Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > San Bernardino Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-24-2014, 9:59 AM
CoronaShooter CoronaShooter is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 3
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default Clean up.... Lake Matthews / Gavilin Hills (CT Lane)

I would like to plan a clean up at the Gaveling Hills BLM free area... is it called Steele Peak? The one next to the private range? I have two flatbed trailers and at least 20 guys that I PERSONALLY know who would go. I want to avoid a Saturday when we would have to interrupt a few dozen shooters and their kids / families. I am thinking a quick run through with 50 guys on a Monday after work. 4-6pm?? I don't want to organize something that somebody else is already organizing. I see multiple threads about cleanups, but I am not a veteran here on this message board. Please PM me if you have some information I should know about, or if you want to participate. Once I get a little more information, I will post a date and time.
Thanks guys!
New member,
Scott
CoronaShooter
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-24-2014, 10:38 AM
Alex Breaux's Avatar
Alex Breaux Alex Breaux is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 42
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

**** them and their families. They can help. Why shouldn't they??

What spot are you talking about? Is it off of Gavilan springs rd? Can you take a screen shot of the exact location on a map? I'll help and get a few people. But I prefer to do it on a weekend so I can get some of these idiots that make the mess to help.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-25-2014, 7:09 AM
punknil's Avatar
punknil punknil is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 14
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

So you're looking at doing this march 3rd then? I can make that. Count me in! all i can provide is myself and a pile of trash bags, I don't have any useful cleaning equipment. I'll keep an eye on this thread.
__________________
"Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense?" (Patrick Henry)
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-25-2014, 7:15 AM
Eat Dirt's Avatar
Eat Dirt Eat Dirt is offline
CGSSA Specialist
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Riverside County / Hemet
Posts: 7,519
iTrader: 238 / 100%
Default

Welcome new Guy ,

Nice to see you Jump in and help do some good there

Maybe you could join the BIG clean-Up we have planed on March 29

We will have a Dumpster , BLM there to keep the range cold
And a Lot of Cal-Gun Members

Here's the link :
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...606961&page=23
__________________
--------------------------------------------------------------

Tumbled BRASS For Sale

Just check my Long Running Thread : http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=262832
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-25-2014, 10:51 AM
LMan57's Avatar
LMan57 LMan57 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Riverside County
Posts: 368
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

March 29th I can make it I would like to help out.
__________________
"It's better to have and not need than to need and not have"
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-25-2014, 6:30 PM
Alex Breaux's Avatar
Alex Breaux Alex Breaux is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 42
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Anyone want to take a drive to the shooting spot on Gavilan springs rd after this area is finished??
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-26-2014, 10:16 AM
Rick McK Rick McK is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 25
iTrader: 10 / 100%
Default

Everytime I go into the springs I pickup 2 bags of trash. I would like to take more, but I have very limited space. I see there are other people cleaning up out there, but I wonder if that really matters to the Sheriff that could site you for tresspassing?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-03-2014, 8:34 AM
punknil's Avatar
punknil punknil is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 14
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

CoronaShooter, you still up for this or are you rolling this into the bigger cleanup that was linked?
__________________
"Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense?" (Patrick Henry)
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-03-2014, 10:48 AM
Shug401 Shug401 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Riverside
Posts: 2
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Is this still planned?
I would love to help out and meet a few new friends in the process.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-03-2014, 6:12 PM
hossybossy hossybossy is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 8
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

^ same
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-03-2014, 7:54 PM
chairmnofthboard's Avatar
chairmnofthboard chairmnofthboard is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Inland Empire
Posts: 518
iTrader: 22 / 100%
Default

I'm in.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-16-2014, 7:06 PM
chknlyps2's Avatar
chknlyps2 chknlyps2 is offline
.
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Out in the sticks
Posts: 2,594
iTrader: 44 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoronaShooter View Post
I would like to plan a clean up at the Gaveling Hills BLM free area... is it called Steele Peak? The one next to the private range? I have two flatbed trailers and at least 20 guys that I PERSONALLY know who would go. I want to avoid a Saturday when we would have to interrupt a few dozen shooters and their kids / families. I am thinking a quick run through with 50 guys on a Monday after work. 4-6pm?? I don't want to organize something that somebody else is already organizing. I see multiple threads about cleanups, but I am not a veteran here on this message board. Please PM me if you have some information I should know about, or if you want to participate. Once I get a little more information, I will post a date and time.
Thanks guys!
New member,
Scott
CoronaShooter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Breaux View Post
**** them and their families. They can help. Why shouldn't they??

What spot are you talking about? Is it off of Gavilan springs rd? Can you take a screen shot of the exact location on a map? I'll help and get a few people. But I prefer to do it on a weekend so I can get some of these idiots that make the mess to help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by punknil View Post
So you're looking at doing this march 3rd then? I can make that. Count me in! all i can provide is myself and a pile of trash bags, I don't have any useful cleaning equipment. I'll keep an eye on this thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick McK View Post
Everytime I go into the springs I pickup 2 bags of trash. I would like to take more, but I have very limited space. I see there are other people cleaning up out there, but I wonder if that really matters to the Sheriff that could site you for tresspassing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shug401 View Post
Is this still planned?
I would love to help out and meet a few new friends in the process.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hossybossy View Post
^ same
Quote:
Originally Posted by chairmnofthboard View Post
I'm in.
Any of you guys planning on going to the March 29th clean up? If so come on over and put your name on the list here http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...606961&page=26

The more people on the list the more it attracts and the place needs all the help it can get.
__________________
Wanted: Spent Berdan primed Yugo 7.62x39 & 7.5x55 GP11 Swiss brass
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 7:38 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2016, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.