Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > O.C. Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2013, 3:02 PM

Default Anyone know where I can get my 80 % lower milled?

Anywhere in the Southern California area?
I have a few I need done.
Old 10-24-2013, 8:07 AM
1911 & AR-15 fan
CGN Contributor

Gabe at Arms Speciality and Tool in Anaheim
714-414-6047
Old 10-24-2013, 1:30 PM

Who just got a ATF cease and desist letter and is in a holding pattern.
Here's hoping they'll get it sorted out soon.
Old 10-24-2013, 4:09 PM

^^ so their not doing business right now or are they?
Old 10-24-2013, 4:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvarezbar1 View Post
^^ so their not doing business right now or are they?
NEGATIVE
Old 10-25-2013, 5:49 AM
Corn-fed and Iowa-bred
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Anyone know where I can get my 80 % lower milled?
You're going to have a tough time finding a cnc machine for a while. BATFE has been busy shutting everyone down over the last week or two.

One of the factors that led to this problem is evident in the thread title. Remember that federal law generally allows YOU to manufacture firearms for YOUR own personal use. Third parties cannot manufacture firearms for others without a manufacturer's license, and if they are licensed, they cannot be manufacturing unserialized firearms.

So when you say, "where I can get my 80 % lower milled", you are in effect seeking someone to manufacture it for you. That is not legal. You need to mill them yourself, not have someone do it for you.

DISCLAIMER: The information contained herein is general in nature, which may not apply to particular factual or legal circumstances, and is intended for informational purposes only. Consistent with Calguns policy, the information does not constitute legal advice or opinions and should not be relied upon as such. Transmission of the information is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. Readers should not act upon any information in my posts without seeking professional counsel.
Old 10-25-2013, 3:42 PM

Very true, Thanks for the info brother ^
Old 11-19-2013, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Anywhere in the Southern California area?
I have a few I need done.
You'll need a jig (I'd buy an adjustable).

You can probably borrow a friend's drill press but do the work yourself.
If you go to a commercial shop, make sure you do the actual milling, but they'll probably want to watch/advise while you do it. Expect them to charge the same as if they did the work.

Read up on the regs.

If you're going to have any engraving done, do it before you mill/complete your lowers.

Also don't forget the cost of anodizing.

From The Codex Kalachnikova: "He who would have you surrender your arms does so because he wishes to do something you could prevent by their usage."

Why is the idea of an unarmed elementary school principal lunging at an armed shooter and dying in the process heroic... but the idea of that same principal armed and stopping the armed shooter with her own gun... crazy? –from screen name “Voiceofreason”
Old 11-20-2013, 5:58 AM
Corn-fed and Iowa-bred
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NulodPBall View Post
If you go to a commercial shop, make sure you do the actual milling, but they'll probably want to watch/advise while you do it. Expect them to charge the same as if they did the work.
This is precisely the issue that the ATF has been focusing on. According to them, any commercial shop that merely rents the machine is not ok. The focus is in large part due to your suggestion that they'll still "charge the same" and "watch/advise". In other words, you need to do the work yourself (not pay someone to do it for you) on property that you own/control.

DISCLAIMER: The information contained herein is general in nature, which may not apply to particular factual or legal circumstances, and is intended for informational purposes only. Consistent with Calguns policy, the information does not constitute legal advice or opinions and should not be relied upon as such. Transmission of the information is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. Readers should not act upon any information in my posts without seeking professional counsel.
Old 11-20-2013, 6:33 AM
Veteran Member

ATF cares not one iota whether or not you rent the machine per se.

If any kind of compensation is given in any way to a shop that otherwise uses their machine for any financial purpose besides your lower, and just so happens to let you use their machine one tenth of one percent of the time, their intent is to shut down that practice. Someone charges you for parking but free CNC use? No. Collectives? Yeah no. Unless anyone has unfettered access to the CNC machine for a free project, ATF will get involved - they're simply trying to hurt CNC owners in the wallet...Period.

This is the same ATF that is demanding vendors to provide customer lists of people who purchased 80% paperweights so they can take this bulk data and add it to their database, both to search for known felons and chase intent under Nguyen, to search for prohibited people and seize their guns, as well as to have a pseudo registry of where all these possible firearms may ultimately be.

First hand information.

ATF is overreaching using new regulations under Obama to keep you from building your own firearms. It is the same disgusting organization that brought you Fast and Furious under Holder, and needs to be shut down.

I have a small mill that I will gladly let people use if they will help me get it up and running. Mill works great - just need someone who knows what they're doing to get it going.

Last edited by glbtrottr; 11-20-2013 at 6:35 AM..
Old 11-20-2013, 6:38 AM