Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Curio & Relic/Black Powder
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Curio & Relic/Black Powder Curio & Relics and Black Powder Firearms, Old School shooting fun!

Old 11-11-2017, 12:00 AM

Default 03 FFL Turorial Link?

Can anyone either link me to or provide a tutorial on how to correctly fill out the app for 03FFL?

I have it all filled out but just want to make sure I got it all right the first time.

I am doing this and a COE to avoid the online ammo ban coming soon.

Thank you all!
Old 11-11-2017, 1:01 AM

http://www.garandgear.com/cnr_ffl_03

Don't forget to send a cover letter explaining why you're sending your sheriff a copy of your application.
Old 11-11-2017, 7:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HibikiR View Post
http://www.garandgear.com/cnr_ffl_03

Don't forget to send a cover letter explaining why you're sending your sheriff a copy of your application.
The form referenced at that link is out of date. Now they use ATF 7/7CR.
Old 11-11-2017, 7:35 AM

As I just sent in my FFL3 application, I have been thinking it would be great to have a compiled list of all procedures to handle all possible C&R transactions. It is apparent that this might be difficult because there is firm disagreement whether or not we can legally have such firearms shipped to us directly from out of state. What I have in mind would cite all relevant CA PC sections and federal law and relevant forms for each type of transaction.
Old 11-11-2017, 8:32 AM
Super Gun Owner!
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Location: Some place warm, a place where the beer flows like wine.

You are gonna get about five pounds of ATF publications with the license.

It's like those guys have rules for everything.
Old 11-11-2017, 6:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinnerk View Post
As I just sent in my FFL3 application, I have been thinking it would be great to have a compiled list of all procedures to handle all possible C&R transactions. It is apparent that this might be difficult because there is firm disagreement whether or not we can legally have such firearms shipped to us directly from out of state. What I have in mind would cite all relevant CA PC sections and federal law and relevant forms for each type of transaction.
Sent mine in on Oct 26 (for both CoE and FFL3 app). Let me know if you end up getting yours soon...still waiting on mine...CoE says its still processing.
Old 11-11-2017, 7:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinnerk View Post

You can visit the CA Legislature website which has the Penal Code and is searchable. https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/codes.xhtml

Just enter "Curio" into the search box and all relevant PC's for C&R will show up.

As to the federal portion, the ATF will send you a huge package containing all the information you need to know to legally use your C&R license.

Make sure you read everything (state and federal ) very carefully.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk