Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calguns LEOs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns LEOs LEOs; chat, kibitz and relax. Non-LEOs; have a questions for a cop? Ask it here, in a CIVIL manner.

Old 10-08-2013, 2:33 PM
Calguns Addict

Default Highway Patrol not able to deport illegals anymore??

Will ICE/INS won't pick them up and drive them back anymore?

I was out shooting in BLM land yesterday when approached by a nice officer. He knew his laws and was looking for full auto "toys". Anyways we had a 30 min conversation or so about laws today in California. Illegal immigration came up. Apparently in the last 3 years he has pulled over countless carloads of illegal aliens in and around Barstow. He will detain them, call INS down at the border, and be told by INS that "10 isn't enough, if you had 12 or more we would come get them"...or "we don't have any vans big enough for them at the moment"...are the excuses he gets. So he has to let them go.

If this is what is going on right now... I would love to hear from fellow highway patrol officers.
Old 10-08-2013, 2:34 PM
Banned

There's like what............30 million illegals in this country. Do you really think it makes any diff whether the CHP can deport 10 or 12 at a time?
Old 10-08-2013, 2:44 PM

30 million?

No wonder the vans aren't big enough.
Old 10-08-2013, 2:45 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armando de la Guerra View Post
There's like what............30 million illegals in this country. Do you really think it makes any diff whether the CHP can deport 10 or 12 at a time?

Are you a LEO?
Old 10-08-2013, 3:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8mmFMJ View Post

Are you a LEO?
I think he is a Gemini...

How about you sailor?

Old 10-08-2013, 3:15 PM
Banned

Quote:

Are you a LEO?
No. I'm an Accountant. Factoid: Do you know that 90% of IRS employees are on furlough right now? Do you also know that 12million +- tax returns will be filed in the next 7 days? Do we see an opportunity here?

Just sayin'...............
Old 10-08-2013, 3:33 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armando de la Guerra View Post
Yes because just like finding previously banned members using new accounts, it has to start somewhere. You just don't give up because there are too many of them.

Ignorance can be educated.
Crazy can be medicated.
But there is no cure for stupid.

Police Brutality? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRd5oucG114

NRA Benefactor Member
Old 10-08-2013, 4:00 PM

The thread title is misleading. CHP isn't responsible for deportation, ICE is. Even then, technically the illegals are supposed to serve their time in prison after awaiting trial if they have committed any crimes during their time here before the deportation process even begins.

To the government shut down, please keep in mind that only those who are deemed as "Essential" have retained their working hours and all of the workload is on them.

I highly doubt that deportation is at the top of ICE's list right now. For the record, ICE doesn't pick them up. US Marshals picks them up and transports them. ICE and USMS combined forces and created JPATS where USMS retains custody of the transportee until another agency takes assumes custody at the destination.

Right now the illegals will have to stay in the arresting agency's county jail (I think CHP has their own) until everything is back up and running.
Old 10-08-2013, 4:04 PM

chp doesn't deal with immigration law. from my experience if chp makes a stop and believes the person is undocumented, they'll call border patrol to respond and make that assessment. they've responded for one person. there have been times where border patrol would take a long time so just end up impounding the vehicle and letting the undocumented person go on their way as chp has no authority with any federal immigration laws.
Old 10-08-2013, 6:10 PM
Calguns Addict

Cutting a downed tree isn't a forest rangers responsibility it's the forest service's. But if it's blocking a road or a hazard, and he has a chainsaw, then he takes care of it. Maybe it's not in the job description, but it's now part of the job. Hell, I would if I had the means.

Don't give me any excuses that it's not their jurisdiction. Their are an officer of the law and regardless if they can physically drive them across the border, they need to see that they aren't just "set free".
Old 10-08-2013, 7:37 PM

Quote:
Cutting a downed tree isn't a forest rangers responsibility it's the forest service's. But if it's blocking a road or a hazard, and he has a chainsaw, then he takes care of it. Maybe it's not in the job description, but it's now part of the job. Hell, I would if I had the means.

Don't give me any excuses that it's not their jurisdiction. Their are an officer of the law and regardless if they can physically drive them across the border, they need to see that they aren't just "set free".
usbp can't cite you for speeding or any other VC violations either. even if they stopped someone that is drunk they can't do anything about it. they end up calling chp to do the FSTs. they can run your DL and even if your DL is suspended can't do anything about it. they end up calling the agency who has jurisdiction or where they have them stopped at, usually at the checkpoints would be chp. and there are times where chp won't respond and usbp have to let the person go even knowing they have a suspended DL.
Old 10-08-2013, 7:58 PM
I need a LIFE!!

those excuses can be easily beat just say there was 12 when you called and 2 escaped

or if there is too many say a few escaped only got 8 now
Old 10-08-2013, 8:59 PM
Veteran Member

Since all CHP can do is drive them to the border (maybe) then what happens? There is no law that allows CHP to deport people, for that matter ICE/BPS/INS can't either. Deportation has to happen in the courts, probably the reason they ask illegals to "voluntarily" go back across the border, if crossing the border is the only crime that has been committed.
Old 10-09-2013, 8:46 PM
Veteran Member

Op,

You do understand that CHP has no immigration enforcement powers. Just because their a LEO doesn't mean they have the authority to enforce those federal laws.

You ever hear of ICE?
Old 10-10-2013, 4:06 AM

I'll leave this here

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...-Most-Illegals

I won't say the exact distance chp can call border patrol to come get people but if its relatively close to border BP is good to go if not ICE would be the agency to pick up bodies.