Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Jobs Wanted Jobs Offered
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Jobs Wanted Jobs Offered Need a job, need a job filled? Help out a fellow Calgunner!

Old 11-20-2013, 4:46 PM

Default Looking for good GM mechanic Sacramento

I've got a 2003 Pontiac Aztek that's been giving me a few problems which I believe mostly have to do with the notorious GM C305 connector but I'm not expert enough to be sure. Hate paying dealer prices if I can avoid it.

Does anybody know of/can recommend a good GM mechanic in the Sacramento area? I'm out east in Gold River so Folsom, Rancho Cordova, El Dorado Hills, Citrus Heights, Orangevale, etc would be preferable. Would go as far as Rocklin and Roseville for the right person.

Thanks.
Old 11-21-2013, 9:37 PM

I'm not close to you at all, but what's going on with it? Trouble codes and or symptoms. I'm a GM dealer tech in SoCal.
Cody
Old 11-22-2013, 9:44 PM

I've had several problems with it, the primary issue is it constantly telling me that my AWD and ABS systems are disabled via the indicator lights on the dash. I have not actually tested to see if they are off on the open road, but my brakes do seem to be noisy, however I don't know if that is just the pads getting old or correlated with the indicators.

I did my homework online and found a lot of info showing that there could be wiring problems through the somewhat infamous GM C305 connector so I opened it up to have a look and it was literally sitting in a pool of water with corrosion all over the place. I ended up completely removing it and connecting the wires directly, but that didn't seem to solve my problem. Other research suggested that it could be the rear wheel speed sensor wiring but I am far too amateur to know where to begin attacking that problem.

More minor things include the clock constantly resetting itself and at the same time the compass needing to be re-calibrated. My guess is wiring but beyond that I have no idea.

Any wisdom you have would be greatly appreciated. I'm fairly new to playing auto mechanic so I'm trying to learn as I go, but obviously most things are beyond my capabilities. Doing my best to save a buck where I can. Thanks!
Old 11-29-2013, 7:48 AM

Your best bet is to go pay for a diagnostic and then do the work yourself.

I know an honest and good mechanic in citrus heights that can diagnose it for you. He is the bees knees when it comes to cars.

He had a race team and a bunch of race cars he worked on for others. He builds customs and was a senior mechanic for Dealerships.

His name is Gardiner and his number (916)722-4022. Tell him Tom with the 69 el camino sent you.
Old 11-29-2013, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Dmedic View Post
Your best bet is to go pay for a diagnostic and then do the work yourself.

I know an honest and good mechanic in citrus heights that can diagnose it for you. He is the bees knees when it comes to cars.

He had a race team and a bunch of race cars he worked on for others. He builds customs and was a senior mechanic for Dealerships.

His name is Gardiner and his number (916)722-4022. Tell him Tom with the 69 el camino sent you.
Thanks for the tip, I'll try and get in touch with him in the next week.