Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Old 12-20-2015, 9:02 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germ1 View Post
Glad to see people recommending BCM and not some 500 dollar plinking rifle, or worse some 1500 dollar .223 1:8 twist plinking rifle. lol.
Old 12-20-2015, 9:04 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by liber View Post
Yes, talking AR pistol. My point is that an AR pistol actually gives much better stability when shooting, opposed to a handgun. Even when using 2 hands with a handgun, at least speaking for myself, I feel more stable with a an AR pistol
You don't say?
Old 12-20-2015, 9:07 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt View Post
An AR rifle/carbine for home defense? How close is your nearest neighbor?
223 penetrates less than 9mm/45/40/buck...

This thread is so full of fud
Old 12-20-2015, 9:11 AM

Build your ar15 however you want it, but it's a ****ty choice for a home defense gun.

I know that it's every new ar owners dream to be woke in the middle of the night by some thud, and instantly spring into action clearing the home with your pimped out ar15.

Here is the reality.

You wake up, grab your pimped out gun....

Stumble over your wife's shoes ,half asleep, drop gun.

Pick up gun .

Open bedroom door. Switch on mega light. Instantly blind yourself .

Close door. Wait 30 seconds for pain in your retinas to stop.

Open door again.

Turn on mega light again to "clear" hallway. (GAhh that's so fin bright! But don't worry nobody saw it but you.)

Walk down the hall, stealth active.

Make it to the living room and pie the corner like a true home based operator, mega light searching for the slightest movement. Almost shoot cat in face.

Continue clearing house knowing it was the cat, just to get more operating time and complete the drill.

Get a shotgun. Fill it with #1 buck and save the AR for the range or shtf.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ir0nclash86 View Post
I would wipe it off for the simple fact of not wanting to get sprayed in the face with it during the first few rounds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ride Madone View Post
It does not matter.An AR is the very best and safest weapon to use for home defence.
Old 12-20-2015, 9:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocomM4 View Post
Build your ar15 however you want it, but it's a ****ty choice for a home defense gun.

I know that it's every new ar owners dream to be woke in the middle of the night by some thud, and instantly spring into action clearing the home with your pimped out ar15.

Here is the reality.

You wake up, grab your pimped out gun....

Stumble over your wife's shoes ,half asleep, drop gun.

Pick up gun .

Open bedroom door. Switch on mega light. Instantly blind yourself .

Close door. Wait 30 seconds for pain in your retinas to stop.

Open door again.

Turn on mega light again to "clear" hallway. (GAhh that's so fin bright! But don't worry nobody saw it but you.)

Walk down the hall, stealth active.

Make it to the living room and pie the corner like a true home based operator, mega light searching for the slightest movement. Almost shoot cat in face.

Continue clearing house knowing it was the cat, just to get more operating time and complete the drill.

Get a shotgun. Fill it with #1 buck and save the AR for the range or shtf.
Sorry, but your entire post is complete BS. If you aren't going to train properly, you will stumble over yourself no matter what gun you've chosen. I'm sure you like the easy road of just buying a stock 870 and calling it a day, and that's your decision (ignorant though it may be).

"IMA RACK THAT SLIDE AND THEY'LL JUST BE LIKE, SCREW THAT! 'MURICA!"

Right, sir? I suggest you do a little research on buckshot overpenetration and update your home defense mindset from 1976.
Old 12-20-2015, 9:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt View Post
An AR rifle/carbine for home defense? How close is your nearest neighbor?
It does not matter. An AR is the very best and safest weapon to use for home defence. The key is to use the lightest, fastest ammo with a soft point. A soft point round traveling at 3200 feet per second will stop at the second layer of drywall. It may knock the second layer of drywall out, but it will be non fatal (or non injuring) on the other side.

On the other hand, if you use steel core ammo, you may very well kill your family or neighbors.
Old 12-20-2015, 9:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3000+ View Post
Sorry, but your entire post is complete BS. If you aren't going to train properly, you will stumble over yourself no matter what gun you've chosen. I'm sure you like the easy road of just buying a stock 870 and calling it a day, and that's your decision (ignorant though it may be).

"IMA RACK THAT SLIDE AND THEY'LL JUST BE LIKE, SCREW THAT!
'MURICA!"

Right, sir? I suggest you do a little research on buckshot overpenetration and update your home defense mindset from 1976.
I hope so. I have even prayed that's all it takes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ir0nclash86 View Post
I would wipe it off for the simple fact of not wanting to get sprayed in the face with it during the first few rounds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ride Madone View Post
It does not matter.An AR is the very best and safest weapon to use for home defence.