Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > OUTDOORS, HUNTING AND SURVIVAL > Camping, Hiking and Outdoor Activities
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Camping, Hiking and Outdoor Activities Camping, hiking, and other outdoor activities within.

Old 12-14-2013, 4:42 PM

Default BACKPACKS TO THE READY

Hi All,

Dug out most of the internal packs to pre-check before we head out starting this February. Someone posted up a while back wanting to see some backpacks. Here's some of mine. Northface Renegade (Dana Designs Terraplane copy), Kelty Coyote 4750, Jansport Redline 45, Mt. Hardware Excodus (X2 one's hiding), Gregeory (another Terraplane style), Osprey Aether 70, stack of day packs, Jansport Sortie 38 (X2), Mountain Smith Crosscountry II, Northface Terra 50. Also have half a dozen Camelbacs in various sizes.

The external frames, crappy old pics, I've added a couple different Jansports since. I also have enough tents to shealter 32 bodies (1s, 2s, 3s, 5, and 8), mess kits for each pack, 4 Coleman 2 burners, a 3 buner and oven, 6 single stoves (MSRs, Coleman Apexs, others).

Most all bought second hand, some were never used or only used once. I pick up all the decent gear I come across. Since '04 I've put about 23 rookies on the trail. PAX

"A free people should be armed and disciplined" (George Washington),

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798

It a NOT a felony to steal a gun, but it IS a felony not to register a gun you already legally own
Old 12-14-2013, 5:12 PM

When you say you've put 23 rookies on the trail, do you mean novice backpackers you mentored? I wanna come with, however my gear is but a fraction of what you have. Lol!

Last edited by dmendoza1779; 12-14-2013 at 5:30 PM..
Old 12-14-2013, 6:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmendoza1779 View Post
When you say you've put 23 rookies on the trail, do you mean novice backpackers you mentored? I wanna come with, however my gear is but a fraction of what you have. Lol!
Well you can only carry 1 pack at a time. Good shoes, pad, sleeping bag, filtration is essential. Within the last 10 years, my youngest son (now going on 28), has rekindled the bug. I've packed since '59. I/we haven't had much off time other than the normal holidays, so most of the trips I go on, are only about 10 miles one way, and if I don't have to go up more than 1200' in one shot. But we do manage to get some short off trail excurssions. The great thing, is that the crew that started back in '04, can now guide and/or get in at night, to our favorite spots. It's 2+ hrs. to most trail heads for us. The first rig may depart Friday after work, and the rest trickle in throughout the night and next morning. We don't go ultra lite per say on the week end jaunts, as we bring comfort, libations, and meat. One thing I do, is to try and have at least 1 gourmetish supprise group feed. Its' a blast. I'm the oldest and the fattest. My motto is "If I can make it, anybody can". We're echo1. PAX

"A free people should be armed and disciplined" (George Washington),

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798

It a NOT a felony to steal a gun, but it IS a felony not to register a gun you already legally own