Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Private Firearms Sales - Long Guns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Private Firearms Sales - Long Guns For the private sale of rifles, shotguns and other long guns. Read the rules before posting.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-23-2017, 10:50 AM
"Purveyor of Fun and Joy"
CGN Contributor

Exclamation Steyr Scout 308 - Only $1100 (LA County/NO SHIP)

UPDATE 10/24/2017: *ASKING PRICES DRAMATICALLY LOWERED.*

Make: Steyr-Mannlicher

Model: Scout

Caliber: .308 Winchester

Barrel Length: 19"

Will ship: No

Condition: Pre-Owned, Fully-Operational. There is visible finish/parts wear (see images for additional details).

Asking Price: Starts at $1100, varies depending on what package you want (**see below for more details**)

Trades: No trades at this time please.

INTRODUCTION
-----------------
•Hello my friends, the item for sale is a Steyr Scout .308 Winchester bolt-action rifle.

•This particular variant has a gray stock, the original factory Jeff Cooper emblem on the right-side of the buttstock, and "butter-knife" style bolt knob.

•The barrel has a GWK date code, indicating production in July 2012.

•The action on this rifle is buttery smooth. You need to try it to appreciate it. The trigger is also really nice.

ASKING PRICES/WHAT THE SALE ACTUALLY INCLUDES
--------------------------------------------
For only $1100, the buyer will receive the following:
•Steyr Scout .308 Rifle
•Original Factory Box
•Factory-issued Accuracy Guarantee Card
•2 Buttstock Spacers
•A total of 2x 5-Round Factory Magazines

For only an additional $300 ($1400 total), I will also include the following accessories (which are *not* included in the $1100 base offer):
•Andy's Leather Ching Sling, 1" Chestnut
•Leupold 2.5x28mm IER Scout Scope
•Leupold 1" Low QRW Scope Rings
•Fieldline Tactical 43" Cobra Case

For only an additional $400 ($1800 total), I will also include the following (which are *not* included in the $1100 or $1400 package offer):
•A total of 4x 10-Round Factory Magazines (3 are NIW)
•10-Round Magazine Adapter Kit (Factory)

Counter-offers will be considered, but I do respectfully ask that they be reasonable and supported by current market data/links. I've gone as low as I reasonably can based on the market data I have seen.

Also, I have quite a bit of .308 ammunition I can sell you with the rifle, if so desired.

CONDITION SPECIFICS
------------------------
•I am the original purchaser and owner of this rifle.

•According to my range logs, I have fired only 136 rounds of ammunition through this rifle (30x and Federal American Eagle 150Grain FMJ-BT, and 106 Silver State Armory 150 Grain BTHP).

•The rifle/optic combination (as pictured) has been zeroed at 100 yards with Silver State Armory .308 150gr SSA HPBT ammunition.

MORE INFO
------------------------------------------
If you are not familiar with the Steyr Scout, here a few highlights:
•The brainchild of USMC Lt. Colonel Jeff Cooper
•38.6" OAL
•19" Barrel (lightweight profile, fluted)
•Light Weight (6.6lbs out of the box)
•Integrated folding bipod
•Spare magazine storage compartment in buttstock (can accept either 5 or 10-round magazines)
•Backup Ghost Ring sights (flip-up/down)
•2-Position Magazine Cut-off Feature
•3-Position Tang-Mounted Safety (fire, safe with ability to cycle bolt, safe with locked bolt) - firing pin can be locked when bolt is pushed down
•Can accept both conventional and forward-mounted optics
•Weaver-Spec 12-o'clock rail
•UIT-Spec 6-o'clock rail

FFL Transfer Location(s):
-----------------------
I would STRONGLY prefer to meet at Alamo Jewelry & Loan in West Covina to conduct the PPT, but I am *potentially* open to other FFLs on a case by case basis (just ask).

TRANSACTION TERMS
-----------------------
•No shipping at this time. Cash only please (no checks, money orders, USPS money orders, IOUs, etc.).

•The first "I'll take it" (implying acceptance of my asking price) in this thread gets priority over any counter-offers or "I'm interested" statements.

•If multiple offer acceptances are made, item will be offered to next buyer in line if prior buyer fails to complete sale or maintain contact within a time frame I deem to be reasonable.

•If, in the event that the first buyer is unable to complete the transaction, the item will be offered to other Calgunners based *solely* on the order in which they post a "I'll take it" after the first buyer did. This keeps things fair for everyone, and you can always delete such a post if you change your mind before I get to you.

•The buyer will be given the opportunity to perform an inspection of the firearm when we meet at the FFL shop, prior to payment.

•All sales are final. I offer no warranty, express or implied.

•Buyer is responsible for all PPT/DROS fees at the dealer.

•Upon successful and smooth completion of transaction, I will leave positive iTrader feedback for the buyer.

QUESTIONS
--------------
Please feel free to PM me with any questions you may have.

ITEM IMAGES
------------------
(Please click on the thumbnails for the full size images)

Last edited by Hoplophile; 10-31-2017 at 11:47 AM.. Reason: LOWERED PRICES! :D