Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calguns LEOs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns LEOs LEOs; chat, kibitz and relax. Non-LEOs; have a questions for a cop? Ask it here, in a CIVIL manner.

Old 10-10-2013, 1:13 PM

Default 2A stickers

I dont know how many LEOs are 2nd amendment activists, but I would hope a good number of them are.. anywho, for any LEOs on here, if someone has an NRA or 2A sticker or something on their car, does that improve ur attitude towards them if yous stop them for a busted tail light or not signalling? Just wondering, cuz I know a lot of ppl get off easy with Freemason or Military stickers. Not implying anything either btw. Honest question.
Old 10-10-2013, 1:30 PM
Veteran Member

Whatever stickers someone has on their car made little difference to me, everyone gets treated the same. Although it was amazing how many people would have a COPS, PAL sticker/license plate frame on their car that thought because they had made some type of donation or were affiliated with some organization they should get a break.
Old 10-10-2013, 5:57 PM

The running joke where I work is all the dirtbags have our Dept union stickers on their cars.. so to answer your question,,, no
Old 10-10-2013, 6:04 PM

Interesting. Thanks for the responses.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:22 PM

DARE stickers were almost PC for a dope stop years ago. Dopers really thought we would think they were citizen of the year with that sticker.

Cops are human and we have our biases too which may influence minor enforcement situations such as discretionary violations with traffic infractions. Most cops are pro-gun, and generally on the conservative side. I'd admit a bumper sticker aligning with my political views or a patriotic sticker may be a factor in not citing someone if it's their car and everything else such as passing the attitude test pans out.

Now do I go out of my way to stop a car with a bumper sticker I really, really don't like? Well I'd also admit it may get more eyeball from me depending on what the car and driver looked like.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:26 PM
Veteran Member

I have an NRA sticker on my own car. Does that answer your question?
Old 10-11-2013, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddis View Post
DARE stickers were almost PC for a dope stop years ago. Dopers really thought we would think they were citizen of the year with that sticker.

Cops are human and we have our biases too which may influence minor enforcement situations such as discretionary violations with traffic infractions. Most cops are pro-gun, and generally on the conservative side. I'd admit a bumper sticker aligning with my political views or a patriotic sticker may be a factor in not citing someone if it's their car and everything else such as passing the attitude test pans out.

Now do I go out of my way to stop a car with a bumper sticker I really, really don't like? Well I'd also admit it may get more eyeball from me depending on what the car and driver looked like.
Haha im curious as to what kind of bumper sticker you really dont like??
Old 10-11-2013, 6:07 PM

What does your sticker say and I'll tell you.

Last edited by Caddis; 10-11-2013 at 6:09 PM.. Reason: correction
Old 10-12-2013, 7:34 PM
Calguns Addict

What gets me is the people that put thin blue line stickers all over the back of their car and license plate like it is cop repellent.
Old 10-12-2013, 9:38 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kermit315 View Post
What gets me is the people that put thin blue line stickers all over the back of their car and license plate like it is cop repellent.
Or the FD stickers.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddletown View Post
What you believe and what is true in real life in the real world aren't necessarily the same thing. And what you believe doesn't change what is true in real life in the real world.

Old 10-13-2013, 12:24 AM
Veteran Member

And if they have a firefighter sticker, a KMA license frame and a support our troops ribbon.... ;-)