Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > 2nd Amend. Litigation Updates & Legal Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2nd Amend. Litigation Updates & Legal Discussion Discuss California 2A related litigation and legal topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 08-10-2016, 5:53 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelonehorseman View Post
That same argument could be applied to reason for CCW issue to all non-prohibited persons. If it saves one civi life, is that not equally worth it?
They can import more.
Old 08-09-2017, 11:40 AM

Curious there are no updates on this case despite activity (appeal filed, etc.) over the past several months after the case was dismissed with prejudice in August 2016. Oh, it's now titled "Jordan Gallinger, et al v. Xavier Becerra".

I guess we're dependent upon Mr. Nichols to provide the relevant updates and documents: http://blog.californiarighttocarry.org/?page_id=4323
Old 08-09-2017, 12:36 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfgeorge View Post
Curious there are no updates on this case despite activity (appeal filed, etc.) over the past several months after the case was dismissed with prejudice in August 2016. Oh, it's now titled "Jordan Gallinger, et al v. Xavier Becerra".

I guess we're dependent upon Mr. Nichols to provide the relevant updates and documents: http://blog.californiarighttocarry.org/?page_id=4323
Or, you could put, "Jordan Gallinger, et al v. Xavier Becerra", into Google and get the documents.
Old 08-09-2017, 7:25 PM
Veteran Member

Here, I'll help:
https://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.ne...pdf?1498096775
https://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.ne...pdf?1498096776
Old 08-10-2017, 7:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvrjon View Post
Or, you could put, "Jordan Gallinger, et al v. Xavier Becerra", into Google and get the documents.
Where are the other four? Why do you snidely tell us that google will provide the docs and then just list two of the six?

Yes, if you add the names of those other four docs to the new case name google will provide them, but not before. In other words you have to know the names of those other documents filed in the case thus far in order for google to reveal their location, whereas Mr. Nichols provides them all in one simple location (as above: http://blog.californiarighttocarry.org/?page_id=4323) for those of us who may not have known to search for "Appellants’ Motion to Take Judicial Notice", or "CATO Institute Amicus Brief in Support of Appellants", etc.

But, suit yourself.
Old 08-10-2017, 9:52 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfgeorge View Post
Where are the other four? Why do you snidely tell us that google will provide the docs and then just list two of the six?

Yes, if you add the names of those other four docs to the new case name google will provide them, but not before. In other words you have to know the names of those other documents filed in the case thus far in order for google to reveal their location, whereas Mr. Nichols provides them all in one simple location (as above: http://blog.californiarighttocarry.org/?page_id=4323) for those of us who may not have known to search for "Appellants’ Motion to Take Judicial Notice", or "CATO Institute Amicus Brief in Support of Appellants", etc.

But, suit yourself.
I apologize for attempting to assist you.

I shan't replicate that error in the future.
Old 08-10-2017, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvrjon View Post
I apologize for attempting to assist you.

I shan't replicate that error in the future.
Good to know that your definition of "assist" is to provide lame information that doesn't really do what you claimed it would and that even you yourself, following your own "assistance", couldn't produce the documents you claimed you could.

I'd already provided a link to ALL the documents in one convenient location, so how was you providing a faulty "assist" that only produces 33% of the documents an "assist" to me?

Perhaps you meant to write:

"I apologize for attempting to assist OTHERS by providing faulty information that was far less useful than the other information/link already posted by the user above.

I shan't replicate that error in the future."

So... anyone have any guesses they'd like to share about the probability of, and rationale for, the success or failure of the appeal?
Old 08-20-2017, 5:04 PM
Super Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacrat View Post
And the word I used was "fixed", as in not only "fixed" as in repaired. [pun]

But "fixed" as in crooked. Agreeing with your "Broken". Humorous double entendres not your strong suit I see.

Oh, never mind. When you have to break down a joke word for word, for people who just don't get it, it loses its zing.
Knock off the personal attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconLair View Post
yet witness', and THEIR families, who are more instrumental in putting away bad guys have to deal with the "get some for Johnny" gang with the same restrictions as everyone else

besides, the "get some for Johnny" mentality is usually during the course of a trial, or investigation, betting not 15-20 years later when these guys are grazing in the pastures

on a serious note, i think Ron Solo mentioned something in a post one day about running into a guy he had arrested before, don't remember the details, maybe im mistaken
I've only been retired a little over 14 years, so I'm not grazing yet. Beginning on Apri 1, 2018 tho, I'll be grazing in a pasture near you. I posted some time back that I've run into two I knew from my early years working custody (Sheriff's Dept., something we do prior to patrol). The first time I was in a dept. store in the local mall with my wife and two young children, when I heard a male yell out, Hey, Deputy ....". My wife immediately took off in the opposite direction (yes, she took the kids with her), while I, at the same time, began walking toward the voice to head him off. It was a former inmate who was with a group of a couple of males and females who all looked like gangbangers.

The other time was when I went to my cleaners to pick up my uniforms and saw a tatted up gang banger type behind the counter. My receipt of course had my name, but he didn't need as he called me by name when I walked in. Again, another former inmate, this time a trusty who had worked for me. Thankfully, he ran off approx. a month later after being in an accident while driving the company van. He wasn't at fault, so I surmised he had either a warrant or a parole or probation violation. Thankfully, I had no further contact with the former inmate.

Both incidents occurred outside the county I worked for. I lived in Riverside County in the first one and SB County in the second one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekul34 View Post
CA might have their hands tied anyway because federal law (Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act of 2004) specifically allows retired LEO to conceal carry without a permit regardless of local laws... something about former inmates coming back to try to kill them years later. It's stupid since EVERYONE should have the right to carry but there it is.
That's incorrect. Honorably retired le who had at least 10yrs. in le, obtain a ccw permit good nationwide for one year under LEOSA. If they carry a concealed firearm, they must carry the permit if they travel outside of Ca. and in Ca. if they don't carry a dept. issued one or one issued by their local lea.

Last edited by retired; 08-20-2017 at 5:15 PM..
Old 08-21-2017, 9:21 AM

I'm normally against any sort of crab in the bucket tactics, but it seems that these carved out exemptions are the norm now and something needs to change.

I'd like to see a ballot initiative for all exemptions to be removed from gun laws.