Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights If it aims your firearm, post about it here.

Old 04-03-2014, 1:06 PM
Veteran Member

Glad to hear it will get taken care of. Scott is an upstanding dude for sure. I have run 3 different PST's with good success although one had debris internally that needed to be cleaned out. The 4-16 I ran had less than good glass, especially compared to the 6-24's. Definitely serviceable but no where near as good as the 6-24 models.
Old 04-03-2014, 5:42 PM
Made in the USA
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyruiz View Post
I sent my 1-4PST for the same issue, canted reticle, got it back fixed and for some reason the reticle is now brighter when using the illumination. I was kind of disappointed on how long it took, it was 6 days before they started working on it. Millet didn't take as long and sent me a brand new scope, maybe that's why they didn't take as long.
I sent a 1-4 in for service because there was little to no discernible difference in illumination settings... they sent it back saying it's fine

I have three other 1-4 illuminated scopes (weaver tactical - actually 1-5, Burris MTac, Bushnell PCL)... they all have very distinctively variable illumination settings... even a Konus on girlfriends rifle has noticeable brightness differences ...

When you read about Vortex excellent customer service, the first question you should have is; why does everyone know? It's the primary thing people relate to when you mention Vortex. I'm not knocking the company, but damn - why is their CS tested so often?

Unfortunately, I wasn't really satisfied with their CS on the PST 1-4... otherwise they are okay.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely! Leadership is not about power... We have very few leaders in this country and virtually none in this state... but plenty of corruption in both.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm a porcupine - I don't carry for you. http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/newsf...dont-carry-you
Old 04-08-2014, 5:50 PM

Turns out I'm not crazy. There was a problem with the machining of the scope body and they need to send me a new scope. My first experience wasn't great but I can't say enough about Scott and the team for helping me out the second time around. Thanks guys!
Old 04-08-2014, 5:54 PM
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor

Own one vortex scope and two different red dots. Only experience I have with their customer service was at last year's NRA conference. I asked if they were selling the patches in one of their displays. Dude said, "no", opened the case and gave me, my dad, and brother all of them.

Glad your situation was worked out Yerman and also that you can rest assured that it was not you who was canted...
Old 04-09-2014, 7:09 PM

Glad they are taking care of it. Every company has their issues but it's how they take care of them. I've never had an issue nor heard of a bad service issue with them.