Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > 2nd Amend. Litigation Updates & Legal Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2nd Amend. Litigation Updates & Legal Discussion Discuss California 2A related litigation and legal topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 02-14-2017, 7:55 AM
Veteran Member

Preliminary Go Fund Me set up... will keep everyone abreast of any happenings! Thank you! https://www.gofundme.com/73e95-help-lak-fight-sf

Μολὼν λαβέ
.................................................. ............

www.laksupply.com
Old 02-14-2017, 12:48 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonUser View Post
I'm not seeing these rebuild kids on their site (http://www.exilemachine.net). Where would such kits be found? I want to makes sure I don't buy these kits from them.
that is cause exile removed it from their site.

and there was no direct link to it. there was just a little checkbox option just above the quantity you wanted to order that said something like "disassemble/rebuild kit only"
Proof we can all comment on whatever we want if it's at all related to the topic at hand!
Old 03-01-2017, 7:05 PM
Calguns Addict

OK, sooooooooooooo
I thought having rebuild kits was still a grey area for CA?
Are they making a claim here that they can't make..........

"This is a notice that the san francisco superior court has ordered LAK Supply to send to you:

LAK Supply has misrepresented california and san francisco law and thus may have illegally sold a product to you. By possessing this product, you may be in violation of california and/or san francisco law.

Under california law, it is illegal for individuals in the state to buy large-capacity magazine "repair" or "rebuild" kits or any disassembled large-capacity magazine (a magazine with capacity of ten or more rounds).

Under san francisco law, it is illegal for individuals in the city to possess these kits or any disassemble large-capacity magazines.

As of July 1, 2017, it will be illegal for individuals anywhere in the state of california to possess large-capacity magazine "repair" or "rebuild" kits or any disassembled large-capacity magazine.

Limited exceptions to these laws may apply."

"Yeah, like... well, I just want to slap a hippie or two. Maybe even make them get jobs."

Old 03-01-2017, 7:15 PM

Fear not California Rebels and Patriots. Your supplies can and will be ordered out of state and shipped to you direct. The Black Market is Alive and Well.
There are States East of the river who will ship anything directly to you.
Start Voting Republican to save yourself
Old 03-02-2017, 9:42 AM

I have several questions if you dont mind.
sanfran is harassing you at this point and has compelled you to send an email to California customers
have they tried to compel you to provide them a list of customers who purchased these kits?

Why not just purge the po's for any California orders?
Old 03-02-2017, 9:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver View Post
OK, sooooooooooooo
I thought having rebuild kits was still a grey area for CA?
Are they making a claim here that they can't make..........

"This is a notice that the san francisco superior court has ordered LAK Supply to send to you:

LAK Supply has misrepresented california and san francisco law and thus may have illegally sold a product to you. By possessing this product, you may be in violation of california and/or san francisco law.

Under california law, it is illegal for individuals in the state to buy large-capacity magazine "repair" or "rebuild" kits or any disassembled large-capacity magazine (a magazine with capacity of ten or more rounds).

Under san francisco law, it is illegal for individuals in the city to possess these kits or any disassemble large-capacity magazines.

As of July 1, 2017, it will be illegal for individuals anywhere in the state of california to possess large-capacity magazine "repair" or "rebuild" kits or any disassembled large-capacity magazine.

Limited exceptions to these laws may apply."

I assume the fact the lak has been ordered to send it means lak has not provided the names of users or kkkalifornia would be issuing threats of it's own
Old 03-02-2017, 9:46 AM

san fran ordered lak to say thi "LAK Supply has misrepresented california and san francisco law " was lak found guilty of this already or is it pending?
Old 03-02-2017, 12:12 PM
Super Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver View Post
That's false-to-fact.

The law restricts "large-capacity magazine conversion kits". Until such time as 'repair or rebuild kits' are legally made equivalent to "large-capacity magazine conversion kits", their statement is incorrect.

Unfortunately, the likelihood of establishing that connection is very high.

There is no value at all complaining or analyzing or reading tea leaves to decide what these bills really mean or actually do; any bill with a chance to pass will be bad for gun owners.

The details only count after the Governor signs the bills.

Not a lawyer, just Some Guy On The Interwebs.

Old 03-16-2017, 4:57 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by seal20 View Post
Trying to supplement their soon to be lost federal funds. ..
I wonder if we could get a city in CA to declare themselves a "Constitution-Support/Anti-Tyrant Sanctuary City" and let all firearm business emanate from that location? That city could refuse to allow CA DoJ/law enforcement agencies into the city, they could sneak anyone charged with crimes by SF or LA out the judge's private entrance, etc.
"The cases will publish forever the discouraging truth that the Supreme Court of the United States favors some laws over others, and is prepared to do whatever it takes to uphold and assist its favorites."
-Antonin Scalia, Supreme Court Justice
Old 03-19-2017, 6:44 AM

All this sanctuary city crap and banning legally owned products will soon go away when the feds shut off the money faucet. Already the LA city mayor is trying to get big money for his railway project. Lets see what SF, NYC, Chicago etc. does when the time comes. If they decide to continue to enforce their stupid azz laws then its up to you as individuals if you want to obey them.
Old 03-24-2017, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcheung2 View Post
"the only purpose of these magazines is to kill as many people as quickly as possible..." Then why do you want to your police to have them?
Because they want to waste public money. These guys spend hours on the range practicing shooting. Then when a situation arise, suich as a man with a knife, instead of using their yawara-stick and other martial arts training, they empty their loads as rapidly as they can. In the old days the cops needed only 1 or 2 shots froma .357 to incapacitate a person. In fact they revelled in using their batons. We complained about that & now we have worse!
Old 04-26-2017, 12:36 PM

What is their definition of "kit"?

All parts capable of assembling a magazine in a bag? The body itself?
Old 05-12-2017, 8:31 AM
Veteran Member

SF Lawsuit Update- it appears that this matter, as it relates to LAK Supply, is coming to a close. We have reached a settlement agreement with SF, and any of our customers from over the years can rest assured that all customer information is being kept confidential.

As this matter has already been handled by LAK Supply, we have re-opened the Go Fund Me campaign and are soliciting contributions to help recover some immediate costs. We wanted to make sure of what was happening before posting any updates, and we wanted to make sure that anyone who donated did so because they wanted to, not just because they just wanted our customer list protected.

If you have benefited from LAK's existence over the years, or simply like 2A-related causes, we would definitely appreciate your consideration for some support, where it's a donation or a purchase (no +10 mag parts, sorry). https://www.gofundme.com/LAKSupplyLegalDefense

Μολὼν λαβέ
.................................................. ............

www.laksupply.com
Old 05-12-2017, 9:19 AM

Also, are the links still down on these kits. I want to make sure I'm unable to order these and not able to accidentally purchase them.

If they exist, please let me know, so I can make sure to not buy them.