Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Turner's Outdoorsman
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2013, 6:11 PM

Default Pasadena Turner Review

I have done a ton of transactions at the Pasadena store. I have always found them to be professional and knowledgeable. These transactions include both in store purchases and private party transfers. I have worked with Vince (manager), Steve and Dominic (New Employee). They have all been wonderful and treated me with courtesy. It's actually kind of embarrassing that some of the employees know me by first name basis. Btw, I have seen the employees in action and do not feel that I am getting any special treatment. Anyway, I just wanted to let corporate know that I am very pleased with the Pasadena store.
Old 10-04-2013, 6:58 PM

I work next to the Pasadena store and go there all the time, ive never had a bad experience either. they have always asked if I needed help or always helpful with questions that I have. A+++
Old 10-04-2013, 7:02 PM

Yep
Never any major issues
Old 10-04-2013, 7:42 PM

I too have puchased many fireams there. I think they are very good never a problem.
Old 10-04-2013, 9:24 PM
9mm>.40
CGN Contributor

Pasadena is definitely one of their better stores. Oxnard is a close second, though I've only been in that one 2 or 3 times.

NRA Member
SAF Member

Quote:
A tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny.
Old 10-04-2013, 10:57 PM

I've posted my praises of the Pasadena store in the past, but always a great experience. The whole crew over there is excellent.
Old 10-05-2013, 5:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffyhog View Post
The whole crew over there is excellent.
+1, always had a good experience.
Old 10-05-2013, 5:40 PM

I have never cared for the cashiers at Pasadena, 90% of the time have been rude to me. Everyone else is ok. Covina is hands down my favorite, everyone is friendly and greets you.
Old 10-06-2013, 9:52 AM

I live 2 minutes away from Pasadena Turners and used to go there a lot (buying ammo, firearms, fishing equipment.) This was when Marion, Sean, Anthony & Michelle used to work there, I go because of their EXCELLENT Customer service!

Now Turners Pasadena Sucks!!! New People/workers have attitude! Starting from the big lady in the cashier and the guy wearing black shirt with glasses I think his name is Vince, giving false information about the LAW owning rifles.

If you're reading this I rather you not talk about any bills/LAWS if you're not certain about it. You can get people in trouble!!!

I will take my money elsewhere and drive 10-15 miles longer just not to deal with these people.
Old 10-07-2013, 6:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40calibre View Post
I have never cared for the cashiers at Pasadena, 90% of the time have been rude to me. Everyone else is ok. Covina is hands down my favorite, everyone is friendly and greets you.
This^

It absolutely baffles me how turners can hire such brainless people to handle the money and sales when at times they ruin the deal. I remember specifically dealing with a certain young women there (cashier) who had absolutely NO IDEA
what she was doing. So much so, that when I was ready to drop a bit of cash on a new shotgun stock and some ammo I ended up not buying because I was really annoyed at how she insisted that I "bring a parent" to buy shotgun ammo despite the fact that my ID says that I am 20. Ofcourse I wasn't rude, however as i turned to walk out of the store, the manager (an Asian gentleman) suddenly appears and tells me how I can indeed buy shotgun ammo and that there was simply a misunderstanding...needless to say, I said "yeah, I don't think so" and promptly left that poor excuse for a gun store.

I mean I can understand not wanting to sell to me if I didn't have my ID, but the fact that this young lady didn't even know what the gun laws were, communicated to me that turners does not care enough about its customers to provide them with people who know what they are doing. And how does a person who works at a gun store even go about regular business not knowing such simple and basic things as the age limits to buy firearms and ammo???

And you know quite frankly, when I go to a place like turners, I go because I want to have a pleasant experience purchasing items that interest me. I do not go to argue with cashiers, nor anyone else for that matter.

Furthermore, I can say that not only did Turners in Pasadena lose $200 dollars that day in sales, they also lost a customer who will never return to that store. From now on I will go to West Covina or Norwalk.
Old 10-07-2013, 10:23 PM

+1 for Turners Pasadena. Bought several and ppt'ed from them
Old 10-08-2013, 2:42 AM

I love Turners Pasadena! Reseda sucks
Old 10-30-2013, 8:49 AM

I use to work at Turners Pasadena in the late 90's LOL... good to see no negative feedback on me during my employment there, but then again I don't think the CGN forum was up yet But in all honesty, I always treated customers like how I would like to be treated. It's a shame some guns shop these days pose the arrogance and the unwillingness to help another fellow firearm or future firearm owner :/

(NRA MEMBER SINCE 1996/LIFE SINCE 2010) (CRPA "5 YEAR" MEMBER 2010)
EBAY FEEDBACK: EVIL INTENT FACEBOOK PAGE: EVIL INTENT PAINTBALL TEAM:
Old 11-01-2013, 10:34 PM

It's sad to hear that Pasadena location can be bad .

I have done a few PPTs there & even some drop ins to look at firearms that were posted on their website . The times I went there , 2009-2011, were ok . PPTs were even " fast " .

Someone mentioned the fact that employees are " handing out / dishing out " legal advice . I have seen it a few times at West Covina & that's why I never returned there . If the company was held liable for what the employees state as " facts or the law " , employees would be fired and the company would be sued . Hey . It's California .

Reseda was the worst ! I went in there to PPT a 3" n frame & while it was being " checked at the door " the cashier started whipping the cylinder into to the frame & told me " they can't sell it " . As I grabbed it I mentioned it was for a PPT and left . If the cashier thought it was appropriate behavior , who knows what the others might have done with my firearm .

I witnessed this same behavior at the Redondo Bch location after a gentlemen left 5 firearms for them to sale . Just because they are reselling your firearm does not mean they should " abuse / molest ( in any way , shape or form ) YOUR firearms while they are in their custody .
Old 11-01-2013, 11:03 PM
Veteran Member

i have yet to shop there, good service? i've gotta see this for myself lol
Old 11-03-2013, 1:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSPiFFY View Post
He even had the guy helping me stop helping me to answer a phone call which in turn took the employee away for 15 minutes when I was ready to make a purchase!
Well on the flip side, I've complained to their management that my calls are rarely picked up. But I guess now I know it's people like you who are to blame for that.

BTW, how long was that employee with you before you finally WERE ready to make that purchase?
Old 11-03-2013, 2:45 PM

I made numerous firearm purchase there in 2012 workers there were very nice and helpful(wait time was long but it was ok). After the sandy hook shooting I have not been there or any other turners due to the craze price and shortage of ammo, so I don't know if the same crew still work there or not but it was the best turners to go to compare to others that I have been to( I have been to a lot of other turners West Covina,chino,signal hill Torrance,rancho,etc..).