Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Old 01-17-2014, 7:51 AM
CGSSA Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VendetAR View Post
That is state law too.
Please provide a citation. The mag limit law prohibits importation, manufacturing, or sale of +10 mags. It makes NO mention of possession.
Old 01-27-2014, 9:33 PM
Veteran Member

Default Something to consider in this state.

When you carry your gun, it is something you hope you never ever have to actually use.

Let's say you actually had to use your gun for "self defense" inside San Francisco, even if the shoot was perfectly clean, you know the DA is going to press charges and if they find your gun has magazines with greater than 10 round capacity, they will use that against you.

It doesn't matter that the San Francisco Ordinance is "illegal", what matters is do you have the "legal deep pockets" to fight bogus criminal charges.

A CCW holder will face political persecution in San Fran if they ever defend themselves and if you have magazines that hold more than 10 rounds, the DA will say he is prosecuting you because you used excessive force, an "assault pistol", to defend yourself.

Nicki
Old 01-27-2014, 9:50 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Going back to the discussion of SF city laws, no sale of hollowpoints and gun owners must turn in all hi-cap mags to local PD by April of this year.
Old 01-28-2014, 6:18 AM
Super Moderator

Location: West Oakland, low crawling up on Emeryville and Berkeley.

^and I say to SF... good luck with that.

Unenforceable ordinance is unenforceable.

I have a perfect Burning Man attendance record: zero.

You do know there are more guns in the country than there are in the city.
Everyone and their mums is packin' round here!
Like who?
Farmers.
Who else?
Farmers' mums.
Old 01-28-2014, 8:02 AM
In Memoriam

I never lost anything in SF. Don't need to go there
Old 01-28-2014, 8:08 AM
Super Moderator

If the shoot was "perfectly clean" then why would the DA charge you?

Please cite references for your post - seriously where are you getting your information from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicki View Post
When you carry your gun, it is something you hope you never ever have to actually use.

Let's say you actually had to use your gun for "self defense" inside San Francisco, even if the shoot was perfectly clean, you know the DA is going to press charges and if they find your gun has magazines with greater than 10 round capacity, they will use that against you.

It doesn't matter that the San Francisco Ordinance is "illegal", what matters is do you have the "legal deep pockets" to fight bogus criminal charges.

A CCW holder will face political persecution in San Fran if they ever defend themselves and if you have magazines that hold more than 10 rounds, the DA will say he is prosecuting you because you used excessive force, an "assault pistol", to defend yourself.

Nicki

Like who?
Farmers.
Who else?
Farmers' mums.
Old 01-28-2014, 9:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuarterBoreGunner View Post
If the shoot was "perfectly clean" then why would the DA charge you?

Please cite references for your post - seriously where are you getting your information from?
Old 01-28-2014, 9:38 AM
Super Moderator

Okay so it's just made up based on your pre-conceived ideas regarding San Francisco and not based upon any actual, verifiable incidents or PC, and is really just based on your feelings.

In short: You're just making **** up.

I get that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB 916 View Post

Like who?
Farmers.
Who else?
Farmers' mums.
Old 01-29-2014, 2:24 PM
On Everyone's Ignore List

Quote:

Nicki
Just a thought here.....I've got several pistols that came with magazines >10 rounds. Lets assume I have to defend myself with a 92FS or 226 and only have to use 1 or 2 shots. It would be interesting for them to prove excessive force when you still have 13 or 14 rounds left. I would think such a situation would show restraint.

Then again, we are talking about Frisco here where they use Bizarro Logic when it comes to self defense and many other things.

Being north of 60 has definite advantages: I was able to do all my stupid stuff before video cameras, smartphones, utube, and the internet.
Old 01-29-2014, 2:27 PM
On Everyone's Ignore List

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB 916 View Post
I hate to admit this, but Ken Jeung was my primary care Dr. at Kaiser in Woodland Hills for a few years. Ever had a Dr tell jokes during a prostate or hernia exam?

Being north of 60 has definite advantages: I was able to do all my stupid stuff before video cameras, smartphones, utube, and the internet.
Old 01-29-2014, 2:38 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:

Nicki
look on the bright side
if you carry 10 rounders & die cause you ran out of rds,they can't charge you if you are DEAD...