Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Old 02-18-2014, 10:44 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyxcom View Post
Sounds more like buyers remorse to me honestly. What I said does not remotely resemble what you think I said. But if thats what you think, I can't help you.
Sucks for you...
Old 02-18-2014, 10:55 AM
Veteran Member

Guys! Can we keep this thread about the people dealing with the GC/CC issue. Thank you.

As stated on the previous page, I contacted PSA yesterday via email after seeing this thread and PSA has already responded, stating that my CC should be reimbursed within the next 3-5 days.

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks & corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."

KrisAnne Hall on Oregon

"I am sullied - no more" Col. Ted Westhusing
Old 02-18-2014, 11:03 AM
Calguns Addict

Go right ahead but i've had pleasant experiences with PSA customer service. Hell after contacting them about my order that had yet to reach its 15 day mark I got a email saying it shipped the same day I contacted the customer service dept. I contacted them before about another item and got a quick response back. So you go ahead fanboy.
Old 02-18-2014, 11:06 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNP'R View Post
So you go ahead fanboy.
Spoken like a true hater.

Sorry for the intrusion OP.
Old 02-18-2014, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m16 View Post
I've had to call them twice, and both times the phone was answered by a nice lady who was very helpful.

What kind of problem could I possibly have with a barreled upper?

It's an upper receiver with a barrel slapped in it.

Canted sight base? Nope, it's on straight.

I put 840 rounds of M855 and 1000 rounds of M193 through it in one weekend and that upper ran like a champ.

For $300 if it did have a problem, I would more than likely fix it myself.

It isn't a match grade upper, it's a BUDGET RIFLE
your either lying, or lucky. take a quick look at psa's facebook page and see the hell they are putting people though. thats why i went with another brand.

what kind of question is that? there are plenty of things that can go wrong with a barreled upper.
Old 02-18-2014, 11:07 AM

Quote:
No really. Are you just a BCM fanboy or what. Id rather wait 15 days than pay an extra acouple of hundred of dollars for a BCM logo.
Call me a fanboy all you want for saying this but you get more than just a star when you buy BCM. You guys can try and justify buying a PSA product all you want compared to what BCM offers, but the end product and service is not the same.

That said I have owned both BCM and PSA uppers as well as a DD rifle and while the PSA upper was a good deal for the price the end product is not the same. If PSA were to tighten up it's QA/QC, customer service and overall lead/ship times then and only then we can start to put them at the same level as BCM, DD and Colt. But until they do you can't quantify them as anything more than a good budget rifle/upper if the product shows up on time and is properly assembled.

Now whether all that matters enough to the buyer to spend the extra money is a different story... Apparently for you and others it doesn't but here are plenty of people who buy those products because of that. In the end, I see BCM as more than just a company that assembles rifles. I would say that their pistol grips, lightweight KMR rails and the new EWL profiled barrels shows how innovative they want to be and quite frankly their filthy 14 carbine is proof that their stuff flat out works.

If PSA decides to one day send a rifle to Pat Rogers to run hard through 40,000 plus rounds in different courses and it stands up just as well if not better then the filthy 14 then I think it'll settle the internet war between fanboys once and for all. Until then their rifles are simply good budget rifles and uppers for those who don't want to or need to spend the money on a BCM, Colt, DD, etc... And there's nothing wrong with that.
Old 02-18-2014, 11:46 AM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
CGN Contributor

I don't do "facebook" and sure as hell don't rely on crap posted on the internet because most of it is b.s.

I also don't care if you think I am lying.

I've had to call them on two separate occasions, once to change an FFL and once to change an order.

Both times the phone was answered within 60 seconds.

I will continue to buy from PSA based on my own experiences with the company.

I purchased an Anderson lower and an upper from them and was able to put together a cheap rifle that serves it's purpose well.

I'm not taking it into combat or clearing houses with it, it's an inexpensive beater that is reliable and that's exactly what I wanted.
Old 02-18-2014, 1:56 PM

Default That's funny

Quote:
If you would do any research OP you would find out it was because they implemented a new shipping system and it created a few bugs.
Why would I need to research when a PSA rep actually acknowledged the processing error via email in the middle of December? Yet, they still have not credited my account due to their processing error. I called many times and for whatever reason, the call never gets through. I emailed them 3 times AFTER they acknowledged their error. We're in the middle of February and this is why my credit card company is involved in the disputed charge case.
Old 02-18-2014, 2:01 PM

Default PSA email

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobGR View Post
I got a response today. One day turn-around, very surprised but it never crossed my mind would that they would not make good, just thought it would take longer.

Will buy from them again.
Any chance you have Cory's PSA email address? Or is his email some general email address?

Thanks
Old 02-18-2014, 2:08 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTMGunner View Post
Why would I need to research when a PSA rep actually acknowledged the processing error via email in the middle of December? Yet, they still have not credited my account due to their processing error. I called many times and for whatever reason, the call never gets through. I emailed them 3 times AFTER they acknowledged their error. We're in the middle of February and this is why my credit card company is involved in the disputed charge case.
You need to research anyone you do business with online..
Old 02-18-2014, 2:15 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
WOW, you simply just don't get it at all.
Old 02-18-2014, 2:17 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
WOW, you simply just don't get it at all.
Yes I do.. But don't blame me for your buyers remorse..
Old 02-18-2014, 2:28 PM
Veteran Member

No you dont get it. You keep telling him to research PSA on the internet for a customer service issue.
Old 02-18-2014, 2:31 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
No you dont get it. You keep telling him to research PSA on the internet for a customer service issue.
He should of researched PSA before..
Old 02-18-2014, 3:23 PM

This sh*t is great! PSA fanboys crack me up. You guys take everything so personal. Like a football fan defending his team or better yet, a Democrat defending Obamacare.
Old 02-18-2014, 5:06 PM

Quote:
You win.
Old 02-18-2014, 5:13 PM

Why all this crap argument. This always happens with ar15 crap. Who cares what anyone buys, if you like it then who cares. I have an upper from them and it works great, BCM is to expensive for me but i dont knock them. I have their charging handle and its great. I have parts from both places and they work as they should.

OP im sorry for your issue and hope it gets worked out.
Old 02-18-2014, 8:27 PM

PSA? PFFF!

Old 02-18-2014, 9:34 PM

Default Last post from me on this thread

Quote:
I have bought many products from PSA before and never had a problem (I thought I was pretty clear in my original post). Only with the gift card was there a problem.

But since you seem so hell bent on advising me that I should HAVE researched PSA before, it's only fair that I advise you to research the proper use of "HAVE" vs. "OF."

But, I'll save you the time...it is NOT "should of..."
it is..should HAVE, would HAVE, could HAVE... (but when people speak, it sounds like "of"--but in print, it should be "have")

(gavel pounds) This case is closed as PSA FINALLY responded with what they should HAVE done 2 months ago--and that is credit me the damn $100!!!!!

Now, what PSA product should I spend my credited $100 on? Don't worry, I'll be sure to research the product next time...
Old 02-18-2014, 10:23 PM
Hold my beer & watch this
CGN Contributor

Quote:

This is true. I was looking for a new tv and I went on best buy and the prices seemed too good to be true. I spent a good five hours researching best buy just to make sure they weren't some fly by night operation. I found that quite a few people didn't like going into the store because you will have 20 people ask you if you need help. However, the online experience turns out to be a lot better because you can buy online and then pick it up in store and only get greeted by 10 people. I am glad I thoroughly researched this because you can never be too careful
Old 02-19-2014, 7:37 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTMGunner View Post
Any chance you have Cory's PSA email address? Or is his email some general email address?

Thanks
Cory
Customer Service
Palmetto State Armory
(803)788-9095
cory.sloan at palmettostatearmory.com (you need to replace 'at' with an @, no spaces, period stays)

Best of luck to all. Report back on his response time. Right now he gets an A+ from me.

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks & corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."

KrisAnne Hall on Oregon

Old 02-19-2014, 8:18 AM
Veteran Member

BBB = YELP (pre internet)

Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.
Old 02-20-2014, 9:02 PM

Default Thanks!

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobGR View Post
Cory
Customer Service
Palmetto State Armory
(803)788-9095
cory.sloan at palmettostatearmory.com (you need to replace 'at' with an @, no spaces, period stays)

Best of luck to all. Report back on his response time. Right now he gets an A+ from me.
Old 02-24-2014, 1:31 PM
Veteran Member

FYI, my credit went through on the 20th.

KrisAnne Hall on Oregon

Old 02-24-2014, 1:39 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldnoob View Post
BBB = YELP (pre internet)
I think the only people that still recommend calling the BBB are 50+ years old.

In the 80's the BBB actually mattered.