Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calguns LEOs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns LEOs LEOs; chat, kibitz and relax. Non-LEOs; have a questions for a cop? Ask it here, in a CIVIL manner.

Old 09-26-2013, 10:38 AM
You're a daisy if you do!
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRICKSTER View Post
The objective of a stop is to gain compliance for the law. This does apply equally, it is the disposition that may be different and that is at the discretion of the officer. If the person seems to be truly sorry and honestly acknowledges their mistake, then there may be room for a warning.
Unless it is a motor officer. Now, I'm not an LEO, but I've heard those dudes will give a ticket to their own mother.

I have been stopped a few times over the past decades (maybe like 3 or 4 in nearly 30 years) and never had a warning that I can recall. I am always respectful, yes sir/no sir, answer honestly etc.

Sign here and have a nice day. Though, I can say I have not received a citation that I hadn't earned honestly.

Sh-Sh-Sha Pocket Sand!
Old 09-26-2013, 11:26 AM
Super Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by baz152 View Post
EDIT:

If anyone is wondering why the above statement no longer flows, it is because it has been edited by Retired. It is funny that on a web forum supporting the second amendment, the first amendment is looked down upon.
Yep, you are correct, I edited your post. Your leo bashing comment about the CHP was actually enough to delete it and you from this forum, but by editing it, it allowed the rest of your post and your opinion to be seen by the members. Obviously I made a mistake in editing your post and giving you a break.

FYI, this is a privately owned website and you therefore have no First Amendments rights here. The owner has posted the rules and the staff assists him in enforcing them. If you do not care to follow the rules here on Calguns, it is certainly within your prerogative to quit Calguns, tho we do not want to lose any member.

Until that time, since you obviously have no intent of following the rules for this specialty forum, you won't have to be bothered with them anymore since you will no longer have to suffer viewing the leo forum.

As to our other members here, please do not respond to GoZoner or professorfate as they will no longer be visiting this forum either. Thank you.

Last edited by retired; 09-27-2013 at 11:13 PM..
Old 09-26-2013, 7:16 PM

To my knowledge, code blue is a life or death situation that a person is having. Well, at least in Los Angeles County Hospitals. Also, code blue is only announced at the hospital itself and they don't call people at their homes for it. Again, like everyone says, you are not equipped to be driving in that situation. Sounds like you were late to work and highly doubt that would be a reason to fight it at court. Honesty goes a looong way.
Old 09-27-2013, 8:26 PM

Were you driving an "official looking" Crown Vic? I thought read reference to that in this thread. If so, from an officer's standpoint you have a speeder, with a marginal alibi, who declares he's packing, and is driving a lookalike car.

I would not normally cite a medical practitioner enroute to work if the violation wasn't serious and he/she passed the attitude test and all docs were good 2 go. However, I won't second guess another person's judgement.