Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > L.A. Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2014, 9:06 AM

I've asked a few of the ROs about the brass collection and they have told me that they split the proceeds of the brass amongst themselves at the end of the day, so in a way it's a form of "bonus" for their wages. Establishing that, there is definitely a perverse incentive for the ROs to hijack your brass over in Angeles, and this is indeed a problem when they deign that .308 brass shot out of an M1A is somehow construed to be "theirs" if you don't immediately police your brass.
Old 05-04-2014, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by socal_gunner View Post
the other ro's never looked at my brass,well since we were shooting bolts but there ignored us and were looking at some guys gf all day lol
i get it and all, but i would have reported this. rso not keeping the range safe - yep sounds great...

luckily, and flame suit is on, i am glad that RSO pays attention when i've been there. every time i go there, when they call ceasefire and tell everyone to go down range to do w/e, i will intentionally, with very obviously and clearly empty hands raised up to about chest level, linger by my firearm a little bit too long before going down and see if the RSO calls me out for it. i'm very happy that they do every single time. may look a bit silly to some people when i do it, but can't be too careful, especially knowing that some of the RSO here are a bit younger while others seem to be semi-distracted with brass.

as for the brass, i've never had a problem, but i don't doubt what cgn is saying. i have noticed the RSO watching people's brass a little bit more intently than i would like. i've also had them sweep my brass once, but it was for rimfire rounds. left me alone when i was shooting centerfire after.

Last edited by penguinofsleep; 05-04-2014 at 11:27 AM..
Old 05-04-2014, 11:29 AM

by the way, does anyone have the name of the actual owner or manager (or contact info, etc) just in case something does arise? while angeles isn't perfect, i don't think it's a bad facility and most of the staff there are generally pretty good in my experience. i'd like to see them not close down.
Old 06-22-2014, 10:15 PM

What is the proper way to walk around with a handgun at this shooting range? I have never been taught to walk with a barrel facing up. Always down in a safe direction.
Using Tapatalk
Old 06-22-2014, 10:17 PM

Empty pointed up. Usually just from the shooting bench to your gear on the back table.
Old 06-22-2014, 11:10 PM

I can understand the brass thing and the yelling, but I have agreed every time I have witness the yelling.

I once saw a guy try to put up his target on a hot line. Insta Yell CEASE FIRE!
People fiddling with their guns on a bench during cease fire.
I'll be honest their are some people there who are unsafe with their guns. They have rules printed on sheets of paper where you sign in just read them and follow them it isn't hard.

Saw a guy sweep his muzzle across his whole family and then goes to take the bolt out and he had a live round in the chamber. He got instructed to point his gun up when carrying it from the bench.

Needless to say I kept my own eyes on them until I left. And I saw a range Officer eagle eyeing them too.

It is basic gun safety. I hate when people are so caviler with their guns and do very unsafe things. Yet then get mad when someone corrects them.

They have concrete so I wouldn't want to point the gun down while moving it as a discharge could produce harmful blow back from a round fragmenting or even deflecting off the concrete floor.

Good place to shoot at ranges of 600 yrds. It is farther away for me than Burro, but they do have longer range.

Last edited by MagicalWisps; 06-22-2014 at 11:12 PM..
Old 06-23-2014, 9:06 AM
CGSSA Coordinator

Calibased, when you are at a range with a dirt floor, down / downrange is safe.

When you are at a range with a CONCRETE floor, UP and downrange is safe, because if it goes off when pointed down, you get these things called ricochets.