Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > 2nd Amend. Litigation Updates & Legal Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2nd Amend. Litigation Updates & Legal Discussion Discuss California 2A related litigation and legal topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2017, 8:01 PM

Default New proposed AW registration Litigation

Has a suit be filed challenging the new AW regs and is there a thread? If so, please point me to it and close this thread. Otherwise, let this be the thread for proposing and following such a suit.

I understand that the NRA-CRPA has filed a suit based on the claim that the CA AW ban violates the 2nd Amendment. I agree that it does, but it still appears to me that even if the CA AW ban does not violate the 2nd Amendment, the regs go farther than the statutes authorize the AG to go.
Old 05-21-2017, 8:40 PM
Super Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Not yet.

The week is yet young.

I believe a pre-litigation letter was sent the first time around, so it seems some of the prep work has been done.

There is no value at all complaining or analyzing or reading tea leaves to decide what these bills really mean or actually do; any bill with a chance to pass will be bad for gun owners.

The details only count after the Governor signs the bills.

Not a lawyer, just Some Guy On The Interwebs.

Old 06-06-2017, 5:50 PM

they keep sending me emails to donate for the lawsuit they filed, turns out no suit was filed? sounds about right.
Old 06-06-2017, 6:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vairox View Post
they keep sending me emails to donate for the lawsuit they filed, turns out no suit was filed? sounds about right.
Perhaps you, or they, mistook the future tense for the present tense.

No wrong tense to solicit money.

"Filed"/"will file"... almost the same.
Old 06-06-2017, 7:08 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by vairox View Post
There was a lawsuit filed... Just sayin.. actually a couple.. This is ONE of them..

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1327859

So maybe the problem is that you're not sure which lawsuit is suing for what.. this one is specifically targeting the new "laws"..

http://www.andrewwatters.com/files/Rupp-v-Becerra.pdf

And here's the actual filing.. the NRA/CRPA is doing what they can against the corrupt govt in Sacramento..
"Unless we keep the barbarian virtues, gaining the civilized ones will be of little avail. Oversentimentality, oversoftness, washiness, and mushiness are the great dangers of this age and of this people." Theodore Roosevelt

Member: Patron member NRA, lifetime member SAF, CRPA, Guardian Front Sight

Last edited by Steve1968LS2; 06-06-2017 at 7:10 PM..
Old 06-07-2017, 6:53 AM

As I understand it, Rupp challenges the CA AW ban on the basis that it violates the 2A on the basic ground that the state cannot ban weapons that are commonly possessed for lawful purposes (The F150 argument). While success would moot much of the proposed regulations, it will take years before it is finally resolved.

On the other hand, the proposed regulations could be attacked on the basis that they go beyond what the statutes authorized, a state law issue. This is the suit that I am looking/waiting for.
Old 06-07-2017, 9:27 AM

This is a suit you will see (unless DOJ yanks its regs again).
Old 06-07-2017, 9:49 AM
Veteran Member

Mr. Brady, do you by chance know a deadline by which the regs are to be approved or denied?
Old 06-08-2017, 8:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidsnake87 View Post
Mr. Brady, do you by chance know a deadline by which the regs are to be approved or denied?
It's "file and print", which they believe is exempt from approval etc, and will be effective on:

6/26/2017

https://oal.ca.gov/proposed-regulations/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DOJ.jpg (49.4 KB, 79 views)

Last edited by Crazydave; 06-08-2017 at 8:59 AM..
Old 06-08-2017, 2:22 PM
Super Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Since one of the potential litigators has answered, let's wait until the suit may be filed.

There is no value at all complaining or analyzing or reading tea leaves to decide what these bills really mean or actually do; any bill with a chance to pass will be bad for gun owners.

The details only count after the Governor signs the bills.

Not a lawyer, just Some Guy On The Interwebs.

Closed Thread