Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > San Bernardino Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2013, 10:37 AM

Default Wholesome Bachelor Party Help

So my friend has just told me that I am his semi-best man (he doesnt have a best man because his fiance has 2 sisters and didnt want to hurt eithers' feelings)

anyways, He is super religious, and is really against the typical bachelor party idea, but one thing I think he and all of us could enjoy while being sober is shooting (or paintballing... i used to compete..but he hates it, we took him once and he wanted to leave by lunch).

Anyways, am looking for a spot to take him, and the other groomsman, I usually shoot up at Christmas Tree lane spot, but I have not been in a while due to my shooting buddy (my brother) moving to Northern Cali, and he was generally our transportation, as he had a lifted Jeep.

I dont know if I should try to go there, as they all live in Redlands/Grande Terrace area, and none of them have any vehicles that would allow us to go deeper into the hills if it was crowded.(and have heard that it might be closed?)

But I want to go somewhere where we can sort of be "by ourselves". We wont be drinking or anything, just wanted something a bit more close-knit I guess.

My friend likes Rifle shooting, and distance shooting, so I want somewhere we can at least get up to 100 yards also.

Ive thought about taking the day and taking the group to Hodge Road (tho ive never been there personally, I have friends who have gone shooting out there) but I was curious about some more seasoned opinions.

Are there any spots you would suggest? Or are there any ranges that will rent out a sort of private range to a group, one with at least a 100 yard range ?

Also id like it to be somewhere we could bring our own targets, because I think reactive targets are MUCH more fun for new shooters, rather than paper targets shooting for groupings. (I like balloons for example, taped on a wooden board, easy to know when they hit it)

Im not expecting people to share their secret spots or anything, cause I know that shooting spots are like fishing holes, the best ones are well kept secrets. Just looking for opinions on either a range or a well known BLM spot or something.

(Personally I dont care for range shooting... much prefer the freedom of BLM shooting and being able to place/replace targets as the group wishes)

Anyways thanks for your time everyone.
Old 10-12-2013, 1:16 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I know you want BLM but when my friend got married we did the same but went to Lytle Creek, had a great time set up canopies and some sandwiches... We stuck a target on his back no one told him.. the ROs were cool also...
Old 10-12-2013, 1:17 PM
Veteran Member

MAKE him go to a strip club... Real friends make friends go see titties...
Old 10-12-2013, 1:28 PM
Veteran Member

Agreed. Go see some tatas
Old 10-16-2013, 8:38 PM
Veteran Member

Tits in his face is the only answer.
Old 10-16-2013, 9:00 PM

I wanted a wholesome bachelor party as well. We went to a local sporting clays place and hired instructors to take us out. There were about 15 of us and we all had fun. Also, this place had a package deal where they would BBQ tri tip with the trimmings. It was quite a nice time. The place even provided the guns.

I find that 90% of the questions asked here have been answered 20 or more years ago by Jeff in hid Gargantuan Gunsite Gossip books.

"Taking a rifle to a gunfight is the equivalent of taking a chainsaw to a knife fight." Lt. Col. Grossman in On Combat (Sec 2, Ch 1)
Old 10-16-2013, 9:11 PM

Sporting clays or reactive targets of some sort, if you can BBQ there that's a plus.
If its BLM land.... Then maybe some 4 wheelin'..... Head back to whoever's house has a pool

Have strippers in the pool upon arrival!!
Old 10-16-2013, 9:28 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Sporting clays (with strippers ) would be fun. There is a place here in Santa Clara county that has the package mentioned above for a decent price. All you and your group do is show up and shoot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnofstl007 View Post
So my friend has just told me that I am his semi-best man (he doesnt have a best man because his fiance has 2 sisters and didnt want to hurt eithers' feelings)
I don't get this, why would her sisters be butthurt if you are best man? She must not like you very much. Are you a bad influence in her intended?

I survived the great CG of 2015
Dear autocorrect, I'm really getting tired of your shirt!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LugerDevil666 View Post
No more stupid threads. you have my word
Quote:
Originally Posted by LugerDevil666 View Post
Rule 1 I'll admit I'm a jerk when I post stupid thread.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmut Shmacher View Post
I'll do the picking.. Name wise .. if you don't mind...
Formerly lugerdevil666
Old 10-17-2013, 3:55 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Well, if you don't mind a drive, I take my Boy Scout Troop to Calico (north of Barstow). It's nice, it's quiet. We usually set up a trap area and a rifle area. We've had no troubles there ever and ben going for a long time.

BSA Scoutmaster
CGN Contributor
NRA Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security Deserve Neither. (paraphrased) - Benjamin Franklin
Old 10-17-2013, 4:16 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Come on, keep his party clean. You can just out to the desert and go have fun. I did at mine 32 years ago and have gone out on many other clean party's shooting or fishing with the guys.
"Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit" [Matt 28:19]

Old 10-17-2013, 4:18 PM

Maybe make it a camping/shooting trip?
Old 10-17-2013, 4:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonofWWIIDI View Post
Sporting clays (with strippers ) would be fun. There is a place here in Santa Clara county that has the package mentioned above for a decent price. All you and your group do is show up and shoot.

I don't get this, why would her sisters be butthurt if you are best man? She must not like you very much. Are you a bad influence in her intended?
Exactly!

Bring the strippers to the range and drop a boat load of $$ getting lap dances while sending lead downrange.

I'm sorry, I don't see it any other way.....

WTS: Rigid Industries LED lights
Old 10-17-2013, 4:55 PM
Veteran Member

Go fishing

With strippers
-Edmund Burke
I'd much rather go to my grave never needing my gun, than go there wishing I had it.
- Phil Dalmolin

The Battle of Athens was illegal too.
Old 10-17-2013, 5:02 PM

Good on him for wanting it clean. I'd go with what bikr4jc said and hit up Lytle Creek.