a vote, and pass that too.

I fear that in order to get through the Senate, they'll have to go with a residency requirement, but fingers crossed!

Lots of work left to do. Good idea to press the leadership and our own reps / senators to pass it (even if it seems fruitless to pressure Harris and Feinstein). Frankly, any reciprocity - even with a residency requirement - is better than nothing and continues to advance the ball and put pressure on CA sheriffs to move closer to shall-issue.
Also a good thing is that since hr. 38 and hr. 4477 are combined together..it's no longer a stand alone bill. That's been discussed many times here before... that's what this bill needs to increase the chances of it passing.
Old 12-06-2017, 5:47 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by stag6.8 View Post
Also a good thing is that since hr. 39 and hr. 4477 are combined together..it's no longer a stand alone bill. That's been discussed many times here before... that's what this bill needs to increase the chances of it passing.
Yes. I wasn't close to the implications around combining the two when it was announced, and was initially worried about the combination and what it meant based on some concerns from certain gun rights orgs and representatives. But I've come to view the combo as very important and a shrewd move in Congress.

Senate dems are (hopefully) going to be forced to shoot down fix-NICS to have any chance of stopping reciprocity. I don't think that is a winning political move for a lot of dems, and I hope they'll bend to that reality, and accept reciprocity to get fix-NICS.

Dems raise a lot of money from gun-control orgs, but gun rights orgs deliver votes (which is why the NRA is so demonized, IMHO). The history of gun control and the democrats, it seems to me, is that they tend to be harmed (nationally) by pushing for more controls. And pushing hard enough to stop a bill promising to strengthen the background check improvements of fix-NICS in trade for reciprocity would open them up to very effective arguments (provided repubs and others can for once in their lives make those effective arguments).
Old 12-06-2017, 5:50 PM

Quote:

Even if it has a residency requirement it will be a big political win. Hard to justify may issue when somebody from Nevada can carry in CA but a resident can't
Old 12-06-2017, 6:20 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalAlumnus View Post
Correct. And further, the House Judiciary Committee considered an amendment that would have excluded “large capacity ammunition feeding devices” from the protections of H.R. 38. The Committee voted down that amendment, 7-17.

That is a clear indication of legislative intent—H.R. 38 allows people to carry “any” magazine across state lines, if they have an out of state CCW.
Hope this survives in the Senate. Would this mean that although I am limited to 10 rnds if I carry pursuant to my CA permit, I could carry in CA using std. capacity mags under my NV, UT, OR, WA & ID permits.
Old 12-06-2017, 6:31 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalAlumnus View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAJ475 View Post
Hope this survives in the Senate. Would this mean that although I am limited to 10 rnds if I carry pursuant to my CA permit, I could carry in CA using std. capacity mags under my NV, UT, OR, WA & ID permits.
Looks that way, as it stands. Seems you could also carry any weapon under your out of state permit not just the 3 listed on CA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by epilepticninja View Post
Americans vs. Democrats
We stand for the Anthem, we kneel for the cross

We already have the only reasonable Gun Control we need, It's called the Second Amendment and it's the government it controls.

What doesn't kill me, better run

Last edited by 71MUSTY; 12-06-2017 at 6:47 PM..
Old 12-06-2017, 6:33 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomrkba View Post

Why do people think that a license to carry is the expression of a right?

Only 11 or 12 states have the actual right.
RadicalGunNuttery started that map many years ago. I recall first seeing it back when I was on Packing.org, before being on CGN (~2002 - '04). Back then, only Vermont was Constitutional Carry and we were hoping that "someday" another state may join them in "Vermont Carry", as it was known back then. Then came Alaska, which had a better system because it continued to offer CCW permits for out-of-state reciprocity. So we started dreaming about more states passing "Alaska carry" bills. Then some bright boy came up with the name "Constitutional Carry" and the rest, as they say, is history.

RGN titled the map "Right-to-Carry" because, with Shall Issue, as long as you satisfy the objective criteria for being issued a CCW, a CCW "shall" be issued to you: you have a "right" to it under state law. It is not a privilege.

FWIW, at this time, IIRC, even ConCarry states can readily pass laws to go back to Shall Issue or even May Issue. I don't think any changed their constitutions to make Concealed Carry a state right. And, of course, we all know at this point in time, SCOTUS has not declared either OC or CC a right under the 2nd A of the federal Constitution. So I don't think there are ANY states that have "the actual right" as you phrased it. (Maybe VT, but then again, that would only be under their state constitution, not also protected by the federal one (yet!).)

Last edited by Paladin; 12-06-2017 at 8:27 PM..
Old 12-06-2017, 6:42 PM
I need a LIFE!!

I should mention for folks starting to think about applying for non-resident CCWs that FL's is for 7 years, so that's plenty of time for this to fail this year, get passed next legislative session and to be challenged in the federal courts and yet still have time on it so that when you renew, it will be after the tsunami of applications sure to come in from the May Issue states (~27% of the national population).

That's what I did....

I'd also suggest you go through the 220+ examples of CCWers saving lives I've linked in my sig line. (I stopped prematurely on the first page of the thread to restart it on the 2nd page.) Other than being a pizza delivery driver, who gets attacked is quite unpredictable. Sure, EDCing a G19 with spare mags and a BUG would be great. But the main lesson, IMO, is to frickin' EDC something! The more the better, but a J-frame or .380 in the pocket trumps a 9/.40/.44/.45/whatever in your safe at home every time.

Last edited by Paladin; 12-06-2017 at 6:56 PM..
Old 12-06-2017, 6:54 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by skilletboy View Post
God I hope so, but I doubt it.
I wouldn't be surprised if there are a few democrats that vote for it. There are a few in Red States that would get ousted if they dont vote for this. Montana's democrat senator comes to mind.
Old 12-06-2017, 7:14 PM

Hypothetically, if this does pass, does that mean someone with a carry permit in whatever state, let's say Florida, could legally carry in a place like NYC?
Old 12-06-2017, 7:18 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourT6and2 View Post
Hypothetically, if this does pass, does that mean someone with a carry permit in whatever state, let's say Florida, could legally carry in a place like NYC?
As it is currently written, YES

Quote:
Originally Posted by epilepticninja View Post
Americans vs. Democrats
We stand for the Anthem, we kneel for the cross

We already have the only reasonable Gun Control we need, It's called the Second Amendment and it's the government it controls.

What doesn't kill me, better run
Old 12-06-2017, 7:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71MUSTY View Post
As it is currently written, YES
Wow. That is amazing actually.
Old 12-06-2017, 7:28 PM

I don't think it does allow a person to carry in CA if they only have an out of state license. This part, "... is entitled to carry a concealed firearm in the State in which the person resides..." is what concerns me on that front.

www.BlackRiverTraining.com
Old 12-06-2017, 7:46 PM

What if someone applied for CCW in CA and got denied? Would that mean they’re not “entitled to carry a concealed firearm in the state they reside”?
Old 12-06-2017, 8:11 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastoff View Post
I don't think it does allow a person to carry in CA if they only have an out of state license. This part, "... is entitled to carry a concealed firearm in the State in which the person resides..." is what concerns me on that front.
Discussed extensively, and commented extensively by Congress members in passing the bill . . . but not uncommon to be uncertain about the language.

HR 38 essentially provides two classes of persons entitled to reciprocity rights in terms of CCW: (1) those with a permit issued by A state, or (2) those who are resident in a state that allows carry without a permit (i.e., Constitutional Carry states). The phrase you quote captures bucket number 2 - those in a Con Carry state that can CCW without a permit.
Old 12-06-2017, 8:33 PM

Quote:
Discussed extensively, and commented extensively by Congress members in passing the bill . . . but not uncommon to be uncertain about the language.

HR 38 essentially provides two classes of persons entitled to reciprocity rights in terms of CCW: (1) those with a permit issued by A state, or (2) those who are resident in a state that allows carry without a permit (i.e., Constitutional Carry states). The phrase you quote captures bucket number 2 - those in a Con Carry state that can CCW without a permit.
So as a CA resident, if I get a non-resident permit in another state, it's honored in every other state under this bill, should it pass as it's written? i.e. as a CA resident, if I get a permit in another state, I can then carry in CA? Even if CA denies my application for a residential permit?
Old 12-06-2017, 8:38 PM

Does anyone know when this will go up for a vote?
Old 12-06-2017, 8:47 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourT6and2 View Post
So as a CA resident, if I get a non-resident permit in another state, it's honored in every other state under this bill, should it pass as it's written? i.e. as a CA resident, if I get a permit in another state, I can then carry in CA? Even if CA denies my application for a residential permit?
Yes, with caveats. If you are a CA resident with an AZ / NV / UT / FLA, etc. permit, the house version of the bill should let you carry in CA. With caveats.

Caveats:

1. If the house version of the bill is signed into law, I would fully expect CA and other states to sue to prohibit its enforcement in CA and wouldn't be surprised to see a CA court enjoin the law.

2. If the house version of the bill is signed into law, I would expect CA authorities to explore ignoring it, and prosecuting a few folks -- i.e., without seeking to overturn the law itself, they'd go after individuals and litigate for a decision that supports their view that the law is invalid as to CA residents who don't have a CA LTC.

3. If the house version of the bill is signed into law, the wrinkle of having been denied a CA LTC would also offer up an opportunity to litigate the issue, with some individual's potential conviction on the line.

4. If the house version of the bill is signed into law, I expect CA would get up to all sorts of mischief (think gun free school zones, on a much wider basis).

5. If the house version of the bill is signed into law, expect all sorts of other ideas to attempt to preempt its effects for CA residents.

My personal view is: (1) if you don't have a non-res permit, maybe time to think about getting one before a potential crush of applications hit; and (2) also wouldn't worry too much about passage just yet - long way to go, but moving in the right direction.

(BTW - some of your posts from months back encouraged me to get a FFL03 and CoE well before crunch time of Dec 2017 arrived ; similar posts by others encouraged me to get a non-resident permit outside California in case reciprocity actually passes, or (back then) Peruta came out somewhat differently.)
Old 12-06-2017, 9:09 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Without digging through the companion thread and prior discussions on HR38's non-resident permit implications, I'd offer up a link to the House report on defeated amendments, first posted by FailedAngrMgmt in the companion thread. Click the link and scroll down to roll call vote #4: https://www.congress.gov/congression...use-report/433

Or see FailedAngrMgmt's post here: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...postcount=1375
Old 12-06-2017, 9:12 PM

Excuse my ignorance but what is the procedure for the house bill in the senate. Does it go to a senate committee or is it immediately heard on the floor? Any estimation of a timeline? (2 weeks)
Old 12-06-2017, 9:13 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I don’t think they are going to get 60 votes and Californians that do not have a CCW get a big nothing burger. So why the excitement?
San Diego County Gun Owners Patriot Member
What have you done for 2A lately?

Old 12-06-2017, 9:59 PM

What about the nuclear option?
Old 12-06-2017, 9:59 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danodog View Post
I don’t think they are going to get 60 votes and Californians that do not have a CCW get a big nothing burger. So why the excitement?
Because there is a reasonable chance it will get the 51 votes it needs to pass the Senate?
Californians that have an out of state CCW may have a chance to carry, if things go well.
Old 12-06-2017, 10:14 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xstrada View Post
What about the nuclear option?
For national reciprocity? Lol. Never going to happen.

Quote:
Because you need to think beyond yourself and look at what this means on a national level. In 2003 the federal AWB was still in place. Now we have a chance to pass national reciprocity, which is even more meaningful after all of our failed court cases. This would damage the gun control lobby and signify which direction this country is headed. It's a gigantic win symbolically, but also shows how far we've come in only 15 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodTurner View Post
Because there is a reasonable chance it will get the 51 votes it needs to pass the Senate?
Californians that have an out of state CCW may have a chance to carry, if things go well.
Depends if the democrats in the senate will allow it to come to a vote. I suspect they won't.
Old 12-06-2017, 10:28 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
1. If the house bill passes as written, great.

2. If the senate version of the house bill is passed, then the bill goes to conference, a second opportunity for the house bill.

3. If the senate version of the house bill is passed, and it goes to conference and the senate version (requiring permit from state of residence) passes, then CCW rights are expanded nationwide, even if CA residents don't directly benefit in the near term. But CA residents in may-issue counties should still benefit indirectly -- a visitor from out of state can exercise 2A rights in such counties, but it is (near) impossible for a CA resident to do so?

4. If neither the senate nor house version passes in the senate, then they're be a clearer line drawn around those not willing to support the bill, and those voting against will be on record not wanting to support a law that would strengthen the existing background check system, a key argument of those disinclined to support 2A rights.

Put another way, our elected representatives, house or senate, are going to have to make what may be a hard choice from their own perspective and go on the record again as to where they stand, which is the essence of a representative democratic republic, and face voters for their choice. That has been a positive for 2A rights over the past several decades, and a real headache for politicians who are not necessarily 2A friendly.

The legislative history (and momentum) of CCW-related laws favors a pro-CCW attitude. Elected leaders pay attention to these trends. One doesn't typically land a knock-out punch - it's usually lots of jabs. This bill offers up a powerful jab.

All IMHO.
Old 12-06-2017, 10:29 PM

Quote:
This is incorrect.

With the house bill as written there is a real chance here for out of state non-resident CCW that is valid in CA should it pass as is.
Old 12-07-2017, 3:22 AM
Veteran Member

If they need to pick up extra senate votes, there's still more bargaining chips to be played, like DACA, bump stocks, or amending the current version where concarry residents will still need a permit to be covered. They could also use as a last resort using the Senate's language and include "other than the state of residence", although the Dem senate targets for this ALL live in shall issue states, and many of those are either concarry or honor all other permits anyway. So how do they say it's going to cause a bloodbath when their state isn't affected in the slightest?
Old 12-07-2017, 6:41 AM

Quote:
Yes, with caveats. If you are a CA resident with an AZ / NV / UT / FLA, etc. permit, the house version of the bill should let you carry in CA. With caveats.

Caveats:

1. If the house version of the bill is signed into law, I would fully expect CA and other states to sue to prohibit its enforcement in CA and wouldn't be surprised to see a CA court enjoin the law.

2. If the house version of the bill is signed into law, I would expect CA authorities to explore ignoring it, and prosecuting a few folks -- i.e., without seeking to overturn the law itself, they'd go after individuals and litigate for a decision that supports their view that the law is invalid as to CA residents who don't have a CA LTC.

3. If the house version of the bill is signed into law, the wrinkle of having been denied a CA LTC would also offer up an opportunity to litigate the issue, with some individual's potential conviction on the line.

4. If the house version of the bill is signed into law, I expect CA would get up to all sorts of mischief (think gun free school zones, on a much wider basis).

5. If the house version of the bill is signed into law, expect all sorts of other ideas to attempt to preempt its effects for CA residents.

My personal view is: (1) if you don't have a non-res permit, maybe time to think about getting one before a potential crush of applications hit; and (2) also wouldn't worry too much about passage just yet - long way to go, but moving in the right direction.

(BTW - some of your posts from months back encouraged me to get a FFL03 and CoE well before crunch time of Dec 2017 arrived ; similar posts by others encouraged me to get a non-resident permit outside California in case reciprocity actually passes, or (back then) Peruta came out somewhat differently.)
Yeah, getting the 03 FFL + COE was a good idea. Glad you got on that!

I kind of view national reciprocity as being similar to a driver's license. Imagine if CA suddenly said hey we will no longer honor out-of-state driver's licenses. Libs have been yammering on for years about how they want guns to be regulated like cars/driver's license. Well... national reciprocity is a step in that direction. Good or bad. So I wonder if there is some regulatory simile between how a D.L. works and how national reciprocity for CCW would work. And what happens if a state refuses to honor it? So that's definitely an interesting scenario.
Old 12-07-2017, 8:14 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
1. If the house bill passes as written, great.

2. If the senate version of the house bill is passed, then the bill goes to conference, a second opportunity for the house bill.

3. If the senate version of the house bill is passed, and it goes to conference and the senate version (requiring permit from state of residence) passes, then CCW rights are expanded nationwide, even if CA residents don't directly benefit in the near term. But CA residents in may-issue counties should still benefit indirectly -- a visitor from out of state can exercise 2A rights in such counties, but it is (near) impossible for a CA resident to do so?

4. If neither the senate nor house version passes in the senate, then they're be a clearer line drawn around those not willing to support the bill, and those voting against will be on record not wanting to support a law that would strengthen the existing background check system, a key argument of those disinclined to support 2A rights.

Put another way, our elected representatives, house or senate, are going to have to make what may be a hard choice from their own perspective and go on the record again as to where they stand, which is the essence of a representative democratic republic, and face voters for their choice. That has been a positive for 2A rights over the past several decades, and a real headache for politicians who are not necessarily 2A friendly.

The legislative history (and momentum) of CCW-related laws favors a pro-CCW attitude. Elected leaders pay attention to these trends. One doesn't typically land a knock-out punch - it's usually lots of jabs. This bill offers up a powerful jab.

All IMHO.
If no. 3 comes to pass, CA residents should sue CA for equal protection violation because non-CA residents would be able to exercise a right in the state that we ourselves cannot.

American Marksman Training Group
Visit our American Marksman Facebook Page
Diamond Bar CCW Facebook Page

NRA Memberships at Discounted fee
Old 12-07-2017, 8:31 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Chucky Shumer will filibuster this if it ever gets to debate.
Old 12-07-2017, 9:27 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Thanks for the thoughtful responses. I guess I am such a pessimist these days.....
San Diego County Gun Owners Patriot Member
What have you done for 2A lately?

Old 12-07-2017, 10:57 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Thanks for correcting it. As you pointed out, the gun configuration itself is protected in the version that passed.

However, this is a narrow exemption to local gun laws. The rest of the local gun laws remain in effect and are enforceable.
Old 12-07-2017, 2:56 PM

Default National reciprocity bill

Ok. Maybe someone has already asked this but I haven't seen it.
If National reciprocity gets passed....
What happens when someone from another state comes into California and has a non roster gun, magazines with over 10 rounds and fragmentable rounds in their gun. All illegal in California. What happens??