Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > San Bernardino Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2013, 8:05 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Licht View Post
I'll be there! What is the planned course of fire for the quals?

Although after my last attempt at a 30yd pistol target I'm going to need help for any marksman qualification. On a good day 30 years ago I could make BE all day. Now I'm consistently 3-4" left at that distance... Glock 17, and I've shot them for over 20 years. Is anyone taking a Glock rear sight adjustment tool I could borrow?

Getting old sucks! Luckily I'm still good with a rifle irons or scoped. But I don't think I want to pay $30 for 20 rds of frangible just to take my EBR to this shoot.
Not exactly sure what you are asking.
The Qual is done at your own pace by yourself or partner up in this case (since we have a lot of people coming).
You can choose to do it or just enjoy your time and plink and do whatever you want to do.

For the Qual you have to successfully complete each rank before you can move onto the next. All the courses of fire are listed in the other thread.
I'm sure that a lot of new people will be working on the first 2 with the plates as targets. While some of us will be moving on to the AP-1 Targets.

Again you have to stick with the same caliber and action type as you go thru the ranks of the Quals. It takes like 572 rounds of ammo to complete it all I am told. I would suggest to anyone thinking of doing it to do 22LR.

The plates are at 15 feet and the AP-1 at 30 feet.
You mentioned 30 yards which is considerable farther then you have to shoot these.

Around 8pm after everyone has paid there will be a small meeting before we go in to the range. At the end of that meeting I will release people to go into the range, but I will ask that everyone doing the quals to stay behind and ask questions / buy targets.

Everyone that is doing the qual should download and read this:
http://training.nra.org/documents/pd...p/qualbook.pdf (Basic Pistol starts on page 4)
I will have print outs of the Basic Pistol page on hand.
Some of the NRA's wording is a bit hard to understand so make sure you ask questions so you are doing it correctly.
The above is not legal advice. It is just something you read from some dude on the internet. It does not reflect the opinion of Calguns.net. If it seems rude it was probably meant to read sarcastically.

Marlin 795 MEGATHREAD Part Deuce
Featureless Rifle Build Guide - Now over 100 Muzzle Devices!

Last edited by Chaos47; 11-27-2013 at 9:13 PM..
Old 11-27-2013, 8:27 PM

Please count me in for this with a +1. And a maybe additional +1.

NRA LIFE MEMBER, Oath Keepers Associate Member
Old 11-28-2013, 1:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearKrew View Post
Sharing a Lane is no problem...I would expect nothing less... Thank you for letting us bring guests.
Same here, wife & friends have been to RMR before & know the rules. Always a pleasure with like minded folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...postcount=1224

"The sole basis of education is to turn mirrors into windows" - Sydney J. Harris

"Life is a disease: s€xually transmitted, and invariably fatal." -Neil Gaiman

SWAG - "Scientific Wild *** Guess"
Old 11-28-2013, 7:11 PM

Missed a couple meets but I'll make it this month. Now to find some 30 carbine ammo for my amt (only handgun at the moment)
Old 11-28-2013, 10:47 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespy View Post
Missed a couple meets but I'll make it this month. Now to find some 30 carbine ammo for my amt (only handgun at the moment)
Ok adding you to the list.
I have no idea if they will let you shoot .30 carbine.. even if it is out of a pistol.
I would give them a call if I was you. Unless that is they have let you in the past. Goodluck finding ammo.
The above is not legal advice. It is just something you read from some dude on the internet. It does not reflect the opinion of Calguns.net. If it seems rude it was probably meant to read sarcastically.

Old 11-28-2013, 10:50 PM
Calguns Addict

OK Everyone:
If you are on the roster and can not make it please tell me ASAP.

I hate to do this but I am going to close the roster for now since we are pretty much what I would call full.
I will take names for a waiting list.

Update: We have had some people tell me they can not make it so the roster is now back open.

Last edited by Chaos47; 12-02-2013 at 10:38 PM..
Old 12-02-2013, 9:13 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I need to pull out, I was looking forward to coming out but I had something come up.. I guess I will see you all next year...
Old 12-02-2013, 10:34 PM

Looks like we will have nice numbers. Fun!
Old 12-03-2013, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas83 View Post
Unless my work schedule changes...I'm in, plus at least one for now.
I'm definitely +1, maybe a total of 4 shooters including myself, we don't mind sharing one lane, just there to browse, relax, and enjoy a few hours with good people and get googly eyed over all the different guns. Plus a little low on ammo. Might buy more JIC before the meet.

"The sole basis of education is to turn mirrors into windows" - Sydney J. Harris

Old 12-03-2013, 5:37 PM

@Chaos47 Please take me off the list. A family appointment came up. See you on the next one.
Old 12-04-2013, 6:46 AM

I can't make it, my work schedule got juggled around. Take me off the list and I'll see you guys at the next meet.
Old 12-04-2013, 6:59 AM

Update it will be just me and +1. A friend of mine went shooting at this place and was told that he could not keep his expelled brass. Will there be a rule not allowing us to take home the brass we bring?

NRA LIFE MEMBER, Oath Keepers Associate Member

Last edited by J.O.; 12-04-2013 at 7:14 AM..
Old 12-04-2013, 9:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.O. View Post
Update it will be just me and +1. A friend of mine went shooting at this place and was told that he could not keep his expelled brass. Will there be a rule not allowing us to take home the brass we bring?
I've never heard that, we always take our own brass. Hope they didn't change it because that's lame. What's mine is mine.
Old 12-04-2013, 11:54 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by punknil View Post
I can't make it, my work schedule got juggled around. Take me off the list and I'll see you guys at the next meet.
Ok thanks for the update. See you next month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.O. View Post
Thanks for the update.
I have never heard that there, at the last couple shoots I have seen many people take their brass. They are pretty lax with our group and let us have more freedom then when its open to the public it seems. BUT I think if the brass goes forward of the bench do not attempt to get it.

Old 12-05-2013, 12:43 AM

Never had any issues picking up my own brass. I always ask if it's ok because I reload and they have never said no.

Old 12-05-2013, 9:29 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Location: Somewhere in the Inland Empire between the mountains, the desert, and the beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos47 View Post
Not exactly sure what you are asking.
The Qual is done at your own pace by yourself or partner up in this case (since we have a lot of people coming).
You can choose to do it or just enjoy your time and plink and do whatever you want to do.

For the Qual you have to successfully complete each rank before you can move onto the next. All the courses of fire are listed in the other thread.
I'm sure that a lot of new people will be working on the first 2 with the plates as targets. While some of us will be moving on to the AP-1 Targets.

Again you have to stick with the same caliber and action type as you go thru the ranks of the Quals. It takes like 572 rounds of ammo to complete it all I am told. I would suggest to anyone thinking of doing it to do 22LR.

The plates are at 15 feet and the AP-1 at 30 feet.
You mentioned 30 yards which is considerable farther then you have to shoot these.

Around 8pm after everyone has paid there will be a small meeting before we go in to the range. At the end of that meeting I will release people to go into the range, but I will ask that everyone doing the quals to stay behind and ask questions / buy targets.

Everyone that is doing the qual should download and read this:
http://training.nra.org/documents/pd...p/qualbook.pdf (Basic Pistol starts on page 4)
I will have print outs of the Basic Pistol page on hand.
Some of the NRA's wording is a bit hard to understand so make sure you ask questions so you are doing it correctly.
OK I looked at the other thread, and read up on the qualifications and courses of fire.

I just wanted to get clarification on one thing... Since they are both done using 9" plates @ 15 feet; I cannot try to jump straight to Marksman's 6" group with the plates? I must first qualify at the Pro-Marksman with 8" groups on 9" plates?
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one.
--Thomas Jefferson
Quote:
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies. --Groucho Marx
Old 12-05-2013, 9:57 PM
Calguns Addict

While I agree the first two steps are similar. You have to successfully complete every stage in order.
When you apply to the NRA for the Distinguished Expert you have to testify that you shot every stage and purchased all the awards to receive official recognition and the DE award pack gratis.

Last edited by Chaos47; 12-05-2013 at 10:02 PM..
Old 12-05-2013, 11:58 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Location: Somewhere in the Inland Empire between the mountains, the desert, and the beach

OK, Thanks!

I was going to try and arrive there early, so I'll just get the 8" group on 9" plate benchrest stuff out of the way as a warm-up. LOL! That should be pretty easy at 15 feet!

See you tomorrow!
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one.
--Thomas Jefferson
Quote:
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies. --Groucho Marx
Old 12-06-2013, 12:09 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
OK, Thanks!

I was going to try and arrive there early, so I'll just get the 8" group on 9" plate benchrest stuff out of the way as a warm-up. LOL! That should be pretty easy at 15 feet!

See you tomorrow!
No problem,
The way the program is worded is kind of confusing.
I am working on going thru and making it more user friendly. As I don't want anyone to have to reshoot any stages because of a mistake. This goes for everyone if you have a question about how to do a stage please ask.

If you go into the range early it might cost extra.
Just so you know I try to get there a bit early and set up stuff in their classroom. We have pizza and get to know each other at apx 7:30 on then have our meeting at 8 when they are kicking people out. Make sure to come out and get some pizza and attending the meeting before the shoot.

Most of us had enough time to do the first two ranks during the shoot last month. But we devoted almost all our time to it.

Old 12-06-2013, 5:12 AM

Won't be able to make it, see you guys next year.
Old 12-06-2013, 8:16 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Default Printable Practice Targets

Hi y'all!

I found these free printable practice targets if you want to use them for practicing those pesky weak hand shots!

Target_9inch_Disk_050_Margin.pdf

Target_9inch_Disk_150_Margin.pdf

Target_AP2_B&W_Practice.pdf

Target_AP2_Color_Practice.pdf

FYI - Turn off printer scaling (set to "None") in printer dialogue box. Otherwise your targets will be off from the proper size!
Enjoy!
--Thomas Jefferson
Quote:

Last edited by Darryl Licht; 12-06-2013 at 8:26 AM..
Old 12-06-2013, 11:46 AM

Looks like it's just gonna be me +1 (instead of 3).
Old 12-06-2013, 5:09 PM

Just heard my +3 changed to just a +1. My in laws are expecting snow tonight and wont be able to make it.
Old 12-06-2013, 5:39 PM
Calguns Addict

ok thanks for update.
sitting in costco waiting for pizza

Old 12-06-2013, 10:12 PM

My wife an I had an awesome time tonight! Thanks again to Steph and bf (sorry, forgot his screen name), Chaos47 and pastureofmuppets for all your help! Everyone was awesome. Was an absolute pleasure to have met everyone. Can't wait for the next meet!
Old 12-06-2013, 11:01 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

To anyone who has been "thinking" about attending this monthly shoot... don't think, ACT!

I went to this shoot for the first time tonight, and as with every encounter I've had with other CGN'ers I met some great people with like minds! This was an organized, well run, and safe shoot! The addition of the Winchester/NRA Qualification led to a great turnout. Also, I believe I counted 4-6 female shooters tonight... and our sport needs more women!

Thanks go out to Chaos47, Dirte, PastureofMuppets, FearKrew, and everyone else whose name I've already forgotten! I had a blast, got my first qual out of the way, and I still cant believe I got 3rd place in the friendly shoot at the end!

My biggest regret is I wont be able to join you all next month as I'll be out of state on business.
--Thomas Jefferson
Quote:

Last edited by Darryl Licht; 12-06-2013 at 11:15 PM..
Old 12-06-2013, 11:01 PM
CGSSA Leader

Default Monthly Shoot: Friday, December 6th at Rancho Magnum Range @ 7:30 PM - 10:00 PM

I too cannot wait. Thank you to all of the organizers!!!! You are all awesome, and that was really fun!

I met some really great people. I would recommend this to anyone that enjoys shooting in the IE and SoCal

Last edited by FearKrew; 12-06-2013 at 11:04 PM..
Old 12-06-2013, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirte View Post
cz75 p-07 duty 9mm
Hey I like that CZ! PM me when you can with info for the Ontario gun show, I live down the street & should be able to make a day out of it if not a good few hours.

Old 12-07-2013, 12:07 AM
Calguns Addict

After Action Report:
Another IE shoot in the books!
Good food and company.
Fun was had by all!
Everyone was safe.
We had four more people start the NRA Winchester Qualification. Half of those got thru two stages. And two of us that started last month completed Marksman First Class.

We had fun with the competition shooting "ornaments" on a Christmas tree paper target.
Congrats to:
First Place: FearKrew
Second Place: Glock@45
Third Place: Darryl Licht

Thanks to everyone that came out tonight!

Photos will be up tomorrow or the day after that

Last edited by Chaos47; 12-29-2013 at 4:48 AM..
Old 12-07-2013, 3:46 AM

Good people and shooting - it was a fun evening, with a great turnout. Safety awareness was also fantastic. Could not ask for more!

I am horribly competitive, got soundly beat in the competition and still enjoyed myself…

Looking forward to the next one!
Old 12-07-2013, 7:32 AM
CGSSA Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas83 View Post
Hey I like that CZ! PM me when you can with info for the Ontario gun show, I live down the street & should be able to make a day out of it if not a good few hours.

I agree that CZ has one of the nicest triggers I have ever fired... And I too would like to help at the Ontario booth.
Old 12-07-2013, 5:23 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

We had a blast last night, thank you Chaos47, Dirte and Pastureofmuppets for hosting this event. Will make this a monthly event for myself. When will the pictures be up and where?
Old 12-07-2013, 6:25 PM

I'm sorry I can't remember the the name of the guy having trouble in the competition with the Rock Island gun… out of curiosity, did you figure out what was going on with it?
Old 12-07-2013, 7:03 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glocked@45 View Post
We had a blast last night, thank you Chaos47, Dirte and Pastureofmuppets for hosting this event. Will make this a monthly event for myself. When will the pictures be up and where?
Glad you had fun.
Photos will be up in a couple days here in this thread.
Sorry been with family today so I couldnt get them edited yet.

Old 12-07-2013, 9:27 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos47 View Post
Glad you had fun.
Photos will be up in a couple days here in this thread.
Sorry been with family today so I couldnt get them edited yet.
Enjoy your family, look forward to the pictures. Thank you again.
Old 12-09-2013, 2:26 PM

Thanks for the compliments everyone. Justin and Dianna really deserve all the credit though. It was definitely a great time for everyone, myself included. Even my wife said she really enjoyed herself, and as you could probably tell by her marksmanship, she's not into shooting very much.... yet Hope to see you all again at the next one, because I must admit that my favorite part of the event is geeking out on everybody else's firearms.

Check the link below in my signature line for those asking about the gun show.

What is the NRA doing for YOU in YOUR local area? Click to find out.

"Be strong and let us fight bravely for our people and the cities of our God. The Lord will do what is good in his sight" -2nd Samuel 10:12

Stop worrying about the zombie apocalypse, it ain't gonna happen. The moron apocalypse has already begun though.
Old 12-09-2013, 2:40 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I've been trying to get my better half to go shoot forever... She has zero desire to. Although she wants a gun for protection, just in case! Ironic... isn't it? I keep telling her I will not buy her a gun until she goes shooting first.

I think the fact that there were 3-4 women there shooting was great! Let them talk, let them exchange numbers, then they will want to come every month to socialize with their new friends! There are clearly not enough women in the shooting sports. Very seldom that you can introduce two stranger (women) and they like each other! LOL! Enjoy that gentlemen!
--Thomas Jefferson
Quote:
Old 12-09-2013, 4:57 PM

Quote:
I've been trying to get my better half to go shoot forever... She has zero desire to. Although she wants a gun for protection, just in case! Ironic... isn't it? I keep telling her I will not buy her a gun until she goes shooting first.

I think the fact that there were 3-4 women there shooting was great! Let them talk, let them exchange numbers, then they will want to come every month to socialize with their new friends! There are clearly not enough women in the shooting sports. Very seldom that you can introduce two stranger (women) and they like each other! LOL! Enjoy that gentlemen!
Well mine asked me to take her to the range later this week so she can practice for the competition at the next monthly mtg. I love it when a plan comes together.

So maybe there is still hope for you, if you can get her to come to mtg....

What is the NRA doing for YOU in YOUR local area? Click to find out.

"Be strong and let us fight bravely for our people and the cities of our God. The Lord will do what is good in his sight" -2nd Samuel 10:12

Stop worrying about the zombie apocalypse, it ain't gonna happen. The moron apocalypse has already begun though.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:52 PM

Quote:

Same with my other half, until I bought her something she would feel comfortable shooting. That's the key, as long as I can keep finding more guns my wife would feel comfortable shooting, the more I can buy "for her" of course LOL !!

Seriously my wife hated the idea that I bought her a gun for her birthday last year & now she asks me to take her to the range and doesn't like me shooting it. Strangely I still have the chore of cleaning everything, but that's ok with me.

Old 12-10-2013, 1:57 AM
Calguns Addict

Photos of the December 6th 2013 IE Monthly Shoot

Last edited by Chaos47; 12-10-2013 at 2:00 AM..