Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Northern California Chapters
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2013, 8:16 AM

Default South Bay - Please Help

Hello all, long time listener first time caller here

I just moved to the Santa Clara (South-Bay) area and am trying to find a place to safely and legally shoot outdoors (likely on BLM land?). Years ago I used to use the geocommunicator tool, which apparently now just re-directs to the DOI.gov website.

Can anyone advise me of the closest options to legally (and safely) target shoot (not at a range). GPS coordinates would be the best (find the spot on google maps, right click on it, and select "what's here", then copy the data in the maps search bar)

FYI I'm a extremely clean, safe, and legal shooter, I take a roll of trash bags with me and leave every area 100x cleaner than I found it, even picking up spent shells etc. Telling me about a "hidden gem" is no threat, but rather another shooter assisting the clean up. Feel free to message privately to preserve those areas.

Thanks!
Old 10-03-2013, 9:31 AM

Thanks for the info. I prefer hiking around (usually deep into the woods) and shooting there....kind of a mix of target shooting and hiking.

Are you able to direct me to an "exact" spot in Panoche Hills?
Old 10-06-2013, 9:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by predat0r View Post
Thanks for the info. I prefer hiking around (usually deep into the woods) and shooting there....kind of a mix of target shooting and hiking.

Are you able to direct me to an "exact" spot in Panoche Hills?
I think it is off hwy 5 . 100 miles away from sc?
My Father-in-law understands the value of the .45, There is a reason why it came to be. I have been told that it was used to stop Asian Pacfic people that were too hard core for lighter weight bullets.
Old 10-06-2013, 9:44 PM

too bad you cant get any info right now. with our exceptionally efficient government you cant talk to anyone regarding blm land. i was looking into the same thing, but realized that everyone has been sent home. cant call and the website shows jack crap. i work in mountain view and live in watsonville.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:57 PM
Resident a**hole
CGN Contributor

36.629115,-120.641858

tumey hills - not exact but pretty close. unknown if they are currently open, I wouldn't doubt the gates would be locked, but it wouldn't surprise me if they will kick you out if walk in either (usually isn't an issue)

probably get better response in the "Shoots, Meets and Range Stories" section - or they might throw a fit and say that you should have posted it here?

Last edited by Bastard; 10-06-2013 at 10:59 PM..