Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CALIFORNIA SHOOTING CLUBS AND ORGANIZATIONS > The Appleseed Project
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

The Appleseed Project The Revolutionary War Veterans Association

Old 10-03-2013, 6:39 AM

Question Rifle for Castro Valley October Appleseed

I have wanted to attend an Appleseed ever since I learned about it on here a few months ago and finally I will be able to make the October one at chabot. I've shot the high power matches at chabot and worked up to sharpshooter, although because I have largely taught my self or learned from watching others I am looking forward to having actual instruction.

Also because of my excitement my wife decided that she wants to come shoot as well. I have a 10/22 set up with tech sites and a sling, although because we have only one 22 rifle is there squading at the event where my wife and I could be on diffrent squads and share the same rifle? Or does everyone shoot on the line at once?

The other option is that I heard on here that sometimes people attending have extra rifles or the ROs will bring a loaner rifle. Will anyone attending this event be willing to loan me a rifle? I have been able to scrounge up enough 22 lr for us to both shoot both days so that won't be a problem.

Thank you for any advice or help,

Jeff
Old 10-03-2013, 7:24 AM
Veteran Member

Everybody shoots at once, so no sharing. The shoot boss typically has some extra rifles they can lend out. The Chabot shoot boss is typically PurplePeople, who's on Calguns. Hopefully he'll see this but you might want to send him a PM and reserve one.

Here's a link to the thread about the last shoot which you can use to click on his name and send the PM and all that. http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=804963

If time allows I may be there Sunday only for a little brush up but I won't know until a few days before.
Old 10-03-2013, 12:01 PM

You rang? I've got one 10/22 loaner available (out of a pool of three). They are all different stock lengths, so we'll sort them out according to best fit to those borrowing.

Please PM me with your wife's name once she's signed up, so I can mark her down for a loaner.
Old 10-03-2013, 12:24 PM
Veteran Member

Look at that, just like magic.
Old 10-04-2013, 6:50 AM

Thank you guys for your replies, it's a huge help.

Purplepeople pm sent!