Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Ladies Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ladies Forum A place for our female Calgunners to discuss, share and interact without the 'excess attention' sometimes found in online forums.

Old 03-04-2014, 10:02 AM
Veteran Member

Once bitten, twice shy. It doesn't take getting burned more than once or twice to educate one on the value of dealing with people or companies with a reputation. Online, an iTrader is about as close as one can come to establishing a reputation.

It's kind of like getting your first job in your chosen career. Sure, you say you can do the job... but what's your track record? You don't have one? Well, then the person hiring you is sort of taking a risk, aren't they? Maybe you can do it, or maybe you will be a big flop who did a great job taking tests in school but who doesn't actually know how to get the job done in real life.

That's just an example. It won't do any good to complain about it. Just pay your dues, it'll be tough at first but eventually you will build trust, then it will be easier. We all had to do it at one point. Sucks sometimes but that's the way it is.

Last edited by bruss01; 03-04-2014 at 10:07 AM..
Old 03-04-2014, 10:20 AM
I need a LIFE!!

People with high i-trader are compensating for something. I keed! i-trader is a good tool to use for measuring someone's integrity to a certain extent. I happen to like good communication via e-mail or PM, but prefer to talk to someone over the phone once I am interested in buying or selling something. I have seen people with 100+ i-trader ratings turn around and screw people over, kind of like they worked for a year or so getting a good credit score and then scam a group of people. I do think that those with high i-trader ratings that are 100% are a little more trustworthy, but there is always that crazy gut feeling you get from some people. As you can see I have done hundreds of transactions here and I have not been burned buying something but I have had a few people say they did not receive their items and I have had to cover them. It was easier than arguing about it and making a big deal out of it. I kind of believe in Karma to a certain extent so if I were to screw someone or someone were to screw me I am sure it would come back to them sooner or later.

All in all, you are in the drivers seat and you can choose to deal with someone if you want to or not. Lowballers and their offers get deleted or even put on my ignore list. Take care.
Old 03-04-2014, 11:48 AM
Cat-in-a-Box
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

welcome to the LF, Killer Bee!

"Her hands, her comfort, her confidence, her choice.", Mr K re buying a gun for a woman.

Gun Control:
"The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound."-- as seen on a t-shirt
Old 03-04-2014, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyInSoCal View Post
If you dont have at least 10 positive feedbacks here -

I'm not sending out money...
100%