Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Old 10-03-2017, 7:27 PM

Thanks Erion929. I also have a sticky holster (LG-2) for my G19 and I agree it prints less than the kydex does. Trying it just now, I see that it is also a pretty darn good fit for the 9mm Shield with the laser installed. This gives me another option to experiment with. Thanks!
Old 10-06-2017, 10:25 AM

Just picked up my 9mm shield out of jail yesterday. The trigger is gritty and spongey and the safety is extremely stiff with 2 different stages of clicking into place. I haven't stripped it down to clean it yet nor shot it so hopefully the safety smoothes out. The trigger will get Apexed. Not because I can't shoot worth ****, but because if I'm gonna spend a day at the range with my wife putting 3 to 500 rounds with it each time along with our other options I'd prefer it to be smooth and repeatable as possible. I've learned to love my HK p30 DA trigger only because a trigger job is 3 to 400 bucks. If I can drop in a new trigger for 150 bucks then why not.

What's everyone using for sights? The factory ones looks kind of sharp for appendix carry. Have a Ronin 2.0 holster on its way for it after only having alien gear for my glock 30 and p30 at 5 o clock.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 10-06-2017, 12:37 PM
Guitar: The Deplorables
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

TruGlo TFX Pro.
Orange ring around the front sight, green fiber optics for bright dots in daylight, and tritium vials in front of the fiber for night.

The rear sight is nicely rounded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
A just gov't will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just gov't. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.
Old 10-07-2017, 7:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestargrizzly View Post
I still say the g26 is better for learning to shoot a subcompact cuz the shield is unbearably slim. And with the 8 round mag its more like a compact than a sub compact.
You have to adjust your grip to accommodate. I actually end up pulling the trigger with the first joint of my fingure. I know this isn't kosher and only do it with my shield, but it works and I'm more accurate when doing it. (Stole the idea from Hikock45!)

If you carry it, the slimmer grip is awesome. The 8-round mags are too big. The 7-rounders with a Pearce extention are the sweet spot for me. Anyone who's qualified with a shield or run the gun at the range with the 8-rounders will tell you that the sleeve at the bottom wonders around between shots.
Old 10-07-2017, 12:46 PM

Default Shield ..little gun shoots like a big gun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cokebottle View Post
Everyday carry.
Magguts +1 spring and follower.
Very nice shooter and accurate.
^^^What Cokebottle sez^^^^

It has been my EDC for almost 2 years. Zero malfunctions, shoots anything, very concealable. I've got clip holster that has a taller inside for next to skin wear and is GTG!!

"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."
- Samuel Adams
Old 10-07-2017, 1:25 PM

Reliable, accuracy, recoil is nice, my stock trigger feel great. Best thing is affordable, it doesn't cost me an arm or leg to have one.....Even an off roster shield w/o LCI is about $500 or little more.
Old 10-07-2017, 2:12 PM
Veteran Member

I believe everyone and their brother has a Shield if not the most popular carry gun in the US it's one of.
Old 10-07-2017, 8:59 PM

Just reading all the reviews makes me regret I don't have a 2nd Shield.
Old 10-07-2017, 9:42 PM
Veteran Member

The Shield is a very good gun as far as sub compacts go. But the question I usually ask is, "With all the shenanigans going on in the world today, is a single stack, short sight radius, reduced capacity, sub compact gun, the weapon you want to bet your life on?"

If you're ok with the inherent limitations of a sub compact, as I said, it's a good gun.

Fighter Pilot
Old 10-07-2017, 9:45 PM
Guitar: The Deplorables
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by L84CABO View Post
The Shield is a very good gun as far as sub compacts go. But the question I usually ask is, "With all the shenanigans going on in the world today, is a single stack, short sight radius, reduced capacity, sub compact gun, the weapon you want to bet your life on?"

If you're ok with the inherent limitations of a sub compact, as I said, it's a good gun.
California is limited to 10 rounds anyways. The Shield is only 2 rounds shy with a carry mag and the Magguts spring/follower, and you can have 9rd backup mags.

Sight radius... it's perfectly combat effective at 15-20 yards. Consistent 10-ring shots at 10 yards. I'm probably no more accurate with a 1911 than with the Shield.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
A just gov't will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just gov't. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.
Old 10-08-2017, 3:29 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by L84CABO View Post

No, but using my SCAR-17 as my everyday carry is problematic and sometimes well it's not all that comfortable or practical.

Do to that more often then not my everyday carry is a Glock 23, a tad better then my sometimes carried Shield but still woefully inadequate against many of the threats out there. But until we can start packing real fighting guns(rifles)we are stuck carrying handguns, big or small still no match for a rifle.
Old 10-08-2017, 5:41 AM

I like my .40 cal shield, I carry it IWB, for pocket carry I like my LC9s, smoother contour. But the shield is a fine shooter.
Front Sight DG
CRPA, USPSA, AOPA, EAA, CCW: CA & AZ
Yes, I'm related to Texas Jack
Old 10-08-2017, 7:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strykeback View Post
Just picked up my 9mm shield out of jail yesterday. The trigger is gritty and spongey and the safety is extremely stiff with 2 different stages of clicking into place. I haven't stripped it down to clean it yet nor shot it so hopefully the safety smoothes out. The trigger will get Apexed. Not because I can't shoot worth ****, but because if I'm gonna spend a day at the range with my wife putting 3 to 500 rounds with it each time along with our other options I'd prefer it to be smooth and repeatable as possible. I've learned to love my HK p30 DA trigger only because a trigger job is 3 to 400 bucks. If I can drop in a new trigger for 150 bucks then why not.

What's everyone using for sights? The factory ones looks kind of sharp for appendix carry. Have a Ronin 2.0 holster on its way for it after only having alien gear for my glock 30 and p30 at 5 o clock.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Im loving the Ameriglo i dots. Faster sight acquisition compared to the 3 dot system. Check out the tube for good reviews.
Old 10-08-2017, 8:45 AM
I need a LIFE!!

The Shield is the best selling 9mm in America. There must be a reason?