Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1681  
Old 01-06-2014, 11:01 PM
CaliforniaLiberal's Avatar
CaliforniaLiberal CaliforniaLiberal is offline
#1 Bull Goose Loony
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 4,195
iTrader: 21 / 100%
Default

I have a quick question. Please save me from "Search" hell if you have the answer.

I have a COE, so CA DOJ has my Live Scan prints on file. Do I have to get another Live Scan for the LTC application or am I good to go with what's already on file?
__________________
A Better Way to Search CalGuns - https://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=0...78:pzxbzjzh1zk
CalGuns Foundation FAQ - http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/index.php/FAQ
Main Page CalGuns Wiki - http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/index.php/Main_Page
CA Legislature Bill Search - http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/fa...chClient.xhtml
C D Michel, lots of reporting on current CA Legislation - http://www.calgunlaws.com
Second Amendment Foundation - http://www.saf.org
Reply With Quote
  #1682  
Old 01-07-2014, 4:10 AM
Bainter1212's Avatar
Bainter1212 Bainter1212 is online now
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,992
iTrader: 31 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaLiberal View Post
I have a quick question. Please save me from "Search" hell if you have the answer.

I have a COE, so CA DOJ has my Live Scan prints on file. Do I have to get another Live Scan for the LTC application or am I good to go with what's already on file?
You have to do it again.......however, your approval will come much quicker than most.
Reply With Quote
  #1683  
Old 01-07-2014, 7:29 AM
CaliforniaLiberal's Avatar
CaliforniaLiberal CaliforniaLiberal is offline
#1 Bull Goose Loony
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 4,195
iTrader: 21 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bainter1212 View Post
You have to do it again.......however, your approval will come much quicker than most.

Thanks!
__________________
A Better Way to Search CalGuns - https://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=0...78:pzxbzjzh1zk
CalGuns Foundation FAQ - http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/index.php/FAQ
Main Page CalGuns Wiki - http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/index.php/Main_Page
CA Legislature Bill Search - http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/fa...chClient.xhtml
C D Michel, lots of reporting on current CA Legislation - http://www.calgunlaws.com
Second Amendment Foundation - http://www.saf.org
Reply With Quote
  #1684  
Old 01-08-2014, 6:35 PM
hoffmang's Avatar
hoffmang hoffmang is offline
No, I am not a Moderator!
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Peninsula, Bay Area
Posts: 18,491
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by taperxz View Post
If the Sheriff changes his mind or a new Sheriff comes and doesn't want to issue and "may issue" isn't resolved, Sac is nothing if renewals are no longer granted. Handshakes are not a great help when stipulating out of court. It's nothing more than a soft agreement.
Hence the ongoing case of Richards v Prieto.

We thought that getting 3,000+ people carrying in Sacramento was important enough to delay the case and force the changes.

Maybe you differ.

-Gene
__________________
Gene Hoffman
Chairman, The Calguns Foundation

DONATE NOW
to support the rights of California gun owners. Follow @CalgunsFdn on Twitter.
Opinions posted in this account are my own and not the approved position of any organization.
I read PMs. But, if you need a response, include an email address or email me directly!


"The problem with being a gun rights supporter is that the left hates guns and the right hates rights." -Anon
Reply With Quote
  #1685  
Old 01-10-2014, 8:41 PM
taperxz taperxz is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Lake County
Posts: 14,891
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffmang View Post
Hence the ongoing case of Richards v Prieto.

We thought that getting 3,000+ people carrying in Sacramento was important enough to delay the case and force the changes.

Maybe you differ.

-Gene
Not at all on differing. Hanging your hopes on Richards is a pretty high stakes bet though. Since you got so many LTC's in SAC, What about the rest of the state?

Why is it that this initiative has died in the last 18 months? Your own analysis that you just put out shows how LTC's have slowed since this initiative died.

You had a good thing going but now its almost dead. No explanation, CGF just disappeared. No more posts, no updates, nothing. Except 13 failed court cases and one that made pre emption invalid in San Mateo County.

BTW that was a statute you challenged that wasn't even enforced until you decided to take them to court. Did you know that? Did you know that after your case lost, a bulletin was put out to all deputies that the no gun law in San Mateo county parks was to now be enforced?

How do i know this? My Deputy buddies told me this.
Reply With Quote
  #1686  
Old 01-10-2014, 9:54 PM
hoffmang's Avatar
hoffmang hoffmang is offline
No, I am not a Moderator!
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Peninsula, Bay Area
Posts: 18,491
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by taperxz View Post
Not at all on differing. Hanging your hopes on Richards is a pretty high stakes bet though. Since you got so many LTC's in SAC, What about the rest of the state?

Why is it that this initiative has died in the last 18 months? Your own analysis that you just put out shows how LTC's have slowed since this initiative died.

You had a good thing going but now its almost dead. No explanation, CGF just disappeared. No more posts, no updates, nothing. Except 13 failed court cases and one that made pre emption invalid in San Mateo County.

BTW that was a statute you challenged that wasn't even enforced until you decided to take them to court. Did you know that? Did you know that after your case lost, a bulletin was put out to all deputies that the no gun law in San Mateo county parks was to now be enforced?

How do i know this? My Deputy buddies told me this.
And why do you think they don't want to enforce gun laws in San Mateo Parks? Which entity can fully avoid a federal court certifying a question to the Cal Supremes about carry in parks?

Could you please show me the 13 supposed cases. You'll have to leave Silvester out because we're winning that. You'll also have to leave out all the prosecutions we got dropped.

Also, maybe you missed the statistics update showing that quite a few counties we've been involved with have had significant increases in license issuance.

Or maybe you're just a hater.

-Gene
__________________
Gene Hoffman
Chairman, The Calguns Foundation

DONATE NOW
to support the rights of California gun owners. Follow @CalgunsFdn on Twitter.
Opinions posted in this account are my own and not the approved position of any organization.
I read PMs. But, if you need a response, include an email address or email me directly!


"The problem with being a gun rights supporter is that the left hates guns and the right hates rights." -Anon

Last edited by hoffmang; 01-10-2014 at 9:58 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #1687  
Old 01-10-2014, 10:07 PM
taperxz taperxz is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Lake County
Posts: 14,891
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffmang View Post
And why do you think they don't want to enforce gun laws in San Mateo Parks? Which entity can fully avoid a federal court certifying a question to the Cal Supremes about carry in parks?

Could you please show me the 13 supposed cases. You'll have to leave Silvester out because we're winning that. You'll also have to leave out all the prosecutions we got dropped.

Also, maybe you missed the statistics update showing that quite a few counties we've been involved with have had significant increases in license issuance.

Or maybe you're just a hater and a troll.

-Gene
Here is the problem i have with your rhetoric. YOU seem to think that YOU are responsible for the uptick in CCW's. I acknowledge that you certainly helped in Sac. (somewhat) I believe the incoming Sheriff was also receptive to the idea anyway though.

Isn't it fair to say that the Obama administration also created a panic that also enlightened citizens to go out and get their license. More guns sales/ more people interested in carry?

I looked at the stats. I don't see how in two years CGF who primarily used CGN as a communication tool could have gotten 30,000 CCW's. Many don't even know who CGF is.

Point is, if you would stop embellishing your story, it would be easier to follow. Accountability goes a long way. People are smarter than you think.

It sure would be nice if you came back to earth and simply were honest about what is really going on instead of burying you heads in the sand and disappearing from the one forum that got you to where you were 18 months ago. CGF posts barely get noticed on this forum any more. You had a great thing going then you.... Well, i don't know what you guys did.

Not a hater, not a troll, just calling it like i see it. If i'm wrong, help me to see it the right way.
Reply With Quote
  #1688  
Old 01-13-2014, 8:24 PM
hoffmang's Avatar
hoffmang hoffmang is offline
No, I am not a Moderator!
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Peninsula, Bay Area
Posts: 18,491
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by taperxz View Post
Here is the problem i have with your rhetoric. YOU seem to think that YOU are responsible for the uptick in CCW's. I acknowledge that you certainly helped in Sac. (somewhat) I believe the incoming Sheriff was also receptive to the idea anyway though.
The incoming sheriff was who we negotiated and settled with, or did you not think that through?

-Gene
__________________
Gene Hoffman
Chairman, The Calguns Foundation

DONATE NOW
to support the rights of California gun owners. Follow @CalgunsFdn on Twitter.
Opinions posted in this account are my own and not the approved position of any organization.
I read PMs. But, if you need a response, include an email address or email me directly!


"The problem with being a gun rights supporter is that the left hates guns and the right hates rights." -Anon
Reply With Quote
  #1689  
Old 01-15-2014, 11:17 AM
taperxz taperxz is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Lake County
Posts: 14,891
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffmang View Post
The incoming sheriff was who we negotiated and settled with, or did you not think that through?

-Gene
I do believe you talked with him. My point was more to that it was somewhat documented that the incoming Sheriff already had a pro-2A stance as many residents in SAC have also mentioned.

I certainly applaud the pro-active nature of CGF! It just seems like you want to take credit for the whole thing and not give credit to other parts of the equation. (incoming sheriff was pro-2A already) I think you are well aware that this sheriff could change his mind if he wanted to or a new sheriff could shut the whole operation down too.

I think this back and forth stuff on this forum convolutes and exacerbates our opinions

Last edited by taperxz; 01-15-2014 at 11:19 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #1690  
Old 01-18-2014, 9:19 PM
kdub1290 kdub1290 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Sacramento County
Posts: 96
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

Anyone heard anything about there ever being weapons modification appointments again?
Reply With Quote
  #1691  
Old 01-18-2014, 9:50 PM
hoffmang's Avatar
hoffmang hoffmang is offline
No, I am not a Moderator!
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Peninsula, Bay Area
Posts: 18,491
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by taperxz View Post
I certainly applaud the pro-active nature of CGF! It just seems like you want to take credit for the whole thing and not give credit to other parts of the equation. (incoming sheriff was pro-2A already) I think you are well aware that this sheriff could change his mind if he wanted to or a new sheriff could shut the whole operation down too.
Two points. First, we're not taking 100% credit, but I can tell you that when the Cal State Sheriff's Association talks about this issue, CGF is the primary thing they talk about. When we filed the very first post Heller carry case many other gun rights organizations (who now wish to claim they support carry litigation - especially after Moore) told us we were insane to push this issue. I can clearly state that CGF is the only gun rights organization to push a county in California to virtually shall issue. In addition, the increases in many other counties are solely (or in partnership with one or two other groups) our efforts. There are other smaller counties that have always been VSI that have simply had increases due to the reasons you mention though.

Second, the incoming and now current Sac Sheriff took more convincing than you think. A CGF volunteer - who refuses to be talked about - did the heavy political lifting. It burns when people who aren't close to the issues don't understand the fact that that volunteer can not be quoted and due to the ongoing case/controversy we can't publish privileged exchanges with the County - but at least those are alluded to in the blog post I made earlier.

When Richards is over, I'll happily share written proof of CGF and SAF's role in turning Sacramento virtually shall issue.

But going back to point 1, you have no idea how hard people disbelieved that Sac was VSI until they then started to tell us that we had no involvement in creating that. Gun owners have some difficulty getting over old wives' tales.

-Gene
__________________
Gene Hoffman
Chairman, The Calguns Foundation

DONATE NOW
to support the rights of California gun owners. Follow @CalgunsFdn on Twitter.
Opinions posted in this account are my own and not the approved position of any organization.
I read PMs. But, if you need a response, include an email address or email me directly!


"The problem with being a gun rights supporter is that the left hates guns and the right hates rights." -Anon
Reply With Quote
  #1692  
Old 01-18-2014, 10:57 PM
Tincon's Avatar
Tincon Tincon is offline
Mortuus Ergo Invictus
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 5,067
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default Gene and his lies

Ah, so you can prove you made Sac increase issuance, except that you can't because it's all hush hush/secret. Please, how stupid do you think people are?

If you had done ANYTHING in Sac, there would be a binding settlement.
__________________
My posts may contain general information related to the law, however, THEY ARE NOT LEGAL ADVICE AND I AM NOT A LAWYER. I recommend you consult a lawyer if you want legal advice. No attorney-client or confidential relationship exists or will be formed between myself and any other person on the basis of these posts. Pronouns I may use (such as "you" and "your") do NOT refer to any particular person under any circumstance.
Reply With Quote
  #1693  
Old 01-19-2014, 12:06 AM
hoffmang's Avatar
hoffmang hoffmang is offline
No, I am not a Moderator!
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Peninsula, Bay Area
Posts: 18,491
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tincon View Post
Ah, so you can prove you made Sac increase issuance, except that you can't because it's all hush hush/secret. Please, how stupid do you think people are?

If you had done ANYTHING in Sac, there would be a binding settlement.
I expect that most people hurdle your low bar.

Please explain this document: http://www.archive.org/download/gov....91626.42.1.pdf

The relevant quote is:
Quote:
The Court ordered that this action be held in abeyance for sixty days following the Supreme Court’s decision in McDonald v. City of Chicago, 130 S. Ct. 3020 (2010), which was handed down on June 28, 2010. During this period, Plaintiffs and Defendants Sacramento County and McGinness were able to resolve their dispute. An appropriate stipulation of dismissal covering the dispute with the Sacramento defendants is filed separately.
Are you accusing us of perjury? Be careful here.

-Gene
__________________
Gene Hoffman
Chairman, The Calguns Foundation

DONATE NOW
to support the rights of California gun owners. Follow @CalgunsFdn on Twitter.
Opinions posted in this account are my own and not the approved position of any organization.
I read PMs. But, if you need a response, include an email address or email me directly!


"The problem with being a gun rights supporter is that the left hates guns and the right hates rights." -Anon
Reply With Quote
  #1694  
Old 01-19-2014, 12:51 AM
Tincon's Avatar
Tincon Tincon is offline
Mortuus Ergo Invictus
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 5,067
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Are you saying there is a binding settlement? I see nothing in that quote that suggests as much.
__________________
My posts may contain general information related to the law, however, THEY ARE NOT LEGAL ADVICE AND I AM NOT A LAWYER. I recommend you consult a lawyer if you want legal advice. No attorney-client or confidential relationship exists or will be formed between myself and any other person on the basis of these posts. Pronouns I may use (such as "you" and "your") do NOT refer to any particular person under any circumstance.
Reply With Quote
  #1695  
Old 01-19-2014, 1:01 AM
hoffmang's Avatar
hoffmang hoffmang is offline
No, I am not a Moderator!
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Peninsula, Bay Area
Posts: 18,491
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tincon View Post
Are you saying there is a binding settlement? I see nothing in that quote that suggests as much.
Are you saying that's not "ANYTHING" as you said above?

-Gene
__________________
Gene Hoffman
Chairman, The Calguns Foundation

DONATE NOW
to support the rights of California gun owners. Follow @CalgunsFdn on Twitter.
Opinions posted in this account are my own and not the approved position of any organization.
I read PMs. But, if you need a response, include an email address or email me directly!


"The problem with being a gun rights supporter is that the left hates guns and the right hates rights." -Anon
Reply With Quote
  #1696  
Old 01-19-2014, 1:06 AM
Tincon's Avatar
Tincon Tincon is offline
Mortuus Ergo Invictus
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 5,067
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffmang View Post
Are you saying that's not "ANYTHING" as you said above?

-Gene
Well I though it was pretty clearly implied, but I meant anything productive. Patting yourself on the back and saying "Derp, I filed a lawsuit, der derp" doesn't count.
__________________
My posts may contain general information related to the law, however, THEY ARE NOT LEGAL ADVICE AND I AM NOT A LAWYER. I recommend you consult a lawyer if you want legal advice. No attorney-client or confidential relationship exists or will be formed between myself and any other person on the basis of these posts. Pronouns I may use (such as "you" and "your") do NOT refer to any particular person under any circumstance.
Reply With Quote
  #1697  
Old 01-19-2014, 1:17 AM
hoffmang's Avatar
hoffmang hoffmang is offline
No, I am not a Moderator!
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Peninsula, Bay Area
Posts: 18,491
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tincon View Post
Well I though it was pretty clearly implied, but I meant anything productive. Patting yourself on the back and saying "Derp, I filed a lawsuit, der derp" doesn't count.
Net 2500 new Sacramento LTCs isn't anything productive...

-Gene
__________________
Gene Hoffman
Chairman, The Calguns Foundation

DONATE NOW
to support the rights of California gun owners. Follow @CalgunsFdn on Twitter.
Opinions posted in this account are my own and not the approved position of any organization.
I read PMs. But, if you need a response, include an email address or email me directly!


"The problem with being a gun rights supporter is that the left hates guns and the right hates rights." -Anon
Reply With Quote
  #1698  
Old 01-19-2014, 1:30 AM
Tincon's Avatar
Tincon Tincon is offline
Mortuus Ergo Invictus
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 5,067
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffmang View Post
Net 2500 new Sacramento LTCs isn't anything productive...

-Gene
You taking credit for something you didn't do isn't productive. Those issuances came about as a result of a pro-CCW sheriff being elected, not a CGF lawsuit. Same old tricks Gene, don't you have anything new to try?
__________________
My posts may contain general information related to the law, however, THEY ARE NOT LEGAL ADVICE AND I AM NOT A LAWYER. I recommend you consult a lawyer if you want legal advice. No attorney-client or confidential relationship exists or will be formed between myself and any other person on the basis of these posts. Pronouns I may use (such as "you" and "your") do NOT refer to any particular person under any circumstance.
Reply With Quote
  #1699  
Old 01-19-2014, 7:23 PM
hoffmang's Avatar
hoffmang hoffmang is offline
No, I am not a Moderator!
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Peninsula, Bay Area
Posts: 18,491
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tincon View Post
You taking credit for something you didn't do isn't productive. Those issuances came about as a result of a pro-CCW sheriff being elected, not a CGF lawsuit. Same old tricks Gene, don't you have anything new to try?
Which lawsuit changed the text of the Sacramento County policy?

For that matter, name me any group who has gotten a county in California to go VSI except CGF.

It is you who have only one trick. What I don't get is why after getting swatted and having this community get your back and then getting overcharged by counsel you got so warped. Is it stockholm syndrome?

-Gene
__________________
Gene Hoffman
Chairman, The Calguns Foundation

DONATE NOW
to support the rights of California gun owners. Follow @CalgunsFdn on Twitter.
Opinions posted in this account are my own and not the approved position of any organization.
I read PMs. But, if you need a response, include an email address or email me directly!


"The problem with being a gun rights supporter is that the left hates guns and the right hates rights." -Anon
Reply With Quote
  #1700  
Old 01-19-2014, 7:36 PM
Tincon's Avatar
Tincon Tincon is offline
Mortuus Ergo Invictus
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 5,067
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffmang View Post
Which lawsuit changed the text of the Sacramento County policy?
Gene you can keep spinning and attacking but at the end of the day the truth is Sac changed because someone new was elected who was pro-CCW. If the next Sheriff elected is anti-CCW it will change right back because there is absolutely no legal restriction in place. Your lawsuit did nothing except trick people into giving you money. I owe this community, which is why I'll continue to call out artists like you.
__________________
My posts may contain general information related to the law, however, THEY ARE NOT LEGAL ADVICE AND I AM NOT A LAWYER. I recommend you consult a lawyer if you want legal advice. No attorney-client or confidential relationship exists or will be formed between myself and any other person on the basis of these posts. Pronouns I may use (such as "you" and "your") do NOT refer to any particular person under any circumstance.
Reply With Quote
  #1701  
Old 01-20-2014, 11:07 AM
taperxz taperxz is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Lake County
Posts: 14,891
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffmang View Post
Two points. First, we're not taking 100% credit, but I can tell you that when the Cal State Sheriff's Association talks about this issue, CGF is the primary thing they talk about. When we filed the very first post Heller carry case many other gun rights organizations (who now wish to claim they support carry litigation - especially after Moore) told us we were insane to push this issue. I can clearly state that CGF is the only gun rights organization to push a county in California to virtually shall issue. In addition, the increases in many other counties are solely (or in partnership with one or two other groups) our efforts. There are other smaller counties that have always been VSI that have simply had increases due to the reasons you mention though.

Second, the incoming and now current Sac Sheriff took more convincing than you think. A CGF volunteer - who refuses to be talked about - did the heavy political lifting. It burns when people who aren't close to the issues don't understand the fact that that volunteer can not be quoted and due to the ongoing case/controversy we can't publish privileged exchanges with the County - but at least those are alluded to in the blog post I made earlier.

When Richards is over, I'll happily share written proof of CGF and SAF's role in turning Sacramento virtually shall issue.

But going back to point 1, you have no idea how hard people disbelieved that Sac was VSI until they then started to tell us that we had no involvement in creating that. Gun owners have some difficulty getting over old wives' tales.

-Gene
Well, OK i guess we will see as you have asked me to wait for Richards. As for volunteers who got stuff done? I won't discount that either!

However, my experience is that when a volunteer sticks their neck out to help in other counties and actually gets results, they seem to get thrown by the wayside and told that their accomplishments were not important to the cause.

I look forward to hearing about the SAC volunteer. People that makes reference letters disappear and convincing a Sheriff to issue for "self defense" isn't a big deal.

Your minions may have been committed to SAC and a few other counties but the rest of the state is still waiting and was told to me that CGF doesn't have the time for such things any more.
Reply With Quote
  #1702  
Old 01-20-2014, 11:24 AM
taperxz taperxz is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Lake County
Posts: 14,891
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffmang View Post
Which lawsuit changed the text of the Sacramento County policy?

For that matter, name me any group who has gotten a county in California to go VSI except CGF.

It is you who have only one trick. What I don't get is why after getting swatted and having this community get your back and then getting overcharged by counsel you got so warped. Is it stockholm syndrome?

-Gene
Sorry Gene, but CGF has given me a similar perception of your accusations here. For months you guys have abandoned CGN and left the Sunshine Initiative to die on the vine here. It really looks like you took your ball and went home when it came to those who donated to this cause and continue to come back to this part of the forum for answers and help. (again, just my perception)
Reply With Quote
  #1703  
Old 01-20-2014, 3:34 PM
kdub1290 kdub1290 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Sacramento County
Posts: 96
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdub1290 View Post
Anyone heard anything about there ever being weapons modification appointments again?
If anyone wants to take a break from this little dispute and help me out with a legitimate question, then that would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote
  #1704  
Old 01-20-2014, 4:11 PM
CaliforniaLiberal's Avatar
CaliforniaLiberal CaliforniaLiberal is offline
#1 Bull Goose Loony
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 4,195
iTrader: 21 / 100%
Default

"If anyone wants to take a break from this little dispute and help me out with a legitimate question, then that would be greatly appreciated. "

You may proceed Kdub.
Reply With Quote
  #1705  
Old 01-24-2014, 10:52 AM
Bainter1212's Avatar
Bainter1212 Bainter1212 is online now
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,992
iTrader: 31 / 100%
Default

Appts are back up.....
Reply With Quote
  #1706  
Old 01-24-2014, 1:02 PM
Gogo2nd's Avatar
Gogo2nd Gogo2nd is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Sacramento county
Posts: 301
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default initial appt

YES! HURRAH! The new Sac Sheriff office staff have opened up the CCW calendar of appointments again. I set my initial application appointment choice for the first week of February. Hope all flows well and I receive the final permit by July or August. Good luck to everyone else seeking their ccw....exercise your right...remember it IS your right to keep and bear arms. In my view the proper training afforded by the ccw process makes you a 'well-regulated militia...' -member. The proper training is what helps assure the safe possession and bearing of any firearm especially when outside the home. The permit process does not treat that right as a mere privilege but rather assures that the exercise of that right is...as the second ammendment states ...'well-regulated'. I wish to thank Sacramento Sheriff Jones for making this possible and not using the office to block access to ccw permits by unprohibited persons.
Reply With Quote
  #1707  
Old 02-01-2014, 7:13 PM
kdub1290 kdub1290 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Sacramento County
Posts: 96
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

I see new applications opened up. Still no word on weapon modifications appointments?
Reply With Quote
  #1708  
Old 02-01-2014, 11:05 PM
munnman84's Avatar
munnman84 munnman84 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 188
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

I Want final issuance appointments up... I have been waiting forever since "the office move". I am running out of time...my 6 month mark is coming up.
Reply With Quote
  #1709  
Old 02-02-2014, 7:26 AM
Anthracis Anthracis is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: الفلوجة
Posts: 974
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

***

Last edited by Anthracis; 11-21-2014 at 11:49 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #1710  
Old 02-04-2014, 4:09 PM
egDonald egDonald is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: elk grove
Posts: 179
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdub1290 View Post
I see new applications opened up. Still no word on weapon modifications appointments?
No definite answer, merely speculation on my part... But I say yes they'll be back.

I don't see any significant reason why SSD wouldn't want to open this back up, other than lack of staffing. I know you're pretty tied of hearing the staffing excuse, but it seems logical.

Now that they've moved in to the new place, they'll settle in, maybe hire more personnel, and open modifications back up.

I'm assuming on of the primary duties of that site will be to handle CCW applications... Otherwise they could have implemented a temp location at the Florin location (where live scan is done).

If truly urgent you could contact ccw office email and see what they can do if you "renew" you permit earlier than needed.
Of course you pay the consequence of "lost" time on the permit, paying re-qualification course, DOJ fees, and SSD fees

Otherwise I know it's easier said than done... But be patient.

Good luck.


sent by the Nexus4
Reply With Quote
  #1711  
Old 02-05-2014, 9:24 AM
Bainter1212's Avatar
Bainter1212 Bainter1212 is online now
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,992
iTrader: 31 / 100%
Default

Just got my permit today. Initial appt was in October.

The new office is nice. They were training new people as well so it looks like they will be able to handle an increased volume of applicants. Still no weapons mods on your permit at this time.
Reply With Quote
  #1712  
Old 02-07-2014, 10:16 AM
GraySquirrel GraySquirrel is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 100
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

How do you know if any appointments are available? Do you just look at the front page or do you have to enter all the information and go to the end until you get the "Sorry..."
Reply With Quote
  #1713  
Old 02-07-2014, 11:17 AM
crazeru crazeru is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Got this today, don't know how long before appointments will be back up.

Special Investigations/Intelligence Bureau
Concealed Weapons Permit Information

We’re sorry there are currently no available appointments for new applicants.
We will keep your contact information on file and notify you via e-mail when
additional appointments are published.
Reply With Quote
  #1714  
Old 02-07-2014, 6:14 PM
Bainter1212's Avatar
Bainter1212 Bainter1212 is online now
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,992
iTrader: 31 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraySquirrel View Post
How do you know if any appointments are available? Do you just look at the front page or do you have to enter all the information and go to the end until you get the "Sorry..."
Plug in your info and go to the end.....both of my appts were snagged when the front page said there were none. Check twice a day.
Reply With Quote
  #1715  
Old 02-07-2014, 7:47 PM
hoffmang's Avatar
hoffmang hoffmang is offline
No, I am not a Moderator!
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Peninsula, Bay Area
Posts: 18,491
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tincon View Post
Gene you can keep spinning and attacking but at the end of the day the truth is Sac changed because someone new was elected who was pro-CCW. If the next Sheriff elected is anti-CCW it will change right back because there is absolutely no legal restriction in place. Your lawsuit did nothing except trick people into giving you money. I owe this community, which is why I'll continue to call out artists like you.
The text of the policy was changed by us to reach settlement. That textual change happened before the election. The real risk was that the person we negotiated that change with would not win the election.

Luckily he did.

Results aren't trickery. Trollish behaviour that doesn't work to advance people getting guns or licenses is spin.

-Gene
__________________
Gene Hoffman
Chairman, The Calguns Foundation

DONATE NOW
to support the rights of California gun owners. Follow @CalgunsFdn on Twitter.
Opinions posted in this account are my own and not the approved position of any organization.
I read PMs. But, if you need a response, include an email address or email me directly!


"The problem with being a gun rights supporter is that the left hates guns and the right hates rights." -Anon
Reply With Quote
  #1716  
Old 02-10-2014, 10:45 AM
GraySquirrel GraySquirrel is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 100
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bainter1212 View Post
Plug in your info and go to the end.....both of my appts were snagged when the front page said there were none. Check twice a day.
Is 50 times a day too much?
Reply With Quote
  #1717  
Old 02-11-2014, 9:37 AM
Jersey67 Jersey67 is offline
Member
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Elk Grove, CA
Posts: 81
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraySquirrel View Post
Is 50 times a day too much?
No. I don't think so.

I read a lot of posts and gained great insight from the folks on here. Thank you again! If you want an appointment. You have to go and get it. If I had just sat around and waited to get a courtesy email as to the openings of new application appointments, I would certainly still be waiting! And if I waited for more issuance appointments, I'd get one. But not probably until at least April. I received my initial appointment, and got an issuance appointment last week because of persistence.

There are cancellations and probably a few new appointments thrown in there all the time. Gotta fish for em!
Reply With Quote
  #1718  
Old 02-28-2014, 10:17 AM
SouperMan SouperMan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 1,464
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Ladies and Gentlemen, new appointments for both renewal and new applications just opened up. Go now!
Reply With Quote
  #1719  
Old 02-28-2014, 10:31 AM
Markinsac Markinsac is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 563
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Here is what the schedule appears for appointments, at least for March:

Issuance - Monday and Wednesday, all day long
Renewals - Tuesday and Thursday, all day long
Address modifications - Monday, afternoons
Reply With Quote
  #1720  
Old 02-28-2014, 11:59 AM
kenko kenko is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 238
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

Got both our appts by checking 3 times a day. Going in for New Issuance on Tuesday and Thursday next week.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 5:36 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2016, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.