Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Turner's Outdoorsman
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2013, 10:56 AM

Default Ruger Red Label

Anybody else waiting for a Ruger Red Label also?
I paid for one in full last month and was told it would be here by Dec. 1st....no gun yet.

Last edited by LinemanForTheCounty; 12-14-2013 at 11:01 AM..
Old 12-14-2013, 4:30 PM

Yup....I was told first week of December too,,,, Cool I thought, Just in time to break it in on some doves.... Wrong......
Old 12-16-2013, 8:07 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinemanForTheCounty View Post
Anybody else waiting for a Ruger Red Label also?
I paid for one in full last month and was told it would be here by Dec. 1st....no gun yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR_Chuck View Post
Yup....I was told first week of December too,,,, Cool I thought, Just in time to break it in on some doves.... Wrong......
Ruger had promised a ship date that these would be in our warehouse around the beginning of the month. Seemingly they were overwhelmed with orders as they are now telling us that they will ship us shotguns this week- two weeks after their original ETA.

18 Stores Located throughout SoCal
Oxnard | Reseda | Pasadena | West Covina
Torrance | Signal Hill | Fountain Valley
Norwalk | Orange | Chino Hills | Victorville
Rancho Cucamonga | San Bernardino | Corona
Temecula | San Marcos | Kearny Mesa
El Cajon | Lake Forest (Coming Soon)

Store Location Info

Shop online at www.turners.com

Holiday Flyer Sale and Black Friday Specials | Our Weekly Ad | Current Closeout Firearm List
Old 12-16-2013, 8:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turner's Outdoorsman View Post
....they will ship us shotguns this week- two weeks after their original ETA.
I hope so.
Old 12-21-2013, 12:23 AM

Well it looks like it's not gonna happen by Dec. 31st, so it's time to get all the cash back and buy somewhere else.
Old 12-28-2013, 8:31 AM

Update I was told yesterday...
"...after the first of the year- first or second week of January."
Old 12-28-2013, 5:52 PM

that really sucks. wait and register, or try to find a new one. i know what i'd pick...

i learned with the ruger p95 that you don't do a deposit or anything like that on a promise that they'll have it "soon." i paid in full for a p95 and 3 months and a weekly phone call later it still wasn't there. went in to buy an AR and just wanted to transfer the money from the ruger over towards the AR and got "hey look at that, your ruger is in the warehouse."
Old 12-28-2013, 6:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkk6869 View Post
that really sucks. wait and register, or try to find a new one. i know what i'd pick...

i learned with the ruger p95 that you don't do a deposit or anything like that on a promise that they'll have it "soon." i paid in full for a p95 and 3 months and a weekly phone call later it still wasn't there. went in to buy an AR and just wanted to transfer the money from the ruger over towards the AR and got "hey look at that, your ruger is in the warehouse."
I'm going there Tuesday and if there's no new Red Label there I'll be taking my money back and never buying from them again. It was supposed to be a Christmas gift for my father, that's why I paid for it in full in November. This is an absolute joke.
Old 12-29-2013, 6:45 AM

If Ruger promised to deliver them by a certain date and then didn't maybe you should never buy a Ruger again?
Old 12-29-2013, 7:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkk6869 View Post

I don't see a problem registering a double barrel shotgun. It is probably the second to last gun that would ever be confiscated. (last being single shot)
Old 12-30-2013, 7:45 AM

I heard that the Chinese sent an EMP pulse through the Ruger factory knocking out their production line AND the zombies ate all the California compliant S&W M+P Shields to make room for the French soldiers that are coming to take my Marlin away!!! I need to stop watching DD Preppers!
Old 12-30-2013, 2:07 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinemanForTheCounty View Post
It was supposed to be a Christmas gift for my father, that's why I paid for it in full in November...

Quote:
Originally Posted by USPSA GM View Post
If Ruger promised to deliver them by a certain date and then didn't maybe you should never buy a Ruger again?
Trust us, it stinks for customers and dealers alike when a factory does a new intro and promises dealers that they'll deliver guns in a given window- most of the time they do.

But when they don't, customers don't get the guns they want and we don't make the sale and then nobody's happy.

Store Location Info

Holiday Flyer Sale and Black Friday Specials | Our Weekly Ad | Current Closeout Firearm List
Old 12-31-2013, 8:20 PM

Turners...... Is there any update on the Red Label delivery date????
Old 12-31-2013, 9:05 PM

I went today and got all the cash back, they said hopefully in two weeks they'll show up.
Old 01-03-2014, 9:31 PM

Default sent email to Ruger

A few days ago I sent an email to Ruger asking them if they were even producing the gun and when they expect to roll some more out. I got a response back saying if within a month Turners didn't have it for me to send them another email and they would direct me to some distributor elsewhere. I put $400 down on the gun in Temecula and wanted it for Christmas. Sucks!
Old 01-03-2014, 9:45 PM

The main sales rep from Turners emailed me yesterday saying that they are getting 18 units in the next two weeks. Doesn't matter to me anymore I found one with another shop in Palmdale, for less than Turners sale price too. We started dros on the 31st...this will be my last purchase in this state.
Old 01-11-2014, 11:57 AM

Still Waitingggggggggggggggg............... I emailed Turners over a week ago and NO REPLY.......

Last edited by DR_Chuck; 01-11-2014 at 12:05 PM..
Old 01-11-2014, 12:04 PM

Good luck.
Old 01-13-2014, 7:24 PM

Thanks,,,think I'm going to need some luck or some gool ol customer service.... its been a week and a half since I emailed turners and still noooooo replyyyyyy... It's a pretty simple request... WHEN????

Rob Zubak
Director of Sales
robzubak@turners.com

Seems like a waste of time, when they list email contacts on their web page but don't take the time to reply........

Last edited by DR_Chuck; 01-13-2014 at 7:44 PM..
Old 01-13-2014, 10:31 PM

It's really Rugers fault, but Turners shouldn't have advertised the day they did unless it was guaranteed. Rob Zubak took several days to respond to me every time I emailed him too. They lost a sale to me and I didn't get what I wanted but it did create a positive....I found a new shop locally that is awesome. They will get all my CA business from now on.
Old 01-14-2014, 2:47 PM

I paid in full for my Red Label in November. I'm still waiting and the guys in the store have no clue when they are coming in.
Old 01-15-2014, 3:07 PM

I put a deposit. Nov. 21st and have been told over the past month and a half about 2-4 weeks every time I call. I understand that Ruger is busy, however when the ad said delivery by Dec 1st there should be some sort of liability there. Someone at Turner's has to know what's going on ...

Last edited by Hawkmann; 01-15-2014 at 4:08 PM..
Old 01-15-2014, 8:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmann View Post
Someone at Turner's has to know what's going on ...
Doubt it.
Old 01-16-2014, 3:14 PM

I will be looking for other places that carry the Red Label ....
Old 01-17-2014, 12:24 PM
Vendor/Retailer

A few points-

Ruger did "guarantee" that the guns would be available to dealers. But as with any factory Kel-Tec, S&W, etc. things can go wrong.

And, as it happened with the Ruger 7.62 and Ruger American rimfires, things can go exactly as planned- but that's not as fun to talk about, is it...?

If dealers expected every factory to fail every time before they offered customers a chance to order new arrivals, gun buyers in SoCal would be months behind everyone else in getting guns.

Now the better news- we've received two shipments this week and have more on the way. Over the next week or so, we'll have filled 68% of the deposits we have on hand. We fill these in "earliest deposit date/first order filled' order so some folks will be happier sooner than others.

If folks at the back of the line want to jump out of line for a refund and see if they can pick up a gun sitting on the rack from another dealer who might get a gun here and there from a distributor allocation, they can always contact the location where their order is at, and we'll take care of that.

Based on our conversations with Ruger that's a coin toss of sorts. But we did that for one poster here who was a ways back in the line, and we can do that if you prefer as well; someone further back in line behind you might appreciate it.

Store Location Info

Last edited by Turner's Outdoorsman; 01-17-2014 at 12:42 PM..
Old 01-17-2014, 12:29 PM

TWO WEEKS!

OK, all joking aside, this is happening more and more in the firearms marketplace. It's starting to get as bad as server computing, where announcing and shipping are two entirely different things.

I recently bought a CZ Redhead Deluxe which is in the same price band as the Ruger Red Label, and I've been very happy with it so far. This reminds me of the S&W Shield... guys are still on the waiting list and its been over a year. I opted to SSE one last March rather than wait, and the guys on the list were all saying "two weeks" back then.
Old 01-17-2014, 12:41 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by repomanNWP View Post
TWO WEEKS!

OK, all joking aside, this is happening more and more in the firearms marketplace. It's starting to get as bad as server computing, where announcing and shipping are two entirely different things.

I recently bought a CZ Redhead Deluxe which is in the same price band as the Ruger Red Label, and I've been very happy with it so far. This reminds me of the S&W Shield... guys are still on the waiting list and its been over a year. I opted to SSE one last March rather than wait, and the guys on the list were all saying "two weeks" back then.
Agreed, no dealer wants to be last in line, nor does any customer. But being first in line is no fun, if the line keeps moving on you.

BTW, S&W claims the Shield is still destined for CA but "two weeks" is likely pushing it....

Store Location Info

Old 01-18-2014, 1:47 PM

Instead of Turner's promising these firearms in a specific month they should say "manufacturer's estimated time of delivery..." And let people know it's not a guarantee but an estimate! Otherwise the sales staff looks like a bunch of uninformed idiots and Turner's causes more fuel for negative comments on CG. S&W removed their ETA on their website for the shield. It said Fall 2013 and now it says " To be determined" whatever that means. Maybe the purchasing department is to blame if other stores have the Rugers in stock and Turner's doesn't. I know that I've been able to find powder at Oak Tree and Turner's in the valley says they haven't had powder shipments all year. Someone is dropping the ball.
Old 01-28-2014, 11:18 AM

Why do you guys even put guns on AD that you don't have nor are taking deposits on?
Old 01-28-2014, 3:36 PM

Just picked mine up
Old 01-29-2014, 1:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
Just picked mine up
When was your deposit?
Old 01-30-2014, 9:35 AM

What scares me most is the delivery delay from Ruger could point to some sort of an issue with the gun. A glitch or something they could've run into during production. Really don't want to be a guinea pig. Also given that firearms makers have been backlogged for awhile, makes me feel even less comfortable with the quality that may come out of the factory. I'll wait to hear reviews and hopefully try one at the range before making my decision. Got my money back from Turners and I'm not happy with them or Ruger! Made me lose the sales and fun during Christmas season waiting for this thing. Next time unless they have it in stock I'm NOT giving them my money.
Old 01-30-2014, 1:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack Session View Post
...Got my money back from Turners and I'm not happy with them or Ruger! Made me lose the sales and fun during Christmas season waiting for this thing. Next time unless they have it in stock I'm NOT giving them my money.
Right on, I know the feeling.
Closed Thread