Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > San Bernardino Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-2013, 12:04 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Location: Somewhere in the Inland Empire between the mountains, the desert, and the beach
Default AR friendly indoor ranges in IE?

It's raining and the forecast is for rain through Saturday!

My AR build is complete and I want to test fire and have a little fun with her.

Are there any local IE ranges that allow AR's? I heard Magnum does, but they force you to buy & use their overpriced ammo. I really don't want to buy ammo to shoot when I have plenty already.

Any other local ranges (within 30 minutes drive) that will allow AR's?
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one.
--Thomas Jefferson
Quote:
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies. --Groucho Marx
Old 11-22-2013, 12:35 AM
Calguns Addict

Magnum Rancho has told me that they will allow you to bring your own .223/5.56 ammo if its frangible. I don't know if that was just an allowance for the Monthly Shoot or if its always. Otherwise yes you would have to buy frangible from them if you do not have any.

Sounds like if you want to shoot indoors this weekend you have to play by their rules..
The above is not legal advice. It is just something you read from some dude on the internet. It does not reflect the opinion of Calguns.net. If it seems rude it was probably meant to read sarcastically.

Marlin 795 MEGATHREAD Part Deuce
Featureless Rifle Build Guide - Now over 100 Muzzle Devices!
Old 11-22-2013, 12:39 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Location: Somewhere in the Inland Empire between the mountains, the desert, and the beach

Thanks Chaos47!

I have no problem playing by their rules... But I do have a problem paying 3x retail for ammo!
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one.
--Thomas Jefferson
Quote:
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies. --Groucho Marx
Old 11-22-2013, 12:43 AM
Calguns Addict

No problem.
I don't know what the Riverside Magnum does, never been there.

The people at Rancho are really cool.
Unfortunately I do not know how much their frangible runs. I've never even priced frangible anywhere but I would bet its double the price of fmj just to start.

If you do decide to get frangible elsewhere and go I would give them a call first and make sure that they do let you bring in your own frangible. Like I said that might have just been for the Monthly Shoots because they try to work with us. So a confirmation would be good.
The above is not legal advice. It is just something you read from some dude on the internet. It does not reflect the opinion of Calguns.net. If it seems rude it was probably meant to read sarcastically.

Marlin 795 MEGATHREAD Part Deuce
Featureless Rifle Build Guide - Now over 100 Muzzle Devices!
Old 11-22-2013, 5:35 AM

May be a bit out of your way, but beaumont indoor shooting range in beaumont lets you shoot up to .308. No frangible ammo required.
Old 11-22-2013, 7:10 AM

I may be wrong on this, but I think Magnum rancho requires that you are a member to use the AR
Old 11-22-2013, 7:12 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarrocolin View Post
May be a bit out of your way, but beaumont indoor shooting range in beaumont lets you shoot up to .308. No frangible ammo required.
Beaumont is fine! I'll give them a call!

THANKS!!!
--Thomas Jefferson
Quote:
Old 11-22-2013, 6:55 PM

Rancho Magnum WILL NOT let you shoot any AR there on the weekend, regardless of the ammo. I have a membership there and have shot my rifle there before, but just recently went on a Friday night with the rifle, and some very excited first time shooters, and got flat denied on the rifle. I was told that the rifles are too loud for the large crowd they usually have on the weekend. This is their policy and there are no exceptions. I suppose they don't apply that rule to our Calguns shoots because its after hours and the range is closed to everyone but us.

During the week, you do not need a membership to shoot your own rifle. The membership requirement is only necessary to rent their rifles.

What is the NRA doing for YOU in YOUR local area? Click to find out.

"Be strong and let us fight bravely for our people and the cities of our God. The Lord will do what is good in his sight" -2nd Samuel 10:12

Stop worrying about the zombie apocalypse, it ain't gonna happen. The moron apocalypse has already begun though.
Old 11-22-2013, 7:59 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I ended up going to Beaumont Range around 11am... thanks for the suggestion bizarrocolin!

The owner Casey was a very nice guy... I had forgot my 25yd AR zero target and he printed me a few out. I will be going there again, although I prefer shooting outside.

I had the dedicated rifle side all to myself and got the rifle zeroed at 25 yards.
--Thomas Jefferson
Quote:
Old 11-23-2013, 8:55 AM

No prob. Happy it worked out for you.
Old 12-06-2013, 10:59 AM
Veteran Member

rahauges
Old 12-06-2013, 12:31 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellayella View Post
rahauges
I wasn't aware they have an indoor range???

--Thomas Jefferson
Quote: