Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > OUTDOORS, HUNTING AND SURVIVAL > Survival and Preparations
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Survival and Preparations Long and short term survival and 'prepping'.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-27-2009, 1:03 AM
In Memoriam

What about Kotex or Maxi pads or what ever they're called? Some of you said you have woment to think of. If you have an injury that is a bleeder these work for that too.

Eye drops also work for ear aches. I could be wrong on this one check it out for yourselves.

Googles and face masks. If you are without sanitation for some time the masks can keep the dried crap out of your lungs along with dust. There was plenty of dust after the Northridge quake some dirt some asbestos.

To the OP I'd go 223 not 6.8. I understand better knockdown longer range but lighter and more plentiful trumps the advantage of the 6.8. Just a thought I wouldn't go with a caliber that isn't available at any store or from somebody you might meet up with. This is a personal decision.

Aluminum foil I don't know if this is a good idea or not. It works great around the house and if you needed to signal somebody it might be helpful.

Is the BOB something you are going to put on your back and start walking or something in your car and you are planning on driving out of the area?

Chem lites are a good thing maybe not for hitting the road but not too bad for your house if there isn't any power. One light is good for up to 12 hours.

Did anybody mention maps? If you are going to hit the road they are a good thing.

When I hit the lotto I'm only shooting factory.

Last edited by randy; 01-27-2009 at 1:07 AM..