Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 09-26-2013, 11:54 AM

Exclamation ELECTION 11/19 - Susan Shelley - Final Hours and Election Results

All...

I want to thank everyone who got involved to help Susan Shelley and make CalGuns look so good. With the election this Tuesday, our group was a force to be reckoned with. According to Susan and her campaign manager, we were able to raise more money than other groups and were a consistent voice of support since we became involved.

A few articles are now coming out just before the election (note the slant in both):

Here is one that is focused on the 2A aspect of the campaign:
http://www.dailynews.com/government-...-assembly-race

Here is another general article:
http://www.dailynews.com/government-...-in-final-days

Finally, stay tuned on Tuesday as we will update this post (or I am sure others will be posting) with any election results that come through.

Last edited by Lifeon2whls; 11-18-2013 at 10:08 AM..
Old 09-26-2013, 12:15 PM
Head Janitor

From the other thread for those wondering about Shelley's position on 2A:

I sent an email with eight questions to all the candidates in this election, Dababneh did not respond, I'm not too surprised since he is Congressman Brad Sherman's Chief Deputy he likely shares his anti-2A views.
Shelley did. These are her answers:
Quote:
Hi, Paul,

Thanks for the note. Answers to your questions are below, in the copy of your e-mail to me.

I'm a strong supporter of Second Amendment rights. In general, I'm opposed to any law that restricts the rights of law-abiding citizens as a reflexive response to a tragic or criminal act.

I support the right of law abiding citizens to purchase and own firearms and to carry them. I oppose the assault weapons ban.

It's my view that the Second Amendment confers a RIGHT, not a privilege that can be revoked at will by the government.

You might be interested in a book that I wrote about the history of the Supreme Court's interpretation of the Bill of Rights. Attached is an excerpt from it that relates to the Supreme Court's recent Second Amendment decisions.

Thanks again for writing. I'd be honored to have your support.

Best regards,

Susan Shelley
Republican candidate for California Assembly, District 45

1) Do you support the right of law abiding citizens to purchase and own firearms? YES.

2) Do you support the right of law abiding citizens to defend themselves and their families? YES

3) Do you support the right of law abiding citizens to carry a firearm to defend themselves and their families? YES

4) Do you support or oppose the use of legislation to deny law abiding citizens the ability to purchase and own legal firearms based solely on the firearm's appearance and/or the manufacturer's willingness to pay a 'fee' to have their products declared 'safe' by the State of California? I OPPOSE THE USE OF LEGISLATION TO DENY LAW ABIDING CITIZENS THE ABILITY TO PURCHASE AND OWN LEGAL FIREARMS.

5) Would you vote for shall issue with state preemption for California CCW? YES.

6) Would you vote for repealing the state safe gun registry based on constitutional, and common use, grounds? YES.

7) Would you vote for repealing the current assault weapons ban in California based on common use of standard style modern sporting rifles? YES.

8) Would you vote for repealing the ban on open carry of long rifles and hand guns? YES, ALTHOUGH I WOULD LISTEN TO AND CONSIDER THE LAW ENFORCEMENT COMMUNITY'S CONCERNS, IF ANY, IN MATTERS OF PUBLIC SAFETY.
DONATE TO NRA-ILA, CGSSA, AND CRPAF NOW!
Opinions posted in this account are my own and unless specifically stated as such are not the approved position of Calguns.net, CGSSA or CGF.
Old 09-26-2013, 1:53 PM
Veteran Member

I live in Dist 45. I will see what I can do 10/10 but its a workday so it is unlikely i can participate :/

I would like to re-iterate for ALL readers here that Dist 45 is a mixed bag, demographics wise. Unlike other areas of LA, I think a candidate like Shelley has a very good chance of winning.

Also, i want to point out that my senator (pavley) is a total POS and needs to be replaced asap. She's utterly worthless.

"“[S]cientific proof” of both gun-rights and gun-control theories “is very hard to get”; therefore, requiring “some substantial scientific proof to show that a [firearm] law will indeed substantially reduce crime and injury” is tantamount to applying strict scrutiny to, and almost certainly will lead to invalidation of, the law." - Kamela Harris

Lawyers and their Stockholm Syndrome
Old 09-26-2013, 5:08 PM

Don't forget I will be working with Susan to try and set up some other events/volunteer opportunities so if you can not make these first two let me know that you are interested and I will PM you when we have other things come up.
Old 09-26-2013, 5:20 PM
Calguns Addict

I'm excited for you guys. Everything is in place to make this happen. All it takes now is for people to SHOW UP!!! We all ***** a lot and I am seriously considering flying down from Sacramento to help out.
Old 09-26-2013, 5:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag360 View Post
I'm excited for you guys. Everything is in place to make this happen. All it takes now is for people to SHOW UP!!! We all ***** a lot and I am seriously considering flying down from Sacramento to help out.
Hey you're welcome to! I've also been talking to Susan about the fact that there are a lot of Calgunners who see this as a state issue and not just a local election. I've asked her how people like yourself can get involved beyond beyond simply donating. If she has anything I will let you know.
Old 09-27-2013, 9:18 AM

"I'm a strong supporter of Second Amendment rights. In general, I'm opposed to any law that restricts the rights of law-abiding citizens as a reflexive response to a tragic or criminal act."

Very well put.... really caught my attention....

Good work supporting her. ... and good luck with the campaign
Old 09-27-2013, 12:15 PM

What areas does Dist45 cover?

Sent from somewhere in time & space...
The Constitution of most of our states (and of the United States) assert that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed.”
- Thomas Jefferson -
Quote:
200 bullets at a time......
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-5/198981/life01.jpg

Subscribe to my YouTube channel ---->http://www.youtube.com/user/2A4USA
Old 09-27-2013, 12:54 PM

She is bang on point.
Old 09-27-2013, 7:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobler View Post
What areas does Dist45 cover?

Sent from somewhere in time & space...
District 45 covers:
Calabasas
Hidden Hills
Canoga Park
Encino
Northridge
Reseda
Tarzana
West Hills
Winnetka
Woodland hills
Bell Canyon
Old 09-27-2013, 7:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeon2whls View Post
District 45 covers:
Calabasas
Hidden Hills
Canoga Park
Encino
Northridge
Reseda
Tarzana
West Hills
Winnetka
Woodland hills
Bell Canyon
Damn! Not my area.... Well good luck to those in her district...
The Constitution of most of our states (and of the United States) assert that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed.”
- Thomas Jefferson -
Quote:
200 bullets at a time......
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-5/198981/life01.jpg

Subscribe to my YouTube channel ---->http://www.youtube.com/user/2A4USA
Old 09-28-2013, 9:34 AM

Quote:
Your area or not this election affects all of us. If you live in the area, I encourage you to join us in supporting her and volunteering. If not a donation, even something small is always great and goes a long way to show how the CalGuns community supports her.
Old 09-28-2013, 11:22 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Your area or not this election affects all of us. If you live in the area, I encourage you to join us in supporting her and volunteering. If not a donation, even something small is always great and goes a long way to show how the CalGuns community supports her.
Agreed. Donations don't have to be large either. This election will effect us all. We have a strong chance to get a 2A candidate elected at the state level. We did this with another candidate this July, got them elected and they voted no on all the bills we're fighting. A few more legislatures on our side and we can stop these kinds of bills in the future meaning next year because, the usual suspects will have more bills next year.
“Deadly assault weapons have no place in Massachusetts. These guns are not made for recreation or self-defense. They are instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people.” Mitt Romney 2012 Republican Presidential Candidate
Old 09-30-2013, 4:22 PM

Quote:

TALKING POINTS:

"Sacramento politicians are attacking Proposition 13 and trying to make it easier to raise your property taxes. Susan Shelley will protect Proposition 13. She's endorsed by the Howard Jarvis Taxpayers Association. Don't lose your home to higher property taxes. On November 19, vote for Susan Shelley for the California Assembly. Watch the mail for your sample ballot booklet in mid-October. You can request a vote-by-mail ballot by filling out the form on the back cover of the booklet and mailing it in. Don't miss your chance to vote for Susan Shelley in this important special election. Protect Proposition 13."

Other issue points:

- Susan Shelley will introduce a bill to require smog checks every three years instead of every two, because the cost to consumers goes up every year but the benefit to society goes down as the older cars come off the road.

- Susan Shelley wants to make energy more affordable in California by going back to the 20 percent target for renewable fuel use by utility companies, repealing the 33 percent target that was passed in 2006. The higher target is one reason that your DWP bills have skyrocketed. We're not accomplishing anything by being the only state in the union with this requirement, we're just hurting ourselves.

- Susan Shelley supports Second Amendment rights and will protect the rights of law-abiding gun owners.[/I]

Of course the prop 13 is a Huge talking point when talking to home owners.

Another great talking point is actually the smog check deal. Smog check is a HUGE deal to car enthusiasts! If any of you are registered on car forums, I would suggest making a thread on this talking point of her submitting a bill to change mandatory smog check to once every 3 years! I will be doing my part to spread the word on car enthusiast forums I frequent and you guys please do the same. There are many thousands of potential votes from the car crowd in these districts...... from the muscle car crowd to the import car crowd.

Someone should also contact SEMA (Specialty Equipment Market Association) and inform them of Shelley's proposal for smog check. SEMA always emails out info regarding changes (or proposed changes) to smog check laws to those on their email list. Not only could they inform SEMA members of her smog check proposal, they may even donate to her campaign and they have bigtime dollars.

http://www.sema.org/government-affairs/

If we could also get Shelley on board with proposing a smog bill (if elected of course) that would re-start the rolling 30 year old car smog check exemption, that would be absolutely HUGE with SEMA and the car crowd.

For those not familiar, there was a law that once your car turned 30 years old, it would become smog exempt (great for collectors cars and manufacturers of aftermarket equipment). The car crowd (hundreds of thousands of people) were up in arms when Governor Schwarzenegger repealed/stopped that law from continuing to roll. If we could educate Shelley about that law, and if she would support re-starting the rolling 30 year smog exemption, I'm sure the word would spread like wildfire and the car crowd living in her district would show up in droves to vote. SEMA would be more than happy to even help her with writing bills related to smog.

If any of you are in contact with the Shelley campain, you should suggest to them that they get in contact with SEMA and inform them of her proposed smog law change. If she could get SEMA behind her, well, what a boost that would be! http://www.sema.org/government-affairs

Last edited by RotaryRevn; 09-30-2013 at 6:02 PM..
Old 10-01-2013, 8:56 AM

RotaryRevn...a Mazda owner perhaps???

I hear you and I would encourage you to take point on the SEMA side. I am in contact with her and PM me for her contact info. Her email is in my OP and a good way to get in touch. I have a '74 911 Targa that benefits from the old law regarding the smog exemption so I am on board in all regards.
Old 10-01-2013, 4:24 PM

Quote:
RotaryRevn...a Mazda owner perhaps???

I hear you and I would encourage you to take point on the SEMA side. I am in contact with her and PM me for her contact info. Her email is in my OP and a good way to get in touch. I have a '74 911 Targa that benefits from the old law regarding the smog exemption so I am on board in all regards.
Hi Lifeon2whls,

Yes, I'm a Mazda man! Currently own an 85 RX-7 (previously owned a 75 Rx-3, 72 Rx-2, and too many rx-7's to count........lol

I just fired off an email to SEMA and will be contacting Susan Shelley via her email when I get a little more time during the next couple of days. This is the letter I sent to SEMA and will spread the word on the Mazda Rotary forums .

------------------------------

Dear SEMA,

As a fellow car enthusiast, I would like to inform you of the CA special election for 45th district Assembly member. The election will be between Susan Shelly [R] and Matt Debabneh [D] and will take place on November 19, 2013. Susan Shelly has gone on record stating if elected, she will introduce a bill to require smog checks once every three years instead of the current once every two years, because the cost to consumers goes up every year but the benefit to society goes down as the older cars come off the road.

I believe if you contacted/supported Susan Shelly directly, if elected, she would also be open to introduce a bill that would re-start the "rolling 30 year old car smog check exemption" which exempted cars in CA from smog check once they became 30 years old. As I'm sure you remember, Gov Schwarzenegger repealed this law.

CA district 45 covers the cities of:
District 45 covers:
Calabasas
Hidden Hills
Canoga Park
Encino
Northridge
Reseda
Tarzana
West Hills
Winnetka
Woodland hills
Bell Canyon

I believe that with your help, we can get Susan Shelly elected. Once elected, she will be on YOUR SIDE, OUR SIDE, to help ease the strict smog check laws of CA, which affect not only your loyal SEMA members who own classic cars driven very few miles a year, but it will help CA's economy and tax revenue from the sale of aftermarket parts in CA.

Can you please get involved in informing the CA car enthusiasts of this election and how the outcome could affect the future of smog laws in CA? Maybe after speaking with Susan Shelley and hearing her stance on various smog laws in CA, you could send out a mass email to inform voters of this election? Also, there are many people who live outside her district that cannot vote, but are currently sending donations to her campain as they believe if she wins, with her sensible ideas, she could help turn things around in CA for the better.

I have no personal affiliation with Susan Shelley, I am just a car enthusiasts that would like to see the rolling 30 year smog exemption re-instated (as well as a tri-annual smog check vs the current bi-annual smog check).

Susan Shelly's contact email: Susan@SusanShelley.com
Susan Shelly's website: http://www.susanshelley.com/

Thank you for taking the time to read this email and consider supporting Susan Shelley in her fight to win the 45th district election. Below I have added some of her other important political stances.

Regards,
RR

--------------------------------------------------------

TALKING POINTS:

When talking to people in the community, your neighbors, etc these are the talkings points Susan is using in her campaign and will be promoting in the precinct walk:

"Sacramento politicians are attacking Proposition 13 and trying to make it easier to raise your property taxes. Susan Shelley will protect Proposition 13. She's endorsed by the Howard Jarvis Taxpayers Association. Don't lose your home to higher property taxes. On November 19, vote for Susan Shelley for the California Assembly. Watch the mail for your sample ballot booklet in mid-October. You can request a vote-by-mail ballot by filling out the form on the back cover of the booklet and mailing it in. Don't miss your chance to vote for Susan Shelley in this important special election. Protect Proposition 13."

Other issue points:

- Susan Shelley will introduce a bill to require smog checks every three years instead of every two, because the cost to consumers goes up every year but the benefit to society goes down as the older cars come off the road.

- Susan Shelley wants to make energy more affordable in California by going back to the 20 percent target for renewable fuel use by utility companies, repealing the 33 percent target that was passed in 2006. The higher target is one reason that your DWP bills have skyrocketed. We're not accomplishing anything by being the only state in the union with this requirement, we're just hurting ourselves.

- Susan Shelley supports Second Amendment rights and will protect the rights of law-abiding gun owners.

Last edited by RotaryRevn; 10-01-2013 at 4:45 PM..
Old 10-04-2013, 9:40 PM
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Default Impressive...

I can't make the event on the 10th, but I did send a contribution. I wish we we had candidates of Susan's qualifications running in San Diego. We have to help them regardless of district, county or state.

Semper Fidelis
Old 10-04-2013, 10:15 PM
Shiny
CGN Contributor

I'm waaay out of her district but when I read about her run in another thread I was compelled to write her a letter of support (mainly the 2A aspect) and included a nice little check. Its not a lot but its something.
Old 10-06-2013, 8:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sputnik View Post
I'm waaay out of her district but when I read about her run in another thread I was compelled to write her a letter of support (mainly the 2A aspect) and included a nice little check. Its not a lot but its something.
Sputnik...thank you, I spoke to her late last week and she has been getting a lot of contributions and notes from the CG members. Small or large, every bit helps when you know who is out there supporting you.
Old 10-07-2013, 9:39 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mconrad View Post
I can't make the event on the 10th, but I did send a contribution. I wish we we had candidates of Susan's qualifications running in San Diego. We have to help them regardless of district, county or state.
Me too. Please keep us posted on how the upcoming events turn out.
Old 10-07-2013, 4:13 PM

Excuse my ignorance, everyone but as far as her political power if she were to get elected, how might this affect our gun rights as a state if we do not live in her district.

Is this Assembly the same assembly that we read about when certain bills go up for vote that affects the entirety of CA? Would this assembly person have a seat and then it becomes a numbers game on whether or not bills pass or is there another assembly?
Old 10-07-2013, 5:54 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

One of the others will correct me if I'm wrong but I *think* she would join the existing Assembly as a new member.

Either way, she is one less Democrat/Progressive/Statist to make our lives miserable.

-- John Wayne as Davy Crockett in The Alamo
Old 10-07-2013, 9:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini Effect View Post
Excuse my ignorance, everyone but as far as her political power if she were to get elected, how might this affect our gun rights as a state if we do not live in her district.

Is this Assembly the same assembly that we read about when certain bills go up for vote that affects the entirety of CA? Would this assembly person have a seat and then it becomes a numbers game on whether or not bills pass or is there another assembly?
The short answer is, yes. There are 80 state assembly members and they are responsible for many of the bills you are concerned about. Although you don't live in her district she will be voting on bills that affect you. This is no different than a senator from another state who stands up for our 2a rights on a national level.
Old 10-08-2013, 12:34 PM

I'm in NorCal ("HELLA" outside of this district, as we like to say here), but what can out-of-districters do to help?

She seems great -- not only is she good on 2A, she represent the kind of republican that has done very well in suburban coastal Califronial: mostly socially liberal, opposed to repeal of Prop 13 and higher property taxes (big issue for suburban home owners), concerned with rising costs of transportation, and so on... This would be a great pattern to set.
Old 10-08-2013, 3:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strlen View Post
I'm in NorCal ("HELLA" outside of this district, as we like to say here), but what can out-of-districters do to help?

She seems great -- not only is she good on 2A, she represent the kind of republican that has done very well in suburban coastal Califronial: mostly socially liberal, opposed to repeal of Prop 13 and higher property taxes (big issue for suburban home owners), concerned with rising costs of transportation, and so on... This would be a great pattern to set.
Donate funds

https://secure.piryx.com/donate/lyjr...-for-Assembly/

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...1#post12406221

What is the NRA doing for YOU in YOUR local area? Click to find out.

"Be strong and let us fight bravely for our people and the cities of our God. The Lord will do what is good in his sight" -2nd Samuel 10:12

Stop worrying about the zombie apocalypse, it ain't gonna happen. The moron apocalypse has already begun though.
Old 10-08-2013, 3:15 PM

Quote:
The short answer is, yes. There are 80 state assembly members and they are responsible for many of the bills you are concerned about. Although you don't live in her district she will be voting on bills that affect you. This is no different than a senator from another state who stands up for our 2a rights on a national level.
I see. Thank you for the info. So there are 80 districts in California, then?
Old 10-09-2013, 11:25 PM
Head Janitor

RSVP for the fundraiser on 10/10 sent!
DONATE TO NRA-ILA, CGSSA, AND CRPAF NOW!
Opinions posted in this account are my own and unless specifically stated as such are not the approved position of Calguns.net, CGSSA or CGF.
Old 10-11-2013, 4:58 PM
yeah buddy!
CGN Contributor

I would like to volunteer my technical skills for the campaign if they can be useful. I don't live in the district, but am relatively close by in Hollywood.

I am a broadcast television editor. I can digitize and edit together any commercials, PSA's, or informational clips you would like. I can compress them as needed for the web, email, DVD, etc. I will make them look and sound as excellent as they can be. I make the crap on TV, and yes it is crap, but you should see what we start with!

I can also shoot video, but do not have good camera or lighting equipment as I spend all my money on editing equipment and guns.

I am serious about helping if you need it. I am currently working on a fall sitcom, but have weekends free and will have a month off in December.

I can find professional production guys too to shoot interviews with her for very cheap. Then I can edit them for free.

PM me if I can be of use!
Old 10-11-2013, 9:30 PM
Calguns Addict

Good to see people stepping up, hats off to HunterB, we need guys like you on our side helping out!
Quote:
Originally Posted by oaklander View Post
I don't like getting my butt kicked, but I would like to have it spanked by some big hairy guys!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohsmily View Post
I wouldn't put "mounting a weasel" past too many people on this forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffmang View Post
Going after the NFA soon is like asking the girl you just met in the bar if she's into anal sex...
-Gene
Old 10-12-2013, 12:09 AM

With the veto fight over, this should become everyone's top priority.

"Be strong and let us fight bravely for our people and the cities of our God. The Lord will do what is good in his sight" -2nd Samuel 10:12

Stop worrying about the zombie apocalypse, it ain't gonna happen. The moron apocalypse has already begun though.
Old 10-12-2013, 12:13 AM
Better be Ready!
CGN Contributor

IMO this election is the next crucial attainable goal in the battle! Calling all Calgunners!

One simple quick way to spread the word is to have many members change their sig line (as some in this thread have already done and taperx suggested w/ the veto campaign). So here's some simple copy/paste instructions for this small call to action.

Go to User CP > Edit Signature and copy/paste this:

[URL="http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=829068"][SIZE="3"]Next step? >>> HELP Elect Pro-2A Susan Shelley[/URL][/SIZE]

Voila, you should end up w/ something like this:
Now go tell all your friends, all the cool kids are doing it.

Last edited by readysetgo; 10-15-2013 at 12:48 PM..
Old 10-12-2013, 12:21 AM
Veteran Member

You can use the [noparse] tag to do this:

[NOPARSE][SIZE="3"][URL="http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=829068"]Next step? >>> HELP Elect Pro-2A Susan Shelley[/URL][/SIZE][/NOPARSE]

And you'll end up with this:

[SIZE="3"][URL="http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=829068"]Next step? >>> HELP Elect Pro-2A Susan Shelley[/URL][/SIZE]

"“[S]cientific proof” of both gun-rights and gun-control theories “is very hard to get”; therefore, requiring “some substantial scientific proof to show that a [firearm] law will indeed substantially reduce crime and injury” is tantamount to applying strict scrutiny to, and almost certainly will lead to invalidation of, the law." - Kamela Harris

Lawyers and their Stockholm Syndrome

Last edited by curtisfong; 10-12-2013 at 9:14 AM..
Old 10-12-2013, 5:43 AM

^Done!
Madison Society Life Member
CRPA Life Member
Old 10-12-2013, 5:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAReact View Post
^Done!
Great guys, keep spreading the word!

HunterB - PMimg about utilizing your skills for this campaign.
Old 10-12-2013, 7:02 AM
Calguns Addict

I've focused on the veto mission. Now it's recalls and elections as primary front. CHARGE!!!!

"Yeah, like... well, I just want to slap a hippie or two. Maybe even make them get jobs."

Old 10-12-2013, 7:34 AM

go here and give her at least 25 bucks you cheap bastards...

even if she's not in your district we need reasonable people voting on AB's...

https://secure.piryx.com/donate/lyjr...-for-Assembly/
Old 10-12-2013, 3:24 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Best of Luck to Susan, contribution sent. I'm fortunate to have 2A friendly representatives who I support. This is the kind of effort we all need to get behind and help get 2A friendly representatives elected every place we can. Ignore the party and support the candidates who support us.
Old 10-12-2013, 7:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by readysetgo View Post
IMO this election is the next crucial attainable goal in the battle! Calling all Calgunners!

One simple quick way to spread the word is to have many members change their sig line (as some in this thread have already done and taperx suggested w/ the veto campaign). So here's some simple copy/paste instructions for this small call to action.

Go to User CP > Edit Signature and copy/paste this:

[URL="http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=829068"][SIZE="3"]Next step? >>> HELP Elect Pro-2A Susan Shelley[/URL][/SIZE]

Voila, you should end up w/ something like this:

Now go tell all your friends, all the cool kids are doing it.
Shazam!

Old 10-13-2013, 8:53 AM

Quote:
So who do you know that is or might be in her district ?

Call them ... email them ... Send them the talking points ... discuss the talking points with them.

Sacrifice 2 decent meals out with the wife / GF / Fam - and send her $100 - with a note about CalGuns.

What businesses might you work with in those cities?

Contact the business owners - ask them their feelings about her talking points. Ask them if they might consider voting for her ... and you might imply - that YOU will consider their support for her in your business decisions on where you spend your hard earned dollars.

I have a business or two in those areas I have a choice to send clients and $$$ to. I will see what they can do to assist us, and if they choose not to - then I can choose not to support them - EZ Peeeezy.

Make the issues REAL to them - not just BS - white noise they can tune out.

Ideas.
Old 10-13-2013, 10:38 PM
Better be Ready!
CGN Contributor

^^^ I like this one, that's what you call not settling for no.

Lifeon2whls,
Maybe add her main web address to the OP and her facebook. I don't use FB but I assume "liking" her on there would help as well. Another easy way to help out.

http://www.susanshelley.com/
[URL="https://www.facebook.com/SusanShelleyForAssembly"][B]LIKE[/B] Susan Shelley on Facebook[/URL]
... and not action, I know but had to add this quote from LA Daily News
Quote:
Anyone — Democrat or Republican — who is uncomfortable with the current Democratic lock in Sacramento will certainly want to look at Shelley because electing a Republican in this one special election will end the supermajority.