Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Northern California Chapters > Sacramento Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2013, 7:09 PM

Default Local AK Build Party/Assistance

So I've been searching the forums for the last few weeks trying to find about any planned AK build parties in the Sacramento Area. All I found was an old thread from 2012.

I wanted to see if there are any upcoming build parties planned in the Sacramento area or if there is anyone who can maybe help out with a Polish underfolder build from a flat? I have a big box of parts and all the 922r parts are on order.

I've been looking for a new project to work on, and think I might need a little help.

Thanks in advance!
Old 07-10-2013, 8:48 PM

Same here. I just built up a bending jig myself and have bent one AK Builder flat, it came out fine and the Maadi parts fit. I'm looking for anyone around who has rivet tools, I have a shop press to do it, but no tools.
Old 07-11-2013, 6:42 PM

I have an RPK that I would like to take apart and have it refinished. The receiver had some welding done and it needs to be Parkerized
Old 07-16-2013, 9:03 AM

I have the rivet tools and a barrel press. If you have a 100% receiver I can help you assemble your gun.
Old 07-21-2013, 4:57 PM

I have a Polish underfolder flat. Is there anyone locally that can help me get to a 100% lower? Like a build tutor?
Old 09-12-2013, 10:43 AM

Default Ak 47 Build

Hi Paulie, I have some questions about building a polish under folder from a parts kit and a 100% receiver from nodak spud.com. I just recently ordered 2 receivers, golden state tactical will handle the transfer.

Is it hard to build?

Is there a limit as to how many we can build?

Also, could you help me build them?

And can I help with the cost of the tools?
Old 09-17-2013, 7:03 PM

Default Possession of an unregisterd firearm is ILLEGAL IN CALIFORNIA

Hi Staehlin and Filospinato I truly believe you guys should get rid of of the flats ASAP because its illegal here in California (anyone correct me if I'm wrong). Only a licensed gun manufacturer can legally make a firearm.

Its ok if its a flat, but once you bend it, it becomes a firearm and if your not licensed to make them it is illegal and you can go to prison (anyone correct me if I'm wrong).

The best bet is to order a 100% fully finished receiver from nodakspud.com or others, because they are licensed to make them. The rails are welded and its been heat treated and it is REGISTERED and you can legally assembled the parts on to it. Remember the mag lock and lock the folding stock in the extended position to make the 30" requirement.

This is what I learned from talking to local Gun Shops, but by all mean correct me if I'm wrong...
Old 09-17-2013, 7:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK47Lover View Post
Hi Staehlin and Filospinato I truly believe you guys should get rid of of the flats ASAP because its illegal here in California (anyone correct me if I'm wrong). Only a licensed gun manufacturer can legally make a firearm.

Its ok if its a flat, but once you bend it, it becomes a firearm and if your not licensed to make them it is illegal and you can go to prison (anyone correct me if I'm wrong).

The best bet is to order a 100% fully finished receiver from nodakspud.com or others, because they are licensed to make them. The rails are welded and its been heat treated and it is REGISTERED and you can legally assembled the parts on to it. Remember the mag lock and lock the folding stock in the extended position to make the 30" requirement.

This is what I learned from talking to local Gun Shops, but by all mean correct me if I'm wrong...
You are TOTALLY wrong.

1968 GCA specifically states that you can legally build and possess a rifle you built for yourself with no intention of selling it. They aren't AKs but I own 4 80% built ARs with no serials or anything (and they are staying that way regardless of what happens with SB374).

Read more here, listen less at LGS.
Old 09-17-2013, 8:35 PM

Quote:

Your all wrong in all ways, home building is still legal provided you follow all the rules both state and fed. If a gun shop is telling you otherwise then shame on them, they are obviously trying to sell you something.

Just do some simple research and you'll find all the answers, start here:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...ad.php?t=86627
Old 09-17-2013, 9:03 PM
www.Buildyourownak.info
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:

You have been corrected already but let me add.
Legal to build a firearm for yourself if you can legally own one.
There is NO limit on how many you can build for your own use.
The firearm you build must comply with all local, state, and federal laws.
There is NO registration required of a home built firearm.
There is NO requirement that the receiver be marked in any way on a home built gun.
Recommended to stay with common designs to avoid the 'pen-gun' problem (pen guns, cane guns, etc are illegal so stick with AK, G3, AR, Uzi, FAL, you know designs that are known).

The only time one would need to be a licensed FFL manufacturer is if they build with the intent to sell them.
If a home build is to be transferred it must be marked per BATFE standards (can be found on BATFE website). And Yes you can sell a home build later down the road . Just cannot built it with the intent to sell it unless licensed to do so.

Google is your friend.
A little research will go a long way to a better understanding of something you aren't sure of.
Welcome to Calguns, and have fun building.
Old 09-18-2013, 12:31 AM

Thanks Nicoroshi for the clear up. I contacted a friend of the family who has his FFL to see if he could help with a parts kit build and I was told flat out,"I cant have anything like that in my shop that is illegal and you need to get it registered asap, its the law!" Needless to say I was a little apprehensive after that but upon further investigation and research I came to the conclusion that it is perfectly legal and I am in no way breaking the law. Pays to research.
Old 09-18-2013, 4:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rideordie805 View Post
Thanks Nicoroshi for the clear up. I contacted a friend of the family who has his FFL to see if he could help with a parts kit build and I was told flat out,"I cant have anything like that in my shop that is illegal and you need to get it registered asap, its the law!" Needless to say I was a little apprehensive after that but upon further investigation and research I came to the conclusion that it is perfectly legal and I am in no way breaking the law. Pays to research.
In my own experience it is never a good idea to believe anything a gun shop or gun seller says because:

1) They are trying to sell you something and if they don't have it then it must not be legal
2) They don't want you to buy anything from anyone else

Home building has to be up there in the most misunderstood law in CA, so it's not your fault if a gun shop owner spreads FUD. Just follow all State and Federal laws in the config of the weapon (keep to an existing design too) and everything is good.

It's extremely hard to build guns, I would imaging fewer than 5% of the population has the skill and knowledge to do it. Add to that probably less than .1% of guns in CA are home builds, and it allows people to realize that home building is perfectly reasonable.

There has been no data or claim ever that I have seen that says a legally home built firearm has ever been used in a crime in the history of the USA.
Old 09-18-2013, 9:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discogodfather View Post
have seen that says a legally home built firearm has ever been used in a crime in the history of the USA.
Remember that shooting at the Jr College in Santa Monica a few months back? 80% AR...

They work as good as Bushmasters lol
Old 09-18-2013, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VendetAR View Post
Remember that shooting at the Jr College in Santa Monica a few months back? 80% AR...

They work as good as Bushmasters lol
Wow, I did not know that, but it's the first mention I have ever seen. Still very skeptical of these reports:

http://www.businessinsider.com/legal...n-a-gun-2013-6

It's still technically not a legal build if he was denied purchasing a rifle. I doubt he used a bullet button.
Old 09-21-2013, 2:23 PM

So is there anyone in the Sacramento area who can help out with building from a flat? I have access to a machine shop and a press, so I would need to borrow a jig a minimum, then get the rails spot welded.

I guess nobody wants to host build parties after that D-bag from mother jones. I may have missed the boat on an AK build, so my next stop may be Nodak.
Old 10-19-2013, 1:44 PM

+1 for a sac build party. It kills me that i have an ak, but i cant shoot it because i cant put it together!!!!! there has to be a shop around or an individual that will tudor a build......right?
Old 11-12-2013, 11:16 AM

talk to Kenny

kengokenny@yahoo.com