Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > 2nd Amend. Litigation Updates & Legal Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2nd Amend. Litigation Updates & Legal Discussion Discuss California 2A related litigation and legal topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 05-12-2017, 9:00 AM
Veteran Member

Default San Francisco Suit vs LAK Supply Re: Mag Parts

SF Lawsuit Update- it appears that this matter, as it relates to LAK Supply, is coming to a close. We have reached a settlement agreement with SF, and any of our customers from over the years can rest assured that all customer information is being kept confidential.

As this matter has already been handled by LAK Supply, we have re-opened the Go Fund Me campaign and are soliciting contributions to help recover some immediate costs. We wanted to make sure of what was happening before posting any updates, and we wanted to make sure that anyone who donated did so because they wanted to, not just because they just wanted our customer list protected.

If you have benefited from LAK's existence over the years, or simply like 2A-related causes, we would definitely appreciate your consideration for some support, where it's a donation or a purchase (no +10 mag parts, sorry). https://www.gofundme.com/LAKSupplyLegalDefense

Μολὼν λαβέ
.................................................. ............

www.laksupply.com
Old 05-17-2017, 5:51 PM

http://www.guns.com/2017/05/17/san-f...e-repair-kits/
Old 05-17-2017, 5:52 PM

why would these businesses fold and let a city attorney dictate to them that they can't sell in the entire state?? Wow, like a cheap suit.
Old 05-17-2017, 9:11 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjgallardo View Post
why would these businesses fold and let a city attorney dictate to them that they can't sell in the entire state?? Wow, like a cheap suit.
As in the past, part of the suit likely included giving up the names of customers. The companies chose to say F U to the state, pay a small amount, and move on.
You know, the whole "discretion being the better part of valor" and all.

Last edited by RobG; 05-18-2017 at 1:36 PM..
Old 05-17-2017, 9:31 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Perhaps rather than passing judgement it might be worthwhile to allow that fellows who had the intelligence, drive and ability to start and grow a successful business made a correct decision in the best interests of their company and customers? If you happened to be similarly situated, and perhaps you are, what might you think of someone who supposed they knew better than you what was your best course of action?
Old 05-18-2017, 4:33 AM

Have a relative buy whatever and ship it to you, if you dont have a relative one will be provided
Old 05-18-2017, 6:36 AM

Quote:
Who's going to pay for that defense? You? You, Lieutenant Weinberg?
Old 05-19-2017, 10:39 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Sean, could you post a link to your response, please? All I saw was the article by Bob Egelko.

Thank you for doing what you do. It's friggin' thankless at times.

90% of winning is simply showing up.

"Let's not lose sight of how much we reduced our carbon footprint by telecommuting this protest." 383green

NRA Benefactor Member
Old 05-19-2017, 11:26 PM

Thanks for the kind words Josh.

Egelko's article is the one I was referring to:

http://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/a...f-11150073.php

I will be making a more detailed statement about this case and how people can help my clients after their being robbed by SF City Attorney Dennis Herrera with their patronage in the coming days.

Bottom line, Herrera abused his office to bring a politically motivated case against my clients that had no merit. He is a shameless tyrant.
Old 05-25-2017, 6:02 PM
Veteran Member

First off, thank you Sean for the support! For anybody that needs a first class bunch of pro-2A attorneys, these are your guys. They've helped out when they didn't need to, and put their clients' needs alongside their own, which is rare in this day and age. Stand-up folks all the way!

Secondly, in response to the "folding up" comment... our first order of business was making sure there wasn't any blowback from this suit on our customers. That was the case with this deal, so we went ahead and took it. That was a far better option than dealing with ongoing legal proceedings, requests for customer records (yes, that was asked for), etc.

Μολὼν λαβέ
.................................................. ............

www.laksupply.com
Old 05-25-2017, 10:33 PM

Are we going to get to a point that we must choose to do business with venders that do not keep customer information? Just so they can not be harassed in this way?
Old 05-26-2017, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAK Supply View Post
First off, thank you Sean for the support! For anybody that needs a first class bunch of pro-2A attorneys, these are your guys. They've helped out when they didn't need to, and put their clients' needs alongside their own, which is rare in this day and age. Stand-up folks all the way!

Secondly, in response to the "folding up" comment... our first order of business was making sure there wasn't any blowback from this suit on our customers. That was the case with this deal, so we went ahead and took it. That was a far better option than dealing with ongoing legal proceedings, requests for customer records (yes, that was asked for), etc.
I agree with you wholeheartedly, but I would argue that they didn't have to, but did in fact "need" to. It shows strong character, good ethics and an understanding of value beyond immediate gratification and financial gain. It's a damn constitutional right that we're fighting for.

I'm sure glad we have attorneys willing to do this, when I'm sure they could make grips of money chasing ambulances or something. They could be driving Ferraris and living in Beverly Hills dating high profile models and stuff, but it sure seems like an empty existence to me. Now if they could drive Ferraris and date high profile models and stuff, and fight the good fight, well, then we're getting somewhere.

I have loads of gratitude for these guys and glad they were in your corner. Thanks.

I owe FP something.
Old 05-26-2017, 2:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by numpty View Post
I'm sure glad we have attorneys willing to do this, when I'm sure they could make grips of money chasing ambulances or something. They could be driving Ferraris and living in Beverly Hills dating high profile models and stuff, but it sure seems like an empty existence to me.
Wait, what?!! I'm out of here!
Old 05-26-2017, 8:33 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrady@Michel&Associates View Post

Bottom line, Herrera abused his office to bring a politically motivated case against my clients that had no merit. He is a shameless tyrant.
Couldn't the term "shameless tyrant" apply to most of the politicians in Sacramento?
"Unless we keep the barbarian virtues, gaining the civilized ones will be of little avail. Oversentimentality, oversoftness, washiness, and mushiness are the great dangers of this age and of this people." Theodore Roosevelt

Member: Patron member NRA, lifetime member SAF, CRPA, Guardian Front Sight
Old 05-27-2017, 8:36 AM

Anyone who is claiming that LAK and the other defendants "folded up" is just spewing about something they know nothing about. LAK and the other defendants defended their customers' information, and settled in the best interests of not only themselves, but also their customers. The attorneys in this case did a stellar job of helping to clean up a problem.
Old 06-03-2017, 7:50 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Back in the day, I used to do business with the OP. This was before all the laws were changed. This guy was great, he always answer the phone, always by my order right, and was very friendly to deal with. I'm really glad it turned out like this for him and not worse. He's a very decent person and doing business from Wyoming. One of my favorite States