Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Shoots, Meets and Range Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CGSSA Shoots, Meets and Range Stories Set up and organize shoots and meets and share your shooting range stories.

Old 02-07-2014, 11:28 PM

I'm definitely making the trip! Can't wait to meet up with all the usual suspects, and I have some new toys I gotta break in as well.
Old 02-09-2014, 2:14 PM

Picked up a real target stand finally, can't wait to try it out. Also hoping to have my MP5K in time for the shoot.

Sent from my phone
Old 02-09-2014, 2:21 PM
Corn-fed and Iowa-bred
CGN Contributor

I've been in a state of denial for a while on this, but it's not looking like I am going to be able to make it this time. I've got a lot of factors working against me, first and foremost being that I am scheduled to start a nasty civil trial on the following Monday. If that case doesn't settle ahead of time, there is no way I can be out playing in the desert. Just too much of a time commitment when I need to be preparing.

Notwithstanding my trial, I have actually lost a good deal of my eyesight since mid-November. I haven't even shot a gun since November 9. In fact, I first started to notice that there was an issue at the last Zombie shoot when I couldn't focus on the front bead sight on my 10/22. A week and a half later, my eyes were totally out of alignment and out of focus.

After a couple months of diagnostics, the doctors finally diagnosed my eyes as having deteriorated muscles. I'm having surgery on Tuesday that will hopefully correct the problem. However, I may have to get surgery again if they miss the mark, and even still, I may have to get new corrective lenses to work with my fixed eyes. All of that takes time, and I'm not sure I will be ready by that weekend.

This is really killing me....I had so much fun at the last one and I'm even restocked on ammo.

DISCLAIMER: The information contained herein is general in nature, which may not apply to particular factual or legal circumstances, and is intended for informational purposes only. Consistent with Calguns policy, the information does not constitute legal advice or opinions and should not be relied upon as such. Transmission of the information is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. Readers should not act upon any information in my posts without seeking professional counsel.
Old 02-09-2014, 3:24 PM

Default Oh no...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumBum View Post
I've been in a state of denial for a while on this, but it's not looking like I am going to be able to make it this time. I've got a lot of factors working against me, first and foremost being that I am scheduled to start a nasty civil trial on the following Monday. If that case doesn't settle ahead of time, there is no way I can be out playing in the desert. Just too much of a time commitment when I need to be preparing.

Notwithstanding my trial, I have actually lost a good deal of my eyesight since mid-November. I haven't even shot a gun since November 9. In fact, I first started to notice that there was an issue at the last Zombie shoot when I couldn't focus on the front bead sight on my 10/22. A week and a half later, my eyes were totally out of alignment and out of focus.

After a couple months of diagnostics, the doctors finally diagnosed my eyes as having deteriorated muscles. I'm having surgery on Tuesday that will hopefully correct the problem. However, I may have to get surgery again if they miss the mark, and even still, I may have to get new corrective lenses to work with my fixed eyes. All of that takes time, and I'm not sure I will be ready by that weekend.

This is really killing me....I had so much fun at the last one and I'm even restocked on ammo.
Very sorry to hear about the eyes, work is work, but the need for surgery is tough. We will miss you and hope all goes well...
Old 02-10-2014, 8:34 AM
CGSSA Associate

How much to get a trash bin out there???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nose Nuggets View Post
5 guys, hot damn thats some good eat'n.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyromensch View Post
damn, i duped my own thread...first time i did a poll
Old 02-10-2014, 12:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntoForever View Post
How much to get a trash bin out there???
Three commercial trash bins for the weekend would be about $285 from Victorville disposal...
Old 02-10-2014, 4:56 PM
CGSSA Director - C3 Leader & Regional Gun Show Booth Coordinator (LA/OC/IE)
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

We have less than one month to go.

It's time to get details set and GTG.

I will be generating a few posts with the necessary items needed to have another great annual event.

If you would like to contribute/help please:

Copy, update and paste as needed.

Thank you.

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable. George S. Patton
Old 02-10-2014, 5:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles007 View Post
I'm thinking about getting there on the Thursday evening. Anyone else interested?
I hope to be leaving Palmdale as early Thursday as possible. My GF+2 will come on Friday. She actually liked the idea, something about me setting the travel trailer up by myself and her showing up Friday and getting straight to trigger time lol.

I have a few collapsible trash cans I will bring along with contractor grade trash bags

One more little heads up to those who wish to partake, My GF's daughter will have girl scout cookies to sell. If anyone wishes to PM me with request for cookies, we will do our best to satisfy
Old 02-10-2014, 10:19 PM

Members bringing Military vehicles please PM me ASAP.

The line is going to be extremely dense and I need to know your space requirements.

Lonewolf.

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable. George S. Patton
Old 02-12-2014, 11:44 AM

The clock is ticking.....

T-minus three weeks this weekend

For those procrastinators in the group (myself included...)

If you are ordering ammo/targets/camping gear/etc that you plan to take to the Zombie Shoot please ensure you factor in the delivery window.

Don't be like me last time......

My ar500 target arrived just as we were pulling out of the driveway in the RV..... Doh!

Reporter: "What do you feel when you shoot a terrorist?"

Marine: "Recoil."
Old 02-12-2014, 12:04 PM
Veteran Member

I'm taking my 12" dong. I was trying to find a 16" but it's hard to find them in that size.
Old 02-12-2014, 1:02 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior40er View Post
I'm taking my 12" dong. I was trying to find a 16" but it's hard to find them in that size.
12" dong huh? Freudian slip, I suppose.... and my goodness, you're being pretty ambitious going to 16"

It's ok, I won't judge....

I don't understand why some Christians promote abstinence as a form of birth control when it didn't even work for Mary....

You should not react to the world. Respond, but do not react. A reaction is an emotional state. Your reaction will not change the world. Your reaction only changes you. Your response changes the world. -anonymous

Last edited by socalnonsage; 02-12-2014 at 1:05 PM..
Old 02-12-2014, 2:30 PM

Quote:
The bigger the dong the better
Old 02-12-2014, 2:42 PM

What's the over-under on number of sig lines for that one?
I know I'm gonna get got, but I'm going to get mine more than I get got though.
-Marshawn Lynch
Old 02-12-2014, 2:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalnonsage View Post
Sure....then why the porta-potties?
-Marshawn Lynch
Old 02-12-2014, 9:07 PM
★ Junior G Man ✈
CGN Contributor

Location: This information has been redacted in accordance with Title 18 USC Section 798

Quote:
12" dong huh? Freudian slip, I suppose.... and my goodness, you're being pretty ambitious going to 16"

I take it iíll see you again this year??? Can we be camping buddies again?

-------
Old 02-12-2014, 9:10 PM
Veteran Member

Lol oh geese. My phone messed it up. I meant gong.
Old 02-13-2014, 12:01 PM

Hi Guys,
Hopefully you can steer a total newbie in the right direction. Is magnetic 7.62x54R allowed at this event? Also I noticed that there is a Mosin shoot-off of some type. Does that mean I'm prohibited from shooting my Mosin during the rest of the day?
Thanks in advance for the help.
Old 02-13-2014, 1:24 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by quaf View Post
Hi Guys,
Hopefully you can steer a total newbie in the right direction. Is magnetic 7.62x54R allowed at this event? Also I noticed that there is a Mosin shoot-off of some type. Does that mean I'm prohibited from shooting my Mosin during the rest of the day?
Officially, the usage of Steel-core or bi-metal rounds on BLM land is prohibited.

http://www.blm.gov/ca/st/en/fo/cdd/f...trictions.html

With that being said, I saw steel core (surplus) ammunition being used in abundance during the last shoot.

You're free to shoot your Mosin Nagant at any time during the day/night

The Mosin Madness event was just a bunch of us lined up and shooting in volleys.

I don't understand why some Christians promote abstinence as a form of birth control when it didn't even work for Mary....

You should not react to the world. Respond, but do not react. A reaction is an emotional state. Your reaction will not change the world. Your reaction only changes you. Your response changes the world. -anonymous
Old 02-13-2014, 6:24 PM

Quote:
Officially, the usage of Steel-core or bi-metal rounds on BLM land is prohibited.

With that being said, I saw steel core (surplus) ammunition being used in abundance during the last shoot.

The Mosin Madness event was just a bunch of us lined up and shooting in volleys.

Thanks socal.

Last edited by quaf; 02-13-2014 at 6:24 PM.. Reason: spelling error
Old 02-13-2014, 6:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quaf View Post
Hi Guys,

Hopefully you can steer a total newbie in the right direction.

Is magnetic 7.62x54R allowed at this event?

Yes.

Also I noticed that there is a Mosin shoot-off of some type. Does that mean I'm prohibited from shooting my Mosin during the rest of the day?

Nope.

You can shoot you Mosin Day and Night.

The Mosin Madness is an unique event that assembles a great number of C&R gun owners in a pretty tight formation engaging a selected target "all at once" just before dusk.

The opportunity to capture some insane muzzle flash is unique.
^^^ This.

Old 02-13-2014, 6:34 PM

Quote:

^^^ Incorrect.

The U.S. Department of interior.

BLM/CA defines:

The possession or discharge of a firearm using incendiary, tracer, steel core, or armor piercing ammunition is hereby prohibited on all public lands of the California Desert District.

The bi-metal ammo is not listed.

So what is bi-metal ammo?

Pretty much whatever surplus ammo we have left out there and consisting in an alloy that contains "soft iron" and is usally copper coated.

Old 02-13-2014, 6:41 PM

Thank you for clearing that up lonewolf
Old 02-13-2014, 7:15 PM
Veteran Member

I got a hold of 20 live pigeons since we can't use clays. I've used them before and obviously biodegradable so no clean up problem. Wish clays were allowed on BLM since they're cheaper and people tend to frown on using live targets.
Old 02-13-2014, 7:17 PM
Veteran Member

Getting steel targets ready. Need to build two more stands.
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...pswn8gx0gi.jpg
Old 02-13-2014, 7:33 PM

Update...!!!

Texan brothers have confirmed assistance...........

Old 02-13-2014, 8:29 PM

This is it guys.

Please copy, edit and paste as needed.

Thank you so much for your participation. Looking forward to another great event.

Lonewolf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlonewolf View Post
First call.

We are going to need:

-Volunteers.

RSOs: CGN/CGSSA staff.

Certified/trained RSOs, LEOs, Active duty, Reserve members welcome and invited..........

EMTs: Medic, cmartin,Calgunner739,rero360

Camp organizer:

BBQ: AndrewMendez, Lonewolf, more needed.....

Zombie movie coordinators:

-Equipment.

Communication devises: CGN/CGSSA (20 radios will be available)....more needed.

PA systems: Yugo,

Flood lights, generators, extension cords:

Lonewolf: (2) 3500w generators, Towers lights, 350' heavy duty extension cords, black lights,etc.

More needed......

Projector, sounds system: Charles007, bikr4jc.....

Tables, chairs, etc:

All of us.

-BBQ.

Propane BBQs:

We need at least 3 propane bbqs.......

Ice chests, utensils, cups,

Lonewolf, 100#s of ice, (3)cases of water, (2) cases of soft drinks, (1) # of coffe.

Food

Lonewolf, 20#s of marinated ribs, 15#s of Carne asada steaks
^^^ Per PM history/participation

Last edited by mrlonewolf; 02-13-2014 at 8:40 PM..
Old 02-13-2014, 8:53 PM

Originally Posted by mrlonewolf

First call.

We are going to need:

-Volunteers.

RSOs: CGN/CGSSA staff.

Certified/trained RSOs, LEOs, Active duty, Reserve members welcome and invited..........

EMTs: Medic, cmartin,Calgunner739,rero360

Camp organizer:

BBQ: AndrewMendez, Lonewolf, more needed.....

Zombie movie coordinators:

-Equipment.

Communication devises: CGN/CGSSA (20 radios will be available)....more needed.

PA systems: Yugo,

Flood lights, generators, extension cords:

Lonewolf: (2) 3500w generators, Towers lights, 350' heavy duty extension cords, black lights,etc.

More needed......

Projector, sounds system: Charles007, bikr4jc.....

Tables, chairs, etc: All of us.

-BBQ.

Propane BBQs:

We need at least 3 propane bbqs.......

Ice chests, utensils, cups,

Lonewolf, 100#s of ice, (3)cases of water, (2) cases of soft drinks, (1) # of coffe.
baka: 2 cases of water

Food

baka: 10lbs of Potato Salad, 10lbs of Macaroni Salad

FYI - For those interested in Renting an RV if you use Cruiseamerica and rent for 3 night you get a 4th night free using code "FRD31".

3 weeks tonight I'll be in the RV getting ready for night time shooting

Last edited by baka; 02-13-2014 at 9:04 PM..
Old 02-13-2014, 8:58 PM

Folks.

I do have a member willing to do a Spartan run to J&G to get some ammo.

I really appreciate the offer but in reality I rather have this outstanding member enjoying the shoot along with his family and friends fresh and not burned out for an overnight run.

God bless you brother.

Old 02-13-2014, 9:41 PM

I will get ,Plastic Forks , Knives, Plates and cups.
Old 02-14-2014, 5:47 AM

Quote:
I got a hold of 20 live pigeons since we can't use clays. I've used them before and obviously biodegradable so no clean up problem. Wish clays were allowed on BLM since they're cheaper and people tend to frown on using live targets.
Oh you were serious...
-Marshawn Lynch
Old 02-14-2014, 7:28 AM
Veteran Member

Lol no I wasnt. I was waiting for an outcry and was surprised no one said anything.
Old 02-14-2014, 8:37 AM

Quote:
Lol no I wasnt. I was waiting for an outcry and was surprised no one said anything.
That one flew over my head.

(Sorry couldn't resist)
-Marshawn Lynch
Old 02-14-2014, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Deep inside everyone was like...... YUSSSS!
Old 02-14-2014, 11:36 AM
Veteran Member

Yeah I'm bummed about the "no clays" as well
I was gonna use up a whole case of birdshot I've had laying around.
Old 02-14-2014, 12:24 PM
Veteran Member

biodegradeble clays are no go too?

-bb

NRA Life Endowment Member - CRPA Member

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Ben Franklin, 1759
Old 02-14-2014, 8:16 PM

I forgot about this even though I said I was going. Made sure to mark this down on the calendar now. I will be taking more pictures this time around, and if anyone wants a photo of them or their family members shooting let me know, I have a professional quality camera that rarely gets put to use. Would generally send through private message online like last shoot. Lmk!

Here's the volley fire video again, directed at the zombie bleeding target I sacrificed at the 4.5 Shoot. Still puts a smile on my face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlonewolf View Post
As far it does complies with our currents laws and regulations, I don't see why not.

I always bring this.

I might be able to bring a couple of MG42s and an M3......
I didn't see this on Day 1 of 4.5 Shoot. Haha, apparently I missed alot of action..

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackberg View Post
biodegradeble clays are no go too?

-bb
No-go, refer to past posts. They degrade but too slowly.
Old 02-15-2014, 11:06 AM

Got my campfire permit.....

Campfire Permit Website

Old 02-16-2014, 5:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossedRifles View Post
Here's the volley fire video again, directed at the zombie bleeding target I sacrificed at the 4.5 Shoot. Still puts a smile on my face.

The firing squad was fun.

Several members have asked about having it again, unfortunately I don't have a Bleeding Zombie target to bring with me.

Old 02-16-2014, 5:21 PM

Guys.

We are getting rally close to our event, if you are willing to contribute to the potluck please edit this post as needed.

Thank you.

PotLuck/BBQ.

Propane BBQs: We need at least 3 propane bbqs.......

Ice chests, utensils, cups:

baka: 2 cases of water

Food

baka: 10lbs of Potato Salad, 10lbs of Macaroni Salad