Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > How CA Laws Apply to/Affect Me
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2017, 9:54 PM
Veteran Member

Default Cabela's Stupidity

Just got a mailer from Cabela's re-iterating this stupidity: http://www.cabelas.com/browse.cmd?ca....mc_id=calammo

I've sent an email to Cabela's (https://cabelas.custhelp.com/app/ask) asking them to revisit the issue as PEN 16150 provides two separate definitions of "ammunition". The first definition encompasses loaded ammunition for general sales; the second prohibits sales of reloading components and magazines, etc. only to persons prohibited from owning or possessing firearms.

Sales to non-prohibited persons are not affected.

However, I suspect that their response will be that they can't tell the difference, so no direct sales of any of this stuff to anybody in the state.
Old 11-09-2017, 9:56 PM

Your last paragraph would be my guess
Old 11-10-2017, 9:40 AM

Goes back to AB 962 confusion. Courts nullified portions but left it on the books. We need clarification from legal minds to chime in and educate us and Cabelas type vendors.
Old 11-10-2017, 9:11 PM
Veteran Member

Cabela’s has never been a go to site for reloading components. Their loss for an opportunity to increase their market share in reloading supplies.
Old 11-10-2017, 9:49 PM

Default Exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvrjon View Post
Just got a mailer from Cabela's re-iterating this stupidity: http://www.cabelas.com/browse.cmd?ca....mc_id=calammo

I've sent an email to Cabela's (https://cabelas.custhelp.com/app/ask) asking them to revisit the issue as PEN 16150 provides two separate definitions of "ammunition". The first definition encompasses loaded ammunition for general sales; the second prohibits sales of reloading components and magazines, etc. only to persons prohibited from owning or possessing firearms.

Sales to non-prohibited persons are not affected.

However, I suspect that their response will be that they can't tell the difference, so no direct sales of any of this stuff to anybody in the state.
Bingo - see my post ongoing on general board. They probably feel the burden of figuring out who is a prohibited person is on them and too risky. The process they’d have to put in place to screen people would be to expensive and time consuming. Risk/benefit is upside down...bad news is others are evaluating this right now like MIDWAY USA. I called them today and they haven’t made up thier minds yet
Old 11-10-2017, 9:55 PM
Super Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISHNFRANK View Post
Bingo - see my post ongoing on general board. They probably feel the burden of figuring out who is a prohibited person is on them and too risky. The process they’d have to put in place to screen people would be to expensive and time consuming. Risk/benefit is upside down...bad news is others are evaluating this right now like MIDWAY USA. I called them today and they haven’t made up thier minds yet
As I've asked before, what's the difference between 'complete ammunition' in 2017 and 'components, magazines etc' in 2018?

It's a Federal felony to sell ammunition to prohibited persons in 2017 (and for many years before that); how are ammo sellers managing that risk, and why will effective-in-2017 measures no longer suffice in 2018?

There is no value at all complaining or analyzing or reading tea leaves to decide what these bills really mean or actually do; any bill with a chance to pass will be bad for gun owners.

The details only count after the Governor signs the bills.

Not a lawyer, just Some Guy On The Interwebs.

Old 11-11-2017, 1:30 AM

I have been a Cabelas supporter for years. Not anymore. As told to me by a phone-order-person. As of Nov 1st they will start charging CA sales tax. FYI Midway and Brownells and others do not.
Old 11-11-2017, 6:45 AM

Since the merger of Cabelas and Bass pro, the company has a brick and mortar location in Calif. So they must charge Calif. sales tax. They have no choice in the matter regarding charging Calif residents sales tax on online purchases.
Old 11-11-2017, 10:03 AM

I quit buying from Cabelas when they changed their policy so FFL03s can no longer walk in to their stores and buy a C&R gun with their C&R license. They told me they would ship it to a FFL in my home state.

A vote is clearly much more dangerous than a gun.

Why advocate restrictions on one right (voting) without comparable restrictions on another (self defense) (or, why not say 'Be a U.S. citizen' as the requirement for CCW)?

--Librarian