Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Northern California Chapters > Sacramento Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2013, 5:53 PM
Banned

Location: Looking intently through my scope, slowing my breath.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrice6 View Post
It's quite simple, vote with pocketbook & spread the word! Crap shops (whatever their product may be) will either adapt or die.... And I for one, shed no tears for bad businesses going extinct (be it firearms or fire alarms)
Amen. Spend zero money at their shops and chuckle at the "For Lease" sign on the window as you drive right on by.
Old 10-29-2013, 7:40 PM

Your story is the same as mine. I went looking for two .308 rifles. Waited one hour and asked if their prices were rock solid or if I bought a couple there could be a discount. The guy then started making fun of me right in front of everyone; making rude personally demeaning comments! He then walked away and nobody would look at me from that point. I left, found my rifles at Cordova shooting center and spent $2600.00 there.
Old 10-30-2013, 8:04 PM
CGN Contributor

Kinda makes me miss Old Sac Armory.

Retired LE, M.P., Sr. M.P. Investigator, armorer, F.B.I. Trained Rangemaster/Firearms Instructor , Presently Forensic Document Examiner for D.H.S.
Old 11-13-2013, 3:06 PM

I got a story... I saught out a SSE'ing a Shield in 9mm back in july... meanwhile I qualified for my ccw with another gun with Wes' s course at sac valley. Prepaid for a second gun but Shield hadn't come in. Wild Bill's kept stringing me and stinging me until I got tired and cancelled my preorder. Called up another reputable vendor and had one nearly instantly. In all fairness if you do business with Wild Bills don't see/talk to anyone but Stacy. He is I believe the manager, and is the only one who gives a damn, and talks to you with respect. He never once made me feel rushed. Just wish they could get there **** together. Not sure if I will do business in the future with them.
Old 11-21-2013, 7:06 PM

After shopping at MTG Firearms and talking with Bob, I will never ever ever go back to Wild Bill's again. Bob will greet you as soon as you walk through the door, and if you frequent there often he will remember your name. Good selection, great prices, never gouged during the "Sandy Hook Panic", can give you a Calgunners discount on certain items and can find what you are looking for.
Old 11-22-2013, 12:22 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by camcojb View Post
Yep, Milt and the gang are great to me.
Ditto.

Shootin Shack is where I spend most of my money on new guns.
Old 11-22-2013, 5:35 PM

Shootin Shack Guns is THE shop to go to in Elk Grove. They always have new stuff in to look at. Yeah they are smaller but every time I go in they have more and more guns. They will do out of state transfers and don't make you feel like crap if you do a private party transfer. They definitely want your business and it shows.
Old 11-23-2013, 8:15 PM

I have been shopping at Wild Sports since I was a teen, back when they were across the street next to Boardwalk(used to be Cow Town). Tiny little store. At that time, their current location was an IGA Grocery store(Van's Market). Got my first gun just after they moved to the current location. Got a few others since.

Their service is not what it used to be. Seems most of the folks working there take a Grump pill when they come to work. They seem to freely wave weapons around too; I remember when they would check the action etc without the muzzle ever pointing towards someone. I was always taught every gun is loaded, and to treat it that way.

They used to have the best selection in the greater Sac area, which is why a lot of customers went there.

There is an old timer at the shotgun/reloading counter that is real nice, and helpful. He sold me the shotgun I got for my son; enjoyed going back and telling him about my sons first pheasant, and then first duck.

Lots of other folks I talk to have had same overall experience there the last few years...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierra11b View Post
It's true that area Gun Shops are notorious for customer service. Aside from Bills I've never had many great experiences at Wild Sports over the years but at least there's an older gentlemen there who's nice and willing to help IF he happens to be working.
Old 11-24-2013, 1:33 AM

Try AimUNation in West Sacto. Really nice group there. I've purchased from them and completed two other dros. Be sure and check out the Tactical Firearm Simulator.......as close to real as it gets.
Old 11-24-2013, 6:33 AM

Bill's is a joke. There are Way too many good places locally to do business with them. For Sacramento, River City Gun Exchange is the best. Elk Grove is MTG and CS Tactical.
Old 12-20-2013, 8:01 PM

There are TWO great gun stores in Elk Grove. Milt and the guys at Shooting Shack, and Robert and the guys at MTG Firearms. Excellent, friendly staff, with no attitudes.

Keep the good guys in business, and let the clowns go out of business like they deserve to.
Old 12-27-2013, 10:29 PM

I've had good experiences with River City. They are just always busy, so you just have to be patient.

I had a great experience with MTG. I think it was Robert that helped me, he was very patient and answered all of my questions. They didn't have the gun I was looking for in stock. I ended up buying a box of ammo and as I walked out, he thanked me for my business. I will definitely return.

I went to Wild Bill's today and was impressed by their inventory. It seems like they had everything, including the gun I was looking for. It was on sale at a good price. The customer service was just "ok". Nothing to write home about. I would go there again.

Now the Gun Room is a different story. I will NEVER set foot in that place again. I went there to quarterly qualify recently and was treated so badly that I vowed never to return. It was horrible. They are not the only range in the Sac area, even though they act like it.

The Gun Range in North Highlands is pretty good. Not a lot of selection, but their range is awesome. It seems to me that they go out of their way to be nice to their customers.

There are so many gun stores in the greater Sacramento area that we don't have to put up with disrespect.
Old 12-29-2013, 1:44 AM
Banned

Elk Grove has to be the king of gun stores in Sacramento. 3 stores now in the west Laguna area. Two on the south side and two in Sac north of the city line. It's nice to have choices.
Old 12-29-2013, 6:36 PM

MTG won my loyalty some time ago. I have purchased thousands of dollars worth of guns from WB's. But the attitudes and "I'm better then you" way they run that place made me look elsewhere! I am GLAD I found Bobby at MTG and will continue my purchases there as long as they are in business!
Old 12-31-2013, 3:58 PM

Guys - I have had bad experiences at almost all the places listed in this thread.

Except this one - Robby does transfers and he does an excellent job with customer service.
http://www.goldenstatetactical.com/H...ARM-s/1839.htm
Old 12-31-2013, 4:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by oops... View Post
MTG won my loyalty some time ago. I have purchased thousands of dollars worth of guns from WB's. But the attitudes and "I'm better then you" way they run that place made me look elsewhere! I am GLAD I found Bobby at MTG and will continue my purchases there as long as they are in business!
Bob and his crew get it and it's paying him back in dividends.
Old 12-31-2013, 8:04 PM

In the last two years I've done 6 handgun transfers at Wild Bills and two new gun purchases without a hitch, not to mention buying ammo there when getting ammo was tuff and never have had a problem. Both my son and son-in-law got their Handgun Safety Certificates there with no worries either. I'm looking at buying another Sig that they have in there right now but I'll have to break my New Years Resolution to do it. That is not to buy any more guns unless I REALLY need them! I'll probably start the paperwork on the pocket 9 next week! Maybe it is just me but I like Wild Bills?
Old 01-01-2014, 12:05 AM

I had just bought a new 270 from just guns. They have a online store/broker that you can order through. I live in elk grove and got the rifle for about 70$ cheaper than the 3 stores in my area. IMO great people over at just guns. The shootin shack was where I was gonna buy but the older guy ignored me then I asked to see a few rifles, its like I was wasting his time. That same day I purchased from just guns.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
Old 01-01-2014, 12:10 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

i drove out there to do a transfer for a sig 226 i sold to a fellow calgunner.

they took almost 2.5 hours to complete it...i went on my lunch break. haha, needless to say i wont be going there again.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:18 PM

Last time I went there was in 2012. My brother was looking for a ak. After waiting about 20 minutes, we were helped by the deaf sounding guy. He handed my brother a ak he wanted to see and once my brother started asking questions about the rifle he took it back and said he didn't have the time. My brother and I looked at each other like wtf. We waited another 10-15 and no one else helped us. Idk maybe we didn't look like we had money or maybe we were the wrong ethnicity, either way it's the last time I'll ever go there.
Old 01-09-2014, 9:27 PM

First time going back in store in over a year ago. NOW I remember why I will NEVER purchase from them again! With $1950 cash in my pocket, I asked about a les baer or ed brown. He replied and I quote, "do you know what a Les Baer is?" At first I was dumb founded like is he kidding... I then replied yes I do.. He then pulls out a Dan Wesson that was $400 over priced saying you don't need a les baer, and we sold our last three but trust me you won't be able to tell the difference.
Must say Great sales skills!!! I guess Off to Cordova shooting center this weekend to purchase a Thunder Ranch.
Old 01-15-2014, 2:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIGUEL RUVALCABA View Post
First time going back in store in over a year ago. NOW I remember why I will NEVER purchase from them again! With $1950 cash in my pocket, I asked about a les baer or ed brown. He replied and I quote, "do you know what a Les Baer is?" At first I was dumb founded like is he kidding... I then replied yes I do.. He then pulls out a Dan Wesson that was $400 over priced saying you don't need a les baer, and we sold our last three but trust me you won't be able to tell the difference.
Must say Great sales skills!!! I guess Off to Cordova shooting center this weekend to purchase a Thunder Ranch.
Get a hold of MTG.... They will never treat you like that.... Might be busy and have to wait a few, but you will see the difference in customer service! MTG actually HAS customer service people and professional attitudes!
Old 02-10-2014, 4:19 AM

I do business there. They have a lot of part-time employees who are Military, LEO's and gun enthusiasts. I've learned a lot from them and I have had many good experiences there. Since, I travel on Grant Line often, I will stop in; but when it is crowded, I leave. Yes, I have received some attitude from time to time, but it has been the exception. They have a big inventory, knowledgeable staff and I have found some good buys. I have found guns that I couldn't find elsewhere. Check out their used holster selection.
Old 02-19-2014, 10:21 AM

I purchased a few handguns from them in the past. I went to Wild Bills this month on a Wednesday and I have to say their customer service has improved for the better. Everyone was very helpful and especially Mark went out of his way to assist me several questions regarding a Sig purchase. I recommend giving them another try.
Old 02-21-2014, 10:44 PM

I've been here when they were busy and all the sales people were helping customers. This time I waited 15 minutes and was ready to leave as Stacy caught my eye and said he'd be right with me. Sure enough he helped me with an SSE I wanted to do. I picked it up earlier this week after the requisite 10 days and couldn't be happier. They were great to deal with this time. It might be worth giving them another chance. I've never seen such a huge selection of rifles and handguns.
Old 02-26-2014, 12:45 AM

I went to Wild Bills a couple weeks back, during the week. There was one customer that was being waited on by a male and a 40-ish blonde woman. There were a couple other employees doing other stuff behind the counter (one was on the phone) so I looked at the handguns in their gun cases, to see what they had, prices, etc.

No one greeted me or asked if I needed anything. The blonde gal looked right at me as I looked at the guns in the cases and never said a thing to me.

Wild Bills will never get any of my money.

Semper Fi!

Old 03-04-2014, 5:16 PM
His Glorious Reappearing
CGN Contributor

Just Guns, TDS, River Exchange, Wild Sports were all nice to me. I now go to Tracy Rifle and Pistol for my all of my SSE and I'm yet to encounter a rude employee there. Very happy how they handle each transaction.

As to Wild Bills... No longer want to spent any single penny there.
Heb 9:27 "And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgement."

1Co 1: 18 "For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God."

Consider your final destiny, there is no second chance there.
Old 03-08-2014, 7:38 PM
Commander Dilligaf
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by oops... View Post
Get a hold of MTG.... They will never treat you like that.... Might be busy and have to wait a few, but you will see the difference in customer service! MTG actually HAS customer service people and professional attitudes!
I second this. MTG took care of me and were polite, good price, and good guys. Get treated correctly as a customer and support a great shop. I'd buy from them again in a heartbeat.

"Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel is just a freight train coming your way" - Metallica
Old 03-09-2014, 8:04 PM

Somebody mentioned Turlock down in Stanislaus Cnty. Well in Oakdale there is a very friendly shop called Fred's Firearms at 132 Yosemite. Small shop, so you have to live close to make a trip worthwhile.
Old 03-11-2014, 6:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darto View Post
Somebody mentioned Turlock down in Stanislaus Cnty. Well in Oakdale there is a very friendly shop called Fred's Firearms at 132 Yosemite. Small shop, so you have to live close to make a trip worthwhile.

Lol I went by there once. This guy had the audacity to take a cmmg ar lower that had a tag marked 365$ and when the big scare of banning started he blacked out the sticker and wrote $999. I had to ask if that was real or a joke. He said supply and demand. That's just called let's make a huge profit off stupid. Needless to say I walked out of the store. I'm not helping support some guy who is in the business to take advantage of people's ignorance.
Old 03-21-2014, 9:27 AM

Go to MTG - Bob has the best overall prices and customer service. Before MTG came around, I used travel all the way to SBR in Rocklin.

3 Guns in 3 months from Wildbills and a bad experience each time. Never going back..
Old 03-29-2014, 10:45 PM

I wrote and deleted 7 paragraphs bagging on Brandon and his worthless staff..... Bottom line is that if you want to be treated fairly and live in Elk Grove go see Bob at MTG FIREARMS located at Bruceville/Laguna. Bob worked at Wild Bills and did the right thing----he quit and opened up a quality shop in Elk Grove!!!
Old 04-20-2014, 1:18 AM

If you need a FFL for a transfer, check with Robby Betts at Golden State Tactical. Good Guy, straight forward on the details.
Old 04-21-2014, 11:30 PM

MTG and Bob and staff are good people. Was in there today in fact and they will be getting my business.
But..........
I've made multiple purchases and so has my Son at Wild Bills (My kid is known by name in there. He buys a firearm a month. Must be nice to still live at home rent free.) Anyway I've never had anything but positive experiences at Bills. His prices can be a little high at times but they will deal.

I've purchased firearms over the years at just about every store in the greater Sacramento area and really the only place I will NEVER set foot in again is the gun room in Elk Grove.

But I also don't take any or allow any crap as a customer. If someone is rude, I'm rude right back and that usually calms everything down in a hurry. Just saying.
Old 04-25-2014, 7:47 PM
Banned

Gun room. Holy crap. Talk about inflated prices...wow!!!!
Old 04-25-2014, 8:57 PM

bob milks me like a cow i cant remember how many i have purchased at mtg, drop by enough and you can see some pretty rare guns from time to time as well.
Old 04-26-2014, 11:20 AM

Wow. Just saw this thread. Glad I'm not the only one treated like ***** and/or ignored completely in this place. I will never set foot in there.
I've bought guns at Gun Room and Shootin' Shack but not MTG. Nice to hear good stuff. I will stop by Monday and check them out.

... who would deprive men of the use of fire for fear of their being burnt, and of water for fear of their being drowned....The laws of this nature are those which forbid to wear arms, disarming those only who are not disposed to commit the crime which the laws mean to prevent.
- Cesare Beccaria
Old 05-10-2014, 9:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNE228 View Post
I have been shopping at Wild Sports since I was a teen, back when they were across the street next to Boardwalk(used to be Cow Town). Tiny little store. At that time, their current location was an IGA Grocery store(Van's Market). Got my first gun just after they moved to the current location. Got a few others since.

Their service is not what it used to be. Seems most of the folks working there take a Grump pill when they come to work. They seem to freely wave weapons around too; I remember when they would check the action etc without the muzzle ever pointing towards someone. I was always taught every gun is loaded, and to treat it that way.

They used to have the best selection in the greater Sac area, which is why a lot of customers went there.

There is an old timer at the shotgun/reloading counter that is real nice, and helpful. He sold me the shotgun I got for my son; enjoyed going back and telling him about my sons first pheasant, and then first duck.

Lots of other folks I talk to have had same overall experience there the last few years...
I used to shop at Wild Sports all the time.
I recently went back in the hopes of finding powder (no joy).
The guy at the back counter had that "If you don't know exactly what you are looking for, you are wasting my oh-so-valuable time." attitude (no one else was waiting to be helped).

So I'm a nube reloader.
He could have at least told me he had no pistol powder.

The most effective and pervasive enemy of American freedoms today is the Legacy Media. Defeat them first.
Old 05-11-2014, 10:40 AM

+1 for MTG in Elk Grove. Bob has gone out of his way to find me things that are hard to get or special order.
And so what do you count ?

Everyone's an expert on the Internet but I'm thinking you are a poser.
Old 05-21-2014, 9:01 PM

Another +1 for MTG and a -1 for Wild Bills. I didn't feel to welcome in there.