Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > OUTDOORS, HUNTING AND SURVIVAL > Survival and Preparations
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Survival and Preparations Long and short term survival and 'prepping'.

Old 06-24-2015, 7:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem1950 View Post
Being careful about what is safe to barter with...and what's not.

http://readynutrition.com/resources/...tial_22062015/
That's some good common sense advice. Thanks for the link.

Old 06-25-2015, 4:13 AM
Calguns Addict

Not only was my mailbox cluster ripped open a short time ago, but the one next to it, and recently my child care provider's too, apparently.
Old 06-25-2015, 4:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by the86d View Post
Not only was my mailbox cluster ripped open a short time ago, but the one next to it, and recently my child care provider's too, apparently.
I think it's a whole new cottage industry to steal mail and the goodies inside.

I've had (2) times in last 4 months were my clients checks to me were stolen from their commercial boxes out for delivery.

They went as far as making calling cards for my business to cash the checks, which the banks didn't do. Ultimately they were caught because they were many beers short of a 6 pack. Telling the teller what motel they were at.

Last edited by sixoclockhold; 06-25-2015 at 4:24 AM..
Old 06-25-2015, 7:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the86d View Post
They were breaking into mail trucks at least 10 years ago on the day of the month social security checks came out.

The mailbox clusters are just easy targets for an idiot with a crowbar or a truck
Old 06-25-2015, 10:47 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripon83 View Post
Sorry but in SHTF it is prepared people that survive. And the they get it. When it comes to trade, money, etc the people holding out a debit card won't be around long. Their fate will be on FEMA. The balance will be more intelligent.
Well, that's the prepper's fantasy dream, isn't it? But the reality will be much different. Even a sidelong glance at the history of SHTF events bears out the fact that it's NOT only the prepared people who survive.
"The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed—where the government refuses to stand for re-election and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake free people get to make only once." - Justice Alex Kozinski, 9th US Circuit Crt of Appeals
Old 06-25-2015, 11:13 AM
Veteran Member

^^^ This....the folks who will survive are the ones willing to do what it takes. This is true for pretty much EVERYTHING in life.

You have people who are willing to risk it all to start a business. To win in a street fight. To survive jail or prison. Etc., etc.

Those kind of people...and some who are just plain lucky...will come out alive and well on the other side of a SHTF event.

Now don't get me wrong...I do believe in being prepaid. I was a good Boy Scout until I was kicked out for eating a Brownie...but I regress. But for most people being a "prepper" is just a hobby / day dream. Just defending a static location for any length of time is doomed unless you have a huge group of people and a sustainable location.

My advice...stack some gold and silver...but get out and live your life. Because NO ONE gets out of it alive.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
- Sigmund Freud

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar15barrels View Post
It makes it bigger and longer.
Old 06-25-2015, 11:15 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyguy View Post
Well, that's the prepper's fantasy dream, isn't it? But the reality will be much different. Even a sidelong glance at the history of SHTF events bears out the fact that it's NOT only the prepared people who survive.
I do agree, however I think the majority of survivors in a true SHTF situation will be those already self-sufficient or those that are prepared to become so. The others will be those that prey on the self-sufficient ones to survive (and you wouldn't trade with those anyway I would hope).
There are always exceptions.

My only point was that if someone doesn't know the value of the pre-64 coins (being that they are simple quarters and dimes) then they most likely won't realize the value of an ASE since it says $1 on the back. Or they will 'feel' and look different than normal coins they are used to so they might think they are getting swindled.

Perhaps I'm completely wrong. I didn't start buying PMs for barter purposes so take my opinion with a grain of salt.
WTB: multiautomatic ghost gun with a .30-caliber clip to disperse with 30 bullets within half a second. Must include shoulder thing that goes up. Memberships/Affiliations: CERT, ARRL ARES, NRA Patron Member, HRC, CGN/CGSSA, Cal-FFL
Old 06-25-2015, 12:01 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaligaran View Post
I do agree, however I think the majority of survivors in a true SHTF situation will be those already self-sufficient or those that are prepared to become so. The others will be those that prey on the self-sufficient ones to survive (and you wouldn't trade with those anyway I would hope).
I don't buy PMs for bartering, because I don't want to live in any post-SHTF society where I would need to barter for survival. In my mind, the only reason to purchase PMs is to buy my family a way out of that scenario.

Quote:
My only point was that if someone doesn't know the value of the pre-64 coins (being that they are simple quarters and dimes) then they most likely won't realize the value of an ASE since it says $1 on the back. Or they will 'feel' and look different than normal coins they are used to so they might think they are getting swindled.

Perhaps I'm completely wrong.
With all due respect, I think you are completely wrong. While the vast majority of people have no idea about the silver content of "junk silver" coins, they are not so stupid that they can't recognize minted gold and silver coins. But that is one reason I prefer to purchase government minted PMs as opposed to, say, silver rounds.
"The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed—where the government refuses to stand for re-election and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake free people get to make only once." - Justice Alex Kozinski, 9th US Circuit Crt of Appeals

Last edited by Spyguy; 06-25-2015 at 12:07 PM..
Old 06-25-2015, 12:20 PM
Banned

A lot of rich people will survive because they have thought about these scenarios. A plane can take you to spots fairly quickly and round trips can bring in additions you might need.

Take for instance, would you become a mercenary for $10,000 equivalent a day? To rich people this is chump change, they will have 30 protecting their family till they fly out. They will then be able to fly in whatever resources they need in their secluded well fortified outback. Maybe all those 30 and their families get flown in?

You need guns, NP buy it, food buy it, water probably in the selected location.

Sure some may perish but as always, money talks and BS walks.
Old 06-25-2015, 12:30 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
With all due respect, I think you are completely wrong. While the vast majority of people have no idea about the silver content of "junk silver" coins, they are not so stupid that they can't recognize minted gold and silver coins. But that is one reason I prefer to purchase government minted PMs as opposed to, say, silver rounds.
No disrespect taken. I appreciate alternate viewpoints.

I guess I just have less faith in people and their understanding of precious metals.
Based on my own experiences with people I have spoken with (all educated as well) who don't invest/read about or think about prepping, they don't really understand why a 1oz silver eagle says $1 on the back if it's not 'worth' $1.

I totally understand that people try to hedge against the problem of others not knowing what a 1oz round is by buying gov minted stuff and that's totally reasonable and I do not see any flaw in that thinking.

For those of us not purchasing for post-SHTF barter and simply as an alternative form of holding wealth or a hedge against inflation, why purchase gov minted stuff at the premium instead of generic rounds from private reputable mints?
WTB: multiautomatic ghost gun with a .30-caliber clip to disperse with 30 bullets within half a second. Must include shoulder thing that goes up. Memberships/Affiliations: CERT, ARRL ARES, NRA Patron Member, HRC, CGN/CGSSA, Cal-FFL
Old 06-25-2015, 1:01 PM

Quote:
No disrespect taken. I appreciate alternate viewpoints.

I guess I just have less faith in people and their understanding of precious metals.
Based on my own experiences with people I have spoken with (all educated as well) who don't invest/read about or think about prepping, they don't really understand why a 1oz silver eagle says $1 on the back if it's not 'worth' $1.

I totally understand that people try to hedge against the problem of others not knowing what a 1oz round is by buying gov minted stuff and that's totally reasonable and I do not see any flaw in that thinking.

For those of us not purchasing for post-SHTF barter and simply as an alternative form of holding wealth or a hedge against inflation, why purchase gov minted stuff at the premium instead of generic rounds from private reputable mints?
Generally, the premium you pay for Gov minted coins will be recouped at the time of sale. My experience has been that if you buy anything minted by a reputable firm, the only time you get a fair price for it when selling is when you sell back to that same firm. If you go down to your local precious metals dealer, they'll treat anything other than Maples and Eagles as "generic rounds" and give you about $1 less than spot for them. Eagles tend to go for about $1.50 above spot, and Maples tend to go for about $1 above spot. So, in the short term, that extra premium you pay for the Gov issued coins is easily recouped when you sell.

As far as a SHTF situation, who the heck knows... I can only look at it from my own perspective - if someone wanted to get $25 worth of goods with an Eagle, I'd take it. If they wanted to get $25 worth of goods with some Sunshine Mint round, I'd be in negotiation mode and asking for more.
Old 06-25-2015, 1:55 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurelpark View Post
Generally, the premium you pay for Gov minted coins will be recouped at the time of sale. My experience has been that if you buy anything minted by a reputable firm, the only time you get a fair price for it when selling is when you sell back to that same firm. If you go down to your local precious metals dealer, they'll treat anything other than Maples and Eagles as "generic rounds" and give you about $1 less than spot for them. Eagles tend to go for about $1.50 above spot, and Maples tend to go for about $1 above spot. So, in the short term, that extra premium you pay for the Gov issued coins is easily recouped when you sell.
That's very good to know!

So when you sell back to a dealer, you end up losing about $1 either way it sounds. In that case, it makes way more sense.

I wasn't aware that dealers paid about $1.50 over spot for ASEs. I'm still very new to all of this. That does change the equation.
Old 06-26-2015, 5:55 AM
Banned

Two more trading days of the Kabuki Theater, as suggested the EU, IMF and Merkel are folding (wink wink) to Greece and will print whatever they need in cash to stem the tide of default. This is the new normal globally, print to your hearts content without ramifications, sorta.

Two classes Very Rich and Very Poor....get you some !

Wait for it..... $1,150
Old 06-26-2015, 6:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixoclockhold View Post
Two more trading days of the Kabuki Theater, as suggested the EU, IMF and Merkel are folding (wink wink) to Greece and will print whatever they need in cash to stem the tide of default. This is the new normal globally, print to your hearts content without ramifications, sorta.

Two classes Very Rich and Very Poor....get you some !

Wait for it..... $1,150
Let's not be too sure of that. While I think Greece will get bailed out (to the eventual detriment of the EU), they may just default and technically wipe out their debt. Greece is pretty unhappy with the EU right now, and all their printing presses are still available to them. It might be seen as good business sense for them to wipe the slate clean, print up a ton of their own money, and restructure. Sure, they'll be hosed as far as international financing goes, and they'll be in for some tough times, but I think they may just follow the American Dream and declare bankruptcy to get out from under their debt burden. To them, that would be the ultimate F-U to Europe and from a cultural perspective, that's something that would be popular.

It'll certainly be an interesting weekend and I'm going to watch it carefully.

On a related note, here's a really great deal on in-assay gold ($4 over spot):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rand-Refiner...y/331552798850

For you Silver collectors, this deal can't be beat with a stick (about $1/coin over spot for very collectible coins):
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-100-2015...-/331591031274
Old 06-26-2015, 6:54 AM
Banned

Park

We will just agree to disagree on Greece. There is no way in hell it's leaving the Euro, that just isn't in the cards of the elite. The Greek people are more than happy to stay in the Euro now with a small haircut to their pensions.

Leaving the Euro would mean sanctions, like no tourism, no exports, shrivel up and rot. Siding with Russia might even mean more drastic measures.

The globe population is a take care of me mindset now, taxes mean nothing to the elite, they don't need tax money, they got the presses and there is nothing we can do about it for now.

Take for example Silver, I have never been a proponent of silver here, my record is clear on that. Well over the last 4 years your purchasing power of silver vs gold has declined 2 to one. Poor mans Gold and they punish the poor man. This will continue on and on doing it.

Gold if your smart but not too much.

11/9/15 Fuky Guru
Old 06-26-2015, 7:06 AM

It certainly will be interesting to see what happens. This weekend is going to be like the Grexit playoffs and I look forward to tossing a few beers back tomorrow as the news emerges.

On the silver vs. gold discussion, it's true that silver took a pounding since it's highs - but it also had almost a 10x runup while gold had about a 4x runup. I started buying silver in 2004 at under $6/oz. and sold almost all of it in the mid 40's. When it came back down to the $17 range again, I started buying - and went almost all-in when it dipped briefly into the $14 range at the end of the year. So, silver is MUCH more volatile than gold, and when silver takes off, it really takes off. Same goes for the downside... I'm a gambler by nature, so silver is a fun one to play with because it swings so wildly. I agree that gold is probably a safer bet, so I buy it when I can for long-term holding, but silver is just more fun and life is short.
Old 06-26-2015, 9:12 AM
Calguns Addict

Here's a good deal on 1oz Gold Maple Leafs:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1086975
Old 06-27-2015, 12:52 AM
Banned

Fuky Guru a mind reader? No sooner does he post that the Greek people will take a hair cut and continue on the free money train does "Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras called a referendum on austerity demands from foreign creditors on Saturday, rejecting an "ultimatum" from lenders and putting a deal that could determine Greece's future in Europe to a risky popular vote."

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/greece...003628954.html

I guess Monday we see who was right?
Old 06-27-2015, 1:06 AM
Banned

Is Gold going to save your arse? NO

What it will do is give you that choice when the time comes to call your destiny. At least you get that, which if you are a man, means a hell of a lot.

Getting out of debt and being beholden to no one is key first. Then I only see one way out and the task is pretty much like finding a needle in a hay stack.

Picture the Rose Bowl with 100,000 people and you have to attach yourself to that one person that really matters going forward in the Big Picture.

Other than that, read the Bible, live your life the best you can. There is support there and great gifts.
Old 06-27-2015, 6:12 AM

I'm on the edge of my seat on this one. I think Germany just shut the door on Greece and they're going to Plan B... The referendum vote was called too late - they can't change the rules at this point, and they knew that they had a deadline. Calling a vote doesn't change the deadline, so this will be interesting to watch - the deadline will lapse, the banking system will go a bit crazy, people will have no idea what's next. The vote will happen in the midst of some chaos, which ultimately will lead to the people voting for "make this chaos go away." At that point, the EU will have leverage to make Greece do whatever they want, and that will just lead to more drama.
Old 06-27-2015, 6:42 AM
Banned

Just more theater for the vote. The public was already in majority not to leave the EU, by vote time it should be a vast majority to say give us our pensions albeit slightly smaller. Who makes the voting machines? Hanging chad anyone. I'm sure this was all planned this way.

The elite got this covered.
Old 06-27-2015, 8:36 AM

Talks are now focusing on the EU demanding that Greece not ignore its debts. The fun begins... Greece is undoubtedly going to counter the European "blackmail" by telling Europe to F-U on the debt that is due. These people really are nuts.

This Greek drama, combined with the pending implosion of the Chinese stock market, combined with the likely fall-apart of the Iranian talks are going to lead to a very interesting week. Add to that the coordinated terrorist attacks that are barely making the news and we have some volatility coming at us.
Old 06-27-2015, 11:30 AM
Banned

https://gold-forum.kitco.com/showthr...-of-year/page2

Lots of news on China setting the gold fix by year end also.

And what's this that Austria removing banking guarantee starting in July? Wow, deposits ain't worth the digits shown, gulp.
Old 06-27-2015, 12:12 PM
Banned

Key word: Derivatives

Goldman Sachs (couldn't happen to a nicer firm) has a huge exposure in un-regulated derivatives in a Greece default.

Derivatives are so top secret globally and discussions on Greece's problems take into effect these financial vehicles. GS is a DOW 30 component, can you say "timber"?

http://www.valuewalk.com/2015/02/gre...atives-grexit/
Old 06-27-2015, 1:35 PM

Like I said, this is like the Grexit play-offs... It'll be amazing to see how many of the big firms are highly exposed to this drama. I don't know what will happen, but a lot of the paper exposure the big players have will likely be closed up in order to window-dress and minimize the losses from their Greek speculative positions. I mean, who could resist 22% returns on a two-year government backed bond?

My uneducated guess is that we see a spike in safe haven investments starting at 3pm on Sunday. I jumped on a few eBay metals deals today before the sellers took them offline........
Old 06-27-2015, 1:55 PM
Banned

I like Max...The gold is gone

Russian can't find 5,000 tons they want, not available.

Listen @ 20:00

http://rt.com/shows/keiser-report/27...de-max-keiser/
Old 06-27-2015, 2:04 PM

I know you're not a big silver fan, but the physical demand for both metals are going to be quite interesting in the near future. Gold will dominate the investment landscape, and silver will follow (with an added boost when physical supplies for industrial demand are realized to be gone).

My uneducated guess is that anyone with exposure to global financial markets should probably move to US based cash quick. Once things fall apart, move back into the solid economies and be happy with the quick pop in value. From there, move towards hard assets... Once the world sees what can happen in a EU country, they'll start worrying about what can happen next door.

Hope it all works out, but the world is run by people, and people are fallible.
Old 06-27-2015, 4:51 PM

Default Coming Financial Crash to Result in 25-YEAR DEPRESSION:

See links at following URL if interested further:

Coming Financial Crash to Result in 25-YEAR DEPRESSION:

http://america-hijacked.com/2014/10/...ar-depression/

Parliament approves referendum; Greece's future in balance

http://news.yahoo.com/greeks-face-un...--finance.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixoclockhold View Post
Key word: Derivatives

Goldman Sachs (couldn't happen to a nicer firm) has a huge exposure in un-regulated derivatives in a Greece default.

Derivatives are so top secret globally and discussions on Greece's problems take into effect these financial vehicles. GS is a DOW 30 component, can you say "timber"?

http://www.valuewalk.com/2015/02/gre...atives-grexit/

Last edited by JusticeQuest; 06-27-2015 at 6:37 PM..
Old 06-27-2015, 5:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticeQuest View Post
See links at following URL if interested further:

Coming Financial Crash to Result in 25-YEAR DEPRESSION:

http://america-hijacked.com/2014/10/...ar-depression/
I was going to read you link UNTIL I noticed the byline: "Your Government is Highjacked by Zionism".
Old 06-27-2015, 5:26 PM

Stupid religious crap has nothing to do with it. Smart people abound in every religion, despite what people may try to convey. It's not like any particular religion has a preponderance of one type of person or another. Duh.
Old 06-27-2015, 5:51 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurelpark View Post
Stupid religious crap has nothing to do with it. Smart people abound in every religion except Islam, despite what people may try to convey. It's not like any particular religion has a preponderance of one type of person or another, except Islam which has a preponderance of terrorists, acid-throwing misogynists, bigots, bloodthirsty neck cutters, seventh century ignoramuses, and goat f***ers. Duh.
FIFY
Old 06-27-2015, 6:25 PM

Default 9/11 Motive & Media Betrayal

Former CIA Bin Laden unit head Michael Scheuer on terrorism motivation in following youtube if interested further:

9/11 Motive & Media Betrayal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95nc...0&feature=plpp

Quote:
FIFY
Old 06-27-2015, 9:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticeQuest View Post
Former CIA Bin Laden unit head Michael Scheuer on terrorism motivation in following youtube if interested further:

9/11 Motive & Media Betrayal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95nc...0&feature=plpp
Thanks for the video! It made me want to support Israel more.

Aren't 9/11 and Muslims and Israel all a bit off-topic from this thread? If you want to discuss those topics, why not take it to OT? Or are you suggesting that Israel is somehow manipulating the price of precious metals?
Old 06-28-2015, 1:43 AM

Default USS Liberty

Guess you missed the Israel threat to US troops warning by General Petraeus and CENTCOM as well (scroll to Mondoweiss.net article at following link)!:

General Petraeus’s leaked emails about Israel:

http://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/me...-israel-emails

Assume an apparent Israel firster like yourself is okay with Israel murdering Sailors and Marines on the USS Liberty too?:

Day Israel Attacked America (USS Liberty):

http://america-hijacked.com/2014/10/...acked-america/

Neocons had US invade Iraq for Israel too (with over 5,000 dead US troops with thousands more wounded):

Whose War (Israel's war!)?:

http://www.theamericanconservative.c...les/whose-war/

USS Liberty and neocon 'Clean Break' was mentioned as well in that 'Whose War?' article leaked above:

Neocon Clean Break:

http://neoconzionistthreat.blogspot....ean-break.html

Iraq war cost: $6 trillion. What else could have been done?
:

http://articles.latimes.com/2013/mar...-cost-20130318

America's costly war machine
Fighting the war on terror compromises the economy now and threatens it in the future.

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/sep...-cost-20110918

You might also be interested in what Colin Powell's former assistant (Colonel Lawrence Wilkerson) said near end of following youtube as well:

The Israel Lobby (VPRO):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N294FMDok98

The “National Summit to Reassess the U.S.-Israel ‘Special Relationship’”:

http://america-hijacked.com/2014/03/...-relationship/

Same Neocons trying to get US into WW3 with Russia as well:

http://america-hijacked.com/2014/02/...ussia-analyst/

PS: I was just responding to a reply to my earlier reply but agree that more discussion about such beyond this response should perhaps be for another thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not a Cook View Post
Thanks for the video! It made me want to support Israel more.

Aren't 9/11 and Muslims and Israel all a bit off-topic from this thread? If you want to discuss those topics, why not take it to OT? Or are you suggesting that Israel is somehow manipulating the price of precious metals?

Last edited by JusticeQuest; 06-28-2015 at 3:05 AM..
Old 06-28-2015, 6:00 AM
Banned

Yeah but,

"The antiquities authority soon found a huge trove of gold coins, the largest ever unearthed in Israel. All told, about 2,000 gold coins were discovered under the ocean. Despite spending a millenium in the harsh saltwater environment, the coins were in pristine condition and needed no refurbishing or conservation work. That's because gold, as a noble metal, does not react with air or water."

http://www.livescience.com/49838-ima...old-coins.html

Love the skinny look, would like to take up diving again
Old 06-28-2015, 7:30 AM
Banned

Park, I just can't get trusting of Silver with JP having the largest hoard ever.

Now pay attention Rip,

This is how it goes down, meaning US buckeroo

We have discussed the comex is broke and the only Gold is coming from Fort Knox and the taxpayers for anyone actually taking delivery. We have also seen China's hoard sooo dang big they have soaked up everything, including mines all over the world. We have seen they intend to set the price of Gold before the end of the year...hows 11/9/15 sound?

Now the execution: China sets the Gold price at say $50-$100 over London Fix. Anyone with 1/2 a brain will take delivery from Comex and turn around selling it to Shanghai for a nice profit. Fort Knox is already empty and we can't let anyone know we made a few people rich with it, so a bidding war between Comex and Shanghai starts to prevent the Knox from drainage. Well bro, word gets out that indeed Knox is empty and the full faith and credit of this country is based on a bunch of lazy want more free folks 57% and down right crooks who stole the GOLD. Crash boom bang, the End.

Get yourself some GOLD Ripper.
Old 06-28-2015, 8:32 AM

Six more hours until the metals markets open and the Asian markets start going... This is going to be a really interesting day. Greece is playing a game of chicken that they just won't win, and the world's financial markets are probably going to take this as the sign that the ongoing bubble is popping.

When these kinds of shenanigans have gone on in the past, "Black Monday" scenarios have unfolded. Thank God I'm totally out of the stock market now except for a few high-quality companies that I'm not super worried about.

This has been a drawn out weekend playoff between the EU and Greece. I'm still on the edge of my seat to see what happens in a few hours when Asian markets open. My guess is that they are freaking out and we'll see a drop that leads to the European markets dropping, which will lead to US market futures dropping in a big way overnight. I guess it's healthy because all the economists are saying that the market is way overinflated now, and we just need some external factor to correct it back to where it should be.
Old 06-28-2015, 10:06 AM
Banned

I think TPTB will crush the metal as usual in the face of disaster only for them to fight back my Monday morning at which time I'll back up the pick-up for a few phys. as the final bottom will be in.
Old 06-28-2015, 11:08 AM

I jumped on a few deals this weekend, and maybe there will be some wild swings over the next few days - in which case I'm a buyer. I think this is the opportunity to buy that a lot of people have been waiting for.

Just saw on BBC news that Greece is closing all banks for a couple of days to try and control the outflow of cash. That's the beginning of what sets up the safe-haven investments. Can you imagine what would happen in the US if on a Sunday a news report went out that people couldn't get their money out of banks?
Old 06-28-2015, 12:14 PM
Calguns Addict

Did I read the above post by Six right? Greece is failing, world is ending, but powers that be will drive down metals?

I'm sure glad I got in on that Wolf Gold 5.56 at $299 a few weeks ago.