Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 12-18-2014, 5:48 PM
CGSSA President
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Talking How to Donate to CALGUNS “Official” 501 (c)3 Public Charity

CALGUNS Official 501 (c)3 “Public Charity”CALGUNS Shooting Sports Association

All Donations are Tax Deductible
Our EIN #46-2930189 so you can verify our status

CGSSA PayPal Donation link - Click On Me

---------------Donations are TAX DEDUCTIBLE-----------------

Guidestar Donation Link - Click On Me

-----CGSSA is the “Official” 501 (c)3 Public Charity of CALGUNS-----

Amazon Shopping Link

-----------------U.S. Mail Address------------------------

CGSSA c/o Jacob Rascon
2648 e. workman ave, #3001-217
West Covina, Ca. 91791

Why Donate
We need your help to continue to grow, to bring more education, more community, more events, more booths, more of what is needed to grow our Shooting Community.

CALGUNS “Official” 501 (c)3 Public Charity - CGSSA.Org

Here to help

Pennys Dad
CALGUNS Shooting Sports Association
CALGUNS official 501 C3 Non-Profit

Ps 25:4-5 NLT Show me the right path, O Lord; point out the road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you.

Last edited by pennys dad; 07-02-2015 at 10:55 AM..
Old 12-18-2014, 8:54 PM

That's awesome it finally happened!

Sent from a hand held device!
Apologies for any typos.
Old 12-18-2014, 8:58 PM

will you be filing the appropriate required tax forms each year?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cato View Post
Women teachers are "liberated and empowered." They are embolden so much by our current society that they can wave their vagina around like a flag.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlderThanDirt View Post
I treat all people the same until they open their big mouths and make me feel otherwise.
Old 12-18-2014, 9:21 PM
CGSSA President

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisw View Post
will you be filing the appropriate required tax forms each year?
Yes :-) we have all appropriate forms filled even now. You can verify what we have in Guidestar.org. I am updating, adding and completing more and more information over time with financials and so on.

Stay tuned sometime in 2015 we will have a 501 c4 which will allow us to go political.

Here to help

Pennys Dad

Ps 25:4-5 NLT Show me the right path, O Lord; point out the road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you.
Old 12-18-2014, 9:40 PM
Calguns Addict

Congrats!!!

Didn't hear anything from Lois I hope?

NRA Patron Member
CRPA 5 yr Member

"...which from their verbosity, their endless tautologies, their involutions of case within case, and parenthesis within parenthesis, and their multiplied efforts at certainty by saids and aforesaids, by ors and by ands, to make them more plain, do really render them more perplexed and incomprehensible, not only to common readers, but to lawyers themselves. " - Thomas Jefferson
Old 12-18-2014, 9:49 PM
CGSSA President

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWalt View Post
Congrats!!!

Didn't hear anything from Lois I hope?
Nope

Here to help

Pennys Dad

Old 12-18-2014, 9:59 PM

Congrats!

But can someone explain the difference between all these "Calguns" we now have?

Calguns.net
Calguns Foundation
Calguns Sports Shooting Association

Then there's CRPA, CAL-FFL, CYSSA, Cal Skeet...

I think there's too many "Cals" that eventually they will have to merge one way or the other.
"Prohibit the peasants from owning katanas, wakizashis, arrows, spears, or matchlock rifles. If the peasants are armed, they will not pay nengu (taxes) and they will not be subordinate to the officials."

Toyotomi Hideyoshi's Sword Hunt Edict of 1588, establishing the class division between the peasants (commoners) and the samurai (the governing elites).

Old 12-18-2014, 10:21 PM
C3 Leader

Spin offs, the .net is the root.

Way back years ago Calgunners were chipping in money to help defend other Calgunners.
Then someone had the idea to create a legal entity to do just that sort of work and the Calguns Foundation was put together.

Then a few years later it was decided we needed to get the Calgunners out from behind the keyboard and get active as a group in events and hopefully form a decent voting bloc (my hopes) and the Calguns Shooting Sports Association was put together.

We still need an actual political association to lobby and mill about smartly in the halls of Sacramento.
Even though the NRA is there, we as California gunners are home grown, the actual voters.

Vick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZ man in LA View Post
Congrats!

But can someone explain the difference between all these "Calguns" we now have?

Calguns.net
Calguns Foundation
Calguns Sports Shooting Association

Then there's CRPA, CAL-FFL, CYSSA, Cal Skeet...

I think there's too many "Cals" that eventually they will have to merge one way or the other.

"Nobody ever defended anything successfully, there is only attack and attack and attack some more." (George Patton)

Calguns T-shirts, hats and stickers

CALGUNS.NET logo stickers and patches (3 inch) are here

The Gulag Archipelago - Online read .pdf

Last edited by Can'thavenuthingood; 12-18-2014 at 10:31 PM..
Old 12-19-2014, 4:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'thavenuthingood View Post
We still need an actual political association to lobby and mill about smartly in the halls of Sacramento.
Even though the NRA is there, we as California gunners are home grown, the actual voters.

Vick
Isn't that the CRPA for?
"Prohibit the peasants from owning katanas, wakizashis, arrows, spears, or matchlock rifles. If the peasants are armed, they will not pay nengu (taxes) and they will not be subordinate to the officials."

Toyotomi Hideyoshi's Sword Hunt Edict of 1588, establishing the class division between the peasants (commoners) and the samurai (the governing elites).

Old 12-19-2014, 5:09 PM
CGSSA President

Quote:
Isn't that the CRPA for?
Technically it is the NRA (Ed Worley) and the CRPA (Tom Pederson)

My email is in my sig, I am always wiling to chat to help wade through the murky stuff

Here to help

Pennys Dad

Old 12-19-2014, 5:30 PM
C3 Leader

Quote:
Isn't that the CRPA for?
Sure.
That's one entity.

The NRA is another entity.

Any reason we as Calguns cannot be a third entity up there?
We could also make some impact on the local political races.

We have; Members: 197,289 with Active Members: 27,093

Vick

"Nobody ever defended anything successfully, there is only attack and attack and attack some more." (George Patton)

Calguns T-shirts, hats and stickers

CALGUNS.NET logo stickers and patches (3 inch) are here

The Gulag Archipelago - Online read .pdf
Old 12-19-2014, 9:02 PM

The way I view NRA and CRPA is this:

If I donate $100 to NRA, that $100 gets split up to fighting 2A causes on the national level and to other non-2A-friendly states like NY and MA (not that it's a bad thing); one should always be an NRA member and donate when you can. But...

Whereas if I donate $100 to CRPA, the entire $100 is used solely for California gun rights causes.

So wouldn't it be better to donate to CRPA when dealing with CA 2A issues? For example, one of the plaintiffs in Peruta v. San Diego is CRPA, so donating to CRPA is more "direct" in supporting/fighting the Peruta case.

Old 12-19-2014, 10:49 PM
CGSSA President

Quote:
The way I view NRA and CRPA is this:

If I donate $100 to NRA, that $100 gets split up to fighting 2A causes on the national level and to other non-2A-friendly states like NY and MA (not that it's a bad thing); one should always be an NRA member and donate when you can. But...

Whereas if I donate $100 to CRPA, the entire $100 is used solely for California gun rights causes.

So wouldn't it be better to donate to CRPA when dealing with CA 2A issues? For example, one of the plaintiffs in Peruta v. San Diego is CRPA, so donating to CRPA is more "direct" in supporting/fighting the Peruta case.
Your logic is sound and I agree, as long as we are only talking about being plaintiffs.

While reading your post a quote by Thomas Paine came to mind: Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
I believe this ties in directly into the conversation. What I have seen within the California political system has shown me that Thomas Paine is absolutely right.
We need to fight for the court cases, bill passage, safe gun ownership, remembering our heritage and changing the minds of the our neighbors. We will always be fighting apathy or the next new thing or tragedy and politicians that reach for the loudest sound bite or when all else fails they will reach for the old standby sound bite of Guns.
We all have to find a way to fight, what suits us best, using our expertise so we can get into the fight. They come at us from so many different directions and we just need to be prepared.
Knowing these things, seeing the attacks in action in the CA state capital, working with the community as a grassroots activist for the Second Amendment cause, and working with our CAL NRA counterparts I have come to a personal conclusion; my contribution to the fight will be CGSSA.
So your logic is sound and I agree and I choose Community building, encouraging, empowering and growth, that's where my donations go, CALGUNS Shooting Sports Association.

Here to help

Pennys Dad

Last edited by pennys dad; 12-19-2014 at 10:52 PM..
Old 01-01-2015, 2:47 PM
CGN Contributor

Does our donation money go to help the current CCW case, facing en banc? If so, tell me where to sign...

Donate
Old 01-05-2015, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team.America View Post
Does our donation money go to help the current CCW case, facing en banc? If so, tell me where to sign...
See my response to your post in the other thread. And just to clarify, Peruta is an NRA/CRPAF case. Contributions can be made through the link posted in this thread: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=845492

But CGSSA is a great organization too, and our office has had the pleasure of representing them in several matters over the past year. Many thanks to CGSSA for their contributions in those cases!
Old 01-06-2015, 11:27 AM
CGSSA President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team.America View Post
Thank you Clint for the great answer.

Here to help

Pennys Dad

Old 03-14-2015, 11:34 AM

Any chance of registering with Ebay and they're giving works program, to allow me to (easily) donate a portion of my sales? I know Ebay/Paypal are generally antis, but the "NRA Foundation" has a profile, as does the "Jews for the the preservation of firearms ownership"

If this ever happens, I'd be sure to donate regularly via my Ebay sales.

Play. Play alone, play with your spouse, your kids, your friends. Just play.
Old 03-15-2015, 1:24 PM
CGSSA President

Quote:
Originally Posted by felixthecat1 View Post
Any chance of registering with Ebay and they're giving works program, to allow me to (easily) donate a portion of my sales? I know Ebay/Paypal are generally antis, but the "NRA Foundation" has a profile, as does the "Jews for the the preservation of firearms ownership"

yup, i will check it out this evening and provide an update

Here to help

Pennys Dad

Old 03-15-2015, 2:27 PM
CGSSA President

Quote:
Originally Posted by felixthecat1 View Post

filled out the forms and need to send in 3 forms and then we will be ready. Maybe 2 days.

Here to help

Pennys Dad

Old 03-16-2015, 9:10 PM
CGSSA President

Update to ebay sales question: All documents have been submitted, awaiting approval.

Here to help

Pennys Dad

Old 03-20-2015, 10:58 PM

Wow, it really was just one of those, if you ask, maybe it will happen kinda things, huh? Subscribed to this thread, so i can see the update when it happens. Thanks for this. I look forward to my donations helping the cause.
Old 05-15-2015, 2:53 AM

Question Does that mean................

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennys dad View Post
Yes :-) we have all appropriate forms filled even now. You can verify what we have in Guidestar.org. I am updating, adding and completing more and more information over time with financials and so on.

Stay tuned sometime in 2015 we will have a 501 c4 which will allow us to go political.
Does that mean you will have to disclose all members info that you have on record?
Old 05-15-2015, 9:51 AM
CGSSA President

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGuy View Post
Does that mean you will have to disclose all members info that you have on record?
https://www.independentsector.org/501c4_organizations

501(c)(4) organizations are tax-exempt, but donations to them are not tax deductible and the identities of donors do not have to be disclosed. These organizations are allowed to engage in unlimited lobbying activities, and can engage in some campaign activity, as long as it is not their primary activity.

Here to help

Pennys Dad