Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Old 03-02-2014, 2:15 PM

Thanks, if I can make it in time today I might drop by. Chances are slim though.
Old 03-03-2014, 6:52 AM
Mostly Harmless
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyattandDoc View Post
I love all the adolescent mud slinging from supposedly reputable companies. I'm sure the truth is somewhere in the middle. Think I'll avoid both and do business with some grow-ups in the industry.
While I certainly agree with this sentiment, dude, $99 billet lowers!

If I didn't already have a box full of lowers, I'd be on top of this myself.
Old 03-03-2014, 11:22 AM

I picked up three FA lowers for 99 bucks each from Ammo Bros. They look nice for the price. If I would have to pay retail, I think I would have gone with Mega. The FA has noticeable tool marks I did not care for. I just hope that the FA lowers will still hold there value after Ammo Bros and Turners dump there stock at these low prices. You hardly buy a billet 80%-ers for this price.
Old 03-03-2014, 1:10 PM
Veteran Member

I almost want to drive down there to pick some up at that price...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSACANNONEER View Post
A real live woman is more expensive than a fleshlight. Which would you rather have?
Old 03-03-2014, 4:07 PM

Just picked up one, sweet deal I just can't resist.
Old 03-03-2014, 5:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
I almost want to drive down there to pick some up at that price...
If you would like to contact either store we can ship out as many as you would like. We will charge you the shipping cost and all we need is your local FFL info to send them. You can PM Shaun or myself and we can get that rolling for you. John
Old 03-03-2014, 5:43 PM

Franklin Billet Lower is freakin' awesome. $99 is a steal!

Old 03-04-2014, 6:27 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRedmon View Post
Yes, it is true! we are selling these below cost (because the cost is way to high). In the current market similar lowers are retailing for less than what our cost was. It may be a violation of their MAP policy, but many CLEARANCE sales are. Franklin may have not discontinued this item, but we have.

We decided not to do business with Franklin ever again long ago. We joined them on their venture to expand their business by helping to fund their machine to build these lowers. In the end, they tried to screw us!

BTW... we are no where near bankruptcy. We are currently looking to open 2 more stores in the near future (so be on the look out for those).

I wish you had $70,000 to buy these back from us too! Maybe you're closer to bankruptcy than we are???
Scott, we have never tried to screw you. We delivered the product you ordered as fast as humanly possible. Yet several months ago, we noticed that you started to discount Libertas lowers below MAP. We didnít say anything at first, but now you have the gumption to sell the lowers below what it actually costs us to make them and claim that we are screwing you?!

Letís face it, you bought more product than you could handle, and now you are trying to dump them on the market for operating cash. (Önot a good long term business model, BTW.) If it wasnít for the fact that you are selling other California brands well below cost, I would think that this was a divisive move on your part to attack our brand. It is ridiculous that you didnít bother contacting us earlier to see if we would buy them back. To that end, how many lowers do you have left? At that price, I might be able to work something out in the near future.

Lastly, some may call this mud slinging, but if your neighbor tries to bastardize your name, youíd be a fool not to say something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impatient1 View Post
Must be something to be said if reputable companies such as Turners and Ammo Bros both are choosing not to carry a certain brand
Not true. Ammo Bros is the only company we have ceased to do business with. Öagain for blatant MAP violations.

www.franklinarmory.com
info@franklinarmory.com
ONLINE STORE: http://franklin-armory.myshopify.com/
Franklin Armory - Manufacturer of Quality, California Legal AR's, the F17 Series rimfire rifles in 17 WSM, the CSW, the Release Firing System, the Binary Firing System, and the NEW DFM Magazine!!!
Old 03-04-2014, 10:23 PM

I just got my Franklin lower and started to build it. However, I'm running into some problems with some fitment in terms of tight tolerances.

For example the pistol grip screw hole is very tight. I had to go back with a tap to open it up a little more. Also the pivot and takedown pins are very tight. Lastly, I had to sand down my safety selector detent for it not to get stuck in the hole.

It may just be my LPK (ATI) but I had a little more trouble building this lower than others. Just my .02.

BUT I must say, with the tolerances so tight, I don't expect anything to budge or move. And the build quality is top notch. So I expect many a fun time with this lower.
Old 03-05-2014, 7:40 AM
Mostly Harmless
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by x56735x View Post
I just got my Franklin lower and started to build it. However, I'm running into some problems with some fitment in terms of tight tolerances.

For example the pistol grip screw hole is very tight. I had to go back with a tap to open it up a little more. Also the pivot and takedown pins are very tight. Lastly, I had to sand down my safety selector detent for it not to get stuck in the hole.
I had similar problems with a RifleGear lower. I think it's just a bit heavier anodizing.
Old 03-05-2014, 7:52 AM

Shoulda picked some FA lowers up instead of a seekins
Old 03-05-2014, 11:09 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moemoe1 View Post
Shoulda picked some FA lowers up instead of a seekins
Seekins is a great brand. They've got a unique look that's pretty cool. Besides, nothing says you couldn't score a great price on a FA lower. As much as I don't like our product being dumped like this, Calgunners come out the winners on this.

www.franklinarmory.com
info@franklinarmory.com
Franklin Armory - Manufacturer of Quality, California Legal AR's, the F17 Series rimfire rifles in 17 WSM, the CSW, the Release Firing System, the Binary Firing System, and the NEW DFM Magazine!!!
Old 03-05-2014, 2:34 PM

Just tried calling Cerritos, (No Answer)
Spoke with a manager @ Ontario, he said that he couldn't help me and I should email : <Internet.Sales@AmmoBros.com >

awaiting response from them...
Old 03-05-2014, 2:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by franklinarmory View Post
Seekins is a great brand. They've got a unique look that's pretty cool. Besides, nothing says you couldn't score a great price on a FA lower. As much as I don't like our product being dumped like this, Calgunners come out the winners on this.
Unintentional marketing.
Old 03-05-2014, 4:27 PM

This is great. During the panic people at my local LGS were paying $749 for them. Morons.
Old 03-05-2014, 5:24 PM

I dropped by the Cerritos location today, minimal people were there so the wait time wasn't too bad to be waited on. I was told that there was only (1) more of the black anodized ones in stock there at the Cerritos location and that there were only a few more of the golden type anodized ones as well. Not sure if the Ontario location has more.
Old 03-05-2014, 5:46 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

i have a FA billet I bought pre-reg from Lokey...by the way, franklinarmory, i love your stuff and its not because I live in Morgan Hill

Anyways, everything came out good. have not decided on the build, but the lower is just missing the buffer tube and stock. i will be accompanying it with a FA upper from Lokey soon as well.
Old 03-05-2014, 5:56 PM

LoKey is a nice family/dealer they're always pleasant to talk to!
Old 03-05-2014, 5:59 PM
Veteran Member

I've always said that Facebook was the devil. It will break up more homes then drugs or alcohol.

Your two retards need to stop replying to negative post. It makes you look worse then you already are.

That's two off the list.

Happiness is a warm gun
Old 03-05-2014, 7:08 PM

Wish we had that deal up here.
Old 03-05-2014, 8:03 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfish View Post
I've always said that Facebook was the devil. It will break up more homes then drugs or alcohol.

Your two retards need to stop replying to negative post. It makes you look worse then you already are.

That's two off the list.
??????

huh?
Old 03-05-2014, 10:07 PM

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsteveguy View Post
I dropped by the Cerritos location today, minimal people were there so the wait time wasn't too bad to be waited on. I was told that there was only (1) more of the black anodized ones in stock there at the Cerritos location and that there were only a few more of the golden type anodized ones as well. Not sure if the Ontario location has more.
I was there this morning first one and guy said they only had tan FA and I was drove from Irvine to get two of the lowers then he double checked and came back with 2 so I DROSD them quick no hesitation!

SREDMON said theres tons of FA lowers to unload so maybe they have them in the main warehouse?
  • Springfield Range Officer Operator
Old 03-06-2014, 9:48 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by franklinarmory View Post
Scott, we have never tried to screw you. We delivered the product you ordered as fast as humanly possible. Yet several months ago, we noticed that you started to discount Libertas lowers below MAP. We didnít say anything at first, but now you have the gumption to sell the lowers below what it actually costs us to make them and claim that we are screwing you?!

Letís face it, you bought more product than you could handle, and now you are trying to dump them on the market for operating cash. (Önot a good long term business model, BTW.) If it wasnít for the fact that you are selling other California brands well below cost, I would think that this was a divisive move on your part to attack our brand. It is ridiculous that you didnít bother contacting us earlier to see if we would buy them back. To that end, how many lowers do you have left? At that price, I might be able to work something out in the near future.

Lastly, some may call this mud slinging, but if your neighbor tries to bastardize your name, youíd be a fool not to say something.
Well my name isn't Scott, its Shaun. And I didn't say you were currently trying to screw us, that was done already. The choice to sell the lowers at this price is ours. The past is the past and I won't put any more of either of our business out there.

I wouldn't say we bought more than we can handle being we paid for them all in advance. We do however have more than we need in the current market, and just as Best Buy, Walmart, Home Depot or any other retailer would do, we are liquidating the product at a loss to purchase newer product that will turn at a much faster rate. No company can afford to have product just sit on the shelves for a year or longer.

I will say you are correct in the fact that selling these at this price is not an attack on you, your company, or your product. The lower is a very nice lower. I purchased a few myself last year and I couldn't be happier with them.

I'm not opposed to selling these back to you at the same price I'm offering them here for. I'm sure we can work the details out over the phone, but there are at least 400 units left.

Lastly, nobody was mudslinging until you made the comment (and started the rumor) of us being in bankruptcy. Its a false statement said to intentionally hurt our business. It was uncalled for and unprofessional.
Old 03-06-2014, 6:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRedmon View Post
Well my name isn't Scott, its Shaun. And I didn't say you were currently trying to screw us, that was done already. The choice to sell the lowers at this price is ours. The past is the past and I won't put any more of either of our business out there.

I wouldn't say we bought more than we can handle being we paid for them all in advance. We do however have more than we need in the current market, and just as Best Buy, Walmart, Home Depot or any other retailer would do, we are liquidating the product at a loss to purchase newer product that will turn at a much faster rate. No company can afford to have product just sit on the shelves for a year or longer.

I will say you are correct in the fact that selling these at this price is not an attack on you, your company, or your product. The lower is a very nice lower. I purchased a few myself last year and I couldn't be happier with them.

I'm not opposed to selling these back to you at the same price I'm offering them here for. I'm sure we can work the details out over the phone, but there are at least 400 units left.

Lastly, nobody was mudslinging until you made the comment (and started the rumor) of us being in bankruptcy. Its a false statement said to intentionally hurt our business. It was uncalled for and unprofessional.

Finally you boys can kiss and make up! On the brightside FA lowers are getting blasted across LA , OC and Riverside county meaning we had been chosen for the TEST market for FA! Now FA keep making awesome products so we can keep buying them
Old 03-07-2014, 12:24 AM

Just give them away free like this!!!!

http://www.turners.com/calguns/image...-dxencypfm.png

And to me this looks like two company's getting rid of a high priced slow mover. Just my .02.
Old 03-07-2014, 1:38 AM

Rather build me a CHF upper and pay $99
Old 03-07-2014, 10:37 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Squatch View Post
Just give them away free like this!!!!

And to me this looks like two company's getting rid of a high priced slow mover. Just my .02.
Yes, the overall EBR market is soft, and market concessions are a natural outgrowth of that. However, Turner's has my respect for being creative enough to find a marketable solution without violating MAP policies. Well done Turner's!

www.franklinarmory.com
info@franklinarmory.com
Old 03-07-2014, 12:13 PM

I bought my FA billet lower pre-reg because it was the prettiest girl at te display counter. Couldn't be happier except now I'm still fussing over an upper that's pretty enough to go ontop of it.

Wish I had gotten it for $99... Or free. With a free upper......
Old 03-11-2014, 5:04 AM

Still in stock yesterday
Old 03-14-2014, 12:20 AM
Calguns Addict

I broke my policy of only buying 80% for as long as I could since this was too good of a deal to pass up. Now to decide what upper to put on top of it....
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- Thomas Jefferson

9mm + 5.56mm =
.45ACP + 7.62 NATO =
10mm + 6.8 SPC =

Et Verbum caro factum est et habitavit in nobis; Jn 1:14